00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LightyJaeger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cash for your Flash

32,305 Views | 325 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:13:02

At 2/19/05 01:03 PM, Zendra wrote:
At 2/19/05 12:59 PM, EviLudy wrote: That is fucking ridicoulous (however you spell it.)
A looooot of the great flash artists aren't 18. Why is that reason? Can't you use your parents name?
I think you need to be over 18, to accept money, that has been send from a foreign country.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure if that's true.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:20:42

At 2/19/05 01:13 PM, AnJeLiQ wrote:
At 2/19/05 12:59 PM, EviLudy wrote:
I think you need to be over 18, to accept money, that has been send from a foreign country.
Hmmm... I'm not so sure if that's true.

Yeah, that's a lie. You only need to be 18 to drink your money.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:28:54

Damn the 18 years or Older :(
Although i woulnt win N E ways,
well as long as Newgrounds will be up in the nex 3-5 years, and the 250 bucks keeps going, hey i might aswell give it a try,
maybe i could make a flash that could take me 3 years to make.

But i think its a great idea for the prizes, and to all of u that are complaining that 250$ aint much, but just think... Hes Givign his own money away, and ur complaining? like dont take these things for granted, it was his own decision to start up Newgrounds, and Give away stuff, so dont go bitching about.
Although i am Bitchign myself

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:33:29

What if we've used copyrighted music in our submissions? I can't win this, due to age, but it's just something that has occured to me.

pls dont smoke ur sigs near me

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:37:45

What star syndicate did for 'just some high scores' was horrid.
Bringing money into the situation will probably introduce new levels of e-fraud and cheating.

The idea of giving something back to flash artist's is a good idea, yet it might make amature artists feel inferior to the top dogs more so than ever.

Well, lets see how it goes. Nothing is ever final.

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:50:14

Hey there, I just wanna say it's extremely generous and kind from you guys to do something like that, not only newgrounds.com is a portal where you can get an amazing exposure for your work, for FREE, and there you go giving money prizes on top of that.

I mean just the website with the whole review/vote/profile/front page/awards/board/etc is a big gift to every flash artists around.

I wish you all the success with everything you do. You deserve it.
Too bad I submit something only once a year or so :( haha

Peace
Evil-Dog

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 13:52:29

At 2/19/05 01:33 PM, _Xenon_ wrote: What if we've used copyrighted music in our submissions? I can't win this, due to age, but it's just something that has occured to me.

Yeah, that is a good question. That means people could argue about the music being used in a non-profit production. I don't really have to worry about it I guess, not 18 till June.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 14:10:04

At 2/19/05 01:10 PM, EviLudy wrote:
At 2/19/05 01:03 PM, Zendra wrote: I think you need to be over 18, to accept money, that has been send from a foreign country.

But maybe your daddy want's to sign you in, EviLudy? ;)
I couldn't care less about the money because I probably won't win such a thing anyway, it's more about holding back the underaged users. I'm sick of that crap of the older users bitching off the younger once about their age.

Well, just act with maturity and then we'll see. And besides, he's not "holding back" on underaged users, it's just a legal thing...

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 14:13:27

At 2/19/05 01:33 PM, _Xenon_ wrote: What if we've used copyrighted music in our submissions? I can't win this, due to age, but it's just something that has occured to me.

Actually, this worries me a bit... But since the prize can be seen more as a donation then a payment for the cartoon using copyright music, it can be legal, right?

If I'm worng, can someone who has deeper knowledge of the thing correct me?

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 14:17:18

At 2/19/05 02:10 PM, fR0ZEN wrote:
At 2/19/05 01:10 PM, EviLudy wrote:
Well, just act with maturity and then we'll see. And besides, he's not "holding back" on underaged users, it's just a legal thing...

Yeah, but I would like to hear what the legal reasons are behind that =/. Not that I have anything coming out this month anyways... snap.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 14:26:10

If ur already paying 15 grand per month, how cumz u can manage to fork out ANOTHER $1,250??

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:01:14

At 2/19/05 11:19 AM, Toocool100 wrote: im worried that if this site starts hitting hard times again and you start reducing the prizes or getting rid of them completely. people would be getting mad and upset and leave the site, this depending on how long these prizes last for.

That worries me, too. There's no guarantee we will always be able to afford to have monthly prizes. I just hope that if / when that happens, users will understand and appreciate the fact that we did it when we could. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:02:09

At 2/19/05 11:20 AM, kon_artis1 wrote: hey im just curious. the money you pay to the winner it comes from the company right, it cant come from your pocket can it?

I am the sole owner of the company, so I can either pay the money to myself, or to other people. It's basically my money when it comes down to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:05:04

Using copyrighted music will not disqualify your submission, but it will be considered in the judging process. If there are two submissions that are close and one uses Audio Portal music while the other uses copyrighted music, the one with Audio Portal music will win.

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:11:46

Tom what will happen if somebody steals a submission and by chance it wins, but this is only made apparent after the money has been given to the winner....

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:16:29

the cash sounds like a good idea itll draw out alot of crappy and good artistes to help you get youre blam protect level up. i lke that

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:22:49

Cash for my flash? whoa! I should go back to working on flash again someday... when I have more free time anyway... dude that is so swEEt!

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:29:51

Tom

I think there should be a limit, so each author can only win the prize once each 6 months or something

So Illwillpress, Knox or LF wont win every month

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:35:04

At 2/19/05 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Using copyrighted music will not disqualify your submission, but it will be considered in the judging process. If there are two submissions that are close and one uses Audio Portal music while the other uses copyrighted music, the one with Audio Portal music will win.

That's a great idea. It'll help keep down the amount of copyrighted songs in use, plus give good exposure to the audio portal.

I'm sure now that people know that the audio portal could give them in edge in a close call, much copyrighted music won't be used anyway.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:36:20

At 2/19/05 03:29 PM, Norwegian_Blue wrote: I think there should be a limit, so each author can only win the prize once each 6 months or something

I partially agree, but maybe it should be more like once every 3 months, some authors work fast, and yet their work would still be of high quality and deservant (real word?) of another award.

Thanks for clearing that up, Tom :)

pls dont smoke ur sigs near me

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:38:14

Nice. Very nice.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 15:49:58

WOOT!!

I've just been figuring out some new flash projects...
I don't feel that i've reached my present ability in animation yet...

and now MONEY!! i need money too!! [counts chickens before they hatch]

of course i'll have to wait for next month project, I turn 18 on March 9th... (same date that new South Park episodes come out ^_^)

I hope this works well for NG... It's happy to know that I was here before all the changes... I remember back in the day... heehee

^_^

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:18:12

but i dont have 250 dollars.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:23:21

You should really give prizes to different genres of movies. I have seen many great sprite movies that are well done, unfortunatley mant dont give sprite animators the respect they deserve. A hand drawn movie may be very good but if a sprite comes along thats better but since the author didnt do any thing to actually create, most will shun it.
I know it sounds stupid to many of you but it's hard to explain so screw you it sounds good in ym head

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:34:28

At 2/19/05 04:23 PM, SmartAleck wrote: unfortunatley mant dont give sprite animators the respect they deserve.

Sprite movies, like any other movies, get the score that they deserve based on the general opinion, it's called democracy, Besides, in my opinion, sprites are ugly (low graphic quality ON PURPOSE, that's lame), they are not animated (just moved around and switched with other sprites over time) most of the time. So sprite movies are to be judged like all other types of movies. I see no reason to do it differently. If people don't like sprites, it's like that.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:50:43

At 2/19/05 04:23 PM, SmartAleck wrote: You should really give prizes to different genres of movies. I have seen many great sprite movies that are well done, unfortunatley mant dont give sprite animators the respect they deserve. A hand drawn movie may be very good but if a sprite comes along thats better but since the author didnt do any thing to actually create, most will shun it.
I know it sounds stupid to many of you but it's hard to explain so screw you it sounds good in ym head

I actually believe that is a great idea. But it would kind of get complex. Because how many different genres could there be. Let me think of 5 off the top of my head that might work.
1.) Sprites (Best sprite movie)
2.) Hand Drawn (Best movie graphics wise that was animated)
3.) Action (Best action movie)
4.) Comedy (Best comedy movie)
5.) Miscellanious (for movies that are good, but dont fall into one of the above categories)
In my opinion, these are good categories, but odds are, not many others will agree. People will say, "What if there were no good sprite movies, and 2 really good action movies." And when they say this, i cant help but agree with them. Although it would be nice to have categories like this...it would cause too many problems. The only reason why i would want categories is for giving the award to different types of movies. (I am also submitting 2 Sprite movies with PhoenixCrossX very soon, its the finale to Sonic Matrixa, part one is in my sig.) But... i think it should overall just stay as is to avoid much conflict. But its not up to me...its up to Tom, so whatever he chooses to do is up to him...odds are, he is going to leave it as is...in which i dont blame him at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:52:45

hey this isnt really a reply but i what to know what program you need to make flash

plzzz for the love of dog tell meeeE

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 16:55:16

At 2/19/05 04:50 PM, Smithercell wrote: I actually believe that is a great idea. But it would kind of get complex. Because how many different genres could there be. Let me think of 5 off the top of my head that might work.
1.) Sprites (Best sprite movie)

I don't think people doing Sprite movies should have a category of their own though...I know there's a lot of hard work going into these, but if copyrighted music isn't favored, copyrighted sprites should go through the same process...

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 17:06:32

This si a pretty sweet idea, but even though i wouldn't win anything, kinda makes me sad peopel under 18 don't got a shot, it might stop those really annoying flashes were they just have a picture flashing with some music, if those people got somethin to work for they might stop. possibly

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-19 17:24:53

Maybe I should stop being lazy now...