00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign Bug Reporting

41,050 Views | 394 Replies

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-23 20:39:57

At 5/23/12 08:38 PM, Shade wrote: Everything's gone black for me all of a sudden, I don't see any grey, no orange background, just black.

Yep, same here.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-23 20:46:58

At 5/23/12 08:38 PM, Shade wrote: Everything's gone black for me all of a sudden, I don't see any grey, no orange background, just black.

yeah its been doing the same to me for the past...10-15 minutes ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-23 20:47:51

At 5/23/12 08:34 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 5/23/12 08:33 PM, Wavepad wrote: Is This right?
This is what happened to my computer.
It's happening to everyone, give it some time and it'll get fixed.

i remember this happening a few times in the past, just give it a bit and everything will be fine

so stop commenting about it

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-23 21:05:39

Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-23 21:07:15

At 5/23/12 09:05 PM, Wavepad wrote: Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.

You posted this once already.

Transient error, everything should have been okay for the past 15-20 minutes.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-24 16:47:01

At 5/23/12 09:07 PM, liljim wrote:
At 5/23/12 09:05 PM, Wavepad wrote: Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.
You posted this once already.

Transient error, everything should have been okay for the past 15-20 minutes.

Thanks, It works now it was slow when It came back it still works though.
sorry that I already posted about that.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-26 22:22:47

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intended, but there's no timeline on videos that show up on newgrounds when you click youtube links. I'd like to be able to tell if I'm about to sit through a 10 second video or a 30 minute video.

I know this one was intended, and I think it only happens in chrome, but when I middle click youtube links, I'd really rather them open in a new tab because that is the entire reason behind me middle clicking it and not just clicking it. I don't want to have to copy the link, open a new tab, and then paste it just so I can see how long the video is or full screen it or whatever. It's annoying as fuck.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-27 07:29:11

At 5/26/12 10:22 PM, Squidbit wrote: I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intended, but there's no timeline on videos that show up on newgrounds when you click youtube links.

That's a Chrome quirk. Try another browser and you should see that.

I know this one was intended, and I think it only happens in chrome, but when I middle click youtube links, I'd really rather them open in a new tab <snip>

And so is that - both are out of our control, I think.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-28 13:46:39

At 5/28/12 01:33 PM, macmillion wrote: - Windows 7 64 bit
- Firefox 12 and Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52

Whenever I go in the Games, Movies, Audio, Art, Channels, and Shop sections of the site, the log-out button has a weird glitch where the orange color bleeds through. It's hard to explain so looking at the photo should do the trick.

I'm going to assume that this is a bug with the CSS of the site and just contacting Bob might be a bit more efficient but I figured that I would post it here in case it isn't a problem with the CSS and instead it's something else. Also to see if anyone else is getting this problem.

yeah i experience that too...but it doesn't really bother me really all
because i never click that anyways ._.

although i want to point this out...whenever i comment on a news post it shows the time stamp thingy saying its a few minutes ahead of what it really is and when you refresh it goes back to the normal time and then back to what it said the first time
like if i write out a comment and click submit it shows that i submitted it __ minutes ago but when i refresh it says a few seconds ago then refreshing again it goes back to the __ minutes ago

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-05-29 18:15:38

It may not be a bug as much as a design flaw but whenever I link to a youtube video but I want that video to start at a specific time (say 0:46) the embeded video in the page doesn't start at that time, instead it start the video at the beginning. Example!
A bunch of girls should be laughing at you. Oh they're not? Right click and open in new tab.
The sarcastic smartassery is lost if I have to write "right click before watching dur!" Can we at least choose to have the vid open in a new tab?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-01 05:33:42

ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.
Happens on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and i have the latest versions of each.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-01 13:43:35

- Windows 7
- Firefox

Alright, I searched all around and found no one else having this issue, or reporting it, but whenever I download a song from the audio portal the song doesn't have all the info. Before the redesign, whenever I downloaded a song, it had all the info with it. (see pic below)

I don't know why this is, but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-01 14:05:24

At 6/1/12 05:33 AM, Lionelion wrote: ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.
Happens on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and i have the latest versions of each.

The same thing happens to me but on every section that isn't community. I assume it does the same thing on community too, but the discoloration is actually the right color. Google Chrome.

Also, do you not know how to close tabs?

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-01 14:06:14

At 6/1/12 05:33 AM, Lionelion wrote: ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.

Weird, for me it happens everywhere (except forums and frontpage, since they're brown) and I thought it was intentional design and not a bug (to highlight logout button). Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-02 02:02:37

Still can't reply to reviews guys.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1306249

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-09 07:01:15

At 6/9/12 06:59 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Skaren's page is all fucked up, I'm seeing duplicates of the News Post, and other stuff.
http://skaren.newgrounds.com/

Firefox 12
Windows 7

Getting the same dealio. Same browser and operating system. It's only on Skaren's page, too. Or that I seen, so far. Pretty strange.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-09 07:01:29

At 6/9/12 06:59 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Skaren's page is all fucked up, I'm seeing duplicates of the News Post, and other stuff.
http://skaren.newgrounds.com/

Firefox 12
Windows 7

thats weird...mines not doing that
Firefox 13
Windows 7

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-06-22 15:20:31

At 6/2/12 02:02 AM, II2none wrote: Still can't reply to reviews guys.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1306249

This site is trolling everyone It worked yesterday but now it's gone today.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-09 13:53:46

"my comment are"

Should it be "comment(s)" ???

Redesign Bug Reporting

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-11 12:34:10

People seem to be having trouble uploading images... as discussed in this thread.

I'm also unable to add an image on my news post :(

fix it, Jim!! ;)

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 07:32:00

A bit of a strange one I was co authored for this collab which won the daily 1st although it doesn't show up on my stats. Can this be sorted so I can brag without revealing how much I actually did in the project.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 10:39:59

At 6/30/12 07:56 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Seems that if one sends you a PM with almost all of the characters used then a glitch happens and gives the responder far less characters to respond to the message with...

Whoops, overlooked this. That's fixed.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 10:41:51

At 7/11/12 12:34 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: People seem to be having trouble uploading images... as discussed in this thread.

I'm also unable to add an image on my news post :(
fix it, Jim!! ;)

Does anyone know when, specifically, this started happening? I don't see any changes in the code base in the past few weeks that might have introduced this bug.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 11:19:05

It's disallowing me from uploading stuff to the File Share of an audio project. I've uploaded one thing and any files I try and upload after it simply aren't being accepted. No error messages or anything.

Also, I mentioned this to Tom before but the layout of a Misc. Project preview is all messed up.

Browser: Chrome v20.0.1132.47

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 12:29:56

At 7/12/12 11:19 AM, Step wrote: It's disallowing me from uploading stuff to the File Share of an audio project. I've uploaded one thing and any files I try and upload after it simply aren't being accepted. No error messages or anything.

URLs please.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 12:38:23

This is a little less significant than some of the more recent bugs that have already been brought up, but it still persists and I haven't seen anyone else publicly mention it: people that have received name changes since the chat's launch still appear on the chat user list under their previous usernames, though in the chat window itself, they appear under their current names.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 12:41:12

At 7/12/12 12:29 PM, liljim wrote: URLs please.

Faulty File Share.

Messed-Up Layout

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 12:51:20

My pages take at least 40 seconds to load. Is this related to my ISP giving me dynamic IP address? This started a few months ago, on all browsers. Other sites load fine.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-12 13:18:03

At 7/12/12 12:41 PM, Step wrote: Faulty File Share.

I uploaded a file there just now without issue. What filetypes are you trying to submit?

Messed-Up Layout

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Please take a screenshot, post it, and tell me what you think's wrong in the picture.

Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-07-13 12:09:58

At 7/12/12 01:18 PM, liljim wrote: I uploaded a file there just now without issue. What filetypes are you trying to submit?

I see what the problem is. It's actually letting me upload but for some reason not the same as it used to. Before, I'd choose my file and instantly after I've browsed for the file, a progress bar shows up, it starts loading and then it'd show up as being finished near the 'Upload' button. Now I choose my file and the screen remains like this as if nothing happened. I click 'submit' and then the page starts loading. Maybe half a minute afterwards or so it seems to upload it fine.

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Please take a screenshot, post it, and tell me what you think's wrong in the picture.

I'm seeing this (minus the red stuff of course).

BBS Signature