00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LemynLyme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Tutorial Collab '07

63,905 Views | 1,253 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 15:41:21

I could do some Photoshop tutorials, basic and intermediate, but not advanced. I think to start with long, very detailed basic tutorial about masking (extracting object(s) from image(s)) images. It will describe all selection tools, they advantages and disadvantages, and advise when should they use them (lasso tool, magic wand tool, quick selection tool(CS3), background erasing tool, pen tool, quick mask, extract filter and explanation of theres properties). After masking, I'll explain how to extract it to Flash and/or other Adobe programs (CS3). I'm thinking to write in AS2 because I don't understand quite well AS3. You can e-mail me at
jazzandblues1@gmail.com

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 15:42:09

If you let us, we will create the 3D background tutorial. Here is an example of our work:

The Tutorial Collab '07

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 16:03:33

How to make part of your content fit in another page?

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 16:53:53

At 8/2/07 04:03 PM, jazzandblues wrote: How to make part of your content fit in another page?

que?

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 19:22:26

Ye sure... Heres ma shet :P
Calculator tut:
http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image =tutorialpeicepz8.swf
Right click menu/ Copyright Protection:
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image =tutorialpageqp2.swf
Please critique.

| Email | PM | Underground Flash :D | Whoah, I'm not touching that with my 3 foot penis. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 19:25:35

Sorry for double post :(
But the calc tut is linked to my unupdated version.
Heres the proper version
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image =tutorialpeiceca0.swf

| Email | PM | Underground Flash :D | Whoah, I'm not touching that with my 3 foot penis. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 20:10:17

At 8/2/07 07:25 PM, MixedDrink wrote: Sorry for double post :(
Heres the proper version

your second to last page is actually missing the audio player :P. and some of the text seem squished.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 20:14:20

At 8/2/07 07:22 PM, MixedDrink wrote: Right click menu/ Copyright Protection:
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image =tutorialpageqp2.swf
Please critique.

ahhhh sorry for the double post. the first page you used the wrong their/there/they're . YOu were talking about people so it shoulda been their. :P. and again the text seemed a bit squished. i didnt really like the scroll boxes becuase you cant really see the code clearly. but hey...it could just be me xD

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 20:29:38

At 8/2/07 03:41 PM, jazzandblues wrote: I could do some Photoshop tutorials

If you could do a basic maskingsection, that would be great!

As part of my "Advanced" tut, I'm doing a Masking section, but that's on (no shit) ADVANCED Masking, so your tut could help as an introduction. I could warn the user to check your tut first, and you could warn the user to check mine out afterwards!

Please keep in mind that I'm doing an extremely detailed section on Selection Tools which will take up about one third of my "Basics" tut. I'm just telling you this so that you stray from the basics of selection tools in your tut. Try to explain the more advanced portions of learning selection. It would be great if we could talk on aim or something to figure out who does which parts of Selection tools. Again, we could link to each other's tut!

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 20:36:16

Read this Depredation:

After being shown the "4 Tuts Only" rule, I'm going to switch up my tut names a bit.

I would appreciate it a lot if you could delete the two tuts I sent you already (or just the one if you didn't receive the second yet), as well as delete any PMs/emails I sent you about them.

I'm going to go back into Flash and combine the two fla's together into one "Extra Effects" tut, then send you the respective PM's and email!

Also, please forget about my post near the top of the page! Instead of all those different tuts, I'm just sending you the four BIG tuts like I said earlier.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 20:43:29

At 8/2/07 08:36 PM, Siggy0501 wrote: I'm just sending you the four BIG tuts like I said earlier.

CHEATER!! lol :P

Fix up your calc tut a little, it's a bit squished and one of the frames is missing the music player as mentioned.

Also, change the actionscript text a bit, its hard to read : /

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 21:34:35

Heres the proper version

The first one was pathetic, this one was fair. There wasn't enough explanation. You should at least point out what the reader needs some knowledge of, and whether they would need a basic, intermediate, or advanced level grasp of it. For instance, you could have said

To fully understand this tut you will need a good understanding of variables. Mostly numbers.
You must understand instances, buttons, basic flash syntax and working with dynamic textboxes.
You need to know some math functions covered in the more math tutorial, specifically Math.sqrt()
Putting this all together is not easy and requires lots of thinking and practice
so you will have to be very experienced with all of this to be able to write a code like this.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 21:36:09

At 8/2/07 08:43 PM, Warchamp7 wrote: CHEATER!! lol :P

Of course, I'm ALWAYS teaching people through exploitation!

:P

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-02 21:38:16

At 8/2/07 09:34 PM, P3d0chu wrote: crap

Sorry, I posted this on my alt ^_^

I'm thinking about taking tile based programming, actionscripted tweens or Bitmap Data by the way.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 00:50:01

Hey, I've just started on my run cycle tutorial.
Does it look any good?
I'll be going through the whole process of developing the run, from planning to shading, using a technique which I always use now.

[Run Cycle Tut]

Comments?

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 01:23:42

At 8/3/07 12:50 AM, chillyphilly wrote: Hey, I've just started on my run cycle tutorial.
Does it look any good?
I'll be going through the whole process of developing the run, from planning to shading, using a technique which I always use now.

[Run Cycle Tut]

Comments?

Looks very nice! I love that running cycle

And Dep, I sent in my Drawing Guns & Explosives .fla to you. I am going to post it here too.

Check out my new movie "Blood Harvest"!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 09:52:22

:On the 'right-click' menu tutorial, the layout was horrible. The text was all squished, and I had to strain :my eyes to read it. You couldn't read the code, as basically the whole page was devoted to text.

Umm, I made the right click menu tutorial. If someone else made one, they shouldn't have.
My text wasn't squished and I used the normal font but black for code

Soo... either you aren't talking abouta context menu tutorial or someone else made one ¬ ¬

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 09:54:19

I see now
:Mixed Drink:
:Right click menu/ Copyright Protection:
:http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?imag e =tutorialpageqp2.swf
:Please critique.
I already made a right click menu tut Drink. And Dep already accepted it (I think)

/

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 09:59:08

Heres the Tut I made for right click menu
http://denvish.net/ulf/250707/66552_Righ t-Click_Tut.php
Dep already accepted it and requested the .fla which I sent

Also, mixed drink, you have WAY too many lines of code for copyrighting your movie (Removing right-clicik menu) I takes two lines of code to do it : /

You also need examples : /

Sorry for Triple Post

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 10:00:08

At 8/3/07 09:54 AM, Warchamp7 wrote:eshack.us/my.php?imag e =tutorialpageqp2.swf

I already made a right click menu tut Drink. And Dep already accepted it (I think)
/

Can you post it here? And has anyone taken copyright protection?

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 10:05:27

I just posted it above. And what do you mean copyright protection?

Removing the right-click menu takes two lines of code as I said. Don't really have to do anything else.

If someone really wants to steal your movie, they'll know how to take out the copyright text thing -.-

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 10:05:41

At 8/3/07 09:59 AM, Warchamp7 wrote: Heres the Tut I made for right click menu
Nevermind here it is

Very impressive, It's definitely more readable and understandable than the last one, no offense to the author. I like the way you explained the code, pointing out parts of it with red text. Good job.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 10:11:54

Can i take the sound loops??

I am very new to NG

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 11:05:12

Lol, well my Calculator tutorial was originally the only one I was gonna submit anyway. So I don't really care if my copyright tut doesn't make it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 11:06:49

At 8/3/07 09:59 AM, Warchamp7 wrote: Heres the Tut I made for right click menu

Good job! I really like that one, though I do think that on the first frame you should get some "before and after" screenshots of what happens to the right click menu when someone follows the tut. One showing the regular menu, one with all the options knocked off and one with some custom options. It's always good to include a screenshot whenever possible.

---

And whoever did the run cycle, you did a great job as well!

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 11:32:28

Hey, here's a bit of an update on the run cycle tut.
Just wanna get some suggestions, or any comments on if it looks like it's on the right track, if it looks any good?

[Run Cycle Tut]

Hows it lookin?

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 11:41:14

:One showing the regular menu
lmfao

Try clicking anywhere but the circle XD

Tada, normal menu XD

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 11:42:46

At 8/3/07 11:32 AM, chillyphilly wrote: Hey, here's a bit of an update on the run cycle tut.
Just wanna get some suggestions, or any comments on if it looks like it's on the right track, if it looks any good?

[Run Cycle Tut]

Hows it lookin?

It's looking great so far :)

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 13:28:37

At 8/2/07 03:42 PM, Fagex wrote: If you let us, we will create the 3D background tutorial. Here is an example of our work:

Sorry, that's not high enough quality, work on it and i'll think about it.

Heres the proper version

make the code more readable, you can barely see it. Also, you only explain some of it, explain all of it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 14:16:04

At 8/3/07 11:32 AM, chillyphilly wrote: Hey, here's a bit of an update on the run cycle tut.

[Run Cycle Tut]

Hows it lookin?

awesom XD. keep it going.