Respond to this Topic
Noodle
Noodle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 21:23:09 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Nicholas-Deary wrote: I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but one suggestion I would say is to display the number of trophies someone has earned on the main page of their profile as well on the stats page.

Agreed. While we're talking trophies. When you click the link to show all displayed trophies, it appears to only show trophies earned on submissions submitted directly under that artist. None of the co-author trophies are shown.

GAH!

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 21:32:57 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Goat-Man wrote: Agreed. While we're talking trophies. When you click the link to show all displayed trophies, it appears to only show trophies earned on submissions submitted directly under that artist. None of the co-author trophies are shown.

Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing. Also I've noticed on the pages of submissions which have won trophies, the actual trophy is displayed at the bottom of the page. I would suggest putting the trophy somewhere higher up and more visible like for example next to or underneath the genre and tags.

BBS Signature
JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 21:39:57 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, Goat-Man wrote: Agreed. While we're talking trophies. ...
Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing...

I posted this in the Report Bugs thread... I sure hope that what it was.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 22:18:13 Reply

Also... holy shit and fucking awesome on the ability to coauthor everyone!!! YAY!!! This is pretty exciting! I have a lot of updating to do. lol!!

Just one thing... is there a way to make the rev share portion only visible to certain people (or no one)? Just to avoid issues. Not that I've done it, but ...like if someone gets 20% and someone else only gets 5% ...might cause some conflicts and bad blood... knowhatImsayin'?!

Fuoco
Fuoco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 22:28:03 Reply

I gotta say, I am truly impressed here.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature
blakemoso
blakemoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 22:28:31 Reply

The only real concern I have with functionality of the site is the author credits for games and movies being so far down the page that I have to scroll to see them. I liked having the author's name right next to the title of the submission, so I could read it at the same time.

In terms of aesthetics, the page backgrounds seem to be a bit of a controversial point.
I do appreciate the great art, though at times it can be a bit much as part of a website layout.

I think the best option there is to make the page backgrounds optional (so people can opt for the simple background if they wish), and also have the page backgrounds customizable so that people can choose which art they want on which page.
And perhaps allow people to create their own background art for their profiles?

In any case, the redesign is growing on me and there's a lot of stuff that I love about it, so great work.

BBS Signature
BrandoX16
BrandoX16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 22:34:30 Reply

My word, this site looks different. Very cutting edge!

Things I miss already:
Numerical ratings (can they go right next to the star ratings or something? I guess I can get used to mouseovers.)
The dropdown on the left for each artist so you could watch more of their work

Things I love:
Pretty much everything else, right down to the near perfect W3C validator results. You guys did great with this. I really love the artistic flair behind everything, including the text box I am posting this in!

Now let's get some original content on this site, kids.

lolwtfmudkips
lolwtfmudkips
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 23:34:09 Reply

Holy shit, I haven't been on in well over a year...this change is overwhelming.

NordicConquest
NordicConquest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 00:30:33 Reply

Am I the only one who thinks the redesign is fucking ugly?

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 00:40:08 Reply

At 1 hour ago, blakemoso wrote: The only real concern I have with functionality of the site is the author credits for games and movies being so far down the page that I have to scroll to see them. I liked having the author's name right next to the title of the submission, so I could read it at the same time.

I have a feeling this is a thing they're going to fix very soon. It's part of what fuels the community aspect of the site, and without it, it just wouldn't be the same. (Their terms of use give the users a lot of ownership and respect, so they wouldn't just forget aboot us.)

The backgrounds should be customizable, periodically updated, or just nonexistant because it's kinda weird to see a girl presented as if she was the new mascot of the whole site. Good drawings, I just don't think they represent newgrounds as a whole.

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 01:01:18 Reply

The new redesign feels so different... but I like it. Good job guys at the Newgrounds headquarters.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 01:18:30 Reply

I've just noticed something there is no longer an option to search an author. Now I could simply type they're user page in the url bar and go to they're Movies or Games. But it was just so much more convenient to simply search an author name especially if you knew it and get everything they made on on page... or at least an advanced search option would be nice.

Noodle
Noodle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 02:23:59 Reply

I'm not sure if this is happening to me or everyone. But every time I close my browser and open it up again I am logged out. It remembers my password and username, but I'm always logged out. Regardless of if I press the remember info thing or not. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a change, but I'd rather it kept me logged in.

GAH!

BBS Signature
SDUB16
SDUB16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 02:50:10 Reply

Hey all, I dunno what's going on but since the update, when I try to load games it gives me a message saying "plugin missing". Can anyone tell me what I'm missing or what's wrong?
Yes it worked before the update.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 02:59:21 Reply

At 7 minutes ago, SDUB16 wrote: Hey all, I dunno what's going on but since the update, when I try to load games it gives me a message saying "plugin missing". Can anyone tell me what I'm missing or what's wrong?
Yes it worked before the update.

you have chrome, get another browser.

BBS Signature
frenchfootfighter
frenchfootfighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 03:26:18 Reply

What happened to artist search in searchbar?

LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 05:27:38 Reply

Please, fix that annoying bug that causes me to log out between sessions.

nconde25
nconde25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 07:17:12 Reply

FIX AD REVENUE EARNINGS FOR LAST YEARS PLEASE.

yes i needed to use caps, nobody listen.

/Siggy sig

BBS Signature
spritefan
spritefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 09:12:01 Reply

At 10 hours ago, blakemoso wrote: And perhaps allow people to create their own background art for their profiles?

I came to this thread to suggest that. It'd be awesome for users to customize their pages to their liking. I think that's a great idea~

Also, I'm sure people mentioned this already, but it'd be great to see the exact number score rating along with the star rank. Because right now it's hard to differ between what's good and what's not. :<.. Also on the mouse rollover for movies/games, should show the score as well, so we know whether or not we're clicking on something that's good.

Redesign is fucking sick. Usually I hate anything that changes, but you guys really outdone yourselves. Love it.

thegreatbunsenburner
thegreatbunsenburner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Filmmaker
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 09:40:35 Reply

The redesign looks amazing; keep up the great work. I was definitely a bit disoriented at first (a little moreso than the last redesign), but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Thoughts so far:
The art backgrounds are a great change. I like how it draws more attention to the art portal, which really has a lot of quality work in it.

The organization of movies/games into categories is really helpful when I'm trying to find something along the lines of a specific genre. Great work!

Keeping the classic portal was a smart move, although I find myself moving further away from it due to the categories system. I would have never thought that would happen.

The new profile tweaks (new icons, layout) are really nice. Would it be possible to add chat information other than AIM, though? Also, although I technically am a filmmaker, it would be neat if there were a "writer" aura. What are the chances of that being added?

Dumping grounds? AWESOME. Was that there before?

Notifications icon? AWESOME. Although it would be neat if the icon changed when there were new notifications (a number system or a different graphic set would work).

The new front page is great! I found the large icons to be a bit of an overload at first, but I'm getting used to it. I like how the title and rating (t,m,e,etc) pop up when you hover over the icon. Would it be possible to also include the author's name?

It's great that you have an iphone games section, but will there be apps available for other OSs?

Bottom line: great job, as always guys. Keep up the great work, and thank you for the years of entertainment.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 10:28:31 Reply

WAIT WHERE IS CAT DYNAMICS THIS IS TERRIBLE

also having the play movie button continually making noises if you have autoplay disabled is horrendously annoying

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 10:44:50 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, jonthomson wrote: WAIT WHERE IS CAT DYNAMICS THIS IS TERRIBLE

also having the play movie button continually making noises if you have autoplay disabled is horrendously annoying

:(

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 10:57:36 Reply

At 27 minutes ago, jonthomson wrote: also having the play movie button continually making noises if you have autoplay disabled is horrendously annoying

Completely agree.

cousteau
cousteau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 11:33:17 Reply

*sees new Newgrounds*

Redesign 2012 Complete!

antdude
antdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 12:01:27 Reply

Hi!

I don't like the new design/format for the audio tracks. With the old one's lists, I could see the dates of the latest tunes like on http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/browse/genre/trance ... Now, I can't see which ones are new and old in the lists with their specific dates easily. I would have to pick each one to see which one is new and I don't have time for that. :(

Did I miss an option to show those or is it not there? Thank you in advance. :)

Ant @ Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) and The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

BBS Signature
Sumbody69
Sumbody69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 12:36:23 Reply

I am kinda upset that your art portal no longer has any way to shuffle through the new art *next button* like you used to have. At least i could not for the life of me find that button if there is one. Please put that option back in cause having to click the back arrow on my mozilla bar is annoying as hell. If there is a "next" button somewhere please tell me cause i love the art portal and i check it daily, i will probly not check it that often anymore because of this simple screw up.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 12:37:42 Reply

Well, this is going to take some getting used to...

Not that that's a bad thing.

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Kickstarter. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 13:03:23 Reply

At 16 minutes ago, Sumbody69 wrote: I am kinda upset that your art portal no longer has any way to shuffle through the new art *next button* like you used to have.

Pretty sure that's one of the things that got 'lost in the shuffle' and will be added back... eventually.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 13:05:02 Reply

At A few seconds ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 16 minutes ago, Sumbody69 wrote: I am kinda upset that your art portal no longer has any way to shuffle through the new art *next button* like you used to have.
Pretty sure that's one of the things that got 'lost in the shuffle' and will be added back... eventually.

Yeah. I'm mostly noticing the lack of "other submissions by this artist" in the audio portal, as well as an inability to view reviews on all your submissions. I may just be missing something, though.

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Kickstarter. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-11 13:21:12 Reply

Really good job guys, love the redesign. Now you should redesign a new T-Shirt for the new NG because I need a new one.