TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 3/20/11 09:10 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote: Do people even play these flashes before protecting them?

Sadly, a lot of people don't. They are so concerned about their own stats that they blindly vote 5 or 0 on whatever they think (and I use that term lightly) will pass or get blammed. It's people like them who are ruining the Portal moreso than the actual thieves because the success and quality of this whole system relies on the honesty and fairness of the user base.

Fucking statwhores.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 03:31 PM Reply

Stolen Flash Alert!!

Original Link: http://www.greetingshow.com/arcade/index .php?action=playgame&gameid=615

True Author: Mike Dogan, 2001

Breakdown: This game was created many years ago and is property of Mike Dogan's website
X-Pressive.com

PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 3/20/11 03:31 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Stolen Flash Alert!!

Man, am I glad I came to check out stuff at this moment in time! Hopefully it doesn't pass on through, otherwise someone is going to have to PM Wade about it. :/ Let's just hope it doesn't come down to that.

As far as the voting goes, Tails pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's sad to see that the portal has pretty much gotten that way, but at least some people with a little humility and common sense can attempt to right the wrongs in there. That's why it's always nice to get some new recruits, so our methods and teachings can be passed on to them. :)

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 04:22 PM Reply

Hey everyone!

Thanks to the generous contributions of some of our members and the KingLightning, we have finally created an awesome chat (meaning we've fixed alot of the bugs/problems that we encountered in our previous attempts).

The new chat is now "Password-Protected" (as to prevent trolls/unwelcome intruders), we have a few members acting as moderators to keep discussion productive, and it is looking sleek as ever B)

Of course all NGPD members and EGB members are welcome to chat, I have posted Chat Information (including the Password) on the Private Forum. Overall I am sure this chat will be a great place to report abuse and share the good times.

With that said, Enjoy my friends. Link: NGPD Central Communications

*Salutes*

P.S. Don't worry nobody bites....hard ;)
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Why does no one ever consult the Commissioner about these things? Everyone goes about implementing their own things willy nilly as if there's no procedure involved. I might as well retire seeing as all of you seem so independent.

BBS Signature
zachdamacman
zachdamacman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 06:20 PM Reply

Hey guys, I'm on. Apparently, fixing my room up didn't take as long as expected, so I'm back.

TEHNON BBS: Need a break from the NG forums? «YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK ON IT.
The NGPD: To Blam And Protect!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 20th, 2011 @ 07:35 PM Reply

NGPD Roster as of Mar 11, 2011:

Good evening to the NGPD!

For those who mentioned that ILBC did not appear on last weeks roster as a "Rank gainer", that's because the roster had already been "locked in" before he gained the level. Now he's on it this week because the roster saw him leveling up on a brand new roster! :D

Anyway, how are we all? I hope we are doing well. I've seen the new chat link and have bobbed in myself a few times over the course of this week. It's alright actually... Quiet... But alright. I agree with tails though guys... Get him involved yeah?

That's like making a whole new section of a business and not informing the owner of it. It doesn't really work does it? Share your ideas and express them. Most of all, how about just ask first? Maybe that would be nice.

Anyway, this is a short roster as Lizz needs some well earned sleep! Haha.

Enjoy!

Milestones::
ilikeblamingcrap - 2K total B/P

Promotions::
ilikeblamingcrap - Police Captain

Entering The List::
No new members this month.

Leaving the NGPD::
No members retired this week.

The List:
No. B/P / Gain / Average / Change / Username

01) 02,222 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Spartan204 Police Captain
02) 02,219 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | TailsPrower Police Captain
03) 02,119 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Mans0n Police Captain
04) 02,034 | 0,011 | 01.83 | --079.63 | wallrus Police Captain +1
05) 02,024 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Ninja-Without-Sight Police Captain -1
06) 02,000 | 0,011 | 01.83 | --085.33 | ilikeblamingcrap Police Captain
07) 01,942 | 0,073 | 12.17 | +000.00 | Figter Police Lieutenant
08) 01,752 | 0,005 | 00.83 | +400.00 | 34Deadman Police Lieutenant
09) 01,731 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | MrAngel Police Lieutenant
10) 01,728 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Gamewiz Police Lieutenant
11) 01,534 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Kaizerwolf Police Lieutenant
12) 01,468 | 0,000 | 00.00 | --100.00 | HollowedPumkinz Police Sergeant
13) 01,419 | 0,209 | 34.83 | +039.33 | BigMike47 Police Sergeant +1
14) 01,307 | 0,062 | 10.33 | +140.00 | Sectus Police Sergeant -1
15) 01,190 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | JonnyTheWinnar Police Sergeant
16) 01,084 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Calintz Police Sergeant
17) 01,066 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | wcatdoor Police Sergeant
18) 01,030 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | JohnEndel959 Police Sergeant
19) 00,874 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | ToiletPaper Police Officer
20) 00,799 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | MiLink Police Officer

Top 5 Gainers::
BigMike47 - 209
Figter - 73
Sectus - 62
wallrus - 11
ilikeblamingcrap - 11

Top gainers, repeat appearances::
wallrus (5)
BigMike47 (4)
ilikeblamingcrap (3)
Sectus (2)

Total gain for week: 371

That's 61.83 per day, or 3.09 per day per member.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 12:13 AM Reply

Updated and documented in the HQ site! Thanks for yet another awesome roster, Liz! But one thing I should point out is that PowerPrower has been an official member for a while now and he has yet to appear on our rosters. Could you add him in for the next roster? He's listed as #13 on the member list.

Also, congrats to ILBC for his promotion to Police Captain and to those who ranked in the top 5 this week, although I'd like to see you guys give Mike a littke more competition! :)

All in all, a fair week I'd say. Keep it up men!

*salute*

BBS Signature
Figter
Figter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 3/20/11 07:35 PM, Lizzardis wrote: NGPD Roster as of Mar 11, 2011:
Top 5 Gainers::
BigMike47 - 209
Figter- 73
Sectus - 62
wallrus - 11
ilikeblamingcrap - 11

woho! im rising up!

Some signature thingy here!
Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3
Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature
zachdamacman
zachdamacman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 03:04 PM Reply

Wow Mike, 209?! You're a flash portal machine.

TEHNON BBS: Need a break from the NG forums? «YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK ON IT.
The NGPD: To Blam And Protect!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 03:04 PM, zachdamacman wrote: Wow Mike, 209?! You're a flash portal machine.

So was Rory until he got discharged. Mike man, you don't want to leave us this soon do you? And great roser Lizz, I'm glad I'm glad my rank is fix'd.

Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 03:04 PM, zachdamacman wrote: Wow Mike, 209?! You're a flash portal machine.

Haha, nah dude just check out the numbers from the EGB's top Bpers lol. If I'm a machine, then they are monsters on streroids O-o. Also congrats to ILBC on the promotion/milestone achievement, Nice dude!
Hopefully as I get closer to May term I will have some more free time to show you guys what I really can do :D (oh and thanks for the roster Lizz).

Btw even if I do level out I will always still <3 you guys, except Tails.........no, I'll give Tails some lovin :P
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 04:30 PM Reply

Hey guys, just not getting the rounds in. I ended up getting a migraine earlier today around noon or so, so have been out of commission now due to it. I haven't managed to get any in a long time, then suddenly got smacked upside the brain with it. For now I'm good though, but won't be near a PC screen for too long, frankly. x.x

Nice job to ILBC for his ranking up and Mike for being awesome at B/P'ing. Hopefully you guys can continue the good work, while I soak up the sun outside through this window since actually going outside might end up causing the migraine to return. -_-

Stupid things...

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
KingLightning123
KingLightning123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 07:58 PM Reply

Hey everybody I finally got 50 posts. Who the hell would have thought that would be the hardest part of joining?

Anyway I want to submit an application to join this club. Just so we're clear, I'm NGRE (NGReviewEater) from the Ustream chat (the one who's almost-always on and helped revamp the chat). I'm eager to see if my hard work as to reaching 50 posts will pass or fail the inspection.

Thanks for considering me to become a part of the force!

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 12:13 AM, TailsPrower wrote: But one thing I should point out is that PowerPrower has been an official member for a while now and he has yet to appear on our rosters. Could you add him in for the next roster? He's listed as #13 on the member list.

Done.

Thanks for reminding me Tails. I don't know how he slipped through the net. That shouldn't happen again. If anyone notices such a thing again before anyone else, or sees a problem with the roster, with PM me or voice it in here? Even though I'm not as active, or "talkative" as I once was, I still lurk and stalk all of your arse's!

Lizz is always watching!

Thanks again for that Tails.

I hope you are all well, keep fighting the good fight. You're doing amazing. <3

PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 07:58 PM, KingLightning123 wrote: Thanks for considering me to become a part of the force!

As I've already said before, I think you should do just fine here. I don't need to really rehash anything with you, since you know how I already feel. :p

Good luck, sir!

At 3/21/11 08:02 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Thanks for reminding me Tails. I don't know how he slipped through the net.

Sometimes I'm awesome like that. :) I did mention before how I wasn't on it, but didn't go all out to be persistent in reminding anyone. That's probably my bad, really. Thanks for adding me to the roster list, Liz, greatly appreciated. :D

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 08:20 PM Reply

I think I had a pretty fair week. I didn't really expect to have that few B/P's for my set rate, but I suppose 3rd highest isn't really bad, considering I've been on a little vacation from newgrounds for about a month and a half. As for the rest of you, good job, I had hoped that this week's roster would be much better than the lasts. I am still slightly irritated at the fact that we had whistled a bunch of stolen flashes and they didn't even get put under review.

I had recommended the idea of having a Portal Moderator that could delete stolen flashes that had possibly slipped past unnoticed and gotten approved. Maybe I am just expression a little too much hatred towards the system, though. Anyway, all in all good week, and I hope next week I will get 2nd or maybe even 1st place on the B/P gains list.

Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 08:25 PM Reply

Sorry for the absence lately, guys, had an awesome spring break and forgot aaaaallll about the Interwebs. But I'm back to business as usual now, though, don't worry. :3

At 3/21/11 07:58 PM, KingLightning123 wrote: Hey everybody I finally got 50 posts. Who the hell would have thought that would be the hardest part of joining?

Post Count/Quality: You're right, you do have the necessary fifty posts and the quality of them's fantastic; you contribute to conversations very well and it seems usually in multiple paragraphs. So, you're good to go in this department.

Rank: Fine, not a whole lot to say about it as it's just rank.

Overall, I think this guy's fine for the next step of inspection; seems like he'd be a great addition.

Also, feels preeetty damn good to be at the top of the roster even though I know it's because I'm a lazy asshole haha.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 08:25 PM, Spartan204 wrote: Sorry for the absence lately, guys, had an awesome spring break and forgot aaaaallll about the Interwebs. But I'm back to business as usual now, though, don't worry. :3

OMFG IT'S SPARTAN! Nice to see you pal! I'm glad to hear about spring break. Can't wait to see you around!

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 10:16 PM Reply

Wow Mike, that's insane, is that 207 in a week? I need to seriously step up my game if I'm ever going to compete with you guys!

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 10:16 PM, SnoopyChicken wrote: Wow Mike, that's insane, is that 207 in a week? I need to seriously step up my game if I'm ever going to compete with you guys!

I must say that isn't really insane for Bping in a week. In fact I myself have done better (not to put down mike is doing well) But that comes with a terrority. At the rate Mike is going I think he mightt be ing the EGB in less then a month.

But to be honest with this club it is kind of heart to be a B/P monster and stay here for very long. I say this because once you hit 2500 B/P you are an Elite guard private and the highest rank you can be in the club is a police officer. But on a positive note at least you can stay here longer then it would have been if you joined before the redesigned since back then it would have been 1,500 before you became an Elite guard private.

Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 21st, 2011 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 10:49 PM, LittleWashu wrote: But to be honest with this club it is kind of heart to be a B/P monster and stay here for very long. I say this because once you hit 2500 B/P you are an Elite guard private and the highest rank you can be in the club is a police officer. But on a positive note at least you can stay here longer then it would have been if you joined before the redesigned since back then it would have been 1,500 before you became an Elite guard private.

Haha wow, it seems everyone is sensing my oncoming departure from the NGPD D: Though I may try to pull a fast one (almost impossible one, I should say) and stop at Bping at 2,499 B/P points (luckily I'm good at math :P), so perhaps I can succeed where others have failed. If not I'll just retire and live out my twilight years in a cozy little place called Zihuatanejo.

A place where PowerPrower could never find me : )

Shit! Red better remember to bring me mah money though... (Shawshank Redemption reference)
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:22 AM Reply

Ranking out is pleasant.... I don't see why anyone besides Tails would stop B/Ping.

Myself, I stopped at 2499 for a few days so I could be on the roster ONE LAST TIME, then I ranked out the next week. I love the NGPD rosters. I still look at every one of them, even though I've been off of them for some time.

The EGB was waiting with open arms, and I was assimil-- accepted.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 3/21/11 11:16 PM, BigMike47 wrote: A place where PowerPrower could never find me : )

But...BUT I just crawled through a river of excrement to escape. D: Now you're in a place where you don't want me to find you?

Shit! Red better remember to bring me mah money though... (Shawshank Redemption reference)

After doing said above statement.,.no, the money is mine, all mine! >:)

At 3/22/11 02:22 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Ranking out is pleasant.... I don't see why anyone besides Tails would stop B/Ping.

Personally, I know people are more than welcomed to come back to post and everything. So that's cool, but the EGB is a pretty competitive group. They B/P like machines from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that. For me though, sometimes I just like to get time to do other things besides roaming around on NG. Dunno if I'll rank out straight away, but yeah, I'll have to get used to stuff in the EGB when that happens.

The EGB was waiting with open arms, and I was assimil-- accepted.

Your comment so reminded me of the movie The Thing. :) That was one moment where Wiford Brimley didn't want to talk to you about diabeetus.

One of my best friend's is going to swing by to hang for a bit today, since we haven't even done anything since last year sometime. Been too long in my opinion, so we have a lot to catch up on.

What better way for two nerds to spend the day than to (first thing) attempt to beat Dragon's Lair! I've always wanted to play it, so now I finally have it on my PS3 for lulz. I laughed quite a bit at it last night, mainly since Dirk makes a lot of girly screams and noises when stuff happens. Other than that, be on later myself via the chat if anyone is around.

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 3/20/11 04:39 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Why does no one ever consult the Commissioner about these things? Everyone goes about implementing their own things willy nilly as if there's no procedure involved. I might as well retire seeing as all of you seem so independent.

What would be the fun in that Tails? One reason that you come here is to evaluate new members. If any new ones come>.>. Anyway what I miss?

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:05 PM Reply

Stolen Flash alert!!!!

Original Link: http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/cheer-
up-the-chatbot/

True Author: Serious Sandbox LLC (Copyrighted guys); property of RRRRThat's5Rs.com 2006

Breakdown: This is a seriously old flash from like 2006, and the thief is claiming it's his first game.......
Yeah Im not buying what he's selling, this theft is pretty obvious guys.

Btw somebody better buy me a cake for my 100th stolen flash found :P
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:17 PM Reply

Stolen Flash Alert!!

• Moon master
    Moon master by Eddsworldisthebest

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

Link: http://fohf.deviantart.com/art/Moon-Mast er-Game-18735635

True Author: fohf made in 2005

Breakdown: This is stolen from Deviantart, and it's the same guy who stole the last flash (where are the Prower Twins when you need them?).

Begins work on the Prower signal
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 3/22/11 10:17 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Begins work on the Prower signal

Well, I flagged them but apparently not enough whistles to do anything about either of them yet. Perhaps take this into the EGB as well so we have some better luck with it getting pulled? o.O

I like this signal idea....MAKE IT SO!

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 3/22/11 10:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote:
At 3/22/11 10:17 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Begins work on the Prower signal
Well, I flagged them but apparently not enough whistles to do anything about either of them yet. Perhaps take this into the EGB as well so we have some better luck with it getting pulled? o.O

I like this signal idea....MAKE IT SO!

Good news it has been marked for review now so the signal worked. Oh and don't forget some of the EGB as well as former members look into this thread as well as some mods I know in high places.

PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. Mar. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 3/23/11 11:09 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Oh and don't forget some of the EGB as well as former members look into this thread as well as some mods I know in high places.

I figured as much, being we've had people come in submitting stolen flash alerts themselves that weren't affiliated with the NGPD at least. Nice to know that some people actually lurk around in here, helping out from the shadows whenever we least expect it.

Maybe we should build a signal for them when the time arises...

They're like Batman...

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature