00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cinema Club

435,013 Views | 5,739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 10:24:21

At 5/26/08 10:05 AM, mooguy wrote: I guess your looking foward to the sequal. Anybody know anything about Iron Man 2 yet? Is it comming out in '09 or '10?

I didn´t even know they were making a Transormers 2, let alone an Iron man 2. Is Iron man any good? I thought transformers was pretty good, and of course, the effects were very good too.

I´ve just finished watching Full Metal Jacket about 5 minutes ago.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 11:13:16

At 5/26/08 09:07 AM, PenisClown wrote: The Movie Show just did a review of The Crystal Skull. 4/5.

Bull shit.

I saw it, and I didn't like the movie at all.

In fact the only thing I liked about the movie is the fact its about an old harrision Ford.

The plot innvolved aliens and all that shit and was completly stupid, PLUS it didn't have nearly enough action or fight scenes or scenes about Indie packing a gun.

However I must admit that watching Harrision Ford surviving a nuclear blast was pure awesome.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 12:38:08

At 5/26/08 11:13 AM, smc316 wrote: The plot innvolved aliens and all that shit and was completly stupid

Because immortal knights, invisible bridges, and the wrath of God melting people's faces is so much more believable.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 12:44:50

recently viewed movie:

Wong Fei Hung (Once Upon a Time in China) (1991)

This is a fucking kickass martial arts movie. It's one of those that has moves in it that make me laugh and go "that was awesome".

At 5/25/08 09:54 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Harrison Ford IS like ten degrees of awesome after all. I love how he is so badass in all of his films.........

Bladerunner is my favorite

At 5/26/08 04:43 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
And it's cool we both like Studio Ghibli and A View Askew's works.
They´re just both great!

agreed.

Speaking of View Askew, I think it would be great if they made a new film starring Brody from Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob equally.

At 5/25/08 08:13 AM, PenisClown wrote: Well, i'm not really into those sort of movies. Although after seeing this scene with the guys melting and their heads exploding I think i'll give it a try.

I used to love watching that scene in reverse on my friend's VCR.

At 5/26/08 05:55 AM, archex wrote: P.S. My faverouite movie is the new ( or old now) Transformers movie. It had some wicked effects.

I haven't seen it, but it looks really bad.

At 5/26/08 10:24 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I´ve just finished watching Full Metal Jacket about 5 minutes ago.

I BET YOU COULD SUCK A GOLF BALL THROUGH A GARDEN HOSE.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 12:51:32

At 5/26/08 11:13 AM, smc316 wrote: The plot innvolved aliens and all that shit and was completly stupid, PLUS it didn't have nearly enough action or fight scenes or scenes about Indie packing a gun.
However I must admit that watching Harrision Ford surviving a nuclear blast was pure awesome.

Don´t let out too many details -_-

At 5/26/08 12:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: Because immortal knights, invisible bridges, and the wrath of God melting people's faces is so much more believable.

Exactly. Indiana Jones is basically fantasy adventure. It´s all about magic artifacts and mythical stuff.

But what i found interesting, is what i heard about the crystal skull. I heard that it´s a real artifact, and that it´s cut so fine that not even the most advanced laser cutting machines we have now a days could give it that same finish.....how did they do that?

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 12:56:29

At 5/26/08 12:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote: But what i found interesting, is what i heard about the crystal skull. I heard that it´s a real artifact, and that it´s cut so fine that not even the most advanced laser cutting machines we have now a days could give it that same finish.....how did they do that?

I heard that all the crystal skulls that were found are not genuine artifacts and that the whole thing could be a hoax.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 13:41:07

Four points:
1. I saw Indiana Jones at the weekend, and believe me, it fully lives up to expectations as another excellent addition to the franchise
2. Iron man, also an awesome movie which contains some mouth watering hints to marvel fans

(MILD SPOILER ALERT we're talking Avengers here people MILD SPOILER OVER)

3. Unfortunately the day before i saw Indiana Jones I watched Black Sheep on box office. Now is it just me or is that movie actually TERRIBLE but people thought it was good because of the intense 6 MINUTES of violence?
4. I watched Evil dead 3 and was severly dissapointed by it, was anyone else?

Please Reply because i want to know if anyone else thought so

No stairway- DENIED

Operation Clambake: Information will make you free

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 13:41:09

At 5/26/08 12:56 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I heard that all the crystal skulls that were found are not genuine artifacts and that the whole thing could be a hoax.

lol, well i dunno. I heard this off a friend, so it´s nothing official.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 13:46:17

At 5/26/08 01:41 PM, Life-Stream wrote: lol, well i dunno. I heard this off a friend, so it´s nothing official.

"The crystal skulls are a number of human skull models fashioned from blocks of clear or milky quartz crystal rock, claimed to be pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts by their alleged finders. Contemporary mainstream scientific opinion is that the skulls are instead of 19th century or later European manufacture."

At 5/26/08 01:41 PM, bill-the-donkey wrote: 4. I watched Evil dead 3 and was severly dissapointed by it, was anyone else?

You were disappointed by Army of Darkness?! It's miles better than the other two. The other two are just bog standard horror films, Army of Darkness is an hour and a half of Bruce Campbell killing skeletons with chainsaws and steam powered death cars. It's gold.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 14:25:08

At 5/25/08 07:43 AM, PenisClown wrote: I havn't seen it either. Hannibal Rising, the prequel, was just on T.V. but I didn't watch it. It looked pretty shit.

Hannibal Rising is a boatloat of pathetic failure.

The other Lecter flicks are all good (Red Dragon is hit-and-miss, though).

At 5/26/08 01:46 PM, TheMaster wrote: You were disappointed by Army of Darkness?! It's miles better than the other two.

He's a heretic, he must be killed.

The other two are just bog standard horror films,

I liked the original a great deal, but the second was pretty meh.

Army of Darkness is an hour and a half of Bruce Campbell killing skeletons with chainsaws and steam powered death cars. It's gold.

Few movies out there are that fucking awesome.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 14:40:33

So what´s you guys opinion of;
1) A Clockwork Orange
2)Full Metal Jacket

I want to see some more of Kubricks movies but never seem to see any anywhere.

Has anyone seen 2001 A Space odyssey?

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-26 14:43:52

At 5/26/08 02:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So what´s you guys opinion of;
1) A Clockwork Orange

Ace film.

2)Full Metal Jacket

Considering buying that one myself. Never seen it, but it's only £6 in HMV.

I have. Didn't like it when I first saw it. It's a clever film once you get it, but the first time you watch it you'll just be going "...what?" all the way through. It's not one to pick up if you just fancy watching something casually, you've got to really pay attention.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 03:45:32

At 5/26/08 02:43 PM, TheMaster wrote: Ace film.

Yeah it is. I don´t know why it was banned for a while though......it´s not that bad.

Considering buying that one myself. Never seen it, but it's only £6 in HMV.

It´s ok. I´ve always heard it´s a great movie so i was expecting alot i guess. It´s basically split in two parts, the Marines in boot camp training, and the Marines in Vietnam. I preferred the boot camp part, but that´s me. There are some good moments, and i´d say it´s worth a watch, especially to see the Drill Sergeant , he plays a great role.

I have. Didn't like it when I first saw it. It's a clever film once you get it, but the first time you watch it you'll just be going "...what?" all the way through. It's not one to pick up if you just fancy watching something casually, you've got to really pay attention.

I heard it´s a bit of a weird one and that it´s only got like 10 minutes of dialog in the two hour movie. From what i read on wiki it sounded good. I´d still like to watch it.....but like you said, paying attention, so that means on my own.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 09:29:31

Any one else getting excited about the next Bond movie? I know I am.
Thing is there keeping it all very secret....

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 11:42:44

At 5/27/08 09:29 AM, archex wrote: Any one else getting excited about the next Bond movie? I know I am.
Thing is there keeping it all very secret....

Bond is shit when he's not Sean Connery.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 13:31:30

At 5/27/08 11:42 AM, TheMaster wrote: Bond is shit when he's not Sean Connery.

You got some sort of Fetish about Sean Connery?

Pierce Brosnan FTW.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 13:50:30

At 5/27/08 01:31 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You got some sort of Fetish about Sean Connery?

He's brilliant in everything he's in. I can even stomach watching Highlander II since he's in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 14:14:00

At 5/27/08 01:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: He's brilliant in everything he's in. I can even stomach watching Highlander II since he's in it.

I suppose you liked Entrapment (i think that´s what it was called) with him and Catherine Zeta Jones.

Also, i watched ´The Cable Guy´ yesterday again.....so so movie.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 14:21:36

At 5/27/08 02:14 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 5/27/08 01:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: He's brilliant in everything he's in. I can even stomach watching Highlander II since he's in it.
I suppose you liked Entrapment (i think that´s what it was called) with him and Catherine Zeta Jones.

I've only seen him in his Bond roles, Highlander 1 and 2, The Untouchables, Last Crusade and A Bridge Too Far.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-27 14:29:06

At 5/27/08 02:21 PM, TheMaster wrote: I've only seen him in his Bond roles, Highlander 1 and 2, The Untouchables, Last Crusade and A Bridge Too Far.

Well, you´re missing a good movie there then. It´s quite old (1999), but still a good movie.
Trailer.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 05:41:24

At 5/26/08 01:41 PM, bill-the-donkey wrote: 4. I watched Evil dead 3 and was severly dissapointed by it, was anyone else?

Shit, there's an Evil Dead 3? I thought it just went 1, 2, Army of Darkness.

At 5/26/08 12:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Speaking of View Askew, I think it would be great if they made a new film starring Brody from Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob equally.

His brief cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back wasn't enough. Although pant-wettingly good.

I've never seen Chasing Amy, but I heard Jason Long's character in it is similar to Brody, comic books and stuff. Can anyone confirm this?

At 5/26/08 01:46 PM, TheMaster wrote: You were disappointed by Army of Darkness?! It's miles better than the other two. The other two are just bog standard horror films, Army of Darkness is an hour and a half of Bruce Campbell killing skeletons with chainsaws and steam powered death cars. It's gold.

Hey cool, I was right.

I fucking hated Army of Darkness man, in my opinion, the only things that can be so bad they're good is fucked up b-grade Chinese kung-fu stuff. Every other bad film is just that. BAD.At 5/26/08 02:25 PM, Gendo wrote:

Hannibal Rising is a boatloat of pathetic failure.

Am I lucky or what.

The other Lecter flicks are all good (Red Dragon is hit-and-miss, though).

Will go watch nao.

I liked the original a great deal, but the second was pretty meh.

Tentacle rape gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Army of Darkness is an hour and a half of Bruce Campbell killing skeletons with chainsaws and steam powered death cars. It's gold.
Few movies out there are that fucking awesome.

I. Don't. Like. PG's.

And it's stupid.

And imature.

Fuck.

At 5/27/08 02:14 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Also, i watched ´The Cable Guy´ yesterday again.....so so movie.

That movie sucked roaches.

BAZING

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 06:24:39

At 5/28/08 05:41 AM, PenisClown wrote: His brief cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back wasn't enough. Although pant-wettingly good.

lol, that bit was one of the funniest bits in the movie. Mah, mah, mah, blahblahblahblah, mah, mah, mah, lmao.

I've never seen Chasing Amy, but I heard Jason Long's character in it is similar to Brody, comic books and stuff. Can anyone confirm this?

I´ve been meaning to watch that myself for a while now.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 07:49:47

At 5/28/08 06:24 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I´ve been meaning to watch that myself for a while now.

I've never been able to find it.

Also, i'm still oozing with hate for AoD, any freakin' comments?

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 07:56:05

At 5/28/08 07:49 AM, PenisClown wrote: Also, i'm still oozing with hate for AoD, any freakin' comments?

I haven´t seen any of them, that´s why i´ve not said anything about them.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 08:56:33

Oh ok.

Anyway, I plan on seeing a lot of Kubrick's works soon, i'm just worried I won't like Dr. Strangelove, as I know nothing about the Cold War.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 17:54:02

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

I thought it was very good and I was glad that Keanu Reeves didn't have too many lines because his accent was horrible. Plus, Gary Oldman was amazing as usual.

Superbad (2007)

really funny

shame on you. Army of Darkness is great.

At 5/26/08 01:46 PM, TheMaster wrote: "Contemporary mainstream scientific opinion is that the skulls are instead of 19th century or later European manufacture."

Yeah, I had heard they were made in the 1800s or later and passed off as ancient relics. My mom read it in a magazine. Archeology Magazine, I think.

At 5/26/08 02:40 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So what´s you guys opinion of;
1) A Clockwork Orange
2)Full Metal Jacket

I thought both were very good.

I plan on seeing it.

At 5/27/08 03:45 AM, Life-Stream wrote: especially to see the Drill Sergeant , he plays a great role.

R. Lee Ermey is awesome.

At 5/28/08 05:41 AM, PenisClown wrote: His brief cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back wasn't enough. Although pant-wettingly good.

inorite?

It's Jason Lee. And I haven't seen Chasing Amy, either. It's the only one I have not seen.

Also, the animated Clerks series is hilarious.

I. Don't. Like. PG's.

what?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 18:03:59

At 5/28/08 05:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Keanu Reeves

That just made me remember... Keanu Reeves got married to Alan Cumming. Movie-related trivia for y'all there (anyone who didn't already know anyway).

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 18:08:20

At 5/28/08 05:41 AM, PenisClown wrote: I. Don't. Like. PG's.

What are you, 12?

"I DON'T LIKE PG'S THEY'RE FOR BABIES FILMS ARE SHIT IF THEY DON'T HAVE VIOLENCE BLOOD IS AWESOME."

Don't judge films on certificate, it's fucking stupid.

Quality films of PG or lower certificate I own:
Jurassic Park
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Wayne's World
Wayne's World 2
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Battlestar Galactica
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Back to the Future 1-3
King Kong
Dr. No
From Russia With love
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever
The Italian Job
The Time Machine
Them!
The Valley of Gwangi
Jason and the Argonauts
20 Million Miles To Earth
The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
It Came From Beneath The Sea
7th Voyage of Sinbad

There's a few more, but you get the idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 19:15:29

At 5/28/08 05:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Superbad (2007)

Very entertaining flick, in dire need of joining my DVD collection.

I haven't seen Chasing Amy, either. It's the only one I have not seen.

Do so immediately, it's a total masterpiece.

Also, the animated Clerks series is hilarious.

Fuck yes.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-05-28 19:29:02

At 5/28/08 06:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Jason and the Argonauts

Lol I just have to comment on this, considering I just saw it for the first time in ages this week on TV.

I didn't notice until this time I watched it but the movie didn't actually have an ending.

It pretty much goes; "Bad guys summon skeletons, Skeletons, skeletons, skeletons, friends die, skeletons, skeletons, /END."

Plus, speaking of the end it looks hella funny if you watch the entire last 3 or 4 scenes in reverse.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature