Respond to this Topic
supacool
supacool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:15 AM Reply

my grampa's house in florida (not precisely sure where) got wrecked totally ... trees in it, water flooded, windows smashed. luckily he's up here in canada where it's nice and safe.

Tootbook
Tootbook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:16 AM Reply

my grandma and aunt are there i pray for there safe return

Bagels

acekurama12
acekurama12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:21 AM Reply

Kwela kau!Ang ganda ng Newgrounds!Lam ko hindi nio ako naiintindihan!
Malas nio lang ako kc pilipino kau hindi!Live LIFE!!!

Cinderblock
Cinderblock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:28 AM Reply

Ahh...Hope those people have a good place to hide.

Hurricane Charly

JCoke
JCoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 8/14/04 12:56 AM, aeproductions wrote: Hmm...is it possible for the storm to traverse Florida and head toward the Gulf Coast? If so, then I am pretty screwed.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope everybody gets out ok, and nobody does anything stupid like surfing. Good luck, people in the path of the hurricane.

Acordding to what I last saw it's going to Georgia up through the appalacians, possibly hitting ocea and coming back onshore in Boston, I havn't seena good tropical storm here in a while. It probably will be a tropico storm sometime soon but hey, who knows?

Fiestaman
Fiestaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:36 AM Reply

Heh, I usually live in Taiwan, first day of school was cancelled for a typhoon. That kinda shit doesn't phaze me anymore.

Havik-X
Havik-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:36 AM Reply

I live in the southern bronx.

Do you think it'll be there?

HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:39 AM Reply

I hate living here. Most of our trees were uprooted. The big avocado tree slammed down on my tool shed. It'll be a while before I can get anything out of there. I can't cut the tree without my chainsaw, which is stuck in the shed. Our cars are ok. Just a few scratches on the side of mine. Two windows broke from the pressure. We should of boarded them up but we ran out of boards. That caused some small flooding in the living room. My neighbor's rv was tipped over. And there are still alot of power lines down and tons of debri from trees on our roads. It knocked out power to my area for 5 hours. Stupid Charlye. I should pack up and move to Philly. Where the only real danger are hungry pigeons.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 02:42 AM Reply

Well, I live in Orlando and we got the full force of the storm. Fortunately, my apartment is in the middle of my complex so I had a huge wall of others peoples apartments to protect me. I had some friends out in Poinciana lose thier fences, pieces of thier roofs, and many many missing trees.

I did decide to run out in 70 mph winds like a retard so I could get a pic of myself in the middle of the hurricane. I have to finish the roll and get it developed but I promise to post it if it comes out good.

Best wishes to everyone in Florida who went through this as well.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature
BurningAfterTheDawn
BurningAfterTheDawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 03:03 AM Reply

I've lived through a lot worse, i lived through Hugo, Fran, Floyd, and Isabel. This really is no tough cookie for me.

I may die in this storm, I may not. All I can do is it, hold up my head and look toward tomorrow. Brace for impact and keep my soul steady, for I cannot shatter. I shall not fall. Fortify myself for my own reason. Even if all I worked for in my life is destroyed, I will always have my pride, dignity and self-respect, so that one day... maybe one day, rebuild what the fury up above have taken from me.

LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 03:29 AM Reply

At 8/13/04 04:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Also, take your "American's only give a damn about themselves" and shove it up your ass. We spend more of our taxes helping other nations than any other country, including yours.

excuse me wade, I dont want to be rude. but in my opinion the U.S. does not spend more of thier money on helping people then canada. alot of the states money goes into the army that they are so well known for. but canada puts alot of money out to other countries. this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. but until I am proven otherwise, I will stick with my opinion.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
Fired
Fired
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:14 AM Reply

Hurricane Charly was a pussy ass hurricane when it pasted over where i live we all waited up late after boardin up our house with hurricane shutters and then all we got was a pussy tiny little drizzle not even proper wind and then as soon as it passed we heard on the news that it gain strenght and was tearin up the place.

HeadbanginLemon
HeadbanginLemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:17 AM Reply

I live in Virginia and Charlie will be here tommorow....I saw images on the news of what it did to Florida and to be honest i am scared as shit. As Iron Maiden sings "Run to the Hills"

mexxa
mexxa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:30 AM Reply

I love how a lot of you americans who posted dont give a shit about the people being killed in other places such as africa but as soon as your facing catastrophy then you expect every-one to feel sorry for you.

I hope none die but please, i aint seen any-one giving a shit about those africans who are dieing on mass every day because of flooding. More of them are dead then there probably will be americans die, yet to most of you guys who have posted you just ignore such things as if they are people who dont matter as much as you.

Well i sencerilly hope all goes well but please think about other people as well. I am not being racist, i hope you understand im just voicing my opinion on the posts ive read. And dont say you tihnk about yourself and your family first cause yess you do but things in places like africa were bad before this and im just saying how its interesting a lot of you expect people to feel more sorry for you.

HeadbanginLemon
HeadbanginLemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:34 AM Reply

Actually, my parents donate to a foundation who helps feed africans, but it's mainly because of all the torturing going on over there, not just the floods.

mexxa
mexxa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:36 AM Reply

At 8/14/04 04:34 AM, HeadbanginLemon wrote: Actually, my parents donate to a foundation who helps feed africans, but it's mainly because of all the torturing going on over there, not just the floods.

Ye thats why i made clear in my last paragraph that it was just based on the posts ive read. Youre a good man but unfortunaly there arent that many like you.

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:52 AM Reply

I saw Breaking News on CNN this morning. Decided to watch that instead of the Olympics Ceremony, lol.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

LChitman
LChitman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:57 AM Reply

well I hope everyone who is caught by the storm good health and also to the person on the first page who said about americans only caring for them selves well STFU YOU ASS LICKING COCK SUCKER. Why is it loads of ppl from my own country piss me off more than anyone else! Well good luck and good health....

BuRnBoY
BuRnBoY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 04:59 AM Reply

I'm In England so it won't affect me.. but.. hopefully everyone will get through it with both legs and arms.

Darwin7
Darwin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 05:43 AM Reply

I saw that. BIG hurricane. Although technically it's a cyclone.

I'm Darwin7 you can keep the change

BBS Signature
ICY-HURR
ICY-HURR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 05:53 AM Reply

Im in boca raton, florida if i see any wheather that is worth taking a picture i will... no problem.

Check me out!
"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature
AceCoy
AceCoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 06:00 AM Reply

well i live in england and this hurricane is blowing loads of shitty weather over us and some parts of the country are sverely flooded because weve had that much rain.
good luck if ur in florida

Noreb
Noreb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 06:15 AM Reply

hey hope everyone ends up ok and im not a big fan of americans but i dont want to see um die well most at least he he.... but yea people dont get all offencive at others who say like americans dont give much of a care about people in other countrys i meen really its there opinion and some of them make a good point others form opinions from what they've hurd me i think america should help people in africa and other 3rd world countrys more i meen i know they already do but they should do more i meen canada does like 2-3 times more atleast then america im not tryin to be mean im just saying is all anyways good luck people of florida and if u see a flying cow grab ur camera take a pic and <B run your fucking ass off> like theres no tomorow oh then upload pic

DANNYESLOCO
DANNYESLOCO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 06:53 AM Reply

wow category 4, and there are more huricanes comming, theres atleast 2 others in the carribean. Luckuly it past me :)

Darken-X
Darken-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 8/14/04 03:29 AM, wazup190 wrote:

excuse me wade, I dont want to be rude. but in my opinion the U.S. does not spend more of thier money on helping people then canada. alot of the states money goes into the army that they are so well known for. but canada puts alot of money out to other countries. this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. but until I am proven otherwise, I will stick with my opinion.

How can you have an opinion on who spends the most? Clearly the US government puts away more money to foreign aid than any other country. Also, according to a recent survey, per person Americans are the most charitable people the planet. Don't belive me? Buy an Almanac or read the Economist.

P.S. If we are talking % of income giving as foreign aid, then your still wrong; Japan leads in that field.

Darken

megasonic4
megasonic4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 07:54 AM Reply

I hope that everyone stays safe in this hurricane and that no one gets hurt or killed.

Sir-Davey
Sir-Davey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 08:00 AM Reply

Ahaha now florida people will regret building their house with wood.
Seriously, here in europ, we don't have natural disasters, but we are smart enough to use bricks and make basements.
I lived 3 years in california, visited about 100 houses, all made of fucking wood
Seriously. I don't know if it's the same in florida, but wood is just a gay material for houses.

BBS Signature
tartan-skirt
tartan-skirt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 08:26 AM Reply

Can anyone tell me whats being going in the hurricane? From what I hear two people have died in car accidents caused by it...

Scotland doesn't get any hurricanes... or anything interesting...

Megy
Megy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 08:36 AM Reply

Hurricane Charley was a candyass. It was like any another thunderstorm for me. I hate my county now. We didn't have power, but across the street they were watching the Olympics. It was ridiculous. My prayers go out to the people who got worse. I'm watching the news and it looks bad.

Remember the good old days.

BBS Signature
Carmilla
Carmilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Hurricane Charly Aug. 14th, 2004 @ 08:38 AM Reply

I live in Tampa and we got unbelievably lucky that Charley turned. Considering Charley was originally expected to slam into Tampa, the people in my area are all extremely blessed. I guess Friday the 13th was our lucky day!

I feel awful for the people to the South of us. They had not expected Charley to hit there the way it did so they were not nearly as prepared as people in the Tampa area.

a.k.a. Mary
My NG Wiki Page
"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature