00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tshtsh17 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

61,074 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:22:50

At 8/13/04 05:14 PM, Silentrecon wrote: Everyone of the tv news I saw said that it will be a level one when its get to maryland

That sounds fun. Better than that tropical storm we got last year.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:24:52

yea disney is shitting there pants rite now lol

*Cracks up laughing*

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:24:59

I would have to say the funniest thing about this is it is happening on Friday the 13th. All of you superstitious people out there beware :D I may be going to Tennessee for the weekend, that may be better.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:27:22

Man, if Charley moves any more easterly, I'm screwed. We didn't evacuate because we thought it was going toward Tampa. I'm going to find my digital so I can get some pics. Be back soon, hopefully!

Remember the good old days.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:30:19

Holy shit, EVERYone lives in Florida. Well, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad I live in MN.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:34:10

At 8/13/04 05:30 PM, Dizfunktion wrote: Thank god I live in the east coast of florida, We are just getting rain and crap.

can i come stay with u tonite lol

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:37:01

Report from South Beach:

While there are a lot of gray clouds and wind gusts, things are rather mellow here for now. Granted, we had torrential rain last night and will get, if nothing more, more precipitation this evening.

While I'm getting flashbacks of Andrew, what with a giant swirl of green, yellow, and red approaching the coast of Florida on radar, this storm is probably not going to be a threat to South Florida (Miami). However, there have been storms (one in particular in 1920something) that have shocked everyone by swooping southward and hitting Cuba II (the nice thing about living in South Florida is that it's so close to the United States).

As much as I enjoy thunderstorms, I'll survive if this storm opts to not visit. Yay, puns.
-- Scaper-X

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:42:52

I'm in Sarasota, about an hour from Tampa. Right now it's just really windy, rainy, and dark. It doesn't seem to be that bad here since the storm changed course. My dad is in Fort Myers right now, that's where the Charly came ashore. He said he saw a tree fall outside.

Earlier today we we're thinking about leaving and going to my uncle's house, but decided not to after it was confirmed the storm was going further south. As of right now, it doesn't seem so bad. I hope it says that way

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:52:30

At 8/13/04 05:13 PM, SenIsteR wrote:
Also, take your "American's only give a damn about themselves" and shove it up your ass. We spend more of our taxes helping other nations than any other country, including yours.
Im sorry to say it but America aint payin as much tax as we do in Denmark... We pay fuckin 53% to tax!

What the hell does that have to do with my statement? I said the USA spends more money in foriegn aid than any other country. I wasn't saying people in the USA are taxed the most in the world.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:52:36

I am sad to say that a tornado just pulled the roof off a shelter holding over 100 people in it! God help them all. I send my prayers to them.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 17:56:36

I wish everyone in the danger path good luck and to keep safe. I'm sure it will all just blow over and everyone will be fine, but just be cautious all of you down there. Good luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:05:32

Aye, it turned away from Miami. I was thinking that it said to itself: "Miami? Meh, not interesting.".

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:07:42

hmmm, i used to know a bitch named charly. she was so big of a bitch in fact that they apparently named a hurricane after her! :-O

sweet jesus!

I don't like you.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:09:49

At 8/13/04 06:05 PM, PunishedOne wrote: Aye, it turned away from Miami. I was thinking that it said to itself: "Miami? Meh, not interesting.".

It looks like it is going straight for Disney World! W00T!

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:10:04

WOW. It was heading RIGHT torwards me in tampa, and then blue balled me. Im really pissed off because i was up for a little rush, but all i got was a little sprinkle shower, no joke.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:11:28

At 8/13/04 06:09 PM, Megy wrote:
It looks like it is going straight for Disney World! W00T!

And probably this is what it said when it heard about Disney.

"Ooooh, Disney? Sounds like something big! I wanna destroy that!"

And where I'm at, no rain at all. The entire day, not a single drop. Just wind.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:19:06

At 8/13/04 05:52 PM, codemon0420 wrote: I am sad to say that a tornado just pulled the roof off a shelter holding over 100 people in it! God help them all. I send my prayers to them.

I just heard that on the news, Arcadia I believe. Their still there, their not sure what to do with them. They don't wanna move them because the storm is still raging.

I also heard a nursing home collasped. That's awful.

Shit the wind is startin to pick up a little. Still nothing crazy though.

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:21:38

lalalala... god its not even raining here nemore... i wonder if this is good... or am i gonna get SLAMMED in about 30 min...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:28:32

I live in sunrise florida, north of miami and really south of orlando. nothing much here it's just really grey and winds blowing pretty hard, haven't seen wind like this from sometime. it sucked that it went right over cuba cuz it went right through where my grandfather lives and hes really sick and i'm kinda worried about him. ohhhh and my brothers an E.M.T in orlando and he didn't want to come down here b/c he needs some cash but at the sametime he's scared shit less. it's funny b/c the other day i told my dad that charly was a pussy hurricane b/c it was only a cat 1 and that andrew was like 100xs worse and now it's a cat 4........ i hope my bro be ok

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:35:15

I live in Wesley Chapel Florida which is like 20 miles from Tampa!!!1 I have not evacuated. There is only light rain and winds. w00t w00t Florida r0x0rz and hurricane charley r0x0rz more!!!1 See my profile. I do not lie about my location :).

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:36:00

i live in south florida and charley's heading right for me (i live Jupiter) and im gonna die and we're all gonna die and my dogs are gonna die and oh no! my dogs! and i'll say it again wer're all gonna die and i went to blockbusters and all the good games were gone and i had to get Onimusha Blade Warriors and... and...and... well, o_o that's it. if any L33t people didnt get that...ahem..... cHaRlEy pWnZ uZ

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:36:29

Wow, that's awful. I hope that no one gets killed, but things like that tend to be inevitable. Well best of luck to those of you facing the storm. ^o^

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:40:07

I hope everyone in Florida makes it ok. Hurricanes suck, and my area may have had some, but never a category 4.
May everyone in Florida, especially the ones I don't know, live through this horrible storm.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:41:22

I'm not getting a damn thing, thank God. And I'll probably not get anything untill its too dark to take pictures.

All of you that are getting hit hard take some pics!

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:41:47

and it's aaaaalllllll gonna happen on friday the 13th. why do i hear some strange music?? dee dee dee, dee dee dee, dee dee dee.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:42:25

here in colorado we've been having tons of tornados, EVERY night. ever since school started it stopped though -_- and thudnerstorms of course. horrible ones.

anyway, i hope the people in florida are all right. ive been to miami though. it sucks there. its waaaaay too humid and stuff...but i hope that everyone in florida who is in the way of that hurrican is ok. itd be bad to lose all those people, but worse, we'd lose ng members ): (sorry) after livecorpse and zach, itd be really bad to lose hundreds of them.

i saw this quote on someones bbs pic or something:

"1 death is a tradegy, one million deaths is a statistic". Not that a million ppl are gonna die...but its the thought that counts.

snyggys

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:43:29

At 8/13/04 05:16 PM, Snoofalah wrote:
At 8/13/04 04:30 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Damn look at the size of that thing. Even here in north new jersy with have a flood watch!
Goodbye, Disneyworld.

Possibly the only good thing to come from this storm.

*Pictures giant flying Mickey Mouse*

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:45:10

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm. If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on. If you have a digital camera and can safely take pictures, post them with your comments. Good luck to those in the path of this storm.

NOTHING!!! Not even rain at this point, just a bunch of blah zee blah from the tv but we might get some rain here. Largo fl

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:47:25

At 8/13/04 06:21 PM, JenadaeX wrote: i wonder if this is good... or am i gonna get SLAMMED in about 30 min...

lol, it's the eye of the storm aye?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 18:48:04

At 8/13/04 06:45 PM, xenocaster wrote:
At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm. If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on. If you have a digital camera and can safely take pictures, post them with your comments. Good luck to those in the path of this storm.
NOTHING!!! Not even rain at this point, just a bunch of blah zee blah from the tv but we might get some rain here. Largo fl

yea this is getting lame now CMON CHARLIE IM RITE HERE!!! grrr i was hoping for something epic today.. im moving for ft meyers