Respond to this Topic
Scook15
Scook15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 10:44:51 Reply

It was a bad day in Florida for many people so far 16 dead,I saw it rip of the top of palm trees and fly away i saw roofs of many homes slowly breaking apart then flying and tumbling down the road,it was just mass destruction in Arcadia,Where the winds blew atleast 130 MPH and the rain went completely sideways and blinded the eyes.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 11:40:10 Reply

I'm hearing 16 lives taken and more than a hundred missing...:(

Very bad to hear.

MysticShadowX
MysticShadowX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 13:21:33 Reply

I live in Canada and I have some relatives in Florida. I heard about Charly several times and Just today I read that there is hundreds of people missing; 21 dead! That's awful. To all you Newgrounds users that have relatives there I wish you the best of luck!

ChairmanPingPow
ChairmanPingPow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 13:29:31 Reply

i heard that 15 died maybe more.....

ROND
ROND
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 14:26:28 Reply

It never really hit New York. I was at a concert when it was supposed to really be bad, it only drizzled a bit.

generalcorrosive
generalcorrosive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 14:58:42 Reply

16 dead and over a hundred missing.....

I just hope none of our fellow Newgrounds members were part of that.

SecretAgentBob
SecretAgentBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:31:51 Reply

I live in Orlando, and I've made a video documentary of my time during Hurricane Charlie, from during the storm to the aftermath.

This video covers a large part of Orange county - mostly Orlando and Winter Park. I stayed over at my friend Gian's apartment during the storm. It was an interesting time.

The video is around 30 megs, in QuickTime 6 format:
http://www.secretagentbob.com/hc.html

Warning: it has some bad language.

Hurricane Charly

Surfer-69
Surfer-69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:43:07 Reply

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm.

hey man thanks i live in VA beach . . . the only thing charley gave us were good swells at the beach the surf was wild

ColonelAngus
ColonelAngus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:53:54 Reply

I live on the east coast but I went into orlando for the storm. I never miss the hurricanes. I lived just north of Miami when Andrew hit and ive tried to go to every single one since. But i saw an entire tree sliding down the road and blast through a fence. It was the greatest thing i saw of this hurricane.

TheHordeNL
TheHordeNL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:01:29 Reply

hey im here in holland i want to say good luck and be strong for the ppl in the storm region and i will think of the ppl that died to that bad ass storm bless u all from holland here

T-R-N
T-R-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:09:35 Reply

Thanks, SecretAgentBob, that video was a good one.
Man, Charly sure knows how to blow...
I wish the families luck with rebuilding their lives.

Saiyan-Weasel
Saiyan-Weasel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:26:05 Reply

It is a good thing I was not in Florida or otherwise I may not survive. That Hurricane has made heavy losses of buildings. Hopefully the NG fans in Florida have seeked safer ground. It seems that hurricanes are things to be on the look out for.

NeverMindTheBollocks
NeverMindTheBollocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:26:32 Reply

Well, I live in Tampa, FL. And it somehow missed my city. Thanks for the concern.

Jay

Jack-stone
Jack-stone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:32:54 Reply

At 8/15/04 10:56 PM, -YO- wrote:
At 8/15/04 10:20 PM, kunimitsu_killerEX wrote: FUCK DENMARK, BITCH!
FUCK DENMARK! AND ALL THERE PUSSY WAYS!

Why are you talking shit about Denmark we havent done you anything

Latenator
Latenator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:40:10 Reply

That's not good news for people in Florida. My relatives live in Miami and when I watched some climate pictures which were posted before. I think my relatives will be fine because they are far away from the hurricane.

Luckily I live in Finland (almost no nature disasters exept small flood and trombi which are rare in here)

ColossalBeltloop
ColossalBeltloop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:47:43 Reply

obviusly you missed the entire point of my post and i dont live in the U.S and i never said i thought all americans are the same obviusly your just pissed cause i said im not a fan of americans

nope, that ain't it. i care about that fact that some people generalize an entire nation. and it that wasn't your point, it sure sounded like it.

MindlessDrivel
MindlessDrivel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 17:16:59 Reply

Guys, what's with all the pro poser criticism on America all of a sudden? That FÛÇKÎÑG |\|ØØ|3£ÉT who insulted wade should just shut the F@#! up, seriously. He doesn't know what he's talking about. You poser critics should be ashamed of youself acting all righteouslike as if you did anything to help. If you care so much about Cuba or 3rd world countries, get your lazy fatass off the damn couch and do something about it yourself rather than being a goddamn nerd posting crap no one wants to see on NG. To the commentators on how little USA has contributed, go fuck yourself because no one cares about what you say, and I seriously doubt you've done anything fo rthose countries either, and if you post that you did and tell me to stfu, then you're probably lying and trying to spite me, and I wont even bother to reply back to you. All these dumbasses make those posts not because they care, but because theyre fat nerds with no friends who are bored and have nothing better to do, and can go get a life because, IF YOU DO CARE, you wouldn't piss people off on NG because that just guaranteed 100% that they're not gonna donate to that cause, just to spite you, which is quite obvious. If you did care, you'd ask nicely and encourage people to donate and crap like that. So the next time one of you stupid assholes want to post something similar to the whiny complaining bitches, think carefully because i just might flame you and chew you out. Good day to those of you who actually cared and show compassion :) good luck in you guys' life, you guys are good people.
Now that I'm done with the foreword, let's continue to the real discussion. Fulp Bros, I may have broken a rule by using many insults but i believe these obnoxious jerks deserved it :), hope you dont ban me.

I feel really bad for the people in Florida. I keep wondering, what if it was me whole lost everything i cherished, my home, my posessions, and my loved ones? :( think about it, there are some relief aid programs going on and I have donated 50% of my stashed allowance (ha ha) to those charities to help the people in Florida (214.47$)

Dinotron1
Dinotron1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 17:26:34 Reply

At 8/16/04 03:31 PM, SecretAgentBob wrote: I live in Orlando, and I've made a video documentary of my time during Hurricane Charlie, from during the storm to the aftermath.

This video covers a large part of Orange county - mostly Orlando and Winter Park. I stayed over at my friend Gian's apartment during the storm. It was an interesting time.

The video is around 30 megs, in QuickTime 6 format:
http://www.secretagentbob.com/hc.html

Warning: it has some bad language.

that sucked..

I expected something better.. all you got was dark muffling shit.
but when the germaphobe came in to hand the frog, thats when we get the state of the art night vison...

bleh.. waste of time

munchies
munchies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 19:43:36 Reply

At 8/13/04 04:22 PM, _otacon_ wrote: I have everything turns out good. I have few friends from florida and good luck to them and everyones else. Be safe guys/girls.

I have everyone is safe...we can only have that everyone is hiding from the storm...also the ppl in cuba and havana. Lets just have they are alright.

newgroundsonline
newgroundsonline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:17:16 Reply

WeEeEeEeEeeeEEEeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurricane Charly

Danny-T-Murphy
Danny-T-Murphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:21:39 Reply

If that is so then why does your profile say you live in New York...?

Danny-T-Murphy
Danny-T-Murphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:23:37 Reply

ok, well it seems I confused my post, sorry if you read it...

Kennazo
Kennazo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:10:53 Reply

At 8/16/04 10:44 AM, Scook15 wrote: It was a bad day in Florida for many people so far 16 dead,I saw it rip of the top of palm trees and fly away i saw roofs of many homes slowly breaking apart then flying and tumbling down the road,it was just mass destruction in Arcadia,Where the winds blew atleast 130 MPH and the rain went completely sideways and blinded the eyes.

I heard winter park got messed up....I live next to Orlando int airport and we got 100mph wind gusts whiched sucked...And I think a tornado nearly missed my neighborhood...Hope all you guys that where hit by charley like me are ok...

XenomorphX
XenomorphX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:25:46 Reply

Is Disney world ok? I am going there on friday?

Hurricane Charly

Kennazo
Kennazo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:45:40 Reply

At 8/17/04 12:25 AM, XenomorphX wrote: Is Disney world ok? I am going there on friday?

LMAO...Disney is always open...After the hurricane it was open lol...And also before the hurricane it was also open...

kaylious
kaylious
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 01:48:03 Reply

i'm from central florida, where it hit hardest in the state, it was really really intense. i saw some trees fall and we went and picked up street signs around 1am when everything settled down some. it was madness for about 4 days cos no one had electricity, my bf and other friends are just getting it back today. others might have to wait til next week...high schools throughout polk county are closed for at least the rest of the week. i think there were only 5 deaths tho so we were somewhat fortunate.

*k*

YoshiK
YoshiK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 01:58:46 Reply

Well I live in New York so I got only rain and not much.

Sephiroth-FF7
Sephiroth-FF7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 06:00:39 Reply

I just got back from my vacation in Orlando. The hotel doors got blown away! It was pretty scary it came right at us... alot of trees died that day, what a shame.

RANDOM-bennett-HERO
RANDOM-bennett-HERO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 08:50:39 Reply

im in florida taking a holiday, and charley went into the hotel i was staying in everyone got out safely apart from a few animals, one of which was my dog molly, and i will miss her terribly. :*(

ZedgeZ
ZedgeZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 09:42:47 Reply

Denmark Rule!!! Schmeichal Riles!!!