New Topic Respond to this Topic
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-14 23:55:48 Reply

I've noticed that someone voted Cowboy Bebop a 7.5 and Elfin Lied a 10. I get that people have different opinions and tastes, but CB is an anime classic, whereas Lied was more memorable for having a high degree of shock and awe more so than just being memorable. Take all of the "philosophical" stuff aside, {it seems like a lot of people are fond of putting quasi-philosophical stuff in anime that doesn't really fit or even need it at all} Elfin Lied is just another anime that has excessive blood and guts for pure shock value, more so than anything else, and while I think EL is a decent anime overall, there are many better shows that do blood and carnage better, along with having a good story as well. Really, it's just the first episode where the carnage is considered excessive, and then after that, it really just peters out into a rather shallow buddy-buddy show, in other words, it's a one-trick pony.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-15 00:01:35 Reply

At 4/14/14 11:55 PM, orangebomb wrote: I've noticed that someone voted Cowboy Bebop a 7.5 and Elfin Lied a 10. I get that people have different opinions and tastes, but CB is an anime classic, whereas Lied was more memorable for having a high degree of shock and awe more so than just being memorable. Take all of the "philosophical" stuff aside, {it seems like a lot of people are fond of putting quasi-philosophical stuff in anime that doesn't really fit or even need it at all} Elfin Lied is just another anime that has excessive blood and guts for pure shock value, more so than anything else, and while I think EL is a decent anime overall, there are many better shows that do blood and carnage better, along with having a good story as well. Really, it's just the first episode where the carnage is considered excessive, and then after that, it really just peters out into a rather shallow buddy-buddy show, in other words, it's a one-trick pony.

Not only that, the rating was based from the enjoyment he had from reading the manga. When it comes to rating an anime series, one can't do just that as the two are still different medias. Elfen Lied is one of the series where the anime starts to diverge from the manga storyline, never mind the fact that Nana was nerfed in the anime in her fight against Mariko.

Is there an end to Nana's suffering?

And to think people gave Victory Gundam tons of flack for overdoing the body count where Uso is essentially the proto-type and the inspiration for Shinji Ikari.

Uso's mom does gave a nice head though.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-15 00:38:07 Reply

At 4/14/14 09:45 PM, Jackho wrote: It tries so hard to be messed up that by the halfway point they have to cut a little girl's limbs off and beat a puppy to death to attempt to get a rise out of the viewer.

I'll admit that at some points there were definitely parts that felt they were put in to get a rise out of the viewer, but I personally found they made sense from a narrative point of view. For example, cutting off Nana's limbs set her up for being more vulnerable than the average diclonius under pressure (as she needed to use vectors to control her artificial ones). The puppy was Lucy's breaking point, she was fairly tolerant of humans until they senselessly killed her only friend.

With that list I can see you're fairly inexperienced with anime (and perhaps to serious or "deep" art in general?) so maybe you'll see why Elfen Lied fails to impress most people once you have a better reference point.

I will completely concede this point, until about 6 months ago my only experience with anime was Full Metal Panic!, so I've been trying to absorb as much as I can, and I feel like I'm starting to get into it and appreciate a lot more.

I don't want to keep bashing something you enjoy here, but try watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. A show that, imo, excels everywhere than Elfen Lied falls flat. They're prime targets for comparison (along with Mirai Nikki, which you might like as it's essentially this decade's Elfen Lied) for both being "messed up" with deep characters, but to me Eva is so far ahead of EL in every aspect.

Holy shit I can't believe I forgot to put Evangelion on my list, but I assure you I have seen it, I actually watched it right before Elfen Lied. From a story standpoint I liked the animes about equally, but EL felt like it was so much more open about using devices like nudity and gore (yeah yeah cheesy-ass reasons to like it) to tell the story. Evangelion's scenes with Rei and Shinji on a train are some of my favorite narrative scenes of any media I've consumed and their use of tech intrigued me deeply. However, as generic of a plot device as it is, I found that Kouta from EL uncovering his amnesia made for a really strong vehicle to move the story forward. Evangelion's big overarching "what are Angels/EVAs" was also really good, but not as interesting to me.

It may be because I haven't seen the movies (which I hear tie a lot of stuff together) or read the manga (which would be beneficial for obvious reasons), but I didn't enjoy Evangelion as much as Elfen Lied. Of course, that's not to say I didn't enjoy it because I did thoroughly, but for the reasons outlined above, I found EL to be more to my tastes. I'll also look into Mirai Nikki after I'm done Gantz or something Sense-Offender suggested.

@Sense-Offender

I have looked into Darker than Black, Blue Gender, and Berserk before, I'll have to keep these suggestions in mind. If I get tired of Gantz I'll probably switch onto either one of those or Mirai Nikki.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-15 02:10:39 Reply

At 4/15/14 12:38 AM, DM692 wrote: It may be because I haven't seen the movies (which I hear tie a lot of stuff together) or read the manga (which would be beneficial for obvious reasons)

The End of Evangelion is literally my favorite film. The new ones (rebuild) are good but mostly just eye-candy, throwing out most of the psychological stuff and each character's traumas for more fan service and action. It's basically Evangelion for people who didn't like Evangelion. Even so I still consider them to be very good by anime or general film standards, but they never live up to the original. 2.22 is especially awesome.

I wouldn't worry so much about reading the manga, as it was only created to generate publicity for the anime before release and it's made entirely by Sadmoto (the character designer) who seems to not fully understand Anno's characters yet doesn't make them his own for fear of annoying fans I guess. The final chapter is completely different to EoE's ending but other than that it's just the same story, somewhat compressed, with a handful of inconsequential little changes to catch you out. It's a fine read if you're a fan and want more, but it's not essential. Death & Rebirth is just a ~50 minute recap so it's not important either, but I like it.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-15 05:04:03 Reply

with gantz and berserk the manga versions are a lot better. while berserk isn't finished, there are a lot of volumes out, it's one of the definitive works in the dark fantasy genre.
gantz is kind of the same, the anime is basically just a promo for the manga, which is just an excess of hyper-violence, sex, and over the top, exciting battles, and it is amazing.

an anime i like to recommend to beginners is Kaiji. it's addicting, suspenseful and deep.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-19 15:54:25 Reply

Turns out that link I posted about AOT's season 2 was a fake, but at least you guys get it on Toonami in May. Lucky shits, only Anime on British TV is Pokémon.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-19 20:59:19 Reply

At 4/19/14 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote: Turns out that link I posted about AOT's season 2 was a fake, but at least you guys get it on Toonami in May. Lucky shits, only Anime on British TV is Pokémon.

Thank you for the correction. Toonami comes on tonight.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-21 12:56:33 Reply

At 4/19/14 08:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/19/14 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote: Turns out that link I posted about AOT's season 2 was a fake, but at least you guys get it on Toonami in May. Lucky shits, only Anime on British TV is Pokémon.
Thank you for the correction. Toonami comes on tonight.

Attack on Titan will be added to the Toonami line-up on May 3, when IGPX finishes its latest run. And apparently, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex is being dropped to make room for Beware the Batman on May 10. Damn it, GITS is one of my favorite anime, and it's being replaced by a mediocre show that I thought was cancelled!

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-22 07:56:05 Reply

Most dubbed Anime that are shown in the US aren't worth watching. Plus I think Toonmani would be way better if it came on more frequently

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-23 23:56:37 Reply

At 4/22/14 07:56 AM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Most dubbed Anime that are shown in the US aren't worth watching. Plus I think Toonmani would be way better if it came on more frequently

When Toonami was first on the air it was pretty great. What the Toonami is now is what Adult Swim kinda was back when it first aired. Saturday nights were all anime and they ended it back then with Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack. Pretty good way to go out.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-24 08:37:21 Reply

hello friends. what are you watching this season?

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-26 00:12:03 Reply

I've seen a lot of the Attack on Titan dub, and please tell me I'm not alone when I say 'Holy crap, that is just awful.' I tend to like both dubs and subs. I don't care most of the time. But Attack on Titan's dub is just so many levels of wrong... The TFS Abridged Version is better. I'd rather have all those guys be in charge of the official dub. Just... Mikasa, and Armin's voices just don't do it justice...

Now, on a happier note... I just finished watching Welcome to the NHK for like the ninth time, and it's the best anime I've ever seen. Period.

There. There's my contribution.

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-26 23:44:26 Reply

At 4/24/14 08:37 AM, Wunderbar wrote: hello friends. what are you watching this season?

I don't think I'm going to focus on any new stuff this season. I hopefully will get through most of my backlog by the time classes are over in June and pick stiff up seasonally again

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 00:42:19 Reply

Beware the Batman is horrible and has no place on Toonami.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 12:13:47 Reply

So GTO now has a sequel to the original manga series (which itself is a sequel as well but that's besides the point) where after the events in the final story arc, Onizuka was sent to prison.

I can guess what the reason is but either way I'm excited because that means there will be more GTO.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 18:09:30 Reply

At 4/27/14 12:13 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So GTO now has a sequel to the original manga series (which itself is a sequel as well but that's besides the point) where after the events in the final story arc, Onizuka was sent to prison.

I can guess what the reason is but either way I'm excited because that means there will be more GTO.

The first chapter has been scanlated by KIKE scans already. Definitely picking it up, but I still need to read Shonan Junai Gumi -- in french, no less, because I'm pretty sure Vertical hasn't released the full series yet.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-28 00:04:26 Reply

At 4/27/14 06:09 PM, towelie101 wrote:

The first chapter has been scanlated by KIKE scans already. Definitely picking it up, but I still need to read Shonan Junai Gumi -- in french, no less, because I'm pretty sure Vertical hasn't released the full series yet.

I wish Shonan Junai Gumi had a more proper anime adaptation, it deserves better than an OVA. Then again it was GTO that brought much of the attention in the first place but still, in that series you get to see Ryuuji being involved alot more and not to mention Nagisa's split personality disorder brought on by Stockholm Syndrome (it is mentioned in GTO that she was studying psychology, I wonder why...).

Saejima was somewhat of a joke character though but the series brought in a bit more when it comes to some of the characters' background.

Not to mention it was before Onizuka became a super human in GTO so you get to see him getting beaten up.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-28 20:18:41 Reply

I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore. I've finished the anime and I was interested in knowing what happened after the end of the anime. I really wish they would make a second season. Just reading it is kinda boring. I'd like to see the action animated.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 02:37:37 Reply

At 4/24/14 08:37 AM, Wunderbar wrote: hello friends. what are you watching this season?

PIng Pong anime.
The manliest anime this season by far.

At 4/28/14 08:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore. I've finished the anime and I was interested in knowing what happened after the end of the anime. I really wish they would make a second season. Just reading it is kinda boring. I'd like to see the action animated.

The anime ending is not canon. ITs still going on. I was reading it on my phone before I got mugged, but yeah, its worth the read.

Now, why was Kill la Kill so over rated?
Its not a bad anime by any means, but its really a regular shonen when it comes to story structure.
By regular shonen I mean:
-Main character starts sorta strong. Antagonist is way stronger.
-Antagonoist sends underlings who are also strongest than MC.
-MC magically gains a new ability and kicks the chump in turn.
Rinse and repeat till anime is done. IT takes a twist when its revealed that Raygo is the true villain, but it retakes the same structure.
The story was pretty good though, had some pretty "edge of the seat" moments, good comedy, and had a sort of a Gurren Lagann feel towards the end. I liked that.
So yeah, thats my opinion on Kill la Kill.

Gatchaman Crowds is still better than any of that shit fuck its full of holes plot. Hajime is my waifu get your hands off her nya desu ka~.

Shit.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 05:44:04 Reply

At 4/28/14 08:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore.

I've not watched the anime myself but i've been reading the manga for a long time. I've kind of lost track of everything that is and has happened but i'm still caught up. Honestly I don't even like Claymore that much it's a solid 6.5~7/10 series to me but I like it enough to stick with it I guess. I just find Priscilla to be the most absolutely boring villain and later and later on things just seem to be a little too talky for such a series that's really pretty shallow at the end of the day. I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it if they're interested but it's not one i'd really reccommend.

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 08:33:43 Reply

At 4/29/14 02:37 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Now, why was Kill la Kill so over rated?

the unnecessary symbolism and overblown plot twists ruined it for me, seems like it was just spoonfeeding people reasons to call the anime deep. i'm disappointed it turned out that way because the first 3 episodes were amazing, exactly what i was expecting in a good way. trigger were clearly running out of ideas/budget after the naturals election started and good characters like tsumugu were reduced to nothing but a side show, but at least we got to see more mako and her hilarious scene ruining antics, that never got old.

i'm happy for trigger though, their main character took 23 episodes to start developing and the anti-spiral of this series was a fuck huge ball of wool, but at least the anime raked in enough money for them to start LWA2 at some point in the next decade.

Anime Club

­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 10:24:14 Reply

At 4/29/14 05:44 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 4/28/14 08:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore.
I've not watched the anime myself but i've been reading the manga for a long time. I've kind of lost track of everything that is and has happened but i'm still caught up. Honestly I don't even like Claymore that much it's a solid 6.5~7/10 series to me but I like it enough to stick with it I guess. I just find Priscilla to be the most absolutely boring villain and later and later on things just seem to be a little too talky for such a series that's really pretty shallow at the end of the day. I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it if they're interested but it's not one i'd really reccommend.

I agree with you that the villains aren't that great. Most of them are too overpowered, especially Priscilla. They need to be seriously nerfed.

One other thing in Claymore that bothers me is that some of the strong, high-ranking warriors died way too quickly and easily without even getting a chance to put up any fight. They should've atleast gone down in a more dignified manner, rather than dying in the blink of an eye and looking like fodder.

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 11:12:02 Reply

At 4/29/14 10:24 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 4/29/14 05:44 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I agree with you that the villains aren't that great. Most of them are too overpowered, especially Priscilla. They need to be seriously nerfed.

One other thing in Claymore that bothers me is that some of the strong, high-ranking warriors died way too quickly and easily without even getting a chance to put up any fight. They should've atleast gone down in a more dignified manner, rather than dying in the blink of an eye and looking like fodder.

Yeah, the only thing that bugs me about Claymore is that, Pricilla is too damn strong. They could have ended the manga quite a lot of times already by killing heroff but I think they keep her to milk the cow entirely. And her character is so bland, the abyssal ones had more personality than she does.

At 4/29/14 08:33 AM, Wunderbar wrote:
At 4/29/14 02:37 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Now, why was Kill la Kill so over rated?
the unnecessary symbolism and overblown plot twists ruined it for me, seems like it was just spoonfeeding people reasons to call the anime deep. i'm disappointed it turned out that way because the first 3 episodes were amazing, exactly what i was expecting in a good way. trigger were clearly running out of ideas/budget after the naturals election started and good characters like tsumugu were reduced to nothing but a side show, but at least we got to see more mako and her hilarious scene ruining antics, that never got old.

i'm happy for trigger though, their main character took 23 episodes to start developing and the anti-spiral of this series was a fuck huge ball of wool, but at least the anime raked in enough money for them to start LWA2 at some point in the next decade.

Honestly, I watched without looking out for any symbolism, since the fans were really obnoxious about "muh rite of passage symbolism" or "muh puberty symbolism", I just watched it for wat it was. Girls barely clothed kicking each other crotches and was really enjoyable. And yeah, all of Mako interventions were really funny, I just loved this one, being an Alien fan and all.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 12:11:53 Reply

At 4/29/14 11:12 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Honestly, I watched without looking out for any symbolism, since the fans were really obnoxious about "muh rite of passage symbolism" or "muh puberty symbolism", I just watched it for wat it was. Girls barely clothed kicking each other crotches and was really enjoyable.

doesn't end there, i've seen a handul of convoluted charts and diagrams depicting tons of symbolism that has absolutely 0 relevance to the anime, as if it makes it better in some way.

And yeah, all of Mako interventions were really funny, I just loved this one, being an Alien fan and all.

that was sarcasm but at least mako wasn't as bad as nui or nonon.

BBS Signature
Spooky
Spooky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 12:42:36 Reply

Lol at people trying to look deeply into Kill la Kill. It was a fun show. I enjoyed it. It wasn't remotely deep. People are just kidding themselves if they think that. And no, it isn't a deconstruction of current anime or whatever. Save it for Eva

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 14:00:45 Reply

Funny thing is that last night I had a dream where Joe Yabuki helps an alien (somewhat an ET ripoff) get home. Afterward, Joe went to face Jose Mendoza in his final match.

Then I check out mangahere and found out this have been finished scanned and translated last night!

That was quicker than I expected ever since someone came and picked it up.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 15:38:41 Reply

At 4/29/14 12:11 PM, Wunderbar wrote:
that was sarcasm

Work on your sarcasm.

but at least mako wasn't as bad as nui or nonon.

Here, have some random overpowered bitch with no background whatsoever.
Huh? Where she is from? she came with the fibers.

END OF NUI BACKSTORY.

And Nonon was alright I guess, i love/hate her voice.
I hate people posting smug Nonon pictures everywhere.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 17:23:00 Reply

At 4/29/14 03:38 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
that was sarcasm
Work on your sarcasm.

ひにく? ごめんなさい , カキは私の体質に合わない

if anyone is interested, the first chapter of kunihiko ikuhara's new project is out. not sure if any scanlating groups are picking it up, but shoujo kakumei utena and mawaru penguindrum are two of my all-time favs and the world probably be a better place if everyone watched them, so hopefully this goes somewhere.

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 20:13:34 Reply

At 4/29/14 05:23 PM, Wunderbar wrote:
At 4/29/14 03:38 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
that was sarcasm
Work on your sarcasm.
ひにく? ごめんなさい , カキは私の体質に合わない

Y-you too.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 20:52:14 Reply

New chapter of Bleach manga comes out tomorrow. I hope it'll be good.

The past several chapters haven't really been that interesting. The fight between Kenpachi and Gremmy is getting so repetitive and boring. Basically, it's just Gremmy using his ridiculous imagination power to conjure up something to try to kill Kenpachi, but Kenpachi overcomes it every time.

The fight has dragged on for way too long now. The last chapter ended with Gremmy falling to the ground, but I don't think it's over yet. I wish Kubo would just finish this fight already and show us what the other characters are up to.

BBS Signature