Be a Supporter!

Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book

  • 804 Views
  • 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 02:07 AM Reply

Hello Newgrounders. Your old uncle Ozcar here. I’ve been in a journey for the last 2 years finding myself and I’ve started writing. I just finished my first book in November 2013 and I will publish it soon, first in Spanish and maybe soon in English too. Anyway, I’m looking for an art partner to draw my book’s characters. This is the first book of 10 I’m about to write, (I’ve written 2 so far and I’m about to finish the third) And I’m not kidding you: First one is a huge book (Around 140,000 words in it) and that's because I’m putting my soul in this thing. So now I’m looking for a person to draw 20 scenes of the first book before I publish it. I want to publish it in April so I’d need the drawings in the early days of March. Are you interested? Let me tell you about the book and if I still get your attention, I’ll tell you what I have in mind.

The book is called "The Diary of Andrea Fay Pollard "

Andrea is a seemingly ordinary 10 year old girl , but since she’s pretty smart, she skipped 2 years in school, going from Fourth grade of Elementary School to Seventh grade of Middle school in a totally new school. Besides having to learn to deal with bullying in her new school, she realizes that she can see and hear things that other people do not see, ghosts, demons and she can even see what other people think ... She even thinks that perhaps she is going crazy, but with the help of her new friends, she learns to understand her "gifts " to master them, use them to help others and even how to survive junior high school. This is basically the plot of the first book.

So, as I told you, I need an art partner. What do I need? A person that could draw the main characters and 20 scenes of the book. There will be money, of course. I’m offering $200US for the work, plus, I’ll give you full credit for the art in the book, your name (or nickname, whatever you ask) will be in the book and your contact info so other people can hire you in the future. Also, I’m thinking in publish a first edition of 3,000 books in Spanish and if the people likes it, I might do a second edition of 10,000. If the book gets good reception, I’ll hire someone to edit it and translate it in English, so it can be published in the US.

Are you still interested? Well, I’ll pick up an artist here. How? Easy. Show me your stuff. Draw one of my book’s characters or the three of them (Description of three of the main characters below) and post the drawing here.

1 - . Andrea Fay Pollard, she is the main character. She's 10 years old, her hair is brown, long enough to pass below her shoulders. She often combs it in a ponytail or brings it loose. She has hazel eyes (green and brown mix) she’s 132cms tall (4 feet and 4 inches). She usually wears jeans and short sleeve shirts. She does not like dresses and never plays with dolls.

2 - . Isis Romero. She’s a 12 year old girl, but she looks older (looks about 14 years) she’s a tall and skinny girl. In the beginning she’s the “bad girl” of the book and Andrea is afraid of her, but Isis also has psychic powers and eventually becomes friends with Andrea. She is thin, around 160cms height (5 feet and 3 inches), her hair is black color and straight, her skin is tanned, and her eyes are amber color. She’s the badass of the story, the anti-heroine. Keep this in mind, because she loves to kick other people’s ass (Literally) and she does it in the book many times, and she doesn't hesitate to do it, even to the teachers of the school. Isis loves to dress herself in jeans and short black sleeve shirts. When school is out, she likes to skateboard and play her electric guitar.

The most complicated could be Uzna. He is a guardian spirit that follows Isis and protects her all the time.

3 - Uzna. He is 220cms of height (7 feet, 3 inches) He is part human, lion, and eagle. Although her legs are like “human”, his feet are like an eagle, with talons. His trunk looks like a human trunk. His body is covered by dark blue feathers, except his chest, where you can see his muscles. His arms are like human arms, but instead of hands, he has lion claws. He has a tail, longer than his legs. In his back, he has eagle wings, each 3 meters long (9 feet, 10 inches long) when they're fully extended.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here and or send me an email to ozcar@newgrounds.com
Thank you!

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 02:54 AM Reply

At 1/18/14 02:07 AM, Ozcar wrote: There will be money, of course. I’m offering $200US for the work, plus, I’ll give you full credit for the art in the book, your name (or nickname, whatever you ask) will be in the book and your contact info so other people can hire you in the future.

I'd just like to say that $200 is an incredibly small amount of money for 23 professional drawings that are going to be used in a commercial work. You're asking skilled people to do work for below minimum wage (unless you're not looking for quality or polish).

Giving full credit in a commercial book illustration context isn't anything extra you're giving to the artist. That's just assumed. You'd have to be a monster not to.

By the way, as an unrelated personal opinion, I think 140,000 words for the first book in a children's book series is too long. Most children's series ease their readers into that sort of length, if they ever even reach it.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 03:22 AM Reply

I have a couple of questions, by the way, about this book.

Why is it that you've been very specific about the two girls in the book being 'unfeminine'? You've got one of them who hates dresses and doesn't play with dolls (do ten year old girls tend to play with dolls? I thought most would move on by them). And you've got another who loves to kick peoples' asses and whose hobbies include skateboarding and electric guitar. Both of them like to wear the same simple outfit of jeans and a short sleeved shirt. There's no problem with girls doing any of these things, but I'm curious why you've decided to go for the same tomboyish idea for both characters. Are they both supposed to be more or less the same person? Do you not think you could get into the mindset of someone 'feminine'? Do you hate the personalities of real young girls? Do you wish you were writing boys? I'm curious.

Also, are you aware that the title of your book is really similar to The Diary of Anne Frank? If you give the name initials it's The Diary of AF(P) and Andrea already has the Anne sound in it. Just something to think about maybe.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 10:10 AM Reply

I guess I had to be more specific with my first post. I'm sorry. But due the fact that my first language isn't English and, as you can see, the post was huge, I couldn't check it before post it.

I'm not looking for professional drawings. As a matter of fact, what I'd like are sketches, black and white sketches. Something an amateur would draw. Why? Because the drawings would be made by a character of the book.

You have to understand 2 things here: This is not a payment. You could see it as a prize, or something like that. As I said, this is my first book, I'm not a professional writer yet. However, I have friends that are professional writers (Most of their work is local, in newspapers) and they really liked my book. Thus, I'm sure the book will be great.

Second, I'll have to use a lot of money to publish the books. I don't have an editor or a publisher to do so. So I'll have to do it by myself. I'd need around $9US dollar to print each book. And the first edition would be around $27,000US Dollar from my own pocket to print. And that's a lot of money!

That's why I didn't say: "Hey guys, I want to hire a person to make some drawings for me." No. What I'm looking for is a partner. I will pay $200US dollar for the 20 sketches, because If I pay more right now, I won't have enough money to pay other stuff. However, since I'm making 3,000 books and I will make other 10,000 more once the book is made this means that:

- You could be acknowledged worldwide once the work is published
- You could even be with me once I publish them worldwide, giving away autographs and that kind of stuff.
- This could be an awesome chance for some unknown artist to get a boost in their artistic career.
- And of course, once the book makes some money back, you'd get money for each book sold. I guessed that was written underlines. Since it's your work, you'd get a small amount for each book and even the chance to work in the second, the third and the other books I want to write. I have the full story in my mind, and I'll I need to do is write it. As I told you, I wrote the first book in last November. I just needed 2 months to write the second and right now I've written 90,000 words from the third.

Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 1/18/14 03:22 AM, Aigis wrote: I have a couple of questions, by the way, about this book.

Why is it that you've been very specific about the two girls in the book being 'unfeminine'?

You can read in the book why, you get to know them with the time.

Andrea is a really smart girl, she has eidetic memory and that's one of the reasons she skipped 2 years of school. His brother, Benjamin, was born in the US. He was 15 years old when Andrea is born and since her parents had to work, he had to take care of Andrea when she was a little kid, so she enjoys the same music and stuff his (now) 25 years old brother does: Rock music, read instead of watch TV, the kind of clothes he uses, etc. She never liked to play with dolls, not even when she was younger, she finds them dull or boring. She rather play video games with his brother and do things a guy would do.

Isis, however, is complicated. All I can say right now is that she was raised by Uzna, her guardian spirit, because her both parents are dead. Isis scares the shit out of Andrea, well, she even scares the shit out of anybody, because she's not used to have other people around her. She's learning to socialize and eventually she notices that Andrea and she have a special bond, from their past.


Also, are you aware that the title of your book is really similar to The Diary of Anne Frank? If you give the name initials it's The Diary of AF(P) and Andrea already has the Anne sound in it. Just something to think about maybe.

LOL

Well, I hadn't noticed it. I was sure the name of Anne Frank's diary was: "The Diary of a Young Girl" not "The Diary of Anne Frank." Anyway, thanks for point it out.

I picked up the name Andrea for many reasons, one of them is because it's a common name in many languages and countries. Andrea's parents were living in Mexico when she was born. Her father, Richard Fay, was born in Nancy (France) and her mother, Andrea Pollard, was born in Bristol (England) Both met each other when they were young in the UPenn (University of Pennsylvania) that's why Benjamin was born in the US and he spent a lot of time living there. Richard had to go to Mexico for a job offer and that's why they moved to this country. Once they were here, they had to name her new born child (Andrea) as "Andrea Fay Pollard" since she was born in a country where kids have to have 2 last names. That's basically why she got that name.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 10:10 AM, Ozcar wrote: You have to understand 2 things here: This is not a payment. You could see it as a prize, or something like that.

It's not generally considered a prize to work for minimum wage. That actually makes it seem more insulting.

- You could be acknowledged worldwide once the work is published
- This could be an awesome chance for some unknown artist to get a boost in their artistic career

The thing is, an artist would only get exposure enough to ride your coattails to success if you were already famous or were guaranteed wide success. But you're not. You're an unknown self-publishing a book. There's no fame to ride on.

Think about it seriously. How much work do you think an artist is really going to get from doing the illustrations for a children's book printed only 3000 times in Spanish? Are you assuming that within those 3000 books sold there's almost certainly going to be at least one person looking to seek out this illustrator and pay out the money you won't?

Maybe there's a chance that you'll hit a kind of Harry Potter success and the artist will be rocketed into fame. But there are a million children's books out there trying to do that. You shouldn't act like it's some great opportunity you're giving people when that's the case.

My heart bleeds for you that it's costing you so much money to put this book out there. But if you don't have the money to pay people to do work for you, the solution isn't to try and exploit young artists. The solution is to either get more money or not hire them and do the work yourself (or not at all).

- And of course, once the book makes some money back, you'd get money for each book sold. I guessed that was written underlines. Since it's your work, you'd get a small amount for each book and even the chance to work in the second, the third and the other books I want to write. I have the full story in my mind, and I'll I need to do is write it. As I told you, I wrote the first book in last November. I just needed 2 months to write the second and right now I've written 90,000 words from the third.

Can I ask what sort of percentage you're talking here?

Incidentally, the fact that you're writing such long books so quickly without an editor is a bit more worrying to me than comforting. Even Stephen King takes at least three months to write his first drafts.

At 1/18/14 10:30 AM, Ozcar wrote: Andrea is a really smart girl...
Isis, however, is complicated...

I wasn't really asking for the in-story logic as to how the characters came to be how they are. They're not real people, so they didn't evolve on their own. I was wondering why you as a writer wanted to specifically make these characters unfeminine.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 03:31 PM, Aigis wrote: Incidentally, the fact that you're writing such long books so quickly without an editor is a bit more worrying to me than comforting. Even Stephen King takes at least three months to write his first drafts.

I guess he didn't have a computer to write his first books. Oh, wait. He didn't. I write fast and I write well. That's all I have to say.

If you are not interested, that's ok. Stop trolling me.

I wasn't really asking for the in-story logic as to how the characters came to be how they are. They're not real people, so they didn't evolve on their own. I was wondering why you as a writer wanted to specifically make these characters unfeminine.

I want the characters like this, because that's how they dress in the book. I don't feel like replying to your post anymore after the "They're not real people" comment.

I'm sorry.

Although they are not real, I had to make them real in my mind to give them a personality. There are not 3 or 5 character here. In my book there are around 20 characters, that "feel" and "think". If that's hard for you to understand, then let me tell you that for a writter is not. You can not make a real bond with the reader if they don't feel or believe the characters are real.

Also, as I pointed out: I'm not hiring, I want a partnership with someone. I could draw the characters myself, take a look at the stuff I've made, I'm good drawing. I'm not looking for a skilled person to hire, I'm looking for a partner that could make a few drawings and I'd add them to the book as if one of the characters had drawn them. Why? Because that's what I need. That's all. If you are not interested, ignore this post and that's all. Get over it.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 04:04 PM Reply

You said you wanted twenty "scenes" earlier and now you say that you want it to look like someone from the book drew them, what does that entail? Are you talking full color buffed out compositions with complexity and detail or things that look more sketched out and are simple? That goes a long way in effecting the price of the drawings. Regardless though $200 is way too low, I'd say absolutely no less than $15 per drawing if they are simple black & white drawings (and that's still very low).
But if you're talking full color scenes the price really should go up.

I get that you're looking for a partner on this but you've got to give some more info on that, it get's a lot trickier to do business with artists when you want to partner up on a long term project like this especially a long term start up like this. You've got to work out the percentages, contracts and all that (don't say you don't have to, because you do - especially when it's over the internet, the artist has to protect his or her interests). I think the best move would be to shell out the extra money to hire an artist instead of a partner, if this first book works out and is successful contact the artist and work out a partnership from there.

You can look through my stuff on profile if you're interested in working something out.

Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 04:04 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: You said you wanted twenty "scenes"

As I said before, I was tired.

What I need are sketches. No full color scenes.

if this first book works out and is successful contact the artist and work out a partnership from there.

Sounds like a good idea.

You can look through my stuff on profile if you're interested in working something out.

I will. Thank you.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 03:47 PM, Ozcar wrote:
At 1/18/14 03:31 PM, Aigis wrote: Incidentally, the fact that you're writing such long books so quickly without an editor is a bit more worrying to me than comforting. Even Stephen King takes at least three months to write his first drafts.
I guess he didn't have a computer to write his first books. Oh, wait. He didn't. I write fast and I write well. That's all I have to say.

If you are not interested, that's ok. Stop trolling me.

He's not trolling and you are exploiting artists, I wish more artists would realize this

Before any of you decide to do art at a rate lower than working at mcdonalds watch this
http://youtu.be/nXUOCNYRIuQ?t=1m48s
If you still wanna do this, go ahdead. But just know when you work for next to nothing it affects the whole industry and if one day you want to work for a proper rate the client can go "oh I'll just go exploit a first year college student/art forum artist, way easier" they'll get shit work, but they'll do it.

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 04:39 PM Reply

I agree its very low, maybe if you offer royalties someone might be tempted to do this.


Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Im going to step in here and vouch for ozcar. He has been around on NG for ages, and I've known him in that capacity for about as long as he has been on this site (welcome back dude, long time no see). He is good for his word, and while it may be a bit of a long shot that this book blows up and becomes huge, it has a better chance than if it were some other random user.

Consider the $200 a nice little quick cash, like he said the drawings dont have to be super detailed finished pieces, probably about 20min to an hour at most worth of work on them to a moderately skilled artist. Look at it more as a good opportunity to help an old NG vet out with a fun little project, not some ego trip where you get to pretend you are worth so much more all the damn time. Doing favors isn't a bad thing, and he is offering to pay a fine chunk of money for what is being asked amongst friends.
I can sell pieces for a few grand, but have no issue with doing a project for a friend or acquaintance for much cheaper if its something new and interesting.

Although I definitely am in agreement that if this book does take off, that some extra cash is due based on its success.

Quit acting all stuck up artists who deserve to be paid $50+ an hour and help a guy out, sheesh.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 09:22 PM, ornery wrote: I can sell pieces for a few grand, but have no issue with doing a project for a friend or acquaintance for much cheaper if its something new and interesting.

Ornery, just because he's your friend doesn't mean he's everyone's friend.

Quit acting all stuck up artists who deserve to be paid $50+ an hour and help a guy out, sheesh.

I don't think it's stuck up to think that artists deserve to be paid more than $8.70 an hour, assuming each picture takes an hour. That's far below minimum wage where I am.

And when you're a person who does get paid a lot for his artwork, you're being kind of condescending to everyone else here.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 09:59 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 1/18/14 09:22 PM, ornery wrote: I can sell pieces for a few grand, but have no issue with doing a project for a friend or acquaintance for much cheaper if its something new and interesting.
Ornery, just because he's your friend doesn't mean he's everyone's friend.

Not saying he needs to be anyones, just saying that he is a slightly different breed of requester than the usual beggar on these forums. It helps if you know the person, or know someone who will attest to them as being a serious prospect as opposed to the usual lot of new people who make impossible promises or established people with terrible track records for following through with projects/payments.

Quit acting all stuck up artists who deserve to be paid $50+ an hour and help a guy out, sheesh.
I don't think it's stuck up to think that artists deserve to be paid more than $8.70 an hour, assuming each picture takes an hour. That's far below minimum wage where I am.

8.70 is quite a bit more than minimum wage here. And again, dont break it down to a wage pay, do it as a paid favor, or dont. He isnt asking everybody and their mother to help him, just someone who feels like they might be interested. I typically dont respond to requests I have no interest or intention of doing, if everyone ignores them they die off or the asked has to rework his pitch. If someone wants to help they will help. I jumped into this thread to maybe coax a few people who might have been on the fence about it by putting the good word in for the OP's credibility.
I wouldn't do this project because it doesn't interest me, and I'm a bit busy with other crap. If not for those two things $200 would be just fine for something of this sort for me.

And when you're a person who does get paid a lot for his artwork, you're being kind of condescending to everyone else here.

I can sell work for a few thousand, doesnt mean i do often. The majority of my sales are in the $150-$700 range. And that is for pieces where hours and hours of work have gone into, or even cheaper when favors for people i know were involved. Some broken down into a wage would come out to closer to $5 an hour, others closer to $60 an hour. I dont base the price of the piece too much on time taken, since it can vary so much for a standard style piece. I implement a price more on subject and size of piece than time taken. So a few sketches of relatively small size? Yeah time spent is more me being a slow crap artist, not fair to punish the buyer with that. I dont even need to be super creative or polished with the final product on top of it all either since the author is providing most of the ideas anyway? yeah i'd probably only charge about $200-$300 for that anyway.

I know there are artists on these forums who could spit out 20 or so sketches in 2-3 hours and not even need to take a break. Shit, Zane does entire finished pieces sometimes in that amount of time. Cairos throws together gorgeous helpful sketches fixes peoples drawing issues in no time flat all the time for no pay what so ever. And they arent alone in that ability (I on the other hand take about 3-4 hours to get a rough line work done sometimes). So if any of those fast people feel like getting paid for what they are essentially doing all the time for free anyway this isnt the worst opportunity.

Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 10:20 PM, ornery wrote:

Thanks for backing me up, dude.

Anyway, I'll keep this open. If anyone is interested, let me know. If none is interested, I might end doing the drawings myself. I've made other drawings for the book and I wanted them to have a different style than those I've already made. That's all. That's why I said: It's a partnership.

I've been part of this community for more than a decade, and that's why I wanted to give something back to Newgrounds, because I owe it a lot. I want you guys, Newgrounds, to be part of my book. I'm even publishing my book under my Newgrounds' nickname, as "N.G. Ozcar" I even had to register the N.G. Ozcar name to write under this nickname.

No matter what happens here, I'll publish my book in April. I'll let you know when this happens.

If anyone is interested, email me. Thanks.

Nacco
Nacco
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 05:18 AM Reply

I'm interested. I don't have the time for 20 drawings right now though. I will have more time in februari.
If're not on a deadline and think my style is what you're looking for send me a pm.
Would you be interested in paying me in the form of steam games? I don't like the charges Paypal makes for international transactions. And it's what I'd spend the money on eventually anyways :p

Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 1/19/14 05:18 AM, Nacco wrote: I'm interested.

This one is awesome, I really liked it. I'll keep you in mind, dude.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nacco/karl-stromberg-by-the-fire?context=ratings:etm.user:1865612.scouted:.offset:1

Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 03:30 AM Reply

If you haven't decided on anyone yet, I'd be interested in working with you.

Since I haven't been uploading a whole lot of art lately, below is a sketch of Andrea and Isis.

Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book


.

BBS Signature
Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 1/20/14 03:30 AM, Little-Eise wrote: Since I haven't been uploading a whole lot of art lately, below is a sketch of Andrea and Isis.

Awesome dude :) I really like them.

Ozcar
Ozcar
  • Member since: May. 12, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Looking 4 art partner 4 my 1st book Jan. 22nd, 2014 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 02:07 AM, Ozcar wrote: 3 - Uzna. He is 220cms of height (7 feet, 3 inches) He is part human, lion, and eagle. Although her legs are like “human”, his feet are like an eagle, with talons. His trunk looks like a human trunk. His body is covered by dark blue feathers, except his chest, where you can see his muscles. His arms are like human arms, but instead of hands, he has lion claws. He has a tail, longer than his legs. In his back, he has eagle wings, each 3 meters long (9 feet, 10 inches long) when they're fully extended.

It seems I forgot to say that his head is like an eagle. He has a yellow eyes. I'm sorry I didn´t say this before. I got a few sketches of Uzna with lion head, a couple were awesome, but he has the head like an eagle :)