00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

92,001 Views | 822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 13:56:33

An example by a designer i like

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 14:03:47

At 11/8/07 01:56 PM, fuzz wrote: An example by a designer i like

great post!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 16:13:54

At 11/8/07 02:03 PM, Luis wrote:
At 11/8/07 01:56 PM, fuzz wrote: An example by a designer i like
great post!

??
I cant tell if your serious or not lawl

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 16:49:28

Did you all see this? I think Tom may of posted it at around the time of Queers of War actually, but anywho.. :

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/eightcell/
emilio.html

Ng Diy Munny Competition

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 17:41:28

At 11/4/07 03:04 PM, DarkShadow8181 wrote: i want to do one of link like this. not sure what i'd paint oit with though. i guess i gotta go and buy some new art stuffs.

i like this one.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 17:50:51

well i have made a Master Chief munny. But i may consider getting another one. Because it isn't really an original design, although i had to alter things. Luis made a comment about commercial figures. We'll see.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 17:51:39

Kid Robot Gallery

That link has tons of different paint schemes and styles to paint. They aren't the WZL design but it might give some people some inspiration.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 18:12:05

Heres a quick one im thinking about doing, but I most likely will add more to it or just completely revamp it. Just sex it up you know. My munny should be here, Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 18:28:05

At 11/8/07 05:50 PM, danomano65 wrote: well i have made a Master Chief munny. But i may consider getting another one. Because it isn't really an original design, although i had to alter things. Luis made a comment about commercial figures. We'll see.

Well if you bought your own youre more than welcome to do it on anything you want.... i was talking more about the munny's that ng financed.

Well regardless it was a suggestion. I wont totally hold it against anyone if it really is the best of the pack. Ya know?

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 18:29:54

Well regardless it was a suggestion. I wont totally hold it against anyone if it really is the best of the pack. Ya know?

well what do you think of it so far?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:18:24

At 11/8/07 06:29 PM, danomano65 wrote:
well what do you think of it so far?

its pretty good. id go back and polish up the line work on it, one of the tough things about robotic/machine based designs is how much more noticeable it is when the linework is shaky which is not something you want from something thats supposed to be very machined and precise-fitting.

Whats the back look like?

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:21:30

Whats the back look like?

I thought about getting some clay and buying another one so i can just make the armor features alot more accented. I also have a shaky hand. sucks.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:40:12

Is it okay if we use the picture off the website that shows his hands being his back?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:41:23

At 11/8/07 07:40 PM, NewFounder wrote: Is it okay if we use the picture off the website that shows his hands being his back?

his hands are folded behind his back. the head is tilted toward the front. is that what u mean?

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:46:10

I'm gonna get my paypal sometime this week and order but I'm being very lazy right now, so I dunno when I'll do it, but I'm currently obsessed with fatcaps (they're in stock on MPH) so I plan to buy a couple blind boxes of those as well.
Cheers!

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:48:19

At 11/8/07 07:41 PM, danomano65 wrote:
At 11/8/07 07:40 PM, NewFounder wrote: Is it okay if we use the picture off the website that shows his hands being his back?
his hands are folded behind his back. the head is tilted toward the front. is that what u mean?

I was asking if instead of using the pic in the first post to use this picture

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:58:11

here is one i made in GIMP useing newfounders style!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Damnt,if you dont know it then GOOGLE IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 19:59:50

At 11/8/07 07:48 PM, NewFounder wrote: I was asking if instead of using the pic in the first post to use this picture

go ahead. I only made that first one so its easier for people to see.. but yea go ahead and use the back view if you need to.

By the way tmrw is the last day for submitting concepts for the 5 freebie munnys.. after that either you are getting your own or watching on the sidelines. Will announce 5 winnars of the complimentary Munnys on Sat.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 21:02:58

At 11/8/07 05:51 PM, Senti wrote: Kid Robot Gallery

That link has tons of different paint schemes and styles to paint. They aren't the WZL design but it might give some people some inspiration.

It inspired me.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-08 21:14:42

Black base coat, lots of intersecting colour. I dont intend to simply splatter paint onto it, I want the paint to change colour where it meets. If you understand. I have loads of acrylic paints to use.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 00:23:38

HOORAH! MUNNY ARRIVED TODAY! Thanks Luis.

It always amazes me when something actually makes it through overseas postage, I'm used to the scum that handle South Africa's post, now I'm in Australia, it's great.

I'll get started tomorrow, got some stuff to do today. One more thing, I notice a lot of you are drawing the front side on what I consider to be the back, that is, the side where the hands are, where the stomach/backside is more pronounced. This may be correct, or it may not matter, but it just doesn't look right to me. Anyways, I'll be making my Munny the other way around, hands on a small gut, with a large backside.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 00:49:22

Gotta agree with that. The booty is just smiling into my face on the side where the hands arent.

Also for mine I'll use real hair, real clothes and fill it with real blood, then burn the stomache away and insert a small glass for better view, so you can shake it and have everything moving inside.

Gotta figure the problems out first, then ill start.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 06:05:26

At 11/9/07 12:49 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: Gotta figure the problems out first, then ill start.

Wowee, sounds good.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 06:30:37

I've had mine for a couple days now, but now I'm so scared I'm gonna ruin it, I havent tried coloring it yet.
:S
I really need to get started.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 06:50:49

At 11/9/07 06:30 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: I've had mine for a couple days now, but now I'm so scared I'm gonna ruin it, I havent tried coloring it yet.
S
I really need to get started.

Hehe, I know the feeling... I haven't had mine for long, but I feel sorta scared to touch it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 07:28:50

Hey, MiddleFingerRings, you´ve just changed the sentence on your sig... Are you tired of people touching you improperly without permission?. You know, each time I see your sig picture the words "Want chicken?" come to my mind...
Anyway, I´d really like to participate in this post, but the truth is that I can´t... I don´t have any (good) experience on painting figures and my agenda is really messed up... But I´d really like to get some of that figurines in the future and give it a try, seriously. Now that the free giveaway DIY´s have been already sent, I´ll try to send a design just for kicks...
Hey, Dookie, the real reason for me to make this post is to tell you that your dollie seems to be a real eye candy... I want to see it finished, but take your time. Good things are meant to be have some expectation, you know...

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 09:10:54

Here is my concept for a munny, its not quite finished im still working on the back.

If I actually made it for real my plan would be to do all the color first using acrylics then go over with a super fine black marker thing for the detail, it could get a little challenging in the stomach area but I could always simplify that down a bit.

anyways en.... nnevermind

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 10:15:42

OH MY GONDI!!!! These are all so amazing and they all look like SO much fun I'm definitely gonna buy one but I'm not sure for the contest I don't want to rush so any way I went through the whole entire thread and this is my list of faves (maybe Luis will see it :P) Ok here it goes
NewFounder's Multiple Submissions were pretty amazing
I loved Buzzwerd's it was SO cute man great job
OMG Luis' was amazing but you know he's a natural and we can all learn from him!
Spencermann's was really cool too
Mogly yours was pretty amazing
WilliWowza I think did a great job too
Pezboy's was pretty awesome too
Great job ChisOroso I loved it
1sparrows was pretty cool too
Well great job to everyone sorry if I missed yours I might get one up here too..... maybe!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 16:43:08

At 11/9/07 07:28 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Hey, MiddleFingerRings, you´ve just changed the sentence on your sig... Are you tired of people touching you improperly without permission?. You know, each time I see your sig picture the words "Want chicken?" come to my mind...

Well, I just wanted a change, I'm surprised you noticed! I'll change it back if it gives people such a splendid reaction.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-09 16:51:11

Hey, Dookie, the real reason for me to make this post is to tell you that your dollie seems to be a real eye candy... I want to see it finished, but take your time. Good things are meant to be have some expectation, you know...

i dont really like how i painted it so im just going to start from scratch. im probably going to use the same design but add some more things to it.

my acrylic paint sucks so im going to buy different ones

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature