00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I asked a Christian man...

4,925 Views | 116 Replies

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:26:55

At 4/15/08 04:07 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: Fanatics are never quick to silence.

This man truths.

A true fanatic never shuts up.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:29:52

At 4/15/08 03:34 PM, Elios wrote: Jesus was human, Hitler was human, we're all human. No sense in praising one human and hating another,

Exept for the fact that one was about goodwill and tolorance and the other was about Genocide and domination...

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:30:58

Even though you said that the soul is a fabrication of imagination, it still isn't proven if it is real or not.

Check out my profile! l Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:32:02

I think most people would find that to have a religious argument, you need two people to be arguing.
Thus, I think you would all find that if you just said "I'm sorry, I'm not interested in your beliefs, I hold my own beliefs," then these people would leave you alone.
The very fact that you answer their questions by "MY BELIEFS DIFFER FROM YOURS, AND HERE'S WHY YOU'RE WRONG," is why these people continue talking to you.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:40:09

At 4/15/08 04:32 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: The very fact that you answer their questions by "MY BELIEFS DIFFER FROM YOURS, AND HERE'S WHY YOU'RE WRONG," is why these people continue talking to you.

Really? I don't think i said it like that. That's kinda harsh. My response was more "My beliefs are different, here's what i think....." But instead of responding, he left. Most of the time, these people stick around for a while, tell me all about their beliefs, and i say "Yes" and nod my head. Not that i'm ignorate to religion, i just don't care.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:42:21

At 4/15/08 04:40 PM, Elios wrote: Really? I don't think i said it like that. That's kinda harsh. My response was more "My beliefs are different, here's what i think....."

Why did you respond like that? It just continues arguments.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:43:17

Let people believe what they want to believe, even though some people may disagree with some elements of religion whether it is is anti-abortion or an afterlife, you have to appreciate the fact that most religions preach of kindness and goodwill towards others.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:44:25

Kind of mean when you think about it, but serves him right for pushing religion on you.

He got Pwnd!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:46:35

At 4/15/08 04:43 PM, styles-p1 wrote: Let people believe what they want to believe, even though some people may disagree with some elements of religion whether it is is anti-abortion or an afterlife, you have to appreciate the fact that most religions preach of kindness and goodwill towards others.

Excellent! Thank you.

/overly-religious thread

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:50:21

The "religious man" seemed pretty decent to me. He wasn't getting in your face about anything, and you responded by being a snob prick.

Enjoy the lake of fire you cunt.

The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.

Roses Are Red Violets are Blue

I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:52:48

He was prolly a priest and though you were hot.

Or maybe cuz u compared hitler to jesus.

At least hitler rebuilt the economy post WWI, jesus spread lies and was nailed to a cross like every liar should be.

For my next trick, I will need a condom and a volunteer.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:58:55

At 4/15/08 04:52 PM, Atgod88 wrote: He was prolly a priest and though you were hot.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT! Because *snort* some priests have shown themselves to be pedophiles! Not only are you making a witty reference to current events, but you are in fact using the sharp blade of wit to demonstrate the man as a contemptible person! Well played sir! Well played!

Or maybe cuz u compared hitler to jesus.

Yeah, what a twat, getting offended by something offensive.

At least hitler rebuilt the economy post WWI, jesus spread lies and was nailed to a cross like every liar should be.

If you're trolling, you're being successful. That comment pisses me off in many ways. It is not only stupid, but arrogant, an infuriating combination.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:59:00

At 4/15/08 04:52 PM, Atgod88 wrote: At least hitler rebuilt the economy post WWI, jesus spread lies and was nailed to a cross like every liar should be.

Oh snap! Good one.

Like i said, science is what i believe in. Whatever someone else believes in, that's fine with me, as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat.

Like i'm pretty sure this guy was going to do...

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:05:31

At 4/15/08 03:43 PM, TightRope wrote: His bible says its wrong to be gay!

What? The Christian Bible? No it doesn't.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional."

Also, Newgrounds can't stop the Brawl!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:06:25

At 4/15/08 04:59 PM, Elios wrote:
Like i'm pretty sure this guy was going to do...

Close but no cigar!

Unless you count "trying to have a polite conversation with the ulterior motive of discussing your religion" as "shoving beliefs down your throat."

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:12:51

At 4/15/08 05:06 PM, TehChahlesh wrote: Unless you count "trying to have a polite conversation with the ulterior motive of discussing your religion" as "shoving beliefs down your throat."

Actually, yes, that's what would most likely happen. This isn't the first time i've had conversations with, religious people, where it ALWAYS becomes a "Ya know, you should belive.". This is, however, the first time one has walked away from me. Apparently what i said, he didn't like, and neither does anybody else here. Ohh these religion battles get so frustrating! Question is, who cares?

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:14:44

And the point of this is, what?

I knew an atheist that thought that the main christian diety is the pope, should that make my penis bigger?

*blatant userpage whoring*

Might as well as keep this shitty tank.sm picture since while theres no animated gif's...

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:15:34

At 4/15/08 05:05 PM, balto-boy wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:43 PM, TightRope wrote: His bible says its wrong to be gay!
What? The Christian Bible? No it doesn't.

Actually, it does.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

Leviticus 18:22

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:15:36

At 4/15/08 05:12 PM, Elios wrote: Actually, yes

Then you have a huge oppression complex

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:18:15

I kinda thought that what he said wasn't too bad, he was just simply stating his own beliefes and wasn't stopping the guy from stating his own as well.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:21:26

At 4/15/08 05:18 PM, mastermalpass wrote: I kinda thought that what he said wasn't too bad, he was just simply stating his own beliefes and wasn't stopping the guy from stating his own as well.

Exactly! He asked me a question, i answered. As always, i was expecting him to explain his beliefs after i made my statement, to which i would listen. but he just....walked away. Now i feel bad, Are you happy!?!!? lol.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:33:41

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, HahaBears wrote: Wow, you're pretty much a dick.

Let others believe in what they believe in, instead of being a dick-head and shutting them down.

If I'm not mistaken, the stranger approached, challenged and mocked Elios, not the other way around.

Wars and shit happen because people (like Hitler) make everyone else wrong.

Obviously you know nothing of the Holocaust.

Also I totally doubt you actually even had this conversation

So why did you post saying that Elios is a dick if you think none of it actually happened?

because of it's idiocy

I see no idiocy whatsoever. If you're referring to his belief system, then you sir, are a dick.

and how you sound like a robot when talking about your "soul".

Your point?

Have fun flaming me.

I did :0

\ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / / 1 \ \ \-|||-/ / / 2 \ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / /

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 17:33:50

At 4/15/08 05:15 PM, mastershake141 wrote: Actually, it does.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

Leviticus 18:22

Well, that seems, at least to me, that it's wrong to have bumsecks. Not necessarily being gay altogether.

It only says "lie with mankind" not "to want to lie with mankind" or something like that.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional."

Also, Newgrounds can't stop the Brawl!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 18:12:36

Hey, sir! You must be very good at speeches, you didn't even pause when you answered him!
That's pretty cool, it was like you knew what he was going to say the whole time!

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 18:48:51

you might of made a big mistake

there will never be peace in BBS as long as we hate each other, There are thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking the root DoMiNiC147

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 19:19:22

At 4/15/08 03:37 PM, Matt1010 wrote: How the fuck would you phrase that so well? Do you memorize it just incase one day you run into some religious guy?

Most human beings are relatively literate and can defend their beliefs accordingly and intelligently... it should not be a hard concept to fathom -.-

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:15:20

At 4/15/08 05:42 PM, DJ-Keen wrote: For that you're getting a 30 day ban from heaven.

Awwwww.....

But really, I doubt you worded it like that, and if you did, kudos for remembering it.

You're absolutely right. There were a lot more "Ahhh's" "Um's" and "Like's" in my statements. But rather than include that in my original post, and look like a rambling fool, i posted it like a normal person.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:26:22

Way to say nothing original AT ALL. You could've had a philisophical conversation with him. But you just decided to be an ass instead.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:30:25

My friend says im retarded for not ONLY believing in god, so i chuck norrised him to the face. A bunch of people come to my door trying to get me to turn christian. I then say i don't believe in RELIGION. He says i have to believe in something. I said i do believe in something. I believe in you getting off my porch before I round house you. He walked away. I then rinsed,washed,and repeated with a scientoligist that came to my door. i also had to punch my friend who constantly says that im a idiot because i say i don't have a religion. Im going to stick withmy theory, we were developed by clouds. Witch i have now abandoned. So i think religious debates shoulden't even be brought up. I said you suck in church to the priest or whoever the guy is up at the stand( witch i was forced to go to) when i was seven, and still did untill i was 12, when i was allowed not to go to church. and as for atheists, anyone who says their atheist i call emos and often ask why, then explain that any religion could be right.

Pro:What! This is madness!! Noob:madness? No,THIS IS NOOBIA!!*pwned*

its about funny cats.

For help, press 1. To learn why I'm standing in your house with a Shotgun, press 2.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:32:00

At 4/15/08 10:26 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: You could've had a philisophical conversation with him. But you just decided to be an ass instead.

Ehh...i wasn't in the mood for one of those "Hey you're going to hell, join the church" talks. I've been involved in those too many times. Really, i don't know why i said what i said, he asked me a question, and that was my answer. And i guess i either offended him, or he wanted nothing to do with me. Either way, no disrespect to the man, i just, don't care right now.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature