00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ironbrandon22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Muse Crew

73,269 Views | 1,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-18 17:44:35

At 6/18/08 03:07 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Thing is, you don't have to pay to be able to play that song. If I didn't have to pay for it, I wouldn't mind a bit.

I'm sorry... what?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-18 17:56:15

At 6/18/08 05:44 PM, Nev wrote:
At 6/18/08 03:07 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Thing is, you don't have to pay to be able to play that song. If I didn't have to pay for it, I wouldn't mind a bit.
I'm sorry... what?

I paid extra to download Stockholm Syndrome :(

I wouldn't be so pissed off if i'd just got some tabs off of a website for free and started playing and found out i didnt like it, for example.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-18 18:01:44

At 6/18/08 05:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I paid extra to download Stockholm Syndrome :(

I see.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-18 23:06:33

At 6/18/08 01:32 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/18/08 01:28 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: So apparently, the next Guitar Hero will feature a Muse song.
If it's Plug In Baby then I'm buying it.

I'd bet on that too, or probably one of their more popular songs like Starlight. Or one of their more guitar-heavy songs.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-19 08:37:52

At 6/18/08 11:06 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I'd bet on that too, or probably one of their more popular songs like Starlight.

I wouldn't have thought starlight, it'd be piss easy, easier than ANY of the main playlist songs in GH3 imo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-19 11:41:04

How the fuck did I just find this crew?

Muse is an awesome band. Ummm let's see my favorite songs are Bliss and Knights of Cydonia. Favorite album - doesn't matter which. It's all good. Live show? Never been to one (sadly). I want to go when their next album comes out (which I'm curious of when it does come out).

Yeah Muse is awesome. I'm getting a friend of mine to buy me a t shirt on their site.

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-19 19:42:15

http://www.myspace.com/leone8

holy fucking shit.

some guy plays muse songs on his piano.

Has to be seen to be appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 01:41:32

At 6/19/08 07:42 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://www.myspace.com/leone8

holy fucking shit.

Oh my fucking God. He's amazing. I'm...jealous >.< I've wanted to learn a Muse song on the piano for a while now, still can't find any of the sheet music though. Must not be looking hard enough.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 03:33:16

At 6/19/08 07:42 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://www.myspace.com/leone8

holy fucking shit.

Gee, that's brilliant...I wish I was that good at playing, and he's even better for managing to convert those songs to Piano... that's if he did it himself instead of using sheet music... either way, he's REALLY good.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 12:49:13

At 6/20/08 01:41 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: Must not be looking hard enough.

Nope :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 15:42:55

I'm studying Popular Music Production at University and part of course requires us to use a studio to record and produce a song. Our group did New Born :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 21:50:36

At 6/20/08 09:43 PM, Jamie wrote: Hey.

I've only heard a few songs by Muse, but I love the sound and I was wondering if I could have some suggestions?

The songs I have are Bliss and Starlight.

Get the albums 'Origin of Symmetry' and 'Absolution'. There is no way to be disappointed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 23:25:09

At 6/20/08 12:49 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

Oh my God, thank you so much.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-20 23:36:30

At 6/20/08 12:49 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

Holy shit, THAT'S A FUCKING GOLD MINE.

Thank you, thank you.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 00:56:55

At 6/20/08 09:43 PM, Jamie wrote: Hey.

I've only heard a few songs by Muse, but I love the sound and I was wondering if I could have some suggestions?

The songs I have are Bliss and Starlight.

One of the best parts of Muse is listening to the entire album from beginning to end, not individual songs. Every album is an amazing journey you will never forget. Get Black Holes & Revelations and Absolution first, they are the best.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 01:00:12

Lol, someone seems to have reset my mp3 player top 100 songs played. There goes The Small Print on top followed by about another 30 songs in the top 100.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 02:23:45

At 6/21/08 01:00 AM, Gagsy wrote: Lol, someone seems to have reset my mp3 player top 100 songs played. There goes The Small Print on top followed by about another 30 songs in the top 100.

Now that is a very odd thing to do to someone else's Mp3 player... do you know why anyone would do that?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 02:56:30

At 6/21/08 02:23 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
Now that is a very odd thing to do to someone else's Mp3 player... do you know why anyone would do that?

I'm pretty sure it was my baby nephew, I gave him the mp3 player to play with, just pressing buttons and eharing different sounds come out, so yeah I noticed about a day after he did that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 08:32:25

At 6/21/08 01:00 AM, Gagsy wrote: Lol, someone seems to have reset my mp3 player top 100 songs played. There goes The Small Print on top followed by about another 30 songs in the top 100.

I don't have any muse that high in my charts. :\

I mean, just look at the playcounts, that #1 spot isn't going to change any time soon.

The Muse Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 09:30:58

At 6/21/08 08:32 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
I don't have any muse that high in my charts. :\

I mean, just look at the playcounts, that #1 spot isn't going to change any time soon.

Yeah my own itunes charts are different, but when I'm out and about I usually always end up going back to Muse somehow.

Also, Get over It is the best Guillemots song ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 10:07:11

Fuck off, Trains to Brazil is fucking amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 10:16:06

At 6/21/08 10:07 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Fuck off, Trains to Brazil is fucking amazing.

I don't deny that.

Get Over It > Made-Up Lovesong #43 > Trains to Brazil

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-21 20:05:13

At 6/21/08 10:16 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/21/08 10:07 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Fuck off, Trains to Brazil is fucking amazing.
I don't deny that.

Get Over It > Made-Up Lovesong #43 > Trains to Brazil

Hey, you know that bit of time when I actually accepted you as an equal human being?

Yeah?

Well, screw that. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-06-24 19:24:57

Is it true that Muse used mushrooms during the recording of Origin of Symmetry?

(There are also a lot of cool Muse trivia at that site)

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-02 00:01:42

I finally got Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations, so I only need Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry.

I've listened to all the tracks on Absolution and BH&R before, but it feels so much better listening to them on an official CD.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-02 17:09:54

I am a huge muse fan ..you can tell from my audio submissions

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-03 01:06:02

At 7/2/08 12:01 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I've listened to all the tracks on Absolution and BH&R before, but it feels so much better listening to them on an official CD.

Congrats man, those are the first two Muse CDs I got (thanks goes to Gagsy's sigs).

I got my friend turned on to Muse because I loaded his iPod with lots of it. He really enjoyed Knights of Cydonia, Hoodoo, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, and Hysteria. He even learned Knights, Starlight, and Hysteria on bass. Hysteria has a bitchin' bass line, seriously. I never realized that until I tried to play it.

My brother recently got into Radiohead, they're his new obsession, but he hates Muse. Apparently he went on YouTube and heard some songs (lies) and he thinks they're awful. Kind of funny, when most people call them Radiohead copycats. If I play a Muse song without telling him though, he likes it. He keeps bashing me for it and whatnot. I guess he's just missing out.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-03 03:03:35

At 7/3/08 01:06 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: My brother recently got into Radiohead, they're his new obsession, but he hates Muse. Apparently he went on YouTube and heard some songs (lies) and he thinks they're awful. Kind of funny, when most people call them Radiohead copycats. If I play a Muse song without telling him though, he likes it. He keeps bashing me for it and whatnot. I guess he's just missing out.

Hmm, he probably just read the comments at the bottom of the videos and decided to join the Radiohead > Muse bandwagon. I like 'em both anyway, so I don't really care about the whole Muse vs. Radiohead thing.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-03 03:04:59

At 6/21/08 08:05 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Hey, you know that bit of time when I actually accepted you as an equal human being?

Yeah?

Well, screw that. >:(

No I don't remember that but it's good to know, even if it's now supposedly past tense.

<3
At 7/3/08 01:06 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 7/2/08 12:01 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I've listened to all the tracks on Absolution and BH&R before, but it feels so much better listening to them on an official CD.
Congrats man, those are the first two Muse CDs I got (thanks goes to Gagsy's sigs).

I feel useful. ='D

My brother recently got into Radiohead, they're his new obsession, but he hates Muse. Apparently he went on YouTube and heard some songs (lies) and he thinks they're awful. Kind of funny, when most people call them Radiohead copycats. If I play a Muse song without telling him though, he likes it. He keeps bashing me for it and whatnot. I guess he's just missing out.

While I can understand why people think of both bands are similar, the copycat remarks really bug me, sure Radiohead started before and maybe a bit of inspiration came from them but no different to how people say "OH FREDDIE MERCURY AND THE BEATLES REALLY INSPIRES ME", doesn't mean they stole the sound at all. To know all the stuff that Matt does for Muse is to know that they aren't copycats. Your brother needs a good kicking.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-07-04 14:08:54

At 7/3/08 01:06 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 7/2/08 12:01 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote:

Muse fans secretly like Radiohead. Other way around, as well. Also, I see absolutly no similarities between the two bands.

eh.

BBS Signature