00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WaffleCrisp just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

60,967 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 17:26:34

At 8/16/04 03:31 PM, SecretAgentBob wrote: I live in Orlando, and I've made a video documentary of my time during Hurricane Charlie, from during the storm to the aftermath.

This video covers a large part of Orange county - mostly Orlando and Winter Park. I stayed over at my friend Gian's apartment during the storm. It was an interesting time.

The video is around 30 megs, in QuickTime 6 format:
http://www.secretagentbob.com/hc.html

Warning: it has some bad language.

that sucked..

I expected something better.. all you got was dark muffling shit.
but when the germaphobe came in to hand the frog, thats when we get the state of the art night vison...

bleh.. waste of time

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 19:43:36

At 8/13/04 04:22 PM, _otacon_ wrote: I have everything turns out good. I have few friends from florida and good luck to them and everyones else. Be safe guys/girls.

I have everyone is safe...we can only have that everyone is hiding from the storm...also the ppl in cuba and havana. Lets just have they are alright.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:17:16

WeEeEeEeEeeeEEEeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:21:39

If that is so then why does your profile say you live in New York...?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 20:23:37

ok, well it seems I confused my post, sorry if you read it...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:10:53

At 8/16/04 10:44 AM, Scook15 wrote: It was a bad day in Florida for many people so far 16 dead,I saw it rip of the top of palm trees and fly away i saw roofs of many homes slowly breaking apart then flying and tumbling down the road,it was just mass destruction in Arcadia,Where the winds blew atleast 130 MPH and the rain went completely sideways and blinded the eyes.

I heard winter park got messed up....I live next to Orlando int airport and we got 100mph wind gusts whiched sucked...And I think a tornado nearly missed my neighborhood...Hope all you guys that where hit by charley like me are ok...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:25:46

Is Disney world ok? I am going there on friday?

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 00:45:40

At 8/17/04 12:25 AM, XenomorphX wrote: Is Disney world ok? I am going there on friday?

LMAO...Disney is always open...After the hurricane it was open lol...And also before the hurricane it was also open...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 01:48:03

i'm from central florida, where it hit hardest in the state, it was really really intense. i saw some trees fall and we went and picked up street signs around 1am when everything settled down some. it was madness for about 4 days cos no one had electricity, my bf and other friends are just getting it back today. others might have to wait til next week...high schools throughout polk county are closed for at least the rest of the week. i think there were only 5 deaths tho so we were somewhat fortunate.

*k*

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 01:58:46

Well I live in New York so I got only rain and not much.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 06:00:39

I just got back from my vacation in Orlando. The hotel doors got blown away! It was pretty scary it came right at us... alot of trees died that day, what a shame.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 08:50:39

im in florida taking a holiday, and charley went into the hotel i was staying in everyone got out safely apart from a few animals, one of which was my dog molly, and i will miss her terribly. :*(

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 09:42:47

Denmark Rule!!! Schmeichal Riles!!!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 09:59:47

i live in south africa, we never get any cool natural disasters, i remember something about some ghey lil tornado that fucked up a squatter camp & then it burned down.

LMFAO @ the Disney land guy XD,

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 10:34:20

At 8/17/04 12:10 AM, Kennazo wrote:
At 8/16/04 10:44 AM, Scook15 wrote: It was a bad day in Florida for many people so far 16 dead,I saw it rip of the top of palm trees and fly away i saw roofs of many homes slowly breaking apart then flying and tumbling down the road,it was just mass destruction in Arcadia,Where the winds blew atleast 130 MPH and the rain went completely sideways and blinded the eyes.
I heard winter park got messed up....I live next to Orlando int airport and we got 100mph wind gusts whiched sucked...And I think a tornado nearly missed my neighborhood...Hope all you guys that where hit by charley like me are ok...

Dude i live so close to you!!!!! Well yeah i got messed up too, i just got electricity (4 days without it will get you going crazy) Seriously i dont know how people made it without it.. My house is doing fine, and i'll be posting some pictures later. (i need to make them smaller)

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 12:25:23

At 8/17/04 10:34 AM, jjrocks2002 wrote:
At 8/17/04 12:10 AM, Kennazo wrote:
Dude i live so close to you!!!!! Well yeah i got messed up too, i just got electricity (4 days without it will get you going crazy) Seriously i dont know how people made it without it.. My house is doing fine, and i'll be posting some pictures later. (i need to make them smaller)

Where do you live lol???.....Damn I didn't know charley did that but anyway I just saw a few trees and stuff on houses....Some people got screwed.....No houses...I just got power back 2 days ago...It sucks sleeping when your hot as hell and sweating like an animal...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 14:30:35

Is there any chance it will hit Calgary, Alberta (Canada)

Hurricane Charly

I like nipples

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 15:53:02

At 8/17/04 02:30 PM, PennyManDude wrote: Is there any chance it will hit Calgary, Alberta (Canada)

That hurricane is dead man lol...Its no more...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 16:13:45

O man, I've heard on the news that it hit pretty hard. I'm from Canada so I'm ok but I hope all those in the path of destruction are safe and all make it through the storm fine. Well, I gotta go now, I got a 1.5 hour long flash movie to get started on as a personal project, bye all.

Michael_Kent

I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM MCLOVIN!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 20:57:59

Glad Charley is long gone...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-17 23:22:27

Power just came back on here. I'm in Ft. Myers. On Friday and Saturday I couldn't go anywhere because of all the debris in the road and all the traffic lights are out. Many lights are still out and 90,000 people in Lee County have yet to get their power back. People still haven't been let onto Ft. Myers Beach (Estero Island) or Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Here's a picture I took after the storm...

http://grove.ufl.edu/~sirmike/morelikechuckles.jpg

And here's a really cool video from downtown Ft. Myers...

http://www.nbc-2.com/videoplay...3_charley_roof.wmv&dw=http://www.nbc-2.com
/news/yahoosum.shtml

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 03:03:57

just wanted to let all you out there know that there are us people on the other coast of the US hoping you all are safe, still have intact homes and heal up well. Been a while since something like that landed over here, so its hard to really get a feel of that devastation. Best Wishes!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 03:42:39

Jeus... i have a friend living in about the area where that hurricana is.... damn im so worried...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 03:54:02

A tornado isnt as powerful as a hurricane

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 03:58:59

Hurricane Charley's like a big bulley... When he gets to you, sobbing wont help...
my prayers are with Florida, Cuba and everyone else Charley seems to pick a fight with...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 12:44:38

This is why I live in Minnesota. No Earthquakes, no hurricanes, just damn cold.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 17:18:24

Hey hope everyone's okay I have some family out there so I might be able to post some pictures soon

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-18 22:20:42

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm. If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on. If you have a digital camera and can safely take pictures, post them with your comments. Good luck to those in the path of this storm.

I live in cape coral florida and we just got are power back on its been five days of hell. Hurricane Charley destroyed punta gorda its been crazy no tv or water pretty hard to get gas lines were around the block. -dan

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-19 15:27:24

Yeah, I'm so glad and so dazed at the same time...know this is a bit late, but I live in the Tampa Bay area...we are so damn lucky that it curved south, but at the same time I'm sorry for all those people in central Florida...The pictures on the news are just pure devestation, people rooting around their ruined houses trying to salvage things and think of what to do next...Thank God for all the relief funds set up around the state...But you know, there are going to be tons of scams from insurance companies and benefit corps, always some greedy bastards trying to take advantage of a bad situation. Byt my heart goes out to all those people for the next couple months, and I hope you all find some way to get through this.

As a sidenote, this was the second most devastating hurricane (after Andrew, of course) and caused even MORE property damage than Andrew. Fortunately, the death toll is 17 already with more than 50 missing...We can only hope they're trapped and not worse....So good luck to everyone out there.

Love and peace.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-19 18:45:59

no hurricane here good ol midwest