00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Atastic supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

995,315 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-27 11:41:03

At 6/27/10 11:26 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Ah man, I haven't judged potential flashes in a long time, I don't remember the rules... I think if it's one of those games that you just put the pictures into and it makes a slide show for you, then it's flaggable. But it looks like the person made it alone; very poorly, yes, but done alone.

- Do not submit pictures in a slide show format with no interactivity. Quiz games are okay.

I'm leaning towards letting that one go, as it has SOME interactivity. Yes like you said it was very poorly done, but it has some interactivity. Seeing it's very badly done (not to mention 3 slides and bad layout), I think the majority will blam it; but vote accordingly (or don't vote at all) and we'll see what happens.

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-27 11:56:07

Shes uploaded another one.

P.S. I think the first one is under reveiw now.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-27 12:07:07

Just thought I'd drop in regarding the "interactivity" debate. If it was some nude pictures used in something like a game, perhaps they are obscured and reveal themselves as the game progresses, fine. Sticking 4 nude pics in an swf and slapping buttons onto it is not interactivity whatsoever. So if you so wish, you can flag these sort of flashes without fear.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-27 15:36:51

At 6/27/10 11:03 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 6/27/10 09:03 AM, Decky1991 wrote:
But, frankly, the NGPD doesn't particularly focus on spam crew problems, unless they break the rules. Each user is entitled to an opinion.

And thats another thing, they don't break the rules, they know the boundaries and stay away from them so that they KNOW that they can't be flagged. Although I think seizure screens shouldn't be allowed, but that might just be me.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-27 17:16:18

At 6/27/10 03:36 PM, gamewiz202 wrote:
At 6/27/10 11:03 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 6/27/10 09:03 AM, Decky1991 wrote:
But, frankly, the NGPD doesn't particularly focus on spam crew problems, unless they break the rules. Each user is entitled to an opinion.
And thats another thing, they don't break the rules, they know the boundaries and stay away from them so that they KNOW that they can't be flagged. Although I think seizure screens shouldn't be allowed, but that might just be me.

In the long run, does it really matter?

At the end of the day, their spam will be knocked off the front portal page and into the depths of darkness/obscurity, never to be seen again. So chances are only like 10% of the traffic will have seen the submission, and the next day it's gone.

An exception is if one of them wins the turd of the week, but still nevertheless just ignore them. Ranting/troll feeding is what keeps those punks spamming, and if nobody pays attention to them they probably will go away and spam elsewhere.

On the positive side, the bad/abusive reviewing users are exposed in spam submissions (if they review the crap), and can be punished easily by flagging their review(s) (which can teach those users the hard way to not feed the troll in reviews). So there is still a positive quality of the spam submission. Still negative nevertheless, but looking for positives in negatives is a good skill to have.

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-28 05:49:49

At 6/27/10 08:05 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Top 5 Gainers:
1. Mans0n - 97
2. Decky1991 - 48
3. Figter - 33
4. gamewiz202 - 30
5. TheSongSalad - 21

Wow, it sure was some time since i last saw my name in the top 5 ;'D

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-28 13:08:40

At 6/27/10 08:05 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I hope you're all well and safe. Sorry this is a tad late, I've been busy. Tomorrow is my Prom and I've been doing last minute things to make sure everything is sorted.

Enjoy your prom dude. I didn't go to mine. in my school they made a list of things you couldn't do if you wanted to go to the prom, you know stuff like "you must have over 90% attendance" and "you can't get suspended in the final year." Anyway, ye, I broke them all :).

Top 5 Gainers:
2. Decky1991 - 48

Still second. Not bad.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-28 17:04:40

At 6/28/10 01:08 PM, Decky1991 wrote:
At 6/27/10 08:05 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I hope you're all well and safe. Sorry this is a tad late, I've been busy. Tomorrow is my Prom and I've been doing last minute things to make sure everything is sorted.
Enjoy your prom dude. I didn't go to mine. in my school they made a list of things you couldn't do if you wanted to go to the prom, you know stuff like "you must have over 90% attendance" and "you can't get suspended in the final year." Anyway, ye, I broke them all :).

My, seems like we have a delinquent among us! Heh I didn't go to my prom either. I'm not the kind of guy to get into school dances or anything like that. In anycase, I really hope you had a great time with your friends! That's all that matters in the end.

Thanks again Liz, for blessing us with yet another successful roster! I really should start putting up more of a fight now that summer is upon me.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-28 18:43:04

At 6/28/10 05:04 PM, TailsPrower wrote: My, seems like we have a delinquent among us! Heh I didn't go to my prom either. I'm not the kind of guy to get into school dances or anything like that.

Haha. I did used to be abit of a hand full. I know what you mean about not being the sort of person to go to dances and what not, I wasn't looking forward to my prom much anyway. The only thing that really got me was that a girl I'd had a thing for asked me to go with her. (Very hollywood romantic comedy plot-ish isnt it.) O' the one that got away. God, that was three years ago. I feel old.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 09:44:04

At 6/28/10 05:04 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Thanks again Liz, for blessing us with yet another successful roster! I really should start putting up more of a fight now that summer is upon me.

You never fail to make me laugh my fucking spleen out when you start making B/P-related promises.

So, that'll be a big fat 0 for you on the next roster then?

IT DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH; WE ALL LOVE YOU ANYWAY! <3

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 11:37:47

At 6/29/10 09:44 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: You never fail to make me laugh my fucking spleen out when you start making B/P-related promises.

So, that'll be a big fat 0 for you on the next roster then?

IT DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH; WE ALL LOVE YOU ANYWAY! <3

Sheizen... You're so cynical, it breaks my fragile heart. But you'll see! I'll place in the top 5 this week, now that the juggernauts are out of the way! That's right, I'm going to make a miracle. I've done it before and I can do it again! You just watch >:D

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 14:18:10

POSSIBLY STOLEN!

Suspect:

Original:
http://www.addictinggames.com/escapetheb ookstore2.html

The author, AddictingGames23, is arguably not the original. There is no connection with this account and AddictingGames or Dina Gjertsen, the name of the original author as provided in AG's original. No age, location, not even a link to shatteredgames.com or addictinggames.com in either the submissions description or user page.

One thing that counters my suspicion is that the author's descriptions for the game on both sites match - but that can easily be a matter of copy pasta. To neglect such crucial information as mentioned before begs to question its legitimacy. I think at this point, it's safe to assume the game does not belong to that account. Check it out for yourselves and let us know what you think.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 15:19:50

At 6/29/10 02:18 PM, TailsPrower wrote: POSSIBLY STOLEN!

The author, AddictingGames23, is arguably not the original. There is no connection with this account and AddictingGames or Dina Gjertsen, the name of the original author as provided in AG's original. No age, location, not even a link to shatteredgames.com or addictinggames.com in either the submissions description or user page.

I agree that this is definitely suspicious and I think I have heard AddictingGames23 come up in a few of the earlier posts. Having said that I don't think I will blow my whistle on this. It could be nothing, I'm just going to keep an eye on AddictingGames23. If he is a theft he is going to slip up one day. Until then I suggest we bide our time.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 16:38:46

At 6/29/10 11:37 AM, TailsPrower wrote: That's right, I'm going to make a miracle. I've done it before and I can do it again! You just watch >:D

Last time you actually did that was Clock day... which was almost a year ago, and doesn't really count since all you do is mindlessly click the 5 button for 24 hours straight.

Anyhoo, regarding the odd AddictingGames account:

I sent 'em an e-mail, and just found this in my inbox. It's not quite the answer I was hoping for, but it looks like it's getting passed to the right people at least. Something seems to be happening at any rate:

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 16:52:02

At 6/29/10 04:38 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I sent 'em an e-mail, and just found this in my inbox.

FFFFFFFFFFF---

Upload fail.
Okay, this time WITH the goddamned picture:

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 17:22:30

At 6/29/10 04:52 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 6/29/10 04:38 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I sent 'em an e-mail, and just found this in my inbox.
FFFFFFFFFFF---

Upload fail.
Okay, this time WITH the goddamned picture:

Sounds like you at least got through to them. Hopefully they go on their word and go through with sorting out this mess. It's really confusing as to whether or not we're allowed to flag this user or not.

Thanks for taking the time, Mr. Hammer. :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-29 17:44:11

At 6/29/10 04:38 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Last time you actually did that was Clock day... which was almost a year ago, and doesn't really count since all you do is mindlessly click the 5 button for 24 hours straight.

Meh, everyone's a critic -___-; I guess I'll have to prove myself to you too, amirite? ;)

Anyhoo, regarding the odd AddictingGames account:

I sent 'em an e-mail, and just found this in my inbox. It's not quite the answer I was hoping for, but it looks like it's getting passed to the right people at least. Something seems to be happening at any rate:

Well, at least it's better than nothing. So far so good thanks again Sheizen for the hard work!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-30 11:21:46

My name is Slash Firestorm. Some of you do not know me, but I have more B/P points than all of you put together. Nearly double that, in fact. Aspire to match my greatness.

THAT IS ALL.

also oh god i am so lonely why did i spend so many years here WHYYYYY

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-30 13:05:34

At 6/30/10 11:21 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: My name is Slash Firestorm. Some of you do not know me, but I have more B/P points than all of you put together. Nearly double that, in fact. Aspire to match my greatness.

THAT IS ALL.

also oh god i am so lonely why did i spend so many years here WHYYYYY

Oh my God... Slash is that really you? It felt like years have gone since the last time I saw you here. How's life been treating ya, old friend? If you need some company, we're always around so don't let me catch you comin in here again groaning about how ronery you are!

the legend of Slash is upon us once more.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 07:18:12

At 6/29/10 05:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 6/29/10 04:38 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Last time you actually did that was Clock day... which was almost a year ago, and doesn't really count since all you do is mindlessly click the 5 button for 24 hours straight.
Meh, everyone's a critic -___-; I guess I'll have to prove myself to you too, amirite? ;)

Add my name to that list Tails. Clock day was a long time ago. I'm not sure if you can pick out under judgement submissions from the rest of them anymore. :p

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 07:49:04

My B/P rate is increasing, I think. I need to get 1500 to rank up to Police Lieutenant and I already got over 1100, I've not been a Police Sergeant long. Its probibly just me but it seems to be going quite quickly.

Woooo. Level 12 now :).

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 16:57:10

At 7/1/10 07:18 AM, michelinman wrote: I'm not sure if you can pick out under judgement submissions from the rest of them anymore. :p

And just what's that supposed to mean?

HMMMMMM?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 22:38:17

Hey guys. Any thing change around these here parts? Well, I thought I'd drop by with two things.

First, I like to ask if it'd be alright if I joined up again. I've been posting some these few weeks and thought it would be good if I could join back up. Any naysayers?

Second, I was wondering if you could consider this Stolen:

It's still UJ but I'd hurry it up. It's a clearly stolen video from Youtube or some where and they don't give credit for using it. You can't just slap on 5 seconds of "Vote 5" To a background of MLK Jr. and say it's yours. Can you? I can't find the video any place so could one of you help me out?

Well, that is all.

Salutes

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 22:48:07

Scratch the not being able to find it part. I didn't notice the "Get Down, B4-4" part in the corner at the begging. Found the very same on youtube and that was all the evidence I needed to whistle it up. I consider this Whistlable because even though it says it in the video who made it. They don't credit it themselves and it still doesn't credit the ones who made the video, only those whom sung the song.

I highly doubt they made their own video.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 23:30:55

At 7/1/10 10:48 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Scratch the not being able to find it part. I didn't notice the "Get Down, B4-4" part in the corner at the begging. Found the very same on youtube and that was all the evidence I needed to whistle it up. I consider this Whistlable because even though it says it in the video who made it. They don't credit it themselves and it still doesn't credit the ones who made the video, only those whom sung the song.
I highly doubt they made their own video.

It'd be nice if you could provide the rest of us with a link to the original hollowed, so that we can possibly whistle it as well!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-01 23:56:45

At 7/1/10 11:30 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: It'd be nice if you could provide the rest of us with a link to the original hollowed, so that we can possibly whistle it as well!

No problemo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhv6gipA3 dc

I'm not sure if it's the original but it does show that they took it from Youtube.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-02 08:10:06

At 7/1/10 10:38 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: First, I like to ask if it'd be alright if I joined up again. I've been posting some these few weeks and thought it would be good if I could join back up. Any naysayers?

I like your username. Just because of that I hope they do let you back in. I think I remember you left as I arrived so you probibly haven't heard of me before. Hi, I'm Decky :).

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-02 10:49:06

At 7/1/10 04:57 PM, TailsPrower wrote: And just what's that supposed to mean?

HMMMMMM?

It means neither he nor I are the slightest bit surprised at the apparent lack of this "miracle" you were on about earlier. Last Sunday, you had 2115 B/P. It is now Friday, and you've managed all of 24 B/P so far. Admittedly, it's better than your usual zero, but it's hardly worth congratulating even by the standards of a slow NGPD activity period. Either you're planning on not eating or sleeping all through tomorrow and Sunday morning, or this supposed surge of B/P isn't going to happen.

lol XD

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-02 12:12:20

At 7/2/10 10:49 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
It means neither he nor I are the slightest bit surprised at the apparent lack of this "miracle" you were on about earlier. Last Sunday, you had 2115 B/P. It is now Friday, and you've managed all of 24 B/P so far. Admittedly, it's better than your usual zero, but it's hardly worth congratulating even by the standards of a slow NGPD activity period. Either you're planning on not eating or sleeping all through tomorrow and Sunday morning, or this supposed surge of B/P isn't going to happen.

lol XD

You guys are way too demanding on poor Tails. Even I have never come up with more than 25-30 b/p points in a week I don't think. Calm your horses down geez lol.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-07-02 13:48:30

Hey guys. Just thought I'd drop in to say hi.

I haven't been B/Ping much lately, but I did get my Bronze Whistle. I'll be applying to the EGB as soon as I find the time to be a bit more active on the Forums.

I see Tails has made another promise to B/P, in addition to making this week's top 5 as well. Heheh, I won't criticize you Tails, but I wish you good luck. Even if you do break your promise, I won't blame you. I don't B/P that much either. ;P

BBS Signature