00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KeyDraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I asked a Christian man...

4,923 Views | 116 Replies

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:34:43

haha man most religious people are not going to give you that talk. they'll just talk to you about life in general.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:41:36

4. the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments.
5. a human being; person.
6. high-mindedness; noble warmth of feeling, spirit or courage, etc.
7. the animating principle; the essential element or part of something.
8. the inspirer or moving spirit of some action, movement, etc.
9. the embodiment of some quality: He was the very soul of tact.

Haha you sure you don't have a soul, Elios?

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:43:12

hhey duded stick figures are fucking awesome lets cover my skin in them fucking xtreme

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:46:06

At 4/15/08 10:43 PM, Minion777 wrote: hhey duded stick figures are fucking awesome lets cover my skin in them fucking xtreme

Finally! Someone with a good idea. My appointment is may 1st, and i made a thread about it already, let's go to that one! Still need some ideas for what to get.

I'm pretending to be completely oblivious to the fact that you are being sarcastic. :D

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:53:31

How do you know he was a christian?

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:57:19

At 4/15/08 10:26 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Way to say nothing original AT ALL. You could've had a philisophical conversation with him. But you just decided to be an ass instead.

Quite true.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 22:59:18

At 4/15/08 10:53 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: How do you know he was a christian?

Cross necklace thing, "Anti-Gay" flyers, and pocket bible. Pretty obvious.

The thing is, this town i live in (which shall not be named, but it's in western New York) Has a very high percentage of christians, born again christians, and catholics (if there is a difference between them, i don't know) In the area, we have 12 churches, 1 large church, and 2 jewish temples. That's all i know of in the area. Often times i go down main street, and i see protestors, anti-somthing signs, and organization meetings. I try to avoid them, and not cause trouble.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:01:12

At 4/15/08 10:46 PM, Elios wrote:
At 4/15/08 10:43 PM, Minion777 wrote: hhey duded stick figures are fucking awesome lets cover my skin in them fucking xtreme
Finally! Someone with a good idea. My appointment is may 1st, and i made a thread about it already, let's go to that one! Still need some ideas for what to get.

I'm pretending to be completely oblivious to the fact that you are being sarcastic. :D

Youre a tool who will most likely end up working a spot handling packages at UPS and whos only real joy to look forward in his menial existence will be blacking out saturday night and waking up in the gutter.

There, less subtleties to be bothered with.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:03:29

Haha 12 churches. There are 12 churches in my neighborhood alone. I don't even know how many there are. They're EVERYWHERE. He had anti-gay things?

I would've gone more along the lines of "i follow the one and only truth, the way that is not held down by any book, religion, or quibbish followers."

Speak gibberish to him. Not "Haha this is what my body scientificallly is" :\

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:05:21

At 4/15/08 10:58 PM, Grammer wrote: God exists, and you are wrong

Lol, maybe i am, maybe i'm not. I don't know, nor do i waste time questioning. I live my life with science. When i die, and there is a god, well shoot, i was wrong! If not, then i won't be disappointed.

By putting too much faith in somthing, then realizing it's not real, that's just a waste of time.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:07:02

At 4/15/08 10:32 PM, Elios wrote:
At 4/15/08 10:26 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: You could've had a philisophical conversation with him. But you just decided to be an ass instead.
Ehh...i wasn't in the mood for one of those "Hey you're going to hell, join the church" talks. I've been involved in those too many times. Really, i don't know why i said what i said, he asked me a question, and that was my answer. And i guess i either offended him, or he wanted nothing to do with me. Either way, no disrespect to the man, i just, don't care right now.

Erm,

You do realize that not all religious people are the 'join or rot' type, right?

Some of us let others do what they please, thank you.

But the offense was mainly in the fact that you didn't say it in a way that said 'In my opinion/in my beliefs...'

You basic just said: "This is reality, everything you believe in is a load of fashionable crap."

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:07:49

well you had it all right but did you have to be such an ass about it?

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:08:09

At 4/15/08 11:01 PM, Minion777 wrote: Huh...?
At 4/15/08 11:03 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: What?

When i'm level 32 am i going to start speaking in riddles or somthing?

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:11:11

At 4/15/08 11:08 PM, Elios wrote:

what is happening in my body scientifically*

did I say something wrong. Sorry.

I see everything as the same thing. So basically you two having that conversation to me is like. "This is the earth! No. THIS is the earth! No this might be the universe! This IS the universe!"

bah.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:12:10

At 4/15/08 05:15 PM, mastershake141 wrote:
At 4/15/08 05:05 PM, balto-boy wrote:
At 4/15/08 03:43 PM, TightRope wrote: His bible says its wrong to be gay!
What? The Christian Bible? No it doesn't.
Actually, it does.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

Leviticus 18:22

actually that could be used against bi-sexuals at best, sleep with one
sleep with the other, i wouldn't never lay with a woman the same as a man or vise versa

... and i've always found christians to be more offencive about thier beliefs, though of course the ones who arn't i would never really run into and notice, so maybe the 11th commandment should have been STFU.

the holy trinity - ctrl, alt, delete

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:17:09

At 4/15/08 11:11 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:
"This is the earth! No. THIS is the earth! No this might be the universe! This IS the universe!"

Hah! That's funny because it makes sense. Excellent way of putting it, thank you.

At 4/15/08 11:07 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: did you have to be such an ass about it?

It's the "being as ass" part that makes these religious people go away.

Again, i will say that i have absolutely nothing against any sort of religion, belief structure, lifestyle, etc.
It's when i am approached, and whoever starts talking about what they believe in, when i didn't even start talking to them, that i put up my "defense", and put an end to this conversation, before it turns into somthing ugly. Trust me, this conversation wasn't the worse thing that's ever happened.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:18:37

Would it be wrong of me to say "prove it"?

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:22:29

At 4/15/08 11:18 PM, Brick-top wrote:
Would it be wrong of me to say "prove it"?

Would it be wrong of me to say "prove evolution?"

Honestly, no one can say they know how anything works.

Death, life, everything...it's really all beyond human perception.

We think we know quite a bit, but really, we know absolutely nothing.

Humans are an insignificant spec on the grand scale on the world. We're just so narcissistic that we like to think we're the all knowing.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:22:36

At 4/15/08 11:17 PM, Elios wrote:
Trust me, this conversation wasn't the worse thing that's ever happened.

Oh, do tell.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:25:36

At 4/15/08 11:08 PM, Elios wrote:

Not at all, but you might comprehend them.

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:40:07

ok this is the first time I've spoken of this publicly.

I'm an atheist. And i believe pretty much Elios' explanation. But I'm not one of those atheists that bashes others beliefs. Or tries to force it on others.

I think religion was a way to cope with death. To make it seam like death was actually a good thing and to not be afraid. Then they threw in things like but you have to be good, and don't sin or you'll go to hell ect. Those little things to trick people into being good. That's what I think anyway.

Religion gave people someone to blam and someone to look up to.

But I look up to myself so I don't feel I need a god to protect me and a devil to hate, and to see jesus as my savior. I'm sure he was a really swell guy and no doubt someone like him existed and his views helped alot of people cope with things, but it just isn't for me.

What I get annoyed about from both sides is how people try to force it on others. People want to believe different things and they shouldn't be forced to believe. I think a lot of christians are feeling they're doing the right thing in giving a person religion because they believe they're saving them from the fires of hell since it's a sin to not believe. I think the "you must believe or go to hell" rule was what causes all the conflicts in the first place.

Anyway that's my thought, don't try to convince me of anything because I'm only posting once anyway.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:40:18

At 4/15/08 11:22 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:
At 4/15/08 11:17 PM, Elios wrote:
Trust me, this conversation wasn't the worse thing that's ever happened.
Oh, do tell.

Ok ok ok ok...one story before bedtime.

3 years ago, me, and a group of friends went to an Insane Clown Posse concert in Ohio. We took a cab from the bus station, to the camp grounds where the show was held. When we got there, the locals in the area were protesting the concert. (This happens every year at this show) The cab guy says he's not driving us into the campgrounds, so we got our stuff, and started walking. Now, here's the setup: I'm walking with my two friends, and some guys that we rode with in the cab, and we're surrounded by maybe, 60 people, yelling at us, the security guards, and other kids walking into the campgrounds. Naturally, i'm scared of these people. They're pissed off, and i'm part of the group they are pissed off at. Some of them had megaphones screaming "Get out! This is un-godly!".

These people hated us, and for what reason? We didn't do anything. It's just a concert! But, like anything else in the world, if you are unfamiliar with it, you hate it. That's how some belief structures work.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:42:05

Those aren't really belief structures they're constructs of control designed to steer you away from discovering the real truth.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:45:26

At 4/15/08 11:42 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:

constructs of control designed to steer you away from discovering the real truth. = Christianity

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:48:26

At 4/15/08 11:45 PM, Elios wrote:
constructs of control designed to steer you away from discovering the real truth. =

Just mainstream religion mostly. Mainstream anything. Any organization. Is based on that organization surviving as an organism, not as a group of individuals but as a mentality. A mentality that begets more and more of itself, falling over on the same circular logic and never going anywhere.

See the main flaw with religion is that it's not dynamic. It's form, tradition, ritual. It doesn't evolve and gain new information.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:51:35

At 4/15/08 11:48 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:
At 4/15/08 11:45 PM, Elios wrote:
See the main flaw with religion is that it's not dynamic. It's form, tradition, ritual. It doesn't evolve and gain new information.

Aha! That's the perfect statement. And why i perfer science. Science strives to gain knowledge, and discover new facts.

Wonderful! No hard feelings anyone.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-15 23:55:56

At 4/15/08 11:48 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:

And that's why more and more people, while not always going atheistic, are dropping away from mainstream churches.
I like my faith, but it gets tiring, getting pamphlets and hearing speakers that I don't agree with.
ABORTION IS EVIL, DESTROYS SOULS, AND FUCKS UP THE MOTHER!
GAYS ARE EVIL!
I'm just bloody glad I don't have to listen to that crap often.

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-16 00:00:45

Churches suck.

I want to go visit some monks though. Any religion monks. They're funny looking.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-16 00:08:14

I just want to go up to you right now and high five you.

You did a good job today.

Response to I asked a Christian man... 2008-04-16 00:10:34

Well I've got nothing to say but this.
OWNED!
You know I have to do the same.

BBS Signature