34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 17:25:24 Reply

At 4/8/11 04:10 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 4/8/11 02:47 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 4/8/11 12:07 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Gah! Those sneaky scores always get me. I always presume that the admins will always take weeks when deleting a submission.
Yea I still don't understand why sometimes it takes forever. I think maybe Wade just gets in the mood for it every couple of week and has a deletion fest or something.

Looks like you guys have been having fun this week. Glad you finally decided to get someone to replace me as Unit-Ops, I think you need the extra hand here.

I miss you gaize! If this place shuts down, I'm sure more than a few of you will be welcome in the old men's club!
OMG GUIZ SPIFFY'S HERE!

*passes out*

Hey there Private! It's been a long time since we've seen you're face around here. Are you going to hang around for awhile?

Hell yeah spiff where have you been? Some Marine stuff maybe or real life?

Also, guys It looks like I've got a weekend to myself, so I'll be doing some decent service to the portal. Maybe get a bit more than just 11 points in.

Me too. I actually feel like cranking out a few B/P over break. Maybe over 100? That will make me very happy.
'Course, I'd get more from blams if people didn'tg keep 5ing everything that comes in. >.>
5ing isn't new but I noticed since I came back to NG(I haven't came here in weeks) I have been more umm "cold" with my voting. Not so many 4 anymore. Hell in fact I actually blame more. Maybe now I notice more shitty quality then before.

Anyway, nice to see you around here again Spiffy!
*salute*

Yeah nice to see Spiffy back and you to Wiz.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 17:55:17 Reply

At 4/8/11 05:25 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 4/8/11 04:10 PM, Gamewiz wrote:

Hey there Private! It's been a long time since we've seen you're face around here. Are you going to hang around for awhile?

Also, guys It looks like I've got a weekend to myself, so I'll be doing some decent service to the portal. Maybe get a bit more than just 11 points in.
Me too. I actually feel like cranking out a few B/P over break. Maybe over 100? That will make me very happy.

'Course, I'd get more from blams if people didn'tg keep 5ing everything that comes in. >.>
5ing isn't new but I noticed since I came back to NG(I haven't came here in weeks) I have been more umm "cold" with my voting. Not so many 4 anymore. Hell in fact I actually blame more. Maybe now I notice more shitty quality then before.

I've been doing that too, I mean, it's still fair voting, I'm not trying to blam everything or being overly strict (Like everything has to be like Tarboy to get in) but I have been far more strict with my voting.

*salute*

I've been around :P But it's good to see you back here.

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 19:01:55 Reply

At 4/8/11 04:10 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Hey there Private! It's been a long time since we've seen you're face around here. Are you going to hang around for awhile?

We'll see, I'm down to my last term of my bachelor's degree, and I only have school on Tue and Thu, so lots of free time. Plus, I'm finally getting internet at my house! Which I haven't had in almost a year. I've been relying on my dandy Droid X for shotty internet service through mobile hotspot. Maybe I'll get motivated to b/p some more.

Also, guys It looks like I've got a weekend to myself, so I'll be doing some decent service to the portal. Maybe get a bit more than just 11 points in. 'Course, I'd get more from blams if people didn't keep 5ing everything that comes in. >.>

Well, you know with enough of us around voting fairly unlike everyone else, maybe we'll eventually turn the tide. I like to see it as a long winding battle. Slowly we shall come out on top.

*salute*

Err! *salute*

At 4/8/11 05:25 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
OMG GUIZ SPIFFY'S HERE!
*passes out*

Let me get you some water there Deadman!

Just RL. School and girl and other non-descript drama. Makes my motivation to get on here very low sometimes lol. Just better things to do you know as much as I love this place.

Make sure they aren't all saves! That'd be too easy lol

Thing is the more you view stuff, especially quality stuff, the more you realize a lot of stuff is crap. I always think in my head, what's the best stuff NG has to offer. I give those flashes and equivalent 5s. That's the only thing I think deserves a five in my mind. Then I go down from there. If I think a flash is pretty crappy, but I know the author has put some effort into it and is trying, I'll give it a two. If it's what most spam is i.e. some really crappy drawn repeating annoying crap, I'll give it a zero. If it's sprites that just move around no animation I'll give it a zero. If it's stick figures that look really crappy, it's a zero. Basically, if I could do it myself in about 30 minutes with a tutorial, it gets the can in my mind.

*salute*
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 19:57:58 Reply

At 4/8/11 02:47 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea I still don't understand why sometimes it takes forever. I think maybe Wade just gets in the mood for it every couple of week and has a deletion fest or something.

Maybe he just has huge backlogs every so often due to the sheer amount of alerts/spam that must be sent to him? I've seen it take weeks for an obvious passed stolen flash to be deleted, but Wade purged my B/P for me in less than a day.

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 22:08:28 Reply

Hey Spiffy! Glad to see you back around these parts again! Boy did we miss you man, this place just ain't the same when you're not around.

Also Slash???? Man, talk about some old faces - where've you been all this time? And JUST WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR B/P?!?!!?

:O

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 22:31:40 Reply

At 4/8/11 10:08 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Also Slash???? Man, talk about some old faces - where've you been all this time? And JUST WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR B/P?!?!!?

I've been around. Actually been active on the site for a while now, mostly on the BBS. Now I'm back to B/P'ing, though not the full-day runs I used to do.

As for what happened to my B/P, a few days ago I asked Wade to reset it to zero and he obliged. There were several reasons that I did this---the main reason was as a protest against the absurd levels of save-whoring going on in the Portal. I also did it to purge myself of any and all past mistakes I made in gaining those points---while I was never a mass-voter on par with many of today's faster people, I did enough of it throughout the years to make me uncomfortable. Now I'll be slowly regaining my Supreme Commander status and I'll be doing it 100% cleanly.

I greatly hope that people who don't stop mass voting start losing THEIR points---whether they like it or not. Some of the people on the top 300 list are absolutely ridiculous.

It'll take me a long time to reach Supreme Commander again---I don't have the time for 18 hour B/P runs anymore, plus the Portal is a lot slower than it was a few years ago and I'm missing a lot of points since I refuse to save-whore---but that's okay. It might even be enjoyable.

I have no regrets.

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 22:32:04 Reply

At 4/8/11 10:08 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Also Slash???? Man, talk about some old faces - where've you been all this time? And JUST WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR B/P?!?!!?

The whole explanation is here. I expect every single one of you to fork over some serious respect points to ol' Slash here after reading that.

Now make with the reading. And the forking.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 22:46:47 Reply

Wow... Slash that's an incredible show of resolve. I support you all the way and I respect you for your integrity. If you're at all interested, we'd be more than happy to allow you in our number when you get the right badge - which shouldn't take that long haha.

I wish you all the best with this path you've chosen.
*Salute*

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 22:50:11 Reply

At 4/8/11 10:31 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: It'll take me a long time to reach Supreme Commander again---I don't have the time for 18 hour B/P runs anymore, plus the Portal is a lot slower than it was a few years ago and I'm missing a lot of points since I refuse to save-whore---but that's okay. It might even be enjoyable.

I have no regrets.

I'm sure many users have already told you this already, but that is pretty commendable man. I mean tons of people just blindly stat-whore for days just to reach the rank of Supreme Commander, hopefully what you did will serve as an example to future users that "it doesn't matter if you reach Supreme Commander, if you have regrets about how you earned the points." Sadly though with the portal's current state Blam points are much harder to come by, but are well worth trying for (if the flash is truly lousy).

On the Bright side: This does mean you are eligible to join/rejoin the NGPD once you hit police officer lol (that would be awesome/hilarious).

*salutes*

Mike out
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 23:15:09 Reply

Stolen Flash Alert!

• Dynamit
    Dynamit by SEGA666

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Original Link: http://www.htfgamez.com/games/dynamit.ht m

True Author: MondoMedia Copyrighted

Breakdown: Awesome Job dude! Congratulations on stealing something from one of the internet's most famous series. "Dynamite was the first Happy Tree Friends Game. It was presented on NBS and spread far in the web"- quote taken from MondoMedia site.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-08 23:47:57 Reply

At 4/8/11 11:15 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Stolen Flash Alert!

Yeah, that one was pretty blatant. I didn't really think much of it being stolen at first; I assumed that it was one of those accounts that belongs to the company that makes that stuff. After a bit of lurking around the portal, I returned to that flash and realized that Happy Tree Friends doesn't have an NG account, so I checked here, and sure enough you spotted it, Mike.

Good find, man.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 01:13:26 Reply

It passed

Screaming profanity as I am typing this

I am guessing you are going to PM Wade about this one right?

Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 01:25:42 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:13 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
It passed

Screaming profanity as I am typing this
I am guessing you are going to PM Wade about this one right?

(sigh) Yeah this is quite the downer, I've already sent Wade a pm. So hopefully this matter will be rectified : /

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 01:43:04 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:25 AM, BigMike47 wrote: (sigh) Yeah this is quite the downer, I've already sent Wade a pm. So hopefully this matter will be rectified : /

We all get whistle points if Wade deletes the flash, correct?

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 01:56:27 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:43 AM, Sectus wrote:
At 4/9/11 01:25 AM, BigMike47 wrote: (sigh) Yeah this is quite the downer, I've already sent Wade a pm. So hopefully this matter will be rectified : /

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you do get points if it gets deleted. In any case, you can't lose whistle points out of this situation which is reassuring. But it may take time for the admins to see the PM, if they do at all.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 03:42:13 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:56 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 4/9/11 01:43 AM, Sectus wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you do get points if it gets deleted. In any case, you can't lose whistle points out of this situation which is reassuring. But it may take time for the admins to see the PM, if they do at all.

Last I checked you only get whistle points if the flash get marked then Deleted. However, on the part of not losing whistle points if it doesn't get marked is on the nose.

On the PM thing as you may remember that the Admins PM box gets filled with so many PM that they may not go through them all. As a result then may delete them without checking sometimes.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 06:28:21 Reply

Hey guys, I've been working again, final period at the school has begun, makes me happy because no more sitting in the classes and I can go all "no life" with NG and some games, WOHOOOO !!!

Just one problem, I got to get a job for summer ._.

BBS Signature
RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 07:46:03 Reply

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and suggest that as allies in the fight to keep the Portal in good health, that you may wish to weigh in on discussions in this thread. I'm sure the likes of Tails who's seen much over the years will have plenty to say, and who knows, maybe if the discussion is fuelled for long enough people might start taking notice.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 08:09:42 Reply

Hello NGPD members :).

Just popin' in to see how you are all doin'. Its been a while since I posted in this thread, about a month I think and I miss y'all. Hope you're all ok and I'll try to post in here more often when I get my laptop sorted out.

Keep on keeping the portal stolen flash free.

FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 08:47:13 Reply

Old faces returning all the time and at the most random of times too. Haven't seen Slash around in a while but amazed at his decision but support it 100%.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 09:27:07 Reply

Yeah, it's always nice to see an old friend return to the group. Also, I've been promoted to Luitenant, guys! Hooray!

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 12:14:52 Reply

At 4/9/11 09:27 AM, Sectus wrote: I've been promoted to Luitenant, guys! Hooray!

Congrats Sectus, I remember when I got that badge. I'm slowly getting closer to the Private First Class badge but at this rate it'll be a while before I get it.

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 12:40:34 Reply

At 4/9/11 07:46 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and suggest that as allies in the fight to keep the Portal in good health, that you may wish to weigh in on discussions in this thread. I'm sure the likes of Tails who's seen much over the years will have plenty to say, and who knows, maybe if the discussion is fuelled for long enough people might start taking notice.

I'll be sure to get myself into that discussion, maybe we can keep it fueled for long enough with good enough points to (FINALLY) get some real voting from all of the general NG population. Of course, I might be dreaming a bit much, but hey, even if we influence only a few people, it's completely worth it.

Even though I've only (really) been around for about a year, I'll add my opinion in.

At 4/9/11 08:09 AM, Decky wrote: Hello NGPD members :).

Just popin' in to see how you are all doin'. Its been a while since I posted in this thread, about a month I think and I miss y'all. Hope you're all ok and I'll try to post in here more often when I get my laptop sorted out.

Keep on keeping the portal stolen flash free.

Hey Decky! It's great to see you around here again. I hope that you get your laptop problems sorted out soon, I think we all know how much it sucks to want to be able to do something (In this case protect the portal and keep up with us) and not be able to (especially if it's due to technical problems.) Anyway like I said great to see you here again, and will you be hanging around here for awhile, or are you off to leave us for the big boys at the EGB? :P

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 13:51:57 Reply

At 4/9/11 12:40 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Hey Decky! It's great to see you around here again. I hope that you get your laptop problems sorted out soon, I think we all know how much it sucks to want to be able to do something (In this case protect the portal and keep up with us) and not be able to (especially if it's due to technical problems.)

I will be buying a new laptop probibly sometime in July until then I am stuck using my friends whenever I can (probibly about once every two weeks or so).

Anyway like I said great to see you here again, and will you be hanging around here for awhile, or are you off to leave us for the big boys at the EGB? :P

Good to hear from you too Gamewiz :), I am now a member of the EGB and am trying to post there as often as I can but due to my inability to get online at the moment it hard to get any posting done. I'll try and post here as often as I can too.

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 14:11:20 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:51 PM, Decky wrote:
At 4/9/11 12:40 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Stuff I said, refer to Decky's post if you want to see it.
I will be buying a new laptop probibly sometime in July until then I am stuck using my friends whenever I can (probibly about once every two weeks or so).

Ahh, I see. That sucks, but well, life happens right. It's good to know that you're trying to keep up with everything going on around here.

Refer to above.
Good to hear from you too Gamewiz :), I am now a member of the EGB and am trying to post there as often as I can but due to my inability to get online at the moment it hard to get any posting done. I'll try and post here as often as I can too.

Well, that good to know, have fun with the big boys, and when you get your new computer over the summer, I'm looking forward to seeing how you stack up against them on their roster.

Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 15:13:58 Reply

******STOLEN FLASH ALERT******

Stolen from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLtfhfDmF gU

The orginal is on youtube and was uploaded in August.

God, that was the easiest catch I've had in a LONG time.

Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 19:24:55 Reply

At 4/9/11 03:13 PM, Gamewiz wrote: ******STOLEN FLASH ALERT******
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 7009
Stolen from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLtfhfDmF gU

The orginal is on youtube and was uploaded in August.

God, that was the easiest catch I've had in a LONG time.

GRAHHHHHHH It got through. >.> I guess I'll have to go PM wade now...

*sigh*

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-09 19:30:19 Reply

Damn missed out on another one. I really need to have some kind of internet everywhere I go to be able to catch those in time lol. But have been pretty busy today and yet still have had no sleep for like the past two days but am not tired at all strangely enough.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-10 11:05:20 Reply

Hey guys, hope everyone has been doing rather well for themselves over the weekend! I see we've had a couple of visitors, surprising ones at that. :)

Thanks for your support, Spiffy. Though I wasn't around when you were an NGPD member, I've read through things on the PF that you were involved in. You're a good man, awesome work too. :)

It'll be really awesome to get Slash as a member in here for a bit! I was more than surprised to see the events that Slash was involved in, and I have to say I really admire your resolve. I don't think there's a lot of people on the site period that would ever consider doing what you decided to do. Rest assured, we support you all the way and I'm looking forward to when you come to join us for a while. ;)

That's all from me for now, have a longer work shift looming soon and won't be back until around 9pm eastern tonight. I'll be around to make the rounds and to see what's up then, so for now Prower out! *salute*

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-04-10 19:02:33 Reply

At 4/9/11 01:56 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you do get points if it gets deleted. In any case, you can't lose whistle points out of this situation which is reassuring. But it may take time for the admins to see the PM, if they do at all.

I would like to correct myself:

As far as I know, flagging a movie that passes, and then having it deleted by an admin will not necessarily earn you whistle points. However, if you cast a blam vote against the offending submission, it passes, and finally gets deleted by the admin, THEN you're awarded points - but not whistle points.

Sorry for the confusion.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature