00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

60,965 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:07:38

I took precaution a while ago when I caught the first breeze, and moved from the dick tip of Florida to Philly so I could help Wade move HEAVY ASS FUCKING DESKS DOWN 2 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS.

My old peoples are getting hammered.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:25:28

It has fully left Collier County. Not a bit left. Power is back everywhere. Hopefully I can get pictures developed and I can get them up on the site! I feel sorry for Lee county(Ft. Myers/Sanibel) They got hit bad.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:25:43

Why did you change your name, Stamper?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:31:16

Wait, whats going to happen to my baby cousin and my house? Oh shit, does anybody know how I can contact them? The phone line is dead, and they are RIGHT in where the hurricane is supposed to hit! Oh God, please, anybody, please tell me how to save them!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:47:13

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on.

I live in the middle of FL, around leesburg, and the hurricane had abunch of stuff north of here, and south of here, but all I got was light rain and a breeze. Charley's a pussy.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:06:04

So any casualties yet? Seriously, I'm concerned.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:13:30

I got an Uncle down in florida. I'm a bit worried, because he's not evacuating, but moving more inland to a friend's house. It's too late for him to get out of there, cause theres only 2 major highways going out of florida, and both are most likely overflowing with traffic.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:15:52

Well this is messed that Charley has entered florida and there goes the East Coast with it and Ironically enough on this day that I posted this message it's friday the 13th.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:17:44

At 8/13/04 10:38 PM, Nintendoman71 wrote: Im in Central Florida.

Not much really happened here....just some rain and wind.

So yea...but I know a lot of other places in Florida had it much worse...Im just glad im in Central :D :(

Yeah. Me too. Nothing. Besides rain and light gusts. Nothing. No hurling winds. No flying cattle. What the hell?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:18:02

my grandparents HAVE to go down and they are leavin 7 in th mornin tomoro, i hope there plane is delayed so they dont get into any turbulance.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:20:16

At 8/13/04 08:42 PM, J_Smooth wrote: Heres my 30 minute update... This was at about 8:30 PM

Sun starting to go down its 8:40 now and its night but its a beautiful sunset...

feh, thats nothing. i didnt read the next few pages of posts, but anyway, you should've seen the sunsets we got here on the 10th. it was just after a tornado warning passed from my ocunty into another one and all these little cotton balls clouds started poking out and it looked really cool because of the way hte sun was shining on them. even without those clouds, the sunsets here are awesome. if i had a digital camera that wasnt tethered to my computer, id take some pics. id also take some pics if it wasnt 10:20 pm here right now...;)

snyggys

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:21:09

i live in miami so i was alright but fort myers got hit BAD there are reports of 3 ppl dead 1 guy in jamaica 2 in fort myers

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:27:58

well i'm in Iowa so i don't have to worry about it and good luck to the ppl in florida

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:30:16

Jeesus. Hope nobody dies.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 00:37:24

This suXoRs! All these old ppl are down there and couldn't get out of the storm because of their fragility....

Btw, that roof that went bye-bye in the news was actually on a shelter, and there were ppl inside. Thankfully they got everyone out and actually managed to get them inside a local high school. SEE!!! Schools are actually good for something! (giggles)

But seriously, I hope everyone down there is ok and there isn't really that much damage to everything and everyone is ok. To those ppl who say Charlie is weak, try going and living where the eye of the storm is/was, THEN make up your mind!!! I know that the weather is bad down there, because up here (Vancouver Island) when the weather gets going, it gets going good! (There's you on Van Isle, and the next land mass over is Japan!!)
Best Wishes to NG members/relations of members,
L_croft :P

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 01:10:15

I feel the repercussions of tha tornada all the way up here! DAMM YOU HUGE SYPHON OF WIND!! AAAAARGH! Another friday ruined.... by bad weather!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 01:20:21

At 8/13/04 04:09 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/13/04 03:55 PM, POOPYKINS wrote: Yeah I heard about that it's gonna bring alot of destruction I hope all people in Florida found a safe place to go.
Ahh, it's nice to see that the Americans only give a damn about themselves again. What about those people in Havanah, Cuba who got / are getting the worst of it at the moment? They don't have access to the sort of supplies and medical treatment available in America.

actualy, Charlie was of a lower, less destructive class when it went through Cuba and the Jamacas. upward of $15 billion in destruction is about to take place in Florida. Damages in Caba and the Jamacas combined were under $0.4 billion

Nice to see interneters thinking only about how they can put other people down again :\

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 01:47:39

Carmilla lives where the hurrican...

:(

That's why she asked me to deposit her experience points...

* Jesus * :(

I hope she's ok... and I hope I can see her soon here...at the forum...

{{{Carmilla}}}

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 01:51:51

At 8/14/04 01:47 AM, UncleOzcar wrote: Carmilla lives where the hurrican...

(
That's why she asked me to deposit her experience points...

* Jesus * :(

I hope she's ok... and I hope I can see her soon here...at the forum...

{{{Carmilla}}}

She's in Brandon I believe, she wasn't that close to the storm. I was closer to it then her, and all I saw was heavy rain and wind. She's fine... as long as she didn't go south.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:14:53

http://image.weather.com/image...op04_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

Looks like it missed Florida. Sux to be in Georgia

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:15:57

my grampa's house in florida (not precisely sure where) got wrecked totally ... trees in it, water flooded, windows smashed. luckily he's up here in canada where it's nice and safe.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:21:57

Kwela kau!Ang ganda ng Newgrounds!Lam ko hindi nio ako naiintindihan!
Malas nio lang ako kc pilipino kau hindi!Live LIFE!!!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:28:18

Ahh...Hope those people have a good place to hide.

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:30:39

At 8/14/04 12:56 AM, aeproductions wrote: Hmm...is it possible for the storm to traverse Florida and head toward the Gulf Coast? If so, then I am pretty screwed.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope everybody gets out ok, and nobody does anything stupid like surfing. Good luck, people in the path of the hurricane.

Acordding to what I last saw it's going to Georgia up through the appalacians, possibly hitting ocea and coming back onshore in Boston, I havn't seena good tropical storm here in a while. It probably will be a tropico storm sometime soon but hey, who knows?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:36:20

Heh, I usually live in Taiwan, first day of school was cancelled for a typhoon. That kinda shit doesn't phaze me anymore.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:36:29

I live in the southern bronx.

Do you think it'll be there?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:39:02

I hate living here. Most of our trees were uprooted. The big avocado tree slammed down on my tool shed. It'll be a while before I can get anything out of there. I can't cut the tree without my chainsaw, which is stuck in the shed. Our cars are ok. Just a few scratches on the side of mine. Two windows broke from the pressure. We should of boarded them up but we ran out of boards. That caused some small flooding in the living room. My neighbor's rv was tipped over. And there are still alot of power lines down and tons of debri from trees on our roads. It knocked out power to my area for 5 hours. Stupid Charlye. I should pack up and move to Philly. Where the only real danger are hungry pigeons.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 02:42:13

Well, I live in Orlando and we got the full force of the storm. Fortunately, my apartment is in the middle of my complex so I had a huge wall of others peoples apartments to protect me. I had some friends out in Poinciana lose thier fences, pieces of thier roofs, and many many missing trees.

I did decide to run out in 70 mph winds like a retard so I could get a pic of myself in the middle of the hurricane. I have to finish the roll and get it developed but I promise to post it if it comes out good.

Best wishes to everyone in Florida who went through this as well.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 03:03:58

I've lived through a lot worse, i lived through Hugo, Fran, Floyd, and Isabel. This really is no tough cookie for me.

I may die in this storm, I may not. All I can do is it, hold up my head and look toward tomorrow. Brace for impact and keep my soul steady, for I cannot shatter. I shall not fall. Fortify myself for my own reason. Even if all I worked for in my life is destroyed, I will always have my pride, dignity and self-respect, so that one day... maybe one day, rebuild what the fury up above have taken from me.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 03:29:17

At 8/13/04 04:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Also, take your "American's only give a damn about themselves" and shove it up your ass. We spend more of our taxes helping other nations than any other country, including yours.

excuse me wade, I dont want to be rude. but in my opinion the U.S. does not spend more of thier money on helping people then canada. alot of the states money goes into the army that they are so well known for. but canada puts alot of money out to other countries. this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. but until I am proven otherwise, I will stick with my opinion.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature