00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jd-d20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

995,328 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 17:09:50

At 3/26/09 04:49 PM, mwmike wrote: Does it all make more sense now?

Let me think:

Loading external content involves loading/using files that aren't in/part of the flash file itself, yes?

Since that looks exactly like what that particular flash is doing, I guess that means it's not a link then.

Given that, if that's what an 'external content' flash looks like, then what does a flash that's just a link look like? If it's just a button with 'click here' written on it (that opens another webpage), or something?

Is any of that accurate?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 17:35:07

Oh wait, I remember you! You're that detective guy! Did you get that ban ticket from Poozy or is that classified?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 18:10:49

At 3/26/09 05:05 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Well that was an awfully short recession :P

tell me about it. i wonder if tom can just ban whole i.p. addresses from making accounts?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 19:33:17

At 3/26/09 05:05 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Well that was an awfully short recession :P

Economy's still not getting any better. ;)

At 3/26/09 06:06 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Oh hey tails! Glad you could join us. Have I missed something here? I don't understand....

Join the club.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 19:37:15

At 3/26/09 05:35 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Oh wait, I remember you! You're that detective guy! Did you get that ban ticket from Poozy or is that classified?

I'm guessing you're referring to me. And yes, I did get that 'Get out of Ban-Land free' ticket from Poozy. Only thing is, it only works if it's Poozy that bans me in the first place.

Meh; I don't plan on needing something like that much anyway. I also expected him to 'forget' about it (especially given that I found the exact opposite of what he wanted), but he turned out to be genuine.

Maybe he's not the insufferable dick everyone likes to hate on him for.

Then again, maybe not.......

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 20:21:50

At 3/26/09 06:10 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: tell me about it. i wonder if tom can just ban whole i.p. addresses from making accounts?

He can. Then they'd just proxy more.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 20:44:13

I would like to let you know that CBeer's latest alt and all of the spam flashes he submitted where deleted. Another proof that Wade does his job once in a while and does it well hehe.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 20:46:23

At 3/26/09 08:44 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I would like to let you know that CBeer's latest alt and all of the spam flashes he submitted where deleted. Another proof that Wade does his job once in a while and does it well hehe.

good. he'll be back, but at least it took him a while last time.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 20:54:52

Stolen:

This is from novel games, stolen like all of this author's other submissions.

http://www.novelgames.com/flashgames/gam e.php?id=6

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 20:59:49

good catch. i knew he stole things, but i couldn't find that one anywhere.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 21:04:02

At 3/26/09 08:59 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: good catch. i knew he stole things, but i couldn't find that one anywhere.

For future reference, this is what I always do to find the original source, just google the title that is given in game and check out the various sites where the game is, look at differences between the two (for example the one submitted on NG does not have novel games at the beginning) and see when the flash is from, etc.

Google is your best friend to figure out whether something is stolen or not.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 21:13:42

thanks for the tip spiffy, you make good sense.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 21:55:46

Greetings to all members of the Newgrounds police department. *salutes* I don't know if veterans are allowed or if you guys still do that, but hey, I've only done it once so it can be for nostalgia.

Not many of you know me and it's likely the ones that do have left. I was a member of this club and I still remember when it was updated from the old one. Unfortunately I was blocked during it's creation and I never got to post on the front page. Which was really annoying.

Last year I left this club. I cannot conjure a valid reason or find logic behind it. It was a very regrettable decision.

But I would like to re-apply to this club. I found it enjoyable chatting with it's members and doing my part. I don't know how I could contribute but I'd meet that bridge when I came to it.

If you guys will have me back I would be honoured to bear the badge once more (and having the PD linked in my sig gave me a homely feeling and a ego boost)

I passed the Preliminary and Apprenticeship (just barely) the first time, so I'm confident in passing it with flying colours and I know what is expected of me. Which will most likely give me an unfair advantage compared to a young pup.

Tails, last year I gave you my Badge. I'm only hoping you kept it in your dusty drawer. I don't know if I want my blam gun back, but keep it safe for me.

Stay in touch.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 22:23:40

At 3/26/09 09:55 PM, Brick-top wrote: i exist

i can't say that i know who you are, but i think that unless you did something really crappy before you left, tails would be glad to have you back. good luck!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 22:29:45

sorry for the double post but,

it actually passed. come on man.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 22:32:43

Ahhhh Brick it's so wonderful to see you here once more; it certainly has been a long time since we've last met! However, you must know that resignations are permanent to avoid attention whoring. On the other hand I do think well of you, so I'm willing to bypass that policy if you can promise a solid commitment to this crew like the olden days - and no more resignations :)

Whaddaya say?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 22:59:16

At 3/26/09 10:32 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Ahhhh Brick it's so wonderful to see you here once more; it certainly has been a long time since we've last met! However, you must know that resignations are permanent to avoid attention whoring. On the other hand I do think well of you, so I'm willing to bypass that policy if you can promise a solid commitment to this crew like the olden days - and no more resignations :)

Whaddaya say?

I say we give em the paddle first.

Yea I can't believe that passed. Not enough people going around the NGPD and the EGB, cause I posted it on their thread too.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 23:14:15

i pm'd wade with it. hope he eventually gets around to it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 23:34:30

At 3/26/09 08:54 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 8691
This is from novel games, stolen like all of this author's other submissions.

http://www.novelgames.com/flashgames/gam e.php?id=6

Damn, I really wanted to blow the whistle on that one. I want my bronze whistle back.

To post or not to post, that's the question.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-26 23:35:00

At 3/26/09 10:59 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 3/26/09 10:32 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Whaddaya say?
I say we give em the paddle first.

I second that. I'm sure he was a good member by looking at his previous posts here. But since he did leave, he should definitely have to go through what all the apprentices had to go through.
I'm thinking maybe a week trial and the "initiation," just like all the other apprentices had to go through. But its just a thought to make things fair.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 12:41:38

At 3/27/09 08:21 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Hey guys....Does him returning mean we can't get the banana's and lube out???

No, it's even more of a reason to get them out.

Oh oh, I smell PINEAPPLEASSRAPE. HAHAHAHA.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 13:26:31

At 3/26/09 09:04 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote

Google is your best friend to figure out whether something is stolen or not.

That's a good tip, but just because an animation or game exists elsewhere on the internet, it isn't necessarily stolen. Most Flash authors want to distribute their animations and games as far as they can to get themselves more exposure. You always need some extra evidence that it is, in fact, stolen. I won't find the exact page, but quite a while ago I posted a list of things to look out for in Flashes for if they're stolen. If you want to look at the posts from around February, then you should find that list.

At 3/26/09 09:55 PM, Brick-top wrote: Greetings to all members of the Newgrounds police department. *salutes* I don't know if veterans are allowed or if you guys still do that, but hey, I've only done it once so it can be for nostalgia.

It's good to see you here. I'm MwMike, the current Unit-Ops, by the way. Oh, and make sure you've read Tails' message.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 17:34:50

At 3/26/09 10:32 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Whaddaya say?

I most certainly promise those conditions. I wont resign from my position after realising what a regrettable decision it has become. I don't think I was as active as others in the old days but then again I was spending the majority of my time keeping the old club alive.

I have noticed a few people have protested the bypass and I feel their opinion should be taken into consideration so everyone is happy. I wouldn't wish other people's opinions to go unnoticed in a collective group of people with the same goals.

I decided to do some research about my previous membership just for some fun.

Official membership: 3/25/07
Accepted by: The Thing.

Resignation: 4/3/08
Accepted by: Tails power

Reenlisting: ????

It was hard working finding these numbers, but it was well worth it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 17:43:09

i for one don't mind seeing you back brick-top, welcome.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 17:51:05

Well then Brick I guess there's nothing left for me to do but add you back on to the roster! Welcome back to the clan :)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 18:16:59

At 3/27/09 05:51 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Well then Brick I guess there's nothing left for me to do but add you back on to the roster! Welcome back to the clan :)

Thank you. Almost exactly 2 years ago I applied to this club. I never noticed until I checked when I was accepted the first time.

There's nothing left for me to do but to link the NGPD and be a contributing member of the club......

....I've got my work cut out for me lol.

It's a very good feeling to bear the badge of the NGPD.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 19:03:09

I did a quick calculation today and I found out that if I had out in my experience points everyday since I've been signed up I would be level 49. 0_0
Can't imagine how many b/p points I would have, but if you go at my current rate of about 10 per day that close to 30000 b/p points.

Sadly I haven't done that.

HAHA

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 19:17:07

At 3/27/09 07:03 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: stuff

luckily i would only be level 8. did you use newgrounds log?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 19:26:57

At 3/27/09 07:03 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: HAHA

It's insane if you would be voting on flash every single day since your sign up date.

You might be able to catch up if you're worth millions and have all the time in the world.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-27 20:11:54

At 3/27/09 07:48 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/27/09 06:16 PM, Brick-top wrote: It's a very good feeling to bear the badge of the NGPD.
Welcome back Brick!

Thanks. I never thought people would be so interested.

I'm Lizzardis Police captain still a n00b her, however I have made myself accustom to the user around me. I'm sure you will do the same.

Hi lizzardis, I'd hardly call you a noob. You outrank me by badge and whistle. You're also a member of the NGDD and the NG Mafia.

I wasn't an member for very long nor joined early, but I've been reading the posts made recently. Not much has changed. I'd like to see MrCrawford make more of an appearance.

I've just realised how I know you....You posted on the same page I signed up!

This is turning into a huge coincidence.

You're a member of a mobster club and my name was derived from a mobster movie.