New Topic Respond to this Topic
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:41 PM Reply

Site seems to be acting a bit strange today, can't seem to get flash or audio content to load.

Firefox 10

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Site seems to be acting a bit strange today, can't seem to get flash or audio content to load.
Firefox 10

Verifying this. I'm using Chrome, newest version. Both games and movies, including movies that use the new video player such as Starbarians, will simply not load whatsoever. Flash gives a white screen and movies show an infinite "loading." Audio simply sits at 00:00 and won't load, however the animations move. Something fishy here today.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:53 PM, hitman1993 wrote:
At 5/10/12 03:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Site seems to be acting a bit strange today, can't seem to get flash or audio content to load.
Firefox 10
Verifying this. I'm using Chrome, newest version. Both games and movies, including movies that use the new video player such as Starbarians, will simply not load whatsoever. Flash gives a white screen and movies show an infinite "loading." Audio simply sits at 00:00 and won't load, however the animations move. Something fishy here today.

Thread icons in any forum won't show beside the thread emote and title. Also some pages won't load completely (just stuck at loading whatever ad is to show on the page after it is showing).

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:57 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Firefox 10
Thread icons in any forum won't show beside the thread emote and title. Also some pages won't load completely (just stuck at loading whatever ad is to show on the page after it is showing).

i seem to be experiencing this too
i tried quite a few different movies and games as well as audio, but everything seems to be doing the same thing
as well as none of the pages wanting to fully load so im stuck without seeing most if not all the icons gone in the forums and on a few on user pages as well
Firefox 12.0

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 04:06 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/10/12 03:57 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Firefox 10
i seem to be experiencing this too
i tried quite a few different movies and games as well as audio, but everything seems to be doing the same thing
as well as none of the pages wanting to fully load so im stuck without seeing most if not all the icons gone in the forums and on a few on user pages as well

Same here. Everything's either extremely slow/laggy or just doesn't load. I tried using both Firefox (12) and Chrome, with the exact same problem. The flash/audio portals are unusable and the icons won't load on the forums. Server issue, possibly?

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 10th, 2012 @ 08:13 PM Reply

well my first problem ended up fixing itself

now my buttons on the top are gone on all the pages i go on and after waiting for a long time they still aren't coming back...

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 14th, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

I was in the art portal and for whatever reason when i was not logged in it gave me the option to respond or delete comments/reviews.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 15th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM Reply

At 5/14/12 10:23 PM, sweet21 wrote: I was in the art portal and for whatever reason when i was not logged in it gave me the option to respond or delete comments/reviews.

And could you? That really freaked me out the first time I encountered that.
When you hit submit, it says you must be logged in or something.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 15th, 2012 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Seems an under judgment bug is back. Super Slumber Party passed awhile back but it still shows up as the last submission under judgment since yesterday.

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 01:39 AM Reply

Well, it's been a month since liljim has bothered to respond to his thread - so much for posting things in appropriate threads. Thanks to SCTE3 and others for taking up the slack.

I have tried to explain to Tom via PM, that my ad-revenue page is not functioning normally. Here is his prompt reply: "Revenue only updates if revenue is earned, so chances are you haven't generated any revenue from your user page and art submissions. The ads are largely performance based and you need to get thousands of impressions before noticing results."

Again, I have no ad-revenue data from the end of March to present. No numbers or stats of any kind. February and March show over 6,000 ad impressions per month..... why the hell would there suddenly be zero? Maybe if I made more of a presence on the BBS or uploaded crass content, Tom would've taken the time to look past my userpage, and into the problem at hand.

I've stated my problem in this thread twice already, so if it's a matter of MY equipment (which seems pretty damn unlikely) I will list the following for your edification, should anyone on staff at Newgrounds give a rat's ass about what they owe me:

Windows XP Pro (32 bit) SP3, 512MB, Dell Latitude D610
Firefox 12.0 - No ad-blocking software installed
Flash Version 11.2.202.235

"There are no statistics available for this view." is the only thing I've been seeing for the past month and a half. Only the all-time and year tabs show anything at all.

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature
EyeLovePoozy
EyeLovePoozy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 01:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: Well, it's been a month since liljim has bothered to respond to his thread - so much for posting things in appropriate threads. Thanks to SCTE3 and others for taking up the slack.

I have tried to explain to Tom via PM, that my ad-revenue page is not functioning normally. Here is his prompt reply: "Revenue only updates if revenue is earned, so chances are you haven't generated any revenue from your user page and art submissions. The ads are largely performance based and you need to get thousands of impressions before noticing results."

Again, I have no ad-revenue data from the end of March to present. No numbers or stats of any kind. February and March show over 6,000 ad impressions per month..... why the hell would there suddenly be zero? Maybe if I made more of a presence on the BBS or uploaded crass content, Tom would've taken the time to look past my userpage, and into the problem at hand.

They're reading this thread bro. What do you want, for them to gently cuddle your nuts while they address bugs?

Take it easy and go about your business. Just because they don't reply to you specifically doesn't mean they're not dealing with it.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 01:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: Again, I have no ad-revenue data from the end of March to present. No numbers or stats of any kind. February and March show over 6,000 ad impressions per month..... why the hell would there suddenly be zero? Maybe if I made more of a presence on the BBS or uploaded crass content, Tom would've taken the time to look past my userpage, and into the problem at hand.

The only content you have on the site is three art submissions with less than 500 views between them. I'm not sure where your user page traffic came from in February - was one of your blog posts linked to from somewhere? The stats aren't reported by CPMStar if no revenue is earned, so the likely case is no revenue was generated by your user page since that time.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 02:21 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:
At 5/16/12 01:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: Again, I have no ad-revenue data from the end of March to present. No numbers or stats of any kind. February and March show over 6,000 ad impressions per month..... why the hell would there suddenly be zero?
They're reading this thread bro. What do you want, for them to gently cuddle your nuts while they address bugs?
Take it easy and go about your business. Just because they don't reply to you specifically doesn't mean they're not dealing with it.

Okay, you've got a point, but when Tom mentions my art work.... I'm not scouted, therefore my art page doesn't accrue any ad-rev (at least, that's what I recall reading) This is specifically about my userpage data and why the big change. I'll make some other inquiries about the minimum for reportable stats and ad-blocking software among my readers. I also realize the ads on the page have to be on screen for the company to pick up on them. And no Tom, I'm not aware of anyone linking to my page.
Legitimate grievances deserve nut cuddling, especially when it comes down to money. If you've ever been screwed out of a paycheck, you'd understand my pensive and agitated inquiries.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

I don't think this counts as a bug per se, but I went over to this one place where the Top 50 are listed and it's only the top 50 and nothing else. I know that there are other places where you can see the highest rated of all time, but that doesn't seem to match up with the Top 50. Is this a glitch or just something new we have to deal with from now on with this redesign?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 16th, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 11:41 AM, Ericho wrote: I don't think this counts as a bug per se, but I went over to this one place where the Top 50 are listed and it's only the top 50 and nothing else. I know that there are other places where you can see the highest rated of all time, but that doesn't seem to match up with the Top 50. Is this a glitch or just something new we have to deal with from now on with this redesign?

The Portal stats page aside from the top 50 Savers/Blammers pages are not updated at this. I guess we just have to wait it out for now.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 19th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

Appears that no one in the art portal is capable of responding to reviews, the options to respond to reviews are missing.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 21st, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 5/9/12 01:34 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 5/9/12 01:02 PM, iMini wrote: I don't know if this counts as a bug more of say, a presumption in grammar... If you go to your userpage, in the top left of the user page section it shows your avatar and alias. However, your alias is auto-capitalised. Meaning in cases of users like me, our names aren't displayed correctly.
Just checked a couple user pages where the first letter of their username is not capitalized. Not a bug, does this on every userpage.

The first thing I said is this isn't a bug. But it's not correctly displaying usernames with the correct grammar. Usernames aren't pro-nouns and so don't have to be capitalised at the start of the word.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 21st, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 01:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: Well, it's been a month since liljim has bothered to respond to his thread - so much for posting things in appropriate threads.

What does responding have to do with reading and acting on the issues reported? The only reason I'm so late to reply to this particular comment is because this is my first day back at work since last Tuesday and I haven't bothered responding to others because many of them have been resolved.

You are misunderstanding the reason for your recent stats not showing. Some of your pages might have had a couple of thousand impressions, but the stats won't show until those impressions generate any revenue. Clearly, they haven't.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 11:45 AM, SCTE3 wrote: The Portal stats page aside from the top 50 Savers/Blammers pages are not updated at this. I guess we just have to wait it out for now.

Okay, thanks. I look forward to that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:42 AM Reply

At 5/21/12 01:47 PM, liljim wrote:
At 5/16/12 01:39 AM, VicariousE wrote: Well, it's been a month since liljim has bothered to respond to his thread - so much for posting things in appropriate threads.
What does responding have to do with reading and acting on the issues reported? The only reason I'm so late to reply to this particular comment is because this is my first day back at work since last Tuesday and I haven't bothered responding to others because many of them have been resolved.

Ok, I can see that the issues posted were resolved, and the other issues were resolved in other posts as well.

You are misunderstanding the reason for your recent stats not showing. Some of your pages might have had a couple of thousand impressions, but the stats won't show until those impressions generate any revenue. Clearly, they haven't.

CPMstar has taken this subject completely out of your hands (my own fault for thinking you had any control or extra data, above and beyond what's on my screen). This company is weird, and was taken over 2 years ago.
About the same time as the placeholder ads went, the lack of ANY info to my ad-rev page started. I'm guessing CPMstar had a different company come in with their own ads and pay scheme (with relation to them, not us).
I'm still trying to figure this out on my own. Since pay-to-click came along, some people have gotten heavily into it, and there are threads about the subject and companies involved. Without any info, I still have the same problem with the same amount of perceived traffic (yeah, I know it's the sign-ups that get the dough, but that looks like all were getting!) Can you get income based on impressions alone?

BBS Signature
Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Is This right?
This is what happened to my computer.

Redesign Bug Reporting

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:33 PM, Wavepad wrote: Is This right?

It's happening to everyone, give it some time and it'll get fixed.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Everything's gone black for me all of a sudden, I don't see any grey, no orange background, just black.

Faintly
Faintly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:38 PM, Shade wrote: Everything's gone black for me all of a sudden, I don't see any grey, no orange background, just black.

Yep, same here.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:38 PM, Shade wrote: Everything's gone black for me all of a sudden, I don't see any grey, no orange background, just black.

Oh, the irony.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

yeah its been doing the same to me for the past...10-15 minutes ._.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 08:34 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 5/23/12 08:33 PM, Wavepad wrote: Is This right?
It's happening to everyone, give it some time and it'll get fixed.

i remember this happening a few times in the past, just give it a bit and everything will be fine

so stop commenting about it
Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 09:05 PM, Wavepad wrote: Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.

You posted this once already.

Transient error, everything should have been okay for the past 15-20 minutes.

Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 24th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 5/23/12 09:07 PM, liljim wrote:
At 5/23/12 09:05 PM, Wavepad wrote: Look what happened to newgrounds when I went in.
You posted this once already.

Transient error, everything should have been okay for the past 15-20 minutes.

Thanks, It works now it was slow when It came back it still works though.
sorry that I already posted about that.

BBS Signature