New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-19 20:59:19 Reply

At 4/19/14 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote: Turns out that link I posted about AOT's season 2 was a fake, but at least you guys get it on Toonami in May. Lucky shits, only Anime on British TV is Pokémon.

Thank you for the correction. Toonami comes on tonight.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-21 12:56:33 Reply

At 4/19/14 08:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/19/14 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote: Turns out that link I posted about AOT's season 2 was a fake, but at least you guys get it on Toonami in May. Lucky shits, only Anime on British TV is Pokémon.
Thank you for the correction. Toonami comes on tonight.

Attack on Titan will be added to the Toonami line-up on May 3, when IGPX finishes its latest run. And apparently, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex is being dropped to make room for Beware the Batman on May 10. Damn it, GITS is one of my favorite anime, and it's being replaced by a mediocre show that I thought was cancelled!

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-22 07:56:05 Reply

Most dubbed Anime that are shown in the US aren't worth watching. Plus I think Toonmani would be way better if it came on more frequently

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-23 23:56:37 Reply

At 4/22/14 07:56 AM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Most dubbed Anime that are shown in the US aren't worth watching. Plus I think Toonmani would be way better if it came on more frequently

When Toonami was first on the air it was pretty great. What the Toonami is now is what Adult Swim kinda was back when it first aired. Saturday nights were all anime and they ended it back then with Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack. Pretty good way to go out.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-24 08:37:21 Reply

hello friends. what are you watching this season?

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-26 00:12:03 Reply

I've seen a lot of the Attack on Titan dub, and please tell me I'm not alone when I say 'Holy crap, that is just awful.' I tend to like both dubs and subs. I don't care most of the time. But Attack on Titan's dub is just so many levels of wrong... The TFS Abridged Version is better. I'd rather have all those guys be in charge of the official dub. Just... Mikasa, and Armin's voices just don't do it justice...

Now, on a happier note... I just finished watching Welcome to the NHK for like the ninth time, and it's the best anime I've ever seen. Period.

There. There's my contribution.

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-26 23:44:26 Reply

At 4/24/14 08:37 AM, Wunderbar wrote: hello friends. what are you watching this season?

I don't think I'm going to focus on any new stuff this season. I hopefully will get through most of my backlog by the time classes are over in June and pick stiff up seasonally again

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 00:42:19 Reply

Beware the Batman is horrible and has no place on Toonami.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 12:13:47 Reply

So GTO now has a sequel to the original manga series (which itself is a sequel as well but that's besides the point) where after the events in the final story arc, Onizuka was sent to prison.

I can guess what the reason is but either way I'm excited because that means there will be more GTO.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-27 18:09:30 Reply

At 4/27/14 12:13 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So GTO now has a sequel to the original manga series (which itself is a sequel as well but that's besides the point) where after the events in the final story arc, Onizuka was sent to prison.

I can guess what the reason is but either way I'm excited because that means there will be more GTO.

The first chapter has been scanlated by KIKE scans already. Definitely picking it up, but I still need to read Shonan Junai Gumi -- in french, no less, because I'm pretty sure Vertical hasn't released the full series yet.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-28 00:04:26 Reply

At 4/27/14 06:09 PM, towelie101 wrote:

The first chapter has been scanlated by KIKE scans already. Definitely picking it up, but I still need to read Shonan Junai Gumi -- in french, no less, because I'm pretty sure Vertical hasn't released the full series yet.

I wish Shonan Junai Gumi had a more proper anime adaptation, it deserves better than an OVA. Then again it was GTO that brought much of the attention in the first place but still, in that series you get to see Ryuuji being involved alot more and not to mention Nagisa's split personality disorder brought on by Stockholm Syndrome (it is mentioned in GTO that she was studying psychology, I wonder why...).

Saejima was somewhat of a joke character though but the series brought in a bit more when it comes to some of the characters' background.

Not to mention it was before Onizuka became a super human in GTO so you get to see him getting beaten up.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-28 20:18:41 Reply

I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore. I've finished the anime and I was interested in knowing what happened after the end of the anime. I really wish they would make a second season. Just reading it is kinda boring. I'd like to see the action animated.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 05:44:04 Reply

At 4/28/14 08:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore.

I've not watched the anime myself but i've been reading the manga for a long time. I've kind of lost track of everything that is and has happened but i'm still caught up. Honestly I don't even like Claymore that much it's a solid 6.5~7/10 series to me but I like it enough to stick with it I guess. I just find Priscilla to be the most absolutely boring villain and later and later on things just seem to be a little too talky for such a series that's really pretty shallow at the end of the day. I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it if they're interested but it's not one i'd really reccommend.

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 08:33:43 Reply

At 4/29/14 02:37 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Now, why was Kill la Kill so over rated?

the unnecessary symbolism and overblown plot twists ruined it for me, seems like it was just spoonfeeding people reasons to call the anime deep. i'm disappointed it turned out that way because the first 3 episodes were amazing, exactly what i was expecting in a good way. trigger were clearly running out of ideas/budget after the naturals election started and good characters like tsumugu were reduced to nothing but a side show, but at least we got to see more mako and her hilarious scene ruining antics, that never got old.

i'm happy for trigger though, their main character took 23 episodes to start developing and the anti-spiral of this series was a fuck huge ball of wool, but at least the anime raked in enough money for them to start LWA2 at some point in the next decade.

Anime Club

­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 10:24:14 Reply

At 4/29/14 05:44 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 4/28/14 08:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm currently reading the manga for Claymore.
I've not watched the anime myself but i've been reading the manga for a long time. I've kind of lost track of everything that is and has happened but i'm still caught up. Honestly I don't even like Claymore that much it's a solid 6.5~7/10 series to me but I like it enough to stick with it I guess. I just find Priscilla to be the most absolutely boring villain and later and later on things just seem to be a little too talky for such a series that's really pretty shallow at the end of the day. I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it if they're interested but it's not one i'd really reccommend.

I agree with you that the villains aren't that great. Most of them are too overpowered, especially Priscilla. They need to be seriously nerfed.

One other thing in Claymore that bothers me is that some of the strong, high-ranking warriors died way too quickly and easily without even getting a chance to put up any fight. They should've atleast gone down in a more dignified manner, rather than dying in the blink of an eye and looking like fodder.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 12:11:53 Reply

At 4/29/14 11:12 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Honestly, I watched without looking out for any symbolism, since the fans were really obnoxious about "muh rite of passage symbolism" or "muh puberty symbolism", I just watched it for wat it was. Girls barely clothed kicking each other crotches and was really enjoyable.

doesn't end there, i've seen a handul of convoluted charts and diagrams depicting tons of symbolism that has absolutely 0 relevance to the anime, as if it makes it better in some way.

And yeah, all of Mako interventions were really funny, I just loved this one, being an Alien fan and all.

that was sarcasm but at least mako wasn't as bad as nui or nonon.

BBS Signature
Spooky
Spooky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 12:42:36 Reply

Lol at people trying to look deeply into Kill la Kill. It was a fun show. I enjoyed it. It wasn't remotely deep. People are just kidding themselves if they think that. And no, it isn't a deconstruction of current anime or whatever. Save it for Eva

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 14:00:45 Reply

Funny thing is that last night I had a dream where Joe Yabuki helps an alien (somewhat an ET ripoff) get home. Afterward, Joe went to face Jose Mendoza in his final match.

Then I check out mangahere and found out this have been finished scanned and translated last night!

That was quicker than I expected ever since someone came and picked it up.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 17:23:00 Reply

At 4/29/14 03:38 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 4/29/14 12:11 PM, Wunderbar wrote:
that was sarcasm
Work on your sarcasm.

ひにく? ごめんなさい , カキは私の体質に合わない

if anyone is interested, the first chapter of kunihiko ikuhara's new project is out. not sure if any scanlating groups are picking it up, but shoujo kakumei utena and mawaru penguindrum are two of my all-time favs and the world probably be a better place if everyone watched them, so hopefully this goes somewhere.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 20:52:14 Reply

New chapter of Bleach manga comes out tomorrow. I hope it'll be good.

The past several chapters haven't really been that interesting. The fight between Kenpachi and Gremmy is getting so repetitive and boring. Basically, it's just Gremmy using his ridiculous imagination power to conjure up something to try to kill Kenpachi, but Kenpachi overcomes it every time.

The fight has dragged on for way too long now. The last chapter ended with Gremmy falling to the ground, but I don't think it's over yet. I wish Kubo would just finish this fight already and show us what the other characters are up to.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-29 22:36:49 Reply

At 4/29/14 08:52 PM, Vinnyy wrote: New chapter of Bleach manga comes out tomorrow. I hope it'll be good.

The past several chapters haven't really been that interesting. The fight between Kenpachi and Gremmy is getting so repetitive and boring. Basically, it's just Gremmy using his ridiculous imagination power to conjure up something to try to kill Kenpachi, but Kenpachi overcomes it every time.

The fight has dragged on for way too long now. The last chapter ended with Gremmy falling to the ground, but I don't think it's over yet. I wish Kubo would just finish this fight already and show us what the other characters are up to.

yeah. this fight is so bad that i was convinced yachiru had turned gremmy's power around and imagined kenpachi coming to save her for the first few chapters, the only highlight has been some of the hilarious mistranslations of his shikai.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-04-30 16:57:59 Reply

I just finished watching Robot Girls Z and honestly, it was the worst anime I've ever watched.

The humor isn't funny. I think they tried too hard to be funny. The references to the Go Nagai's super robots were bad and most of the characters were just annoying. Overall, the anime sucked. I can tell why it was cancelled after episode 3.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-03 12:20:33 Reply

I finished off Ouran Highschool Host Club the other day. This is a show that was surprisingly good. I decided to watch it a while back because it had good reviews and was going cheap, but at the same time I was really unsure if I'd like it, given that it looked a bit girly. It was just a pleasant show to watch with a sort of feel good vibe to it.

Decided to take a change and give Code Geass a go. Know almost nothing about it but I hear it's one of the higher rated series. Was hoping that would have arrived today but unfortunately not.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-03 12:30:49 Reply

At 5/3/14 12:20 PM, Dean wrote: I finished off Ouran Highschool Host Club the other day. This is a show that was surprisingly good. I decided to watch it a while back because it had good reviews and was going cheap, but at the same time I was really unsure if I'd like it, given that it looked a bit girly. It was just a pleasant show to watch with a sort of feel good vibe to it.

It is a shoujo series so the design will look a bit girly, doesn't stop me from looking at Skip Beat manga (though the story have slowed a bit recently).

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-03 12:58:44 Reply

At 5/3/14 12:30 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: It is a shoujo series

I'm totally lost when people start using these terms. I'll occasionally watch anime now and again, but I always feel so out the loop when it comes to discussing it :(

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-04 18:19:44 Reply

At 5/3/14 09:49 PM, Vnzi wrote: First off, I need some help deciding on what to watch. I have a choice of either Jojo's third arc so far or catch up with NGE again.

Haven't seen NGE. Blue Gender is an awesome mech anime. I've only seen the older JJBA.

Second, my friends are forcing me to watch SAO so I might not survive the night. Wish me luck.

What a freaking overrated show. It's mediocre at best.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-05 11:18:21 Reply

At 5/5/14 12:53 AM, Vnzi wrote:
At 5/4/14 06:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Haven't seen NGE. Blue Gender is an awesome mech anime. I've only seen the older JJBA.
I remember seeing Blue Gender on a DBZ DVD in the trailers for things and I remember being really interested in that show. I still want to watch it, but I don't know if it's up to par of my childhood expectations.

Might that have been the movie Lord Slug? I remember seeing a trailer on the VHS for that when I was 12 years old (before the show started airing on AS) and I still wanna know what that music is.

What a freaking overrated show. It's mediocre at best.
SAO is on the top of my list of worse animes ever, and it still baffles me how anyone would actually want to watch that.

hah. Well, I don't completely dislike it, but its popularity confuses me. I think it's okay, at least until the Alfheim arc when it just sucked. But even before that, it wasn't that good, just meh. As far as worst anime I've seen, I'd say Inuyasha, Naruto, Pokemon, Digimon, Vampire Wars and Mars of Destruction. Plus, Beyblade, if we're counting anime of which I've never actually sat through a whole episode. Jesus, give me fucking Vampire Wars over that. I keep waking up during the week to that show and I just want to murder the voice actors. It's like CN's morning lineup is meant to convince those who fall asleep watching AS to off themselves. I dunno why it's called Hero 108, but if that's a head count, I'm advocating mass murder via nuke for once.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-05 16:22:59 Reply

At 5/5/14 03:18 PM, Vnzi wrote:
Oh god don't even get me started on that series. Based on a gimmick, of course it's going to be bad. At least Yugioh puts some effort into it.

To be fair, Yu-Gi-Oh did started out as a horror manga and the card game was a plot device that the author put in because he happens to be a fanboy of MTG, just didn't think it would become popular enough to hijack the series.

While the card games are fun, I actually like the series before the card game plot took over.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-05 16:29:58 Reply

At 5/5/14 04:26 PM, Vnzi wrote:
At 5/5/14 04:22 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: To be fair, Yu-Gi-Oh did started out as a horror manga and the card game was a plot device that the author put in because he happens to be a fanboy of MTG, just didn't think it would become popular enough to hijack the series.

While the card games are fun, I actually like the series before the card game plot took over.
Wow, I didn't know that. Might look for the original manga if it's any good, but right now I'm working on catching up with Jojo.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/yu_gi_oh/

Here you go.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
SithCorduroy
SithCorduroy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2014-05-06 01:14:05 Reply

I watched my first anime in years.

It's called Invisible Stud. It's about a guy who turns invisible and molests girls.

Brilliant storytelling.

Anime Club