00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Tutorial Collab '07

63,887 Views | 1,253 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 15:00:27

At 8/3/07 11:05 AM, MixedDrink wrote: Lol, well my Calculator tutorial was originally the only one I was gonna submit anyway. So I don't really care if my copyright tut doesn't make it.

well....your calculator tutorial could use a lot of work too... :P

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 15:37:35

At 8/3/07 11:32 AM, chillyphilly wrote: [Run Cycle Tut]

Hows it lookin?

Very good. Just something to point out though, you didn't distinguish titles from explanation and other paragraphs. In my tut I spaced a line between the titles and the body, and I used the font Y2K Neopohyte for them, it really worked well to make them stand out.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 19:35:11

At 8/3/07 01:28 PM, Depredation wrote:
At 8/2/07 03:42 PM, Fagex wrote: If you let us, we will create the 3D background tutorial. Here is an example of our work:
Sorry, that's not high enough quality, work on it and i'll think about it.

At 8/2/07 07:25 PM, MixedDrink wrote: Sorry for double post :(
But the calc tut is linked to my unupdated version.
Heres the proper version
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image =tutorialpeiceca0.swf
make the code more readable, you can barely see it. Also, you only explain some of it, explain all of it.

I have a q dep, am I supposed to add the code to the previous and next buttons myself?
I explained all the code bit by bit. Its just not all in the first frame. I made sure I explained all the code.

| Email | PM | Underground Flash :D | Whoah, I'm not touching that with my 3 foot penis. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 20:03:49

At 8/3/07 07:35 PM, MixedDrink wrote: I have a q dep, am I supposed to add the code to the previous and next buttons myself?

A quote from dep on page 5:

LEAVE THE BUTTONS ALONE!!!
I will do it myself when i get the tutorials. No need to worry about them.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-03 23:18:16

ARRAY TUToRIAL !

ok, my first tutorial made

please people, try it, let me know if it packed with too much crap, or missing stuff

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 03:27:59

That ain't a tutorial lol

You linked to an Audio portal song :P

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 05:16:55

At 8/2/07 08:29 PM, Siggy0501 wrote: If you could do a basic maskingsection, that would be great!

OK, I think that's good idea. Let's agree who will make some tools, and who will make another, because there are so many ways in photoshop that it would probable take me years to describe them all myself. Did you do something already? Here is my advice: ME: quick mask, lasso tool (all of them), quick selection tool, channels; YOU: magic wand, background eraser tool (and magic eraser tool), pen tool, extract filter. And then repairing the mask: ME: defringe, remove b/w matte, burn tool; YOU: blur tool, and history brush tool. I think it's fair 50:50. Change anything if you want. After I'm done, I'll e-mail you my part of tutorial, so that you can put them together. I think that two-part tutorial with different authors can only confuse peoples, so you just merge them I put your name on it. I think to make very detailed tutorial, too, just say when it must be done.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 10:35:24

At 8/3/07 11:18 PM, MusicIsBliss wrote: ARRAY TUToRIAL !

Great song, although i'm pretty sure it isn't what you meant to link too :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 13:57:03

At 8/4/07 10:35 AM, Depredation wrote: Great song, although i'm pretty sure it isn't what you meant to link too :P.

Maybe its his tutorial in song form. You know, its abstract.

:U

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 14:06:32

FINALLY I had time to do another tutorial!

PS: Brushes and Patterns

Enjoy :)!

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 15:49:13

At 8/4/07 02:06 PM, Jindo wrote: FINALLY I had time to do another tutorial!

PS: Brushes and Patterns

Enjoy :)!

There's a mistake in the first paragraph. There's a period after 'the difference between Patterns and Brushes', but it should be a comma, with the h after it lowercased. But overall, it looks pretty good!

Lolz my club got deleted :p XP

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 15:54:22

There's all these tutorials for photoshop, but barely any for fireworks. Aren't they pretty much the same thing? I have fireworks, but never touched it (I got it because stu. Studio is a way better deal on Academic superstore). I look like a big time noob because I never had a sig :( (at least, I don't remember)

Lolz my club got deleted :p XP

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 18:29:21

hahahaha, my bad, i had compied the link to that song to show someone while in the middle of posting here i guess.

THIS!!!!!!!11one is what i meant to link to, let me know what i gotta change.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 19:17:42

At 8/4/07 03:54 PM, CRACK-A-BACK wrote: There's all these tutorials for photoshop, but barely any for fireworks. Aren't they pretty much the same thing? I have fireworks, but never touched it (I got it because stu. Studio is a way better deal on Academic superstore). I look like a big time noob because I never had a sig :( (at least, I don't remember)

Nope! Fireworks, I feel, is much more like an extended Flash drawing tool. I mean, there's a couple of cool features like filters and stuff, but it's nothing (in my opinion) compared with Photoshop.

---

I really don't think that putting the two tuts together is a good idea, sorry...I just have my list so organized. I mean, you don't even have to link to mine, just could you please submit yours on your own? I'm not quite sure what types of masking I will teach in "Advanced Masking," so we will work that out later. I think if our tuts are a bit similar to each other, it won't be the end of the world.

Anyway, I'd rather help you out with extending the scope of your tut and forget about teaching masking in my tut than add yours to my already huge collection.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 19:33:31

At 8/4/07 05:16 AM, jazzandblues wrote: ME: quick mask, lasso tool (all of them), quick selection tool, channels; YOU: magic wand, background eraser tool (and magic eraser tool), pen tool, extract filter.

I don't mean to sink your boat, but I just realized that the quick mask, lasso tools, quick selection tool and magic wand will all be covered in the "Selection Tools" section of my "Basics" tut. The "Advanced Masking" section of my "Advanced" tut will include:

- The Background Eraser
- The Extract command
- The Blending sliders
- Channels
- The Pen tool
- Layer Masks

I don't believe I'm doing anything on undoing masks though, or whatever you said before. So you can still make that tut

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 20:19:08

At 8/4/07 06:29 PM, MusicIsBliss wrote: hahahaha, my bad, i had compied the link to that song to show someone while in the middle of posting here i guess.

THIS!!!!!!!11one is what i meant to link to, let me know what i gotta change.

Link still doesn't work, sends me to the top of the page.

Siggy: I really don't think it's fair taking all those huge tutorials, leave some of them for other users.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 20:34:05

ok, that time it should have worked, but didnt, who knows why, internet stuff pisses me off

<a>www.freewebs.com/kanasoft/arrays%281%
29.swf
<a>
if that^ doesnt work, copy and paste it in your browser thingy
cause it definately is the right link

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 21:47:40

At 8/4/07 08:34 PM, MusicIsBliss wrote: ok, that time it should have worked, but didnt, who knows why, internet stuff pisses me off

<a>www.freewebs.com/kanasoft/arrays%281%
29.swf<a>
if that^ doesnt work, copy and paste it in your browser thingy
cause it definately is the right link

looks great....although i didnt actually read everything :P...looks like you explained everything thoroughly.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-04 23:12:04

At 8/4/07 08:19 PM, Pedochu wrote: Siggy: I really don't think it's fair taking all those huge tutorials, leave some of them for other users.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hog the tuts. In the last Tut Collab, there were only 4 short sections on Photoshop, and I'd like to cover most of everything. No one seems to have objected yet, and keep in mind that the person I've been talking to offered to make a masking section as part of MY tutorial. It seems to me that he wouldn't care too much if I took that burden off him, if he doesn't want credit anyway. I left him the section on altering masks.

If anyone is TRULY dissapointed (jazzandblues included) I'll have absolutely NO problem with letting someone take one of my topics for themself. Jazzandblues, you still have plenty of time to object, I have barely started my "Basics" tut (I won't get to masking for a while). I'd have no problem making a compromise, especially because I have so much to do in the next month.

I didn't realize that people wanted to do Photoshop tuts so much. I thought Flash was the main focus. Feel free to prove me wrong though!

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 00:13:20

I'm just letting everyone know that I'm still alive and working on my parts. I'm doing Hair today.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 02:49:00

At 8/4/07 03:49 PM, CRACK-A-BACK wrote: There's a mistake in the first paragraph. There's a period after 'the difference between Patterns and Brushes', but it should be a comma, with the h after it lowercased. But overall, it looks pretty good!

My bad xP, thanks for telling me :)!

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 06:11:03

At 8/4/07 03:54 PM, CRACK-A-BACK wrote: There's all these tutorials for photoshop, but barely any for fireworks. Aren't they pretty much the same thing? I have fireworks, but never touched it (I got it because stu. Studio is a way better deal on Academic superstore). I look like a big time noob because I never had a sig :( (at least, I don't remember)

Fireworks is more for design and vector work, photoshop is for those and for fine art. Anyway, some fireworks tuts are needed, asap.

At 8/4/07 11:12 PM, Siggy0501 wrote: I didn't realize that people wanted to do Photoshop tuts so much. I thought Flash was the main focus. Feel free to prove me wrong though!

Just get on with your tuts, you seem eager so i'll let you continue :). If anyone wants any of the parts siggy has, i'm sure something can be sorted out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 06:47:05

At 8/4/07 07:33 PM, Siggy0501 wrote: I don't mean to sink your boat, but I just realized that the quick mask, lasso tools, quick selection

OK, I agree, so you do what you sad:

- The Background Eraser
- The Extract command
- The Blending sliders
- Channels
- The Pen tool
- Layer Masks

And I will do all others. How much time do I have?

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 06:56:58

The primary function of Fireworks is creation of web pages: editing images, making slices, converting slices to symbols (like buttons), applying effect on the symbols (like simple rollover), etc. When done, it exports html to Dreamweaver, .fla with symbols and AS to Flash. Now, it's only a "bridge" between Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or Flash), witch imports design from Photoshop, and creates HTML/.FLA of done pages.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 07:24:31

By the looks of it I'm no longer doing the tree tutorial? Looks like you double booked it (thelastpioneer is doing it as well), he can take it though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 11:37:34

Heh, that happened with variables too :P

Anyway, I thought since we're nearing completion I'd let you all know something
http://www.newgrounds.com/gold/portalbud dies

Portal Buddies old page still works. No pretty CSS but it works XD

I decided to put it in my sig hehe

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 12:10:14

At 8/5/07 07:24 AM, Xeptic wrote: By the looks of it I'm no longer doing the tree tutorial? Looks like you double booked it (thelastpioneer is doing it as well), he can take it though.

Do it aswell, if you want. There are more than 1 way to do things, especially in art.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 12:33:23

Okay, I guess I'd better get started then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 14:30:53

If anyone at all wants the Basic 3D part (apart from kennedykrew), please say, and you can have it. I've got about a billion things on my plate at the moment, and writing a tutorial about something I'm not good at is probably one of the things I least want to do.

Thanks!

BTW - before anyone says 'why did you pick it in the first place?' - I didnt. Dep asked if I could, and I forgot about how crap I am at it.

Response to The Tutorial Collab '07 2007-08-05 15:56:31

At 8/5/07 06:47 AM, jazzandblues wrote: And I will do all others. How much time do I have?

Ok, I think you should DEFINATELY submit the Basic Masking tut along with your other Masking stuff. If you do it as part of my tut, I might as well have done it myself. Just submit it yourself and I will tell people that if they want to know more about masking to go to jazzandblues's basic masking tut. How does that sound?