00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CitrusTheNerd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,518 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 09:50:51

At 2/18/11 03:36 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: I have seen those mosaic anime things on the web before but im not sure what there supposed to mean. Are they like what you watched or are going to watch or watching or what O.o.

They're your favorite series, dude. Typical mosaics are 3x3

I'll make one later, don't really feel like it right now.

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 11:45:55

probably something like this

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 13:48:33

At 2/18/11 11:45 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: probably something like this

What is r1c3 and r3c1. The artwork in those caps look sexy. Haven't been watching anything lately cause my freinds have been keeping me busy playing games with them. I gotta get pro at starcraft or I'm gonna feel like a idiot for spending 60 bucks on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 15:07:40

At 2/18/11 01:48 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote:
At 2/18/11 11:45 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: probably something like this
What is r1c3

Eve No Jikan, an OVA (that's now been made into a movie with a couple of bonus scenes or so I hear) that does indeed have amazing art. I've never seen a camera move around quite so much during a simple piano playing scene. The story's great to boot too.

and r3c1. The artwork in those caps look sexy.

Welcome to the NHK. It's not really got amazing art (the art's by no means bad, the facial expressions are pretty well done but it's not as stunning as Eve No Jikan certainly, the pic I chose is just some promo pic), but the real draw is the characters for me. And it's hilarious.

Haven't been watching anything lately cause my freinds have been keeping me busy playing games with them. I gotta get pro at starcraft or I'm gonna feel like a idiot for spending 60 bucks on it.

I know how you feel my flatmates a diamond level and I feel like such a muppet when I 2v2 with him

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 18:55:41

Finished Cowboy Bebop and I loved it, but not as much as Samurai Champloo.
Now onto Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler). I saw the first episode already and it looks promising.

Anime Club

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-18 23:01:24

At 2/18/11 03:07 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/18/11 01:48 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Haven't been watching anything lately cause my freinds have been keeping me busy playing games with them. I gotta get pro at starcraft or I'm gonna feel like a idiot for spending 60 bucks on it.
I know how you feel my flatmates a diamond level and I feel like such a muppet when I 2v2 with him

Yea just bought it a few days ago. have like 18 losses 0 wins. every person that i played though had 100+ games under there belt. I have just been playing bots occasionally with them then they try to tell me what i do wrong on the replays. Ones gold and ones silver. Ill definetly check eve no jikon tonight. I really like eye candy XD. Hopes its not just filled with a billion pantyshots and a shit ton of fan service that seems ever so common in the shit people have been recommending me lately. I gotta start ignorring the opinions of the peeps in my clan XD. A pack of horny basement dwellers.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 02:37:20

Yea I use to be more dedicated to anime but now not as much. Watched Ivu no Jikan (Time of Eve whateva you wanna call it) the animation was really nice but i was kinda disappointed at where they left off. Just as they start establishing characters and there plot they kinda drop it off. Its has a really nice hook but thats like the only thing it has. The 6 episodes are actually closer to 3 average episodes split in half since they only run about 15 minutes each. If they at least announced whether or not theres going to be a season 2 I would be a lot happier with it. I want more of the story line. I wanna know what happens to the cafe . IDK though maybe they weren't able to make a second season because they lost money on the first or something though.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 09:11:46

At 2/19/11 12:01 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: discussing starcraft is UNJAPANESEY
BBM, I'd expect more from you

I apologise, I had forgotten my place

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 09:53:50

At 2/18/11 09:50 AM, towelie101 wrote: I'll make one later, don't really feel like it right now.

Since the internet refuses to work for me (I spent like an hour resizing images for the mosaic in Paint), I'll just write them out.

TOP: Kaiji, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Azumanga Daioh
CENTER: Baccano, YuYu Hakusho, Hellsing
BOTTOM: Black Lagoon, Haruhi Suzumiya, Full Metal Panic

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 11:35:33

At 2/19/11 09:53 AM, towelie101 wrote:
At 2/18/11 09:50 AM, towelie101 wrote: I'll make one later, don't really feel like it right now.
Since the internet refuses to work for me (I spent like an hour resizing images for the mosaic in Paint), I'll just write them out.

lol the link he gave auto resizes and scales and crops the images for you

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 11:49:39

Does anyone know where I can find a complete collection of the HNK Manga

Because all of the major Manga sites I go too have it cut off at the same point

I really just want to read it

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 15:03:39

At 2/19/11 11:49 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Does anyone know where I can find a complete collection of the HNK Manga

Get out, I said get out of this club now. You fucking pirate, you piece of shit lowlife. How DARE you ask for illegal links in this fine, clean club and forum. You're the devil, Satan, Beelzebub

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 15:11:50

At 2/19/11 03:03 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 2/19/11 11:49 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Does anyone know where I can find a complete collection of the HNK Manga
Get out, I said get out of this club now. You fucking pirate, you piece of shit lowlife. How DARE you ask for illegal links in this fine, clean club and forum. You're the devil, Satan, Beelzebub

I'm not sure where Gobble lives, but if he lives somewhere where it isn't licensed I don't see the problem in him acquiring them that way.

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 15:56:20

At 2/19/11 03:10 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: .... Even our resident Mod member advocates these discussions of illegal activity and neglects the fact that he's broken a cardinal rule in the BBS rules.

I'm not constantly browsing the anime club topic but I don't think I have ever seen BBM advocating piracy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 17:50:09

At 2/19/11 04:13 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Read the page yourself.

Do you really consider that him advocating piracy? I think saying hes advocating it is going a little to far. He was discussing the remix with the guy that says hes going to upload the remix and post links on Newgrounds. Its not like hes encouraging him to upload it. I think its kinda fucked up that fatkid didn't get banned and have his posts related to distributing shit illegally deleted but i'm not familiar enough with the rules to say whether or not BBM did anything that violates them.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 21:53:13

At 2/19/11 08:21 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: The forum rules specify:

Discussing illegal activities - including, but not limited to: ROMs, cracks, warez and hacking.

I think the post should've been deleted immediately as it's an illegal activity by default. Since BBM let it slip, I think he's giving people a little room to do these things.

I agree with you completely that it should have been deleted immediately. Idk though I have posted shit that should have been deleted and i should have been banned for so I don't really have much room to talk. I think theres a difference between supporting something and ignoring something though. BBM never really gave him a thumbs up to spamming pirated shit he just never told him not to after reading the post. It should be the users responsibility to not post that kind of stuff in the first place. Anyways anyone know when they are going to be releasing Evangelion 3.0? I watched the first 2 and they where pretty cleanly animated and the twists in the story line i found pretty interesting. Kinda interested in where there gonna take it in the next movies.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 22:04:16

At 2/19/11 09:53 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Anyways anyone know when they are going to be releasing Evangelion 3.0?

A quick google search would have told you that a release date hasn't been announced yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-19 22:45:41

I only hope you can forgive me while I give myself 40 lashings for sullying the good name of this club

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-20 13:05:15

The Windows XP .jpg icon is from EVA.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 04:46:25

Watched Welcome to N.H.K. tonight. It made me think about my future and where my lifes headed. It's a nice anime if you need motivation to get a job or improve yourself. Its easy to just ignore the outcome of not looking for a job and leeching off of family but this show really shoves it in your face i guess. For me especially the gaming part really hit me hard because i do that kind a shit a lot. Just non stop grinding rpg's for like a week lol. I think im gonna either stop or greatly reduce my gaming and start looking for a job because of this series. The characters probably aren't relatable to most people though. Even if your not a no life offline freak you would probably still find it enjoyable; decent animation, funny, and nice story line.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 10:35:52

So I finished watching One Outs, I greatly enjoyed it but I felt there was no development, I guess that's just the problem with short series.

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 13:38:27

One of them is actually Korean, but whatever.

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 14:10:54

Alright. I ended up watching Koi Kaze, and wow, this show came out of no where to me. At first glance it looks average, but the subject matter is pretty big. If you guys haven't heard of it, I won't spoil anything for you.

But the fact that they treated the subject matter with maturity, sincerity and honesty was refreshing to me. Check it out if you got some time to kill.

Also watched Dead Leaves....and was not very impressed with it. Visually it's nice, but it just wasn't very funny to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 16:00:24

Just read the first volume of Dogs (as well as the "Hardcore Twins" one-shot), and that was a great beginning to the series -- it has a lot of potential. I'm definitely picking up the other books.

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 17:04:33

At 2/21/11 02:10 PM, Mendou wrote: Also watched Dead Leaves....and was not very impressed with it. Visually it's nice, but it just wasn't very funny to me.

I got a few chuckles but the real appeal is just in how visually stimulating it is with all the colors and the actions and vibrant effects.

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 17:37:20

At 2/21/11 02:10 PM, Mendou wrote: Also watched Dead Leaves....and was not very impressed with it. Visually it's nice, but it just wasn't very funny to me.

Did you watch sub or dub? I've only seen the sub myself but apparently the dub is a lot better and has more jokes and things.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 21:34:16

Hmmm its hard choosing favorites.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-21 23:48:13

At 2/21/11 11:32 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Mighty fine selection of COWBOYS and BEBOP we've got going boys!

Also, Ghibli studios releases. Real original choices.

I love that Phil Collins song

She's an Easy Lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it!

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-22 00:51:00

At 2/21/11 11:32 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Mighty fine selection of COWBOYS and BEBOP we've got going boys!

Also, Ghibli studios releases. Real original choices.

Sometimes, Kermit.

Sometimes you're allowed to like the things that everyone else likes.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-02-22 11:57:41

At 2/21/11 05:37 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

Did you watch sub or dub? I've only seen the sub myself but apparently the dub is a lot better and has more jokes and things.

Dub, it did add some tidbits of extra jokes. But they still weren't terribly amusing.

BBS Signature