00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

140,975 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 05:53:52

At 4 hours ago, reverend wrote:
At A few seconds ago, CommanderOrion732 wrote: It would be nice if there were a way to see all the possible rank pictures, like on the old site.
Levels, Ranks, and Whistle.

Ha, well, they at least added my flaming skull morningstar idea, hot piss.

ewwwww I get a wooden Bleach sword next grosss

oh yes and put the punch knife and cracked nunchuks further forward, right

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 05:58:50

I lost all my favorited art "creator" links, and http://mayormcheese.newgrounds.com/ , another long-time member, lost all his submitted art!
Okay, I had almost 200 fav'ed artists, no biggie there.
But where is the Riff-Raff column on the news page? The spam accounts should stop 'cause now there's the jpeg word copy thing... so are going to get unpublished user's news?

I also lost all my fav art creators too except for like 10. I had a lot of them. (On my 08 account I cant get into atm not this one.)

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox

This is a temporary account. see JBK

Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 07:22:12

This is awesome

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 08:25:16

Looks pretty snazzy and all that jazz. It'll take some getting used to as there is some new stuff and a couple things moved around but i'm sure i'll love it all the same. After all it's the same newgrounds of old.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 09:12:35

This will take time to get used to!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 09:55:05

I like it. I've been here since 2007 and I don't remember any major changes, so this is nice refreshment.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 10:06:58

At 4 hours ago, nconde25 wrote: Can you please REMOVE the sounds the flash makes when we open them?
I always pick many flashes from old portal (COS NEW IS REALLY BAD) so I open many tabs and watch the first one but the other tabs continue to make stupid dounds, wtf is this who came with this idea? unactive tabs making sounds, nice guys gimme a break!

THIS.

Also, i managed to lock myself out of my account yesterday (as you do) and the email says to go to newgrounds.com/unlock or something, which doesnt exist.

Also, It would be good to get the drop down menu where you could view the authors other flash.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 10:17:54

Movies won't always have to be Flash

We YouTube now

Wise decision, Tom. I mean that honestly.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 10:56:54

I came here to check my PMs and my site.... I was figuring the site would be the same old somewhat kinda boring site.... I didn't expect this at all. Whoa, this redesign is absolutely beautiful and amazing. I'm totally impressed by this. It might take some time to get used to... but this is an excellent redesign and you're not getting any complaints from me.

I figured this site wouldn't get redesigned... I guess one of the reasons why I stopped coming here... the site was pretty boring looking. Heck, I even removed this from my bookmarks (well now it's a permanent bookmark). I was thinking something was missing from the original design... I just couldn't put my finger on it. This is change for the better! I usually find a lot of redesigned sites to be utter garbage, but this one is by far the most impressive one I've seen in a long time.

I cannot wait to submit more of my music and maybe art on this site in the years to come. This totally radically gnarly and profound redesign is gonna make me come back to this site often. Tom Fulp and all other people who worked on this redesign... wow... you all rock and thank you very much! I could have said much better things, but I'm just too overwhelmed by this amazing redesign.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 11:28:14

super awesome mate. I love the new NG! though I will kinda miss the old one. The art in the BG is so gooooood. Just wish those flash game ads on top and bottom would get removed from this awesomeness coz it's annoying.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 11:58:48

I love art in BG, they're amazing.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 12:11:37

It's great to see that the old portal, as well as the awards, are still here, but what on earth happened to Turd of the week? I was aiming for that >:L

I make half-decent Stickmen animations. My old username was supermario63rox, too. I hate that username.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 12:31:05

At 17 minutes ago, supermario63rox wrote: but what on earth happened to Turd of the week? I was aiming for that >:L

You just answered your own question.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 13:14:17

I really don't like the reduced functionality of the redesign. Fewer search options, Lower number of entries displayable per page,

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 13:17:17

Ok, the lack of information when rolling over a submission is really starting to get at me. I am referring foremost to the classic portal, but it's poor on the main page too.

The new front page really is horrible to use, doesn't show the author at all, and I can hardly see anything at a time because all the elements are too big and spread out, infact site wide I have to do a lot more scrolling than before, why anyone would want to use this instead of the classic portal is beyond me.

I maintain that the new locked achievement icons in their lurid red, clash with unlocked ones and should be made a neutral hue like dark grey, like they used to be.

The stats/info box should also go above the related stuff, it's far more important.

Now, back to the classic portal, which is where I have the site bookmarked and where I'm only going to look... bring. back. the. roll. over. info. popup. please. I can deal with every other annoyance I have on the new site as long as you bring back this one thing.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 14:34:56

I have a question about the Project System. Can you delete projects if no members have been added?

I was entering in test data just to play around with things - now I have a bunch of items that say "TEST". I know nobody else can see them, but it kinda bugs me - I'd like to see the clutter gone.

I skimmed through the latest replies here and I peeked around in the Wiki but I didn't see anything that may answer this question.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 14:43:16

FUCKIN AWESOME

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 14:47:00

At 3 minutes ago, Decoy9 wrote: Am I the only getting the problem of blank threads? I click on a thread to view and it's just like blank..

I had it for a few minutes.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 14:58:27

At 7 minutes ago, Decoy9 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Decoy9 wrote: Am I the only getting the problem of blank threads? I click on a thread to view and it's just like blank..
I had it for a few minutes.
Yeah it seems fine for me now... are you using chrome?

no, firefox

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 15:05:40

At 29 minutes ago, chazzybigdog wrote: since the change over i can not get the star rating to work so i can comment on the games and movies, what do i do to get the stars to work. i tried clicking on them and scrolling over and nothib=ng works. i am getting frustrated. can anyone help

It still technically works like the 10 star rating system, but you click the half stars instead of just 1-5 like Pico in the flash portal (or Darnell in the audio portal). Just give it a try and PM me if you have any problems.

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 15:20:05

Its.... Its... Beautiful!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 15:28:17

Hope no one saw me lick the screen. . . at work.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 15:46:31

At 3 minutes ago, Ericho wrote: Does anyone know how you get more experience points? I tried voting on stuff but everytime that happens, the usual thing doesn't pop up saying that I need to vote on more things. I think I'm already starting to dislike this new design. Do you still only have five things that you can vote on?

You still get your deposits but there's no notification message for now. The best way to determine you've deposited is to keep a closer eye on how much EXP you have. Additionally, NG Log is back up so you can track your deposits there.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 16:03:49

Loving the new design, it's very sleek and sexy :3

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 16:18:19

Uhh...Its...okay.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 16:26:28

I know it's new and all , also that people will say to give it some time but it just doesn't cut it. I enjoyed the old rating system as well as the pop-up windows for a more detailed description
Sorry but as for me I prefered the old Website way better

Hate on me all you want but yah know I'm right

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 17:02:32

Woah nice new look loving it

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 17:10:46

At 41 minutes ago, Ryoden286 wrote: I enjoyed the old rating system a

It's still the same. Count half a star as one.

Hate on me all you want but yah know I'm right

No, you aren't.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 17:26:23

At 11 hours ago, Razier2000 wrote: this is bad.

IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT

its broken now though

Agreed. Change should be done when it is really needed. This seems like change just for the heck of it. And I freaking hate that sort of thing. I feel like none of the real problems with the site were addressed. There is still no option to get email notifications from PM's. You still cannot subscribe to forum threads, which pretty much cripples the forums for me. The lag has gotten worse.

The BG art looks cool, but the old site looked cool too. And doesn't this prevent side ads from showing up? Won't that result in a loss of revenue?

I'm imagining the motivation behind this must have been something like the motivation for the upcoming Armor Games redesign, which is actually monumentally worse than this one. I guess it's to attract a wider audience. Well I certainly hope it does, but I can't help but feel like there were ways to do that without screwing things up and alienating your current fans. What seemed like such a haven before has turned into something else. After being such a great site for so many years, the original Flash site, Newgrounds has become unpalatable to me. I'll give it a fair chance but may end up leaving. It makes me so sad.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 17:31:49

At 2 days ago, bocodamondo wrote: But now i cant see how many pepole add my "specific" flash in there favourites! cant this be fixed?

That will be fixed!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature