00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

60,881 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-15 23:31:18

From what I heard Charly left $15 billion in damage.
And they said it was the biggest hurricane since Andrew.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-15 23:36:35

Ya it messed us up..I live in orlando and the eye passed like right over us...Thank god theres no trees in my neighborhood lol...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 00:42:20

omg this really sucks,I'm going to be flying out to Florida to see a friend of mine,I hope the storm is over by then......
hopefully nobody gets hurt either.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 02:19:24

wow...like a few days ago all these tropical storm warnings were being mentioned and i'm like 'oooooh damn'. but i'm rite outside northeast philly...near glenside...and all we got were some measly showers. i seriously hope that everyone is ok down in florida.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 03:15:56

At 8/14/04 02:31 PM, ColossalBeltloop wrote: *Holding back my anger*
There are MILLIONS of people living in America! Who are you to say you aren't a "fan" of them? You think we're all the same? I swear, some of these states act like their own country. Go to Tennessee you better set your watch back 20 years. That's what makes it awesome and unique. There are different cultures and life styles within each state, each city and each resident. Oh, and don't say what you don't know. This country's carrying a big load to help Africa with Aids and other deseases and famine. So before you go praising Canada and comparing them to us, what does YOUR country do in all this? Oh, wait, you live in hell, nevermind.

obviusly you missed the entire point of my post and i dont live in the U.S and i never said i thought all americans are the same obviusly your just pissed cause i said im not a fan of americans

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 03:17:25

The storm has been over in Florida for like a day now, and Hurricane Charley is completely gone now, but it caused $15 billion in damage, and killed 16 people.
When I heard about Charley on the news like a few days before it hit Florida, I thought it was gonna be small, but it destroyed alot of shit.
It must suck to live in Florida, your like right in the path of big Hurricanes.
The only time Ohio has ever been hit by any kind of tropical storm was when Isabel came all the way up to Ohio, but it wasnt a Hurricane by the time it got to Ohio, but it still was kinda windy and it rained alot.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 04:22:47

I live in Australia so ive never even seen a hurricane ever except in movies and crap :D

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 04:32:16

What a place to put a first post!

Anyways, I live in Vancouver, Canada and currently we are in the middle of our annual summer drought. Most people I know would give an arm and leg for a hurricane, or any rain for that matter. Anyone Floridians wanna trade?

Seriously though, being way up in Canada, we haven't recieved any clear damage or casualty reports so I hope everyone is ok and is able to rebuild. Seeing as how Vancouver is often considered the Miami of the north, and not just because of the weather, we have to endure a major storm every year so I know how you people feel.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 05:39:27

At 8/15/04 10:56 PM, -YO- wrote:
At 8/15/04 10:20 PM, kunimitsu_killerEX wrote: FUCK DENMARK, BITCH!
FUCK DENMARK! AND ALL THERE PUSSY WAYS!

Weeeeee! Fuck it! Fuck it !

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 06:16:38

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm. If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on. If you have a digital camera and can safely take pictures, post them with your comments. Good luck to those in the path of this storm.

I'm going to Orlando, FL for a vacation in October! Hopefully Universal Orlando hasn't been totally demolished...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 06:35:12

Whoa. Talk about devotion. @_@'

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 09:38:26

i got hit by 100 mph winds it knocked a tree on my neighbors car and we spent 4 hours cutting it out

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 10:37:29

Woo, that was the worst weekend ever. I live in Winter Park, FL. lol We got hit with some nasty stuff.. a bunch of little trees blew down around my house.. infact, one of the trees by my house cracked in half and started blowing around all crazy. My uncle's window broke and blew in, a few gutters got tossed around and part of the roof on the building next to us started to come up. All in all, the hurricane rocked, the aftermath did not. My room got SOAKED and now it stinks. >.< My uncle Bob and aunt Cathy got a tree through their house and i've seen quiet a few businesses that need repairing.. A lot of central Florida is without electricity (it included us until last night) and some of my family's work is down as well. (Talk about a weekend, thats craziness) I've heard of only 13 deaths and most of them are in Punta Gorda. The Eye passed right over us and that was the end of that, after that.. nothin' but wind.. glorious wind. It felt kinda surreal, since we've been dodging the bullet for so many years, ya know? I hope everyone else is okay..

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 10:44:51

It was a bad day in Florida for many people so far 16 dead,I saw it rip of the top of palm trees and fly away i saw roofs of many homes slowly breaking apart then flying and tumbling down the road,it was just mass destruction in Arcadia,Where the winds blew atleast 130 MPH and the rain went completely sideways and blinded the eyes.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 11:40:10

I'm hearing 16 lives taken and more than a hundred missing...:(

Very bad to hear.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 13:21:33

I live in Canada and I have some relatives in Florida. I heard about Charly several times and Just today I read that there is hundreds of people missing; 21 dead! That's awful. To all you Newgrounds users that have relatives there I wish you the best of luck!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 13:29:31

i heard that 15 died maybe more.....

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 14:26:28

It never really hit New York. I was at a concert when it was supposed to really be bad, it only drizzled a bit.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 14:58:42

16 dead and over a hundred missing.....

I just hope none of our fellow Newgrounds members were part of that.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:31:51

I live in Orlando, and I've made a video documentary of my time during Hurricane Charlie, from during the storm to the aftermath.

This video covers a large part of Orange county - mostly Orlando and Winter Park. I stayed over at my friend Gian's apartment during the storm. It was an interesting time.

The video is around 30 megs, in QuickTime 6 format:
http://www.secretagentbob.com/hc.html

Warning: it has some bad language.

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:43:07

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most likely leave a path of devastation and death. We hope all our NG fans in this area have moved to safety and will survive this killer storm.

hey man thanks i live in VA beach . . . the only thing charley gave us were good swells at the beach the surf was wild

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 15:53:54

I live on the east coast but I went into orlando for the storm. I never miss the hurricanes. I lived just north of Miami when Andrew hit and ive tried to go to every single one since. But i saw an entire tree sliding down the road and blast through a fence. It was the greatest thing i saw of this hurricane.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:01:29

hey im here in holland i want to say good luck and be strong for the ppl in the storm region and i will think of the ppl that died to that bad ass storm bless u all from holland here

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:09:35

Thanks, SecretAgentBob, that video was a good one.
Man, Charly sure knows how to blow...
I wish the families luck with rebuilding their lives.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:26:05

It is a good thing I was not in Florida or otherwise I may not survive. That Hurricane has made heavy losses of buildings. Hopefully the NG fans in Florida have seeked safer ground. It seems that hurricanes are things to be on the look out for.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:26:32

Well, I live in Tampa, FL. And it somehow missed my city. Thanks for the concern.

Jay

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:32:54

At 8/15/04 10:56 PM, -YO- wrote:
At 8/15/04 10:20 PM, kunimitsu_killerEX wrote: FUCK DENMARK, BITCH!
FUCK DENMARK! AND ALL THERE PUSSY WAYS!

Why are you talking shit about Denmark we havent done you anything

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:40:10

That's not good news for people in Florida. My relatives live in Miami and when I watched some climate pictures which were posted before. I think my relatives will be fine because they are far away from the hurricane.

Luckily I live in Finland (almost no nature disasters exept small flood and trombi which are rare in here)

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 16:47:43

obviusly you missed the entire point of my post and i dont live in the U.S and i never said i thought all americans are the same obviusly your just pissed cause i said im not a fan of americans

nope, that ain't it. i care about that fact that some people generalize an entire nation. and it that wasn't your point, it sure sounded like it.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-16 17:16:59

Guys, what's with all the pro poser criticism on America all of a sudden? That FÛÇKÎÑG |\|ØØ|3£ÉT who insulted wade should just shut the F@#! up, seriously. He doesn't know what he's talking about. You poser critics should be ashamed of youself acting all righteouslike as if you did anything to help. If you care so much about Cuba or 3rd world countries, get your lazy fatass off the damn couch and do something about it yourself rather than being a goddamn nerd posting crap no one wants to see on NG. To the commentators on how little USA has contributed, go fuck yourself because no one cares about what you say, and I seriously doubt you've done anything fo rthose countries either, and if you post that you did and tell me to stfu, then you're probably lying and trying to spite me, and I wont even bother to reply back to you. All these dumbasses make those posts not because they care, but because theyre fat nerds with no friends who are bored and have nothing better to do, and can go get a life because, IF YOU DO CARE, you wouldn't piss people off on NG because that just guaranteed 100% that they're not gonna donate to that cause, just to spite you, which is quite obvious. If you did care, you'd ask nicely and encourage people to donate and crap like that. So the next time one of you stupid assholes want to post something similar to the whiny complaining bitches, think carefully because i just might flame you and chew you out. Good day to those of you who actually cared and show compassion :) good luck in you guys' life, you guys are good people.
Now that I'm done with the foreword, let's continue to the real discussion. Fulp Bros, I may have broken a rule by using many insults but i believe these obnoxious jerks deserved it :), hope you dont ban me.

I feel really bad for the people in Florida. I keep wondering, what if it was me whole lost everything i cherished, my home, my posessions, and my loved ones? :( think about it, there are some relief aid programs going on and I have donated 50% of my stashed allowance (ha ha) to those charities to help the people in Florida (214.47$)