00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I asked a Christian man...

4,887 Views | 116 Replies

I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:34:38

Some Christian guy came up to me earlier, and we had an interesting conversation. He asked me, "Son, do you believe in God?" I said, "No.". He laughed, and said, "But...what if you died tomorrow, what will happen?" And i said:

"If i died tomorrow, i'll have my body donated to the University of Buffalo to be used for scientific research. After two years of being dissected, i will be cremated and stuffed into a little bottle for all of my family to look at. Pretty cool huh?"

He look shocked, and then he said, "But son, what will happen to your soul?". I said.

"I don't have a soul. My physical being is operated by a mass of gelotenous fleshy substance inside my skull, which sends nerological signals that maintains homeostatis and regulates by body temperature. This "Soul" you speak of, is merely a fabrication of the imagination. A mystical being does not exist within me, for i am just a mass of flesh, blood, and bones, which is the result of thousands of years of evolution. Jesus was human, Hitler was human, we're all human. No sense in praising one human and hating another, we're all the same."

He walked away.

Did i say somthing wrong...?

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:36:01

It wasnt what you said, its how you said it that offended him

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:36:08

no, you were pretty much spot on.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:37:00

How the fuck would you phrase that so well? Do you memorize it just incase one day you run into some religious guy?

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:37:03

it really didn't sound that intelligent, he probably just realized that you were a snide noob who should be permabanned from life.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:37:43

My philosophy is Descartian Realistic. therefore, I know not.

Gotta get my cream in Wisconsin

Party Room Suite at the Sheraton

Is my profile full of naked pics? YOU BET!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:38:35

Serves him right for enjoying a meaningful life full of good deeds and wanted to share it with others.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:39:15

At 4/15/08 03:38 PM, RedCoin wrote: Serves him right for enjoying a meaningful life full of good deeds and wanted to share it with others.

Everything you just said was spot on.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:39:55

At 4/15/08 03:37 PM, Matt1010 wrote: How the fuck would you phrase that so well? Do you memorize it just incase one day you run into some religious guy?

No idea, i just started saying words, and that's what came out of my mouth. As i was riding home, i kept repeating what i said in my head, so i could remember and write it down later.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:42:00

This obviously neve happened you can all stfu and go away

95% of newgrounds likes boobies... shocking isn't it ?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:42:11

At 4/15/08 03:38 PM, RedCoin wrote: Serves him right for enjoying a meaningful life full of good deeds and wanted to share it with others.

He was holding a stapler and a stack of papers that said "Anti-Gay". I dunno if that counts as a "good deed"...

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:42:30

Spot on,but we was probably just really offended.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:43:11

At 4/15/08 03:42 PM, Elios wrote:
He was holding a stapler and a stack of papers that said "Anti-Gay". I dunno if that counts as a "good deed"...

His bible says its wrong to be gay! Did he walk away or did he not? He knew you were an immature twat and respected that and walked away.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:44:29

At 4/15/08 03:40 PM, mranarchy wrote:
IE-telling everyone else why they are wrong and should despise their own existence unless they conform to his belief system

Nice exaduration you got there.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:46:08

At 4/15/08 03:40 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: witty counter argument

I actually had a conversatation strikingly similar to that not too long ago, believe it or not.

I'm dead serious.

I'd also like to point out that the only three hardcore, outspoken about it atheists I know are unintelligent douchebags that I have beat up on multiple occassions for mocking my beliefs.

Just saying.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:46:42

Wow, you're pretty much a dick.

Let others believe in what they believe in, instead of being a dick-head and shutting them down.
Wars and shit happen because people (like Hitler) make everyone else wrong. Also I totally doubt you actually even had this conversation because of it's idiocy and how you sound like a robot when talking about your "soul".

Have fun flaming me.

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:48:22

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, HahaBears wrote: Wow, you're pretty much a dick.

Let others believe in what they believe in, instead of being a dick-head and shutting them down.
Wars and shit happen because people (like Hitler) make everyone else wrong. Also I totally doubt you actually even had this conversation because of it's idiocy and how you sound like a robot when talking about your "soul".

Have fun flaming me.

WOOHOO great way to put it HAHABears, this guy is a fucking liar who had the whole conversation in his head and then came to post it on NG and some day hopes he can have this well thought out battle of words.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:49:11

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, HahaBears wrote: Wow, you're pretty much a dick.

Directed at the OP btw

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:49:32

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, darknessdweller wrote: No soul, huh? Hey, I'm Christian!!!!! So, are you saying my religion is imaginatory, or sumthin'?

Oh no, not at all! I repect other peoples ideas and beliefs. I just stated MY ideas and beliefs. Apparently he did not like them.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:49:34

Epic Zing!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:51:54

Ive had the same thing happen many times to me.
Too bad I dont memorize anything clever to say.

Most of the time theres people telling me to accept jesus into my life.
Me: Why?
Them: because blah blah blah bible references
Me: ok, cya.

Im agnostic , there could be a god in one form or another. But I dont like christianity, even though technically I am a christian. Once I made my conformation I left religion for good. If it works for others fine, but I get annoyed when people tell you that you need it.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:52:13

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I'd also like to point out that the only three hardcore, outspoken about it atheists I know are unintelligent douchebags that I have beat up on multiple occassions for mocking my beliefs.

Typical religious behaviour.

lol.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 15:53:43

At 4/15/08 03:52 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I'd also like to point out that the only three hardcore, outspoken about it atheists I know are unintelligent douchebags that I have beat up on multiple occassions for mocking my beliefs.

lol.

I am a violent person. I have no problem admitting that.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:02:18

I think he walked away because you made his brain asplode

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:05:25

At 4/15/08 03:53 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
Come on, you can tell us. Did you make this up?

Honestly, this is true. Right now, i wish it wasn't, because now i realize i probably hurt this guy's feelings. This all happened a few hours ago when i was returning "Full Metal Jacket" to BlockBuster. This sort of stuff happens in my town often. Lots of people staple "anti-abortion" "anti-gay" posters on the phone poles. My town is very, VERY religious. And i have no idea why.

I speak only the truth, and what i believe in. Some people agree, most don't, and that's fine with me.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:05:51

At 4/15/08 03:55 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:52 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
*Protestant behaviour.

I came up with about 37 different responses to this. Unfortunately, they all boiled down to "Get out of my face you dirty Finnian." So I'll just not say anything.

woops.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:12:09

At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:40 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
I'd also like to point out that the only three hardcore, outspoken about it atheists I know are unintelligent douchebags that I have beat up on multiple occassions for mocking my beliefs.
Just saying.

Did you ask yourself "what would Jesus do?"

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:13:41

At 4/15/08 04:12 PM, MrFlopz wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:46 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:40 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
Just saying.
Did you ask yourself "what would Jesus do?"

That depends on wether these people were threatening me with death or filling my church with fruit stalls.

I'd compare it to the latter.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:15:37

He figured you sold your soul, and didn't wanna mess with the devil.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 16:15:39

At 4/15/08 04:07 PM, MickTheChampion wrote: I call BS.

Fanatics are never quick to silence.

You got that right! My town never shuts up! Fanatics are crazy, i'm just a smart-ass who came up with a funny response.

And nobody laughed......

Do what now...?

BBS Signature