00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rumbeeart just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Tutorial Collab '07

63,924 Views | 1,253 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-11 17:42:25

At 10/10/07 08:37 PM, nooks540 wrote: Also may you teach me some of the newbie basics for flash 8 proffesional like some tips and tricks.
Ish kinda things? just make me a simple and newbie tut for me :D really would love to learn more things.

There's plenty of As2 and flash 8 or under tuts, don't worry.

UPDATE

Just a quick update. Sadly, i've not recieved anymore parts since the last update, so no improovement there >:(. I have however added a links section (post if you want your site or a tut site added), a loader and a few other backstage adjustments.

I still have to do a lot, but this is just to show that i'm still making progress.

Intro

Does anyone have anythign against me doing a quick 'intro animation' for the tut, to make it abit more lively and fleunt?If not, i'll get to work on that at the weekend.

Part List

Exactly the same.

AS2

Basic

# Actionscripted Colour
# JavaScript and Flash

Intermediate

# Scripted Camera
# More Movement (On Slopes)
# Copyright Protection
# Fireworks
# Actionscripted tweens

Advanced

# Basic 3D
# 3D Shapes
# Blackface Culling, lighting etc (3D)
# OOP
# Drawing API
# BitmapData API
# Components
# Springs

AS3

# New features
# OOP
# Preloader
# Movement
# Spectrum Analyser
# Displacement Filters
# AS3 and Flex

Design

Web Design

# Headers
# Mascots and Logos

Flash Design

# Guidelines
# Outlining and Planning
# Tips and Tricks
# The Pen tool
# Smooth Design
# Bevelling
# Sharp text
# Pixel art
# Spacing Text

Art

Photoshop

# These will have to be made up by you since I do not own a copy of Photoshop. If you have an idea, pm me or email me at
tutorialcollab@gmail.com.

Illustrator

# Again, These will have to be made up by you since I do not own a copy of illustrator. If you have an idea, pm me or email me at

Fireworks

# Finally, These will have to be made up by you since I do not own a copy of fireworks. If you have an idea, pm me or email me at

Flash

# Using the brush tool
# Shading
# Cartoon
# Anime/Manga
# Vector
# Pixel Art
# Importing
# CS3s new import tools.
# Flash and Photoshop
# Drawing Hands
# Eyes
# Hair

Animation

People

# Lip Syncing
# Walk Cycles
# Facial Expressions
# Hands
# Forces

Animals/Nature

# Sky
# Four Leg Walk Cycle
# Wind

General

# Explosions
# Blood
# Reflections
# Crashes
# Falling
# Bouncing
# Wounds
# Shooting

Music

FLStudio

# Looping
# MORE NEEDED

Editors

# Compressing
# Audio Effects
# Converting
# Reducing Background noise.

Links

# Any links to flash/photoshop/flstudio etc tutorials.
# If you have made a tutorial, you can give me a link to your site and I'll add it here. Its very good exposure :).

Extras

# If you are interested, you can make signatures, banner ads, wallpapers or icons for the collab and I will publicise them where
possible. Any amazing additions will be paid for. Any music made specifically for the collab will also go here and be paid for.

PAYPAL

THERE'S 4 MORE DAYS TO GET YOUR PAYPAL TO ME. ANY PAYPALS GIVEN AFTER OCTOBER 15TH CANNOT BE ADDED. IF YOU WANT PAYMENT, EMAIL ME ASAP.

Icon

I did a few quick icons, the ''07' bit needs some work (it looks blurred but there is the general idea. Please tell me which one you like most, and what needs improving etc.

I think thats it ;).

The Tutorial Collab '07

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-11 22:03:47

very nice preloader (might want to ease the raising of the inner bubble a bit)
you say there are no new ones to work on but you have yet to put in my gravity/friction tut or put in the fixed version of my pong one... but I'm sure you're plenty busy with other stuff I didn't notice.

My Coding Portfolio (updated frequently)

If you stay in bed for long enough it will be socially acceptable to go to bed again

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-11 23:01:41

Even though the due date is passed, is there still time to contribute? I still people posting stuff, but I am not sure if they have already signed up for this before the due date.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-11 23:13:50

Make a tutorial still valid.

=3

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 09:56:33

At 10/11/07 11:01 PM, blah569 wrote: Even though the due date is passed, is there still time to contribute? I still people posting stuff, but I am not sure if they have already signed up for this before the due date.

ANYONE can take part in this collab as long as there are more parts to be written

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 10:38:10

A few things.

Warchamp we're both going to be in the tut apparently but your tutorial is going to be the advanced right clicking function and mines going to be basic hopefully.

And my name wasn't in the credits! :(

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 10:53:30

Oh and on the microphone tutorial follow it through and you'll find something wrong happens, just keepi on pressing next until it comes up with the bit that says now select the box tool and follow that.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 10:56:16

Yo Dep, it seems my run cycle tut is missing some essential items :S
I dont know why but the next and back buttons are gone when you view my tut...so there's no way they can view the rest of it. :(
Was some weird screw up, my fault or it just hasn't been added yet...or something?

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Should be good when it comes out. I'd seriously do another but im way too busy with other stuff goin on.
Soz man

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:08:28

I'd do more parts if someone, ANYONE AT ALL with flash 7 could save the .FLAs as a Flash 6 document? That would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally helpful for me.

:U

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:18:57

My opinion on the icon: Maybe it shouldn't be themed around the Flash logo, its the Tutorial collab, right? We've got all kinds of tutorials :).

They look nice, its up to you, but I suggest maybe try something else.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:26:23

At 10/12/07 10:53 AM, sickstick wrote: Oh and on the microphone tutorial follow it through and you'll find something wrong happens, just keepi on pressing next until it comes up with the bit that says now select the box tool and follow that.

Yeah, I've told him about that.

Also when is this coming out? I mean, Fifa 08 has come out (not that I play it) and we still haven't released Tutorial Collab 07.

They used to call me souled...

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:34:29

Woah, whats this doing on the first page?
Anyone care to fill me in on whats been going on since it was released?

Tut collab '08?

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:49:10

At 10/12/07 11:34 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Anyone care to fill me in on whats been going on since it was released?

This is Tut Collab '07. The last one was '06.

:U

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:52:42

At 10/12/07 11:49 AM, Masterswordman wrote:
At 10/12/07 11:34 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Anyone care to fill me in on whats been going on since it was released?
This is Tut Collab '07. The last one was '06.

Well fuck me, has it been a year already?
Right then, im definatley interested in this.

Couple o' questions;
Estimated release date?
Sponsorship?
Preview?
Is it all Flash related, or are there a few programming slots (HTML, PHP, etc)?

Sorry about all the questions, but i can't be arsed going through 32 pages or whatever it is :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 11:58:47

At 10/12/07 11:52 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:

:Stuff

Or has this already been released?
30th August it said in the first post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 12:16:57

Or has this already been released?
30th August it said in the first post.

Msot of your questions can be answered on the previous page, i didn't know you were stilla round ;), good to see you again. You can do a tut on HTML, PHP, AJAX and any other web related language, and of course, AS2+3. Theres also art tuts and other such things.

No specific thus far, there's a minimum $150 sponsorship, but that's if no-one wants a follow up to one of the most viewed and liked tuts in the last 10 years.

It should be released by the end of october if anyone does anymore tuts.

At 10/12/07 11:18 AM, Jindo wrote: My opinion on the icon: Maybe it shouldn't be themed around the Flash logo, its the Tutorial collab, right? We've got all kinds of tutorials :).

I'd like something that goes of Chazes old logo for the previous collab though. Just a tranditiony type thing, i'll try a few others though and see what they turn out like,

At 10/12/07 10:56 AM, chillyphilly wrote: Yo Dep, it seems my run cycle tut is missing some essential items :S
I dont know why but the next and back buttons are gone when you view my tut...so there's no way they can view the rest of it. :(
Was some weird screw up, my fault or it just hasn't been added yet...or something?

I thought i fixed that :S. Sorry, my fault.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 13:29:50

At 10/12/07 12:16 PM, Depredation wrote: Msot of your questions can be answered on the previous page, i didn't know you were stilla round ;), good to see you again. You can do a tut on HTML, PHP, AJAX and any other web related language, and of course, AS2+3. Theres also art tuts and other such things.

Ok, i'll probably write up a good few tutorials on Sunday.
I'd do a few tonight, but i've got a job on.

Good to see you to Dep :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 17:21:16

At 10/12/07 09:56 AM, Siggy0501 wrote:
At 10/11/07 11:01 PM, blah569 wrote: Even though the due date is passed, is there still time to contribute? I still people posting stuff, but I am not sure if they have already signed up for this before the due date.
ANYONE can take part in this collab as long as there are more parts to be written

Are there are anymore parts? If so, is it possible to see a list, or to be told if it is on a certain page?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 18:21:24

At 10/12/07 05:21 PM, blah569 wrote:
At 10/12/07 09:56 AM, Siggy0501 wrote:
Are there are anymore parts? If so, is it possible to see a list, or to be told if it is on a certain page?

Click here...

Come back when you're done, it's just under my post.

For more fun, say my message like Wario, and don't miss out the WAH-HAHAHA!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 18:24:29

Sorry for double, but I think a intro would be nice, as long as music doesn't boom at me...

In addition to my previous post, where I said talk like Wario, don't miss out the "Have a rottern day!" part...

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-12 18:47:53

At 10/12/07 06:24 PM, Paper-Shadow wrote: Sorry for double, but I think a intro would be nice, as long as music doesn't boom at me...

In addition to my previous post, where I said talk like Wario, don't miss out the "Have a rottern day!" part...

there is an intro, its just been temporarily taken out.

My Coding Portfolio (updated frequently)

If you stay in bed for long enough it will be socially acceptable to go to bed again

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 04:37:36

I'm making a 800 x 600 desktop at the moment.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 04:52:22

At 10/12/07 06:47 PM, gankro wrote: there is an intro, its just been temporarily taken out.

Thanks for telling me...

I wonder what it looks like...

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 05:42:20

At 10/13/07 04:37 AM, sickstick wrote: I'm making a 800 x 600 desktop at the moment.

Well actually 1600 x 1200.

Add this in if you want Dep, don't know if you 'll like it or not.

http://ngup.net/uploads/download.php?fil e=5938_desktop.jpg

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 05:43:43

Oh, by the way, it looks a lot better when it's actually on your desktop.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 08:50:15

At 10/13/07 05:43 AM, sickstick wrote: Oh, by the way, it looks a lot better when it's actually on your desktop.

Sorry, but it's way too plain. You've just taken the paper bg and added some text. Sorry.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 10:11:29

LOL. I know I did say.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-13 10:54:28

I finished the Importing tutorial. Kinda. Any suggestions, because I think it's a little too basic.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-14 13:10:27

At 10/13/07 10:54 AM, Xeptic wrote: I finished the Importing tutorial. Kinda. Any suggestions, because I think it's a little too basic.

Could you cover linkage aswell? By that i mean, when you right click on a symbol in the library and click linkage.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-10-14 22:12:30

Dep, am i too late to join?

btw, i emailed you.