New Topic Respond to this Topic
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intended, but there's no timeline on videos that show up on newgrounds when you click youtube links. I'd like to be able to tell if I'm about to sit through a 10 second video or a 30 minute video.

I know this one was intended, and I think it only happens in chrome, but when I middle click youtube links, I'd really rather them open in a new tab because that is the entire reason behind me middle clicking it and not just clicking it. I don't want to have to copy the link, open a new tab, and then paste it just so I can see how long the video is or full screen it or whatever. It's annoying as fuck.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 27th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 5/26/12 10:22 PM, Squidbit wrote: I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intended, but there's no timeline on videos that show up on newgrounds when you click youtube links.

That's a Chrome quirk. Try another browser and you should see that.

I know this one was intended, and I think it only happens in chrome, but when I middle click youtube links, I'd really rather them open in a new tab <snip>

And so is that - both are out of our control, I think.

macmillion
macmillion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 28th, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

- Windows 7 64 bit
- Firefox 12 and Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52

Whenever I go in the Games, Movies, Audio, Art, Channels, and Shop sections of the site, the log-out button has a weird glitch where the orange color bleeds through. It's hard to explain so looking at the photo should do the trick.

I'm going to assume that this is a bug with the CSS of the site and just contacting Bob might be a bit more efficient but I figured that I would post it here in case it isn't a problem with the CSS and instead it's something else. Also to see if anyone else is getting this problem.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 28th, 2012 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 01:33 PM, macmillion wrote: - Windows 7 64 bit
- Firefox 12 and Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52

Whenever I go in the Games, Movies, Audio, Art, Channels, and Shop sections of the site, the log-out button has a weird glitch where the orange color bleeds through. It's hard to explain so looking at the photo should do the trick.

I'm going to assume that this is a bug with the CSS of the site and just contacting Bob might be a bit more efficient but I figured that I would post it here in case it isn't a problem with the CSS and instead it's something else. Also to see if anyone else is getting this problem.

yeah i experience that too...but it doesn't really bother me really all
because i never click that anyways ._.

although i want to point this out...whenever i comment on a news post it shows the time stamp thingy saying its a few minutes ahead of what it really is and when you refresh it goes back to the normal time and then back to what it said the first time
like if i write out a comment and click submit it shows that i submitted it __ minutes ago but when i refresh it says a few seconds ago then refreshing again it goes back to the __ minutes ago

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting May. 29th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

It may not be a bug as much as a design flaw but whenever I link to a youtube video but I want that video to start at a specific time (say 0:46) the embeded video in the page doesn't start at that time, instead it start the video at the beginning. Example!
A bunch of girls should be laughing at you. Oh they're not? Right click and open in new tab.
The sarcastic smartassery is lost if I have to write "right click before watching dur!" Can we at least choose to have the vid open in a new tab?

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 05:33 AM Reply

ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.
Happens on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and i have the latest versions of each.

Redesign Bug Reporting

TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

- Windows 7
- Firefox

Alright, I searched all around and found no one else having this issue, or reporting it, but whenever I download a song from the audio portal the song doesn't have all the info. Before the redesign, whenever I downloaded a song, it had all the info with it. (see pic below)

I don't know why this is, but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 6/1/12 05:33 AM, Lionelion wrote: ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.
Happens on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and i have the latest versions of each.

The same thing happens to me but on every section that isn't community. I assume it does the same thing on community too, but the discoloration is actually the right color. Google Chrome.

Also, do you not know how to close tabs?
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 6/1/12 01:43 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: - Windows 7
- Firefox

Alright, I searched all around and found no one else having this issue, or reporting it, but whenever I download a song from the audio portal the song doesn't have all the info. Before the redesign, whenever I downloaded a song, it had all the info with it. (see pic below)

I don't know why this is, but it's kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance.

I've been having that same problem for the last couple of weeks. The song file has all the info but adding it to windows media player or itunes presents it in that form as shown in your image. I just look at the song file and write in the info for it.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
shinobody
shinobody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 6/1/12 05:33 AM, Lionelion wrote: ok, im seeing this happen every time i go to play a game. this discoloration doesnt happen on any other part of the site, like when viewing art, or when watching a movie, or when listening to music, or even when browsing the forums. it only happens when im playing a game.

Weird, for me it happens everywhere (except forums and frontpage, since they're brown) and I thought it was intentional design and not a bug (to highlight logout button). Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Still can't reply to reviews guys.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1306249

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 6/9/12 06:59 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Skaren's page is all fucked up, I'm seeing duplicates of the News Post, and other stuff.
http://skaren.newgrounds.com/

Firefox 12
Windows 7

Getting the same dealio. Same browser and operating system. It's only on Skaren's page, too. Or that I seen, so far. Pretty strange.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 6/9/12 06:59 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Skaren's page is all fucked up, I'm seeing duplicates of the News Post, and other stuff.
http://skaren.newgrounds.com/

Firefox 12
Windows 7

thats weird...mines not doing that
Firefox 13
Windows 7

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 02:02 AM, II2none wrote: Still can't reply to reviews guys.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1306249

This site is trolling everyone It worked yesterday but now it's gone today.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

Seems that if one sends you a PM with almost all of the characters used then a glitch happens and gives the responder far less characters to respond to the message with...

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

"my comment are"

Should it be "comment(s)" ???

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

People seem to be having trouble uploading images... as discussed in this thread.

I'm also unable to add an image on my news post :(

fix it, Jim!! ;)
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 07:32 AM Reply

A bit of a strange one I was co authored for this collab which won the daily 1st although it doesn't show up on my stats. Can this be sorted so I can brag without revealing how much I actually did in the project.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 07:48 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 01:53 PM, Raab wrote: "my comment are"

Should it be "comment(s)" ???

I noticed it.

original I am.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 07:56 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Seems that if one sends you a PM with almost all of the characters used then a glitch happens and gives the responder far less characters to respond to the message with...

Whoops, overlooked this. That's fixed.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 7/11/12 12:34 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: People seem to be having trouble uploading images... as discussed in this thread.

I'm also unable to add an image on my news post :(
fix it, Jim!! ;)

Does anyone know when, specifically, this started happening? I don't see any changes in the code base in the past few weeks that might have introduced this bug.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

It's disallowing me from uploading stuff to the File Share of an audio project. I've uploaded one thing and any files I try and upload after it simply aren't being accepted. No error messages or anything.

Also, I mentioned this to Tom before but the layout of a Misc. Project preview is all messed up.

Browser: Chrome v20.0.1132.47

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 11:19 AM, Step wrote: It's disallowing me from uploading stuff to the File Share of an audio project. I've uploaded one thing and any files I try and upload after it simply aren't being accepted. No error messages or anything.

URLs please.

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

This is a little less significant than some of the more recent bugs that have already been brought up, but it still persists and I haven't seen anyone else publicly mention it: people that have received name changes since the chat's launch still appear on the chat user list under their previous usernames, though in the chat window itself, they appear under their current names.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 12:29 PM, liljim wrote: URLs please.

Faulty File Share.

Messed-Up Layout

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 12:51 PM Reply

My pages take at least 40 seconds to load. Is this related to my ISP giving me dynamic IP address? This started a few months ago, on all browsers. Other sites load fine.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 12:41 PM, Step wrote: Faulty File Share.

I uploaded a file there just now without issue. What filetypes are you trying to submit?

Messed-Up Layout

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Please take a screenshot, post it, and tell me what you think's wrong in the picture.

macmillion
macmillion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

OS - Windows 7 64 bit
BROWSERS - Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47 AND Firefox 13.0.1

When I go to the classic portal and see the blams from yesterday, I see a different number then when I go to the obituary page for it. Perhaps it's only recording actual blams on the classic portal page while the obituary page counts the ones deleted by admins.

PIC

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 13th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 01:18 PM, liljim wrote: I uploaded a file there just now without issue. What filetypes are you trying to submit?

I see what the problem is. It's actually letting me upload but for some reason not the same as it used to. Before, I'd choose my file and instantly after I've browsed for the file, a progress bar shows up, it starts loading and then it'd show up as being finished near the 'Upload' button. Now I choose my file and the screen remains like this as if nothing happened. I click 'submit' and then the page starts loading. Maybe half a minute afterwards or so it seems to upload it fine.

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Please take a screenshot, post it, and tell me what you think's wrong in the picture.

I'm seeing this (minus the red stuff of course).

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting Jul. 15th, 2012 @ 02:08 PM Reply

Wrote two separate art reviews on a single piece of art with neither one showing up after refreshing the page a few times. Also same goes for the sentbox, go to check and see if you sent anything and it's also empty.

BBS Signature