00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

989,153 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-20 21:46:59

In the NGPD, not exactly kid. You need to have at least 400 B/P Portal Security rank and have 50+ good BBS posts. Mostly that can pertain relevant information to the topic at hand. If you know how to do flash, then work on an animation, if got music mixing software, do that. But until your posts show some thought and time being put forth and you reaching Portal Security rank, there's not a lot we can do.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 03:57:48

At 5/20/09 07:51 PM, Porkchop wrote:
At 5/20/09 06:52 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: I see we are all having good fun around here now. But how is everybody?
DID YOU SAY "FUN"???
DID YOU SAY FUN????
FUCK! QUICK, GUYS (and chicks)
EVERYONE HIDE, MODS ARE COMING!

I'm fine, personally. Just writing a bit, listening to the Halo 3 soundtrack, etc. Generally goofing off.

I was hiding, thanks for the false alarm Porkchop.

No, it was just a two day ban.

It drove me so insane that I managed to only get one blam point. Seriously it's been really difficult for me to get blam points lately, I don't know if it just depends on the time of the day, but I vote zero on some crappy flashes and they pass or there just isn't any crappy flashes to blam.

Yes I know I'm obssessed with keeping up that 2 Blams to 1 Protect point ratio. Whatever I'm a statwhore, as you can tell by my medal count.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 12:52:56

At 5/21/09 10:54 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Thats just my opinion though and is no need for an all our flame war.

It's a fair opinion. The only time I notice anything about B/P ratios is when I find someone with 10 times as many protect points as blam points. It just makes them look like a mindless 5 voter (especially if there's thousands of protects in their B/P count). Other than that, it doesn't really bother me. I used to have more saves than blams, then it changed to the other way round and now it's looking like it's going back the way it was. Meh.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 12:55:42

Yea, I mean look at my blams which number 702 and my saves number 1749, which is 1047 more than my blams. So I haven't/do not/nor plan to keep a specific B/P ratio. I just take it one submission at a time my friend, one submission at a time.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 13:01:18

I'm reading a book called "50 ways to better life"

I thought it'd be something like "Don't leave your TV on standby and in 90 years you'll save enough money for a gun to shoot yourself with"

But actually it's nothing like that. It talks about how you live your life, how living it can effect others, societies, the world etc. Most of it I already know but it's very insightful and interesting.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 13:10:32

At 5/21/09 10:54 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 5/21/09 03:57 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Whatever I'm a statwhore, as you can tell by my medal count.
I see the tables have turned then. Instead of calling me a statwhore, your calling yourself. Nice one!

I know, huh!

I still don't understand why people keep a certain ratio to their B/P's, why do you do that? I mean, you don't get anything extra for keeping a certain ratio, in fact, it makes your life much harder because you constantly have to check your B/P and only B/P a certain amount of flashes....
Thats just my opinion though and is no need for an all our flame war.

I understand your point, but the way I see it is that I my opinion on what is deserving of a zero or a one is maybe something you would give a 2 or attempt to save. I think everybody tries to give 5s to get save points because save points are easier than blam points. If you look at the daily statistics there is about an equal ratio of blams and saves in the portal any given day, so I just counter balance someone like Slnt.

I can't remember who it is that has a huge number of blams and saves and just stopped at a number like 18000 and 15000 or something like that.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 13:41:15

At 5/21/09 01:36 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Thats not true either. Not 'everybody' does it, in fact, I don't know people that do it. Yes OK their B/P leans to one side like myself but, it doesn't mean that they always try to give 5's out here there and everywhere.

I say everybody, but I exagerate, I don't mean everyone, but I think there is a lot of people that do.

Hmmm, I can agree slightly. However, if you look at the entries which were blammed and how many were submitted from yesterday, you can clearly see that the majority of the B/P's were saved (Pic below).....Its not that people were 5'ing them, its just the same as the conversation over at the EGB....The amount of spam is decreasing, so people are not voting 0, and people are maturing so the flashes are getting better.

I know yesterday was not a good example day for me, and I mentioned something about it how i hadn't managed to get blams and that makes sense why now lol.
There's always newbies to make crappy flashes, and I know i've seen plenty of days where the ratio is about even.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 13:48:57

Isn't that just another Self-Help book?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 14:00:05

At 5/21/09 01:57 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I don't know....It seems that not a lot of flashes are appearing that are bad. I think we should just wait and see what happens. I hope the spammers/crappy flash artists do back off for a while. It would be nice.

I'm glad that the quality of flashes is augmenting, but spammers have always existed since the clock crew, and it will just keep on happening. There's always someone around to do it. Everyone is 12 or 13 once.

At 5/21/09 01:48 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Isn't that just another Self-Help book?
What is just another self-help book?

I think he was talking about the 50 days to a better life idea from someone else.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 14:15:09

At 5/21/09 02:00 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I'm glad that the quality of flashes is augmenting, but spammers have always existed since the clock crew, and it will just keep on happening. There's always someone around to do it. Everyone is 12 or 13 once.

True. Even Chris Beer seems to have fucked off for the time being, but he'll be back (as will the rest of them).

I'm liking the lack of stolen stuff for the past day or so. Ever since the whole 'Legend of Talos' thing (or whatever it was called) the portal's been pretty damn quiet.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 14:51:47

At 5/21/09 02:47 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Thats all good and well, I agree, but I need to get to Deity so I need those stolen flashes. xD

That's what butthurt reviewers are for. :P

Look around in the more obscure places on NG. There's loads that got missed when the flashes they're on went off the portal page.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 14:53:21

Exactly Spiffy, I was referring to the 50 ways for a batter life book. That sounds like a self0help book. I also agree with you Shiezen, the portal has been quiet. And sadly amongst the blammed today, was my simple 3.3 KB flash. MADE ENTIRELY IN FLASH, mind you. Oh well, easy come, easy go I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 15:00:45

Then again, isn't NewGrounds somewhat like a dumping site for crappy links?

I kid I kid.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 15:27:33

At 5/21/09 03:00 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Then again, isn't NewGrounds somewhat like a dumping site for crappy links?

Indeed.

Also, wasn't there already an argument over a kind of Rage's thread thing going on in the EGB? I forget why it got shut down, but I remember thinking it made sense to do so.

Failing that, I suppose we could tell each other where abusive reviews are via PMs, as it doesn't involve mindless randomers coming in and flagging stuff that isn't abusive.

Depends on the reason why the EGB one got closed, though. Lemme go read it again.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 16:35:33

Eh, that just continues to prove my point, anything we say even on the internet, is bound to piss off someone. It holds true in the real world as well.

sigh

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 16:59:12

Unfortunately, that is too damn correct.

has no clue how to continue with the rest of the post
the cake is a lie?
the cake is a pie? I don't know.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 17:17:58

At 5/21/09 01:10 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I can't remember who it is that has a huge number of blams and saves and just stopped at a number like 18000 and 15000 or something like that.

Could be wrong on this one,but you may be thinking of life, who in a feat of awesomeness will forever be at least joint lowest ranked EGSC if not the outright one, with 15,000 Blams and 15,000 Saves exactly.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 17:28:27

At 5/21/09 05:17 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 5/21/09 01:10 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I can't remember who it is that has a huge number of blams and saves and just stopped at a number like 18000 and 15000 or something like that.
Could be wrong on this one,but you may be thinking of life, who in a feat of awesomeness will forever be at least joint lowest ranked EGSC if not the outright one, with 15,000 Blams and 15,000 Saves exactly.

Thanks Rohan, always there to save the day. Yes it is life and his 15,000 Blams and Saves. Didn't realize 30,00 was the lowest amount for Sup.Com.

I can only hope to emulate him one day. Alas, I have a long ways to go haha.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 17:39:59

Oh shit, big level ups coming from me.

7 B / P away from Private, and two days away from level 17.

I'm pumped. But even if I get into the EGB, I'll never leave the NGPD :P

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 17:48:02

At 5/21/09 05:43 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 5/21/09 05:39 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Oh shit, big level ups coming from me.

Nice one! I hope me and you are still going to do the rosters??
SC is also a few away from private, all of the good guys are slowly disappearing....

I'm not anytime soon.

Krev - I was watching a video in my soc class about Mardi Gras and it made me think of you haha.
Carnage in the streets, booze and boobies for bead.
Awesome.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 17:50:12

SC is also a few away from private, all of the good guys are slowly disappearing....

Yea, we'll still do them. I'll take care of this Saturday.

lol your above police rank and your still here, I'll be the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 18:28:04

Yea, I only need 35 more B/P till I am a private and I will be level 17 on 6/22/09. Still a little ways to go.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 18:33:12

At 5/21/09 05:39 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Oh shit, big level ups coming from me.

Not me!
Well, not as quick as you guys

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 19:14:06

What's everyone's Prime Time TV schedule from the Fall-late Spring and the Summer when everything is repeats?

Me, during the Fall-late Spring

Monday:
7-8 Two and a Half Men (FOX)
8-9 House (FOX)
9-10 24 (FOX)
10-11 CSI: Miami (CBS)

Tuesday:
8-9 NCIS (CBS)
9-10 FRINGE (FOX)
10-11 Without a Trace (CBS)

Wednesday:
8-9 NCIS (USA)
9-10 Criminal Minds (CBS)
10-11 CSI: NY (CBS)

Thursday:
7-8 Two and a Half Men (CBS)
8-9 House (USA)
9-10 Hell's Kitchen
10-11 Harper's Island

Friday:
5:30-8:45(9:15) WORK
9-10 FlashPoint
10-11 NUMB3RS

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 19:22:55

At 5/21/09 07:14 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: What's everyone's Prime Time TV schedule from the Fall-late Spring and the Summer when everything is repeats?

I'm more of a LOST guy. During the off-season, I stick with Sportscenter and anything that's on HBO. I'll watch something along the lines of Numbers or Family Guy. But I usually stick to sports.

On a side note, I have officially been promoted to the rank of Private! I have applied for membership in the EGB and won't be on the official roster here anymore. I'll miss you :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 19:32:11

Damn, that was a fast 7 B/P. Oh well, I'll be following suit soon. Doesn't mean I still won't be active in the NGPD. You're also gonna need to fix your whistle soldier.

salute

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 20:34:10

At 5/21/09 07:32 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Damn, that was a fast 7 B/P. Oh well, I'll be following suit soon. Doesn't mean I still won't be active in the NGPD. You're also gonna need to fix your whistle soldier.

Random question: which club requires a bronze or better whistle? If I'm not mistaken, the EGB only asks for a normal or better one, but I remember reading somewhere that there is a club that needs a bronze one to enter.

Also: HA-HA!!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 20:41:08

Good job Sheizen, also, the EGB does require a Bronze whistle, I had one a while back, then my whistle went right up shit's creek without a paddle.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 21:15:43

At 5/21/09 08:41 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Good job Sheizen, also, the EGB does require a Bronze whistle, I had one a while back, then my whistle went right up shit's creek without a paddle.

What? Now it's bronze? It's been a while since I researched the EGB requirements, but from my archaic understanding the minimum whistle level is Normal. I'll look into it.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-21 21:23:54

Well when RonanTheBarbarian was in here for the NGPD/EGB Liaison position, he said Bronze whistle is a requirement.

BBS Signature