00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

300,561 Views | 6,215 Replies

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 15:38:37

At 8/10/08 03:30 PM, Corky52 wrote: Post your point totals after the official list is posted. The official list will be posted between sometime tonight and tomorrow.

ok, but i wont be able to do next week because i'm going on holiday..
leaving on tuesday shall return within 7 days.
going dubai for any of you that care lol..
sorry guys.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 16:17:15

At 8/10/08 01:59 PM, X3cutioner wrote: on another note, when should i post up my points?

Post them whenever you are done with reviewing. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 17:29:47

At 8/7/08 09:08 PM, Bezman wrote: Movie Requests:(11)
Game Requests:(1)
Audio Requests:(20)
Spotlighted Recommendations: (2)

Just a quick suggestion, Bezman... wouldn't it be easier to set it out in this format? Either that or add the Spotlight submissions to the actual list of requests and mark them as spotlighted?

Hell it's been an interesting week. Got all of the requests for this week dealt with, so I've already started on next week's stuff - with Clock Day coming up, I suppose I'd better plough through as many as possible.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 20:05:49

I was here for a few weeks, but my schedule is too crazy to keep up with the demands of this club.

I'll probably come back after cross country is over. But 10 miles a day, plus school work, plus reviewing is too much.

See you in.. around 5 months I suppose.

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 21:47:24

CLUB INFO (these are the pieces of info you're looking for)

General Rules for Requesters:
If you are planning on requesting reviews, please:
- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 requests within one week.
- Do us a favour and respond to our reviews.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you request.
- Do NOT request without posting a link.
- Do NOT just say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.

General Rules for New Reviewers:
If you are planning on completing requests, please do the following:
- Post in this thread to let us know you'd like to join.
- Understand the points system and keep track of your own score. You will only be added to the list if you post your own score within the first week.

**Please also keep track of your own points. If you see something missing, it's probably a mistake**
**To be on the list, you must make at least one review, posters only will not be counted**

5 points for a review on a requested movie/game
7 points for a review on a requested audio
+1 point for putting "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review
3 points for posting at least once throughout the week
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post)
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations for that week

Club updates
Each Sunday or Monday, Haggard or Shanus currently create a list of all the members, counting up their points, calculating various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions listed, you will get points for them on the following members' update, 6 or 7 days later.

On Thursday, Bezman currently creates a list of all requests and recommendations made up until then, since the previous thursday. This can be seen as a 'preview' of the list that will accompany the following members' update on Sunday/Monday. The points for these are tallied 10 days later.

Requests made between the 'preview list' and the 'members' update' carry over to the next preview list. So you will always have over 9 days to finish the reviews. (Feel free to review submissions as soon as they are requested!)

Plaintext version here. If a new page hase begun and this info has not been posted yet, please copy the text in the link above and post it, thus keeping this info at the top of each page.

At 8/10/08 08:05 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: I was here for a few weeks, but my schedule is too crazy to keep up with the demands of this club.

I'll probably come back after cross country is over. But 10 miles a day, plus school work, plus reviewing is too much.

See you in.. around 5 months I suppose.

Good luck.

Stay funky and don't be a stranger.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 22:51:18

Bezman thanks for thursday list did you make a mistake? you put chaper three in twice. Also you missed out chapter 4 and five i know it was only a preview so sorry ,i dont mean to sound picky.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-10 23:56:19

At 8/10/08 05:29 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Just a quick suggestion, Bezman... wouldn't it be easier to set it out in this format? Either that or add the Spotlight submissions to the actual list of requests and mark them as spotlighted?

Well, I add the spotlighted stuff to the totals of the other sections, so you can easily see how many games/movies/APsubmissions there are to review. As a reviewer, I'd prefer the spotlighted stuff was tallied up with the relevant category.

What would you guys prefer?

Anyways, I'm only able to do a few more updates before I hopefully head off to Paisley Uni.

Hell it's been an interesting week. Got all of the requests for this week dealt with, so I've already started on next week's stuff - with Clock Day coming up, I suppose I'd better plough through as many as possible.

Do you actually look forward to clock day?

To my mind, there's not a massive increase in stuff worth watching. Much of it isn't worth reviewing seriously imo. But then, I think the only decent NG holiday is probably Pico day.

At 8/10/08 10:51 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Bezman thanks for thursday list did you make a mistake? you put chaper three in twice. Also you missed out chapter 4 and five i know it was only a preview so sorry ,i dont mean to sound picky.

Yep - a mistake.

Chapter 3 should obviously only be there once.

Chapter 4 was excluded because 3 submissions/week are allowed, whilst #5 hadn't even been requested when I posted the list.

Thanks for mentioning it. I'll fix the text file on my site... done. So it should be sorted when Haggard pastes it it.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 02:58:00

I have two versions of the same piece I would like some reviews for.

Arecibo Theme (Ver. 1)

Arecibo Theme (Ver. 2)

Thank you.

"I like to put on the Backstreet Boys and have men hit me with wet towels...." - Billy Corgan

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 03:08:02

Would you guys plz reveiw my music video? i cant beleive it passed! BTW vote 5 or w/e you feel like voting

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 2883

Thats the link homes

Can i join the reveiw request club? Ill reveiw this last guy that posted...

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 03:11:13

BTW i cant join i forgot i was banned for posting a chain mail which my cousin actually posted...Do you think i could get my ban lifted somehow? its been like 1-2 years..

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 08:40:56

At 8/10/08 11:56 PM, Bezman wrote:
At 8/10/08 05:29 PM, Coop83 wrote: Just a quick suggestion, Bezman... wouldn't it be easier to set it out in this format? Either that or add the Spotlight submissions to the actual list of requests and mark them as spotlighted?
Well, I add the spotlighted stuff to the totals of the other sections, so you can easily see how many games/movies/APsubmissions there are to review. As a reviewer, I'd prefer the spotlighted stuff was tallied up with the relevant category.

I never had any idea why milinko ever bothered to keep the spotlight submissions separate - I just wanted to flesh out the Flash submissions as we had shed loads of Audio and hardly any flash about a year ago :(

Do you actually look forward to clock day?

Of course I do. You mean you don't?

To my mind, there's not a massive increase in stuff worth watching. Much of it isn't worth reviewing seriously imo. But then, I think the only decent NG holiday is probably Pico day.

I'll continue my struggle to get a Blam point on the 15th of August this year! There are some good flash out there that I want to review - 2 from Bahamut; a couple from StrangeClock for example. I'll be taking the day off and sitting in front of the computer, wading through the spam

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 11:38:50

At 8/10/08 11:56 PM, Bezman wrote:
At 8/10/08 05:29 PM, Coop83 wrote:

I'd prefer it the way Coop suggested it.

At 8/11/08 11:35 AM, Corky52 wrote:
At 8/11/08 09:11 AM, Haggard wrote: 8. 0982 | 126/126 | 100,00 | 14/14 | Corky52
I have a quick question. What exactly does the 14/14 stand for?

You did 14 requests out of 14 (because you couldn't review one request, due to being co-authored. So it's 14 requests for you, not 15).

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 12:29:58

why wasn't i on that list of members and stats??

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 13:23:25

both of my flashes plz

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 13:25:57

At 8/11/08 12:29 PM, X3cutioner wrote: why wasn't i on that list of members and stats??
At 8/11/08 09:11 AM, Haggard wrote: X3cutioner will be added next week, because he hasn't done the list for this, but the one for the next update.

Selfquote FTW!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 13:34:51

At 8/11/08 01:23 PM, piggy123 wrote: both of my flashes plz

You have to make a link to both of your flashes for us to review them. God, I have talked to you about 10 times now about your post quality. It really sickens me and you NEVER read the rules to anything. The rules are on top of this page and if you would of read them you would of known. Anyway, sorry for going off everyone, but this person is really a pain in the ass.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 13:38:50

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 14:06:47

This song is a collab between me and Tamadrum. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated! :D

Best Friends

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 14:16:12

At 8/11/08 01:25 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/11/08 12:29 PM, X3cutioner wrote: why wasn't i on that list of members and stats??
At 8/11/08 09:11 AM, Haggard wrote: X3cutioner will be added next week, because he hasn't done the list for this, but the one for the next update.
Selfquote FTW!

but i did every request from page 174 except the one's sent through today because i'm leaving tomorrow..

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 14:35:18

Would you guys plz reveiw my music video? i cant beleive it passed! BTW vote 5 or w/e you feel like voting

Thats the link homes

what does FTW mean?

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 14:57:44

At 8/11/08 02:16 PM, X3cutioner wrote:
At 8/11/08 01:25 PM, Haggard wrote:
Selfquote FTW!
but i did every request from page 174 except the one's sent through today because i'm leaving tomorrow..

You did none of the reviews that where posted in my update post on page 174.

At 8/11/08 02:35 PM, supery9 wrote: what does FTW mean?

FTW = For teh win.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 15:15:44

ok lol thxxx

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 17:32:20

Hey, man, I'm here to help my buddy KyuubiT. He's an audio artist, so listen to some of his songs. He's posted some Megaman songs, and I'm asking ya'll to please review!

Thanks
~Ninjakoopa-33

Megaman 2 - Flashman

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 17:46:20

Nobody wants to reveiw mine?!?!

Thats the link homes

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-11 22:18:17

Another audio submission from KyuubiT. This is another song from Megaman 2.
I'm here to help spread the word of his music.

Please listen first before you review. Leave positive comments and/or constructive criticism.

Thanks to all who review.
~Ninjakoopa-33

Megaman 2 - Bubbleman

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-12 08:54:14

Movie/Game Reviews:(6 + Spotlight)
Audio Reviews:(2 + Spotlight)

Current Points: 431

5 points for a review on a requested movie/game 5 x 7 = 35
7 points for a review on a requested audio 7 x 3 = 21
+1 point for putting "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review 1 x 12
3 points for posting at least once throughout the week
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post)
7 points for reviewing all requests for that week 7

Total Points: 506

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-12 09:10:54

At 8/11/08 09:11 AM, Haggard wrote: Points | Stats | % rate | weekly | user
1. 6312 | 839/916 | 091,59 | 15/15 | Coop83
2. 4382 | 575/576 | 099,83 | 15/15 | Haggard
3. 3365 | 494/951 | 051,95 | 00/15 | Milinko959

Thyanks for the update, Haggard. Nice work. Thanks also to Bezman for the list of requests

All Requests Completed:
Coop83, Haggard, phantomlassuk, Corky52, UnknownFear

Only 5 completers this week, so we need more committed members.

Additional Comments: TheBellmaker, loogiesquared and X-TERRORIST-X quit the club, SoulMaster71 got booted because of his low completion rate and his long inactivity.

A shame to be losing so many members within such a short period of time. Maybe we shall be more elite in our pursuit of fulfilled requests.

Also, I noticed that my formula for the averages where slightly wrong, so it may be that all the averages of my previous updates are a bit lower than they actually were.

I never noticed, but now they will continue to rise :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-12 10:59:43

Hi

I'd like to request a review for my flash game, Bouncy Bob. It got only few reviews and I didn't get a good view on what could be improved or what the players didn't like about the game. So I'm a bit hanging here, don't know where to go from here :P. So reviews would be more than welcome:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 2800

You can solve pretty much any problem you may have with AS3 by consulting the AS3 Language reference.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-08-12 14:19:41

Accidently had a messed up link :P

Thats the link homes

what does FTW mean?

BBS Signature