New Topic Respond to this Topic
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 09:56:23 Reply

At 9 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote: Also please specify your browser. It seems on Firefox I see the tilted one and on Chrome I see a straight vertical one. My friend who has Chrome also sees the straight one even though I changed it to the tilted one...

Im currently using google chrome and i see the slightly tilted one with a darkish blue glow... have you tried refreshing your page to upload the icon seen as you changed it... it may be getting the information from the computer rather then looking at the new picture...

sorry for double post

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 09:58:28 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, ZombieMonkey wrote:
Another Chrome-specific problem. Tom knows about it and they're working on fixing it.

I haven't had one problem using the html and i am using chrome.

see see see see see

Strange.

BBS Signature
Littleluckylink
Littleluckylink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:02:21 Reply

I don't think this one has been posted.

In the classic portal, the number of submissions and blams is listed as 0.

(Windows Vista, 32-bit, Firefox.)

Windmill Windmill for the land

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:02:26 Reply

Sometimes when I hear a song in the audio portal, it tends to do this(*= bug starts):
beep boop, *bebebebebebebebeep boop.
It's like a lagging noise. I turned off the visuals, but it still happens. This only happens sometimes.

-Firefox
-Windows XP.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:02:32 Reply

At 1 minute ago, LegolaSS wrote: Im currently using google chrome and i see the slightly tilted one with a darkish blue glow... have you tried refreshing your page to upload the icon seen as you changed it... it may be getting the information from the computer rather then looking at the new picture...

sorry for double post
At 7 minutes ago, nconde25 wrote: i see it like this--> \
i'm using FF10

That's really weird. I cleared my cache and it was fine (titled how it's supposed to be with the dark glow). I suppose when the icon is changed the cache doesn't register the change for some people.

Also, another bug. Mind checking to make sure I'm not the only one?

When I edit a response, the edited response shows up under the old response, rather than replacing it.

Browser: Chrome v17.0.963.46

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:03:33 Reply

Forgot pic.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:05:25 Reply

When browsing the pages of the calendar this message came up:

You don't have permission to access /calendar/july/2013 on this server.

After a few minutes and a couple of refreshes i was able to access the page.

Chrome
Vista 64-bit

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 10:17:51 Reply

just noticed this in the art fourm...

when i posted a link to a piece of artwork... it goes and browses the art portal... not the piece of artwork
( or is this me just not able to use the link )

• Coming Through
    Coming Through by ShawnCoss

Created in photoshop with techniques derived from Andrew "Android" Jones and with a reference photo from the amazing http://photoport.devianta rt.com/ Which I forogt to ask for permission to use, so if this is gone in the next couple of days, you'll know why, and I take full blame. Did want to point out though that though the figure is referenced, it wasn't traced in anyway. Not that I have anything against tracers but I worked hard and with a cramped left hand to get down her form perfect....just to clear that up and here's where my thoughts are at on this piece. The song "beautiful" by 10 years really says a lot to me about how we view ourselves and in comparison to those on television. We spend hundreds of dollars on products that make us look younger, erase wrinkles, enhancing our breasts and even bleach our assholes. Anything to stay beautiful because we don't want to be overlooked, we want that feeling of importance...that feeling that someone will remember you because of how you look. After awhile, we change ourselves so much that we forget what we used to look like, or how we behaved, because we were so used to feeling the same way we looked, and that's fake. And what remains is the beautiful being we truly were, only now it has withered and died, and what's left is something uglier. And as always, eyesockets be raped if you steal this! EDIT: thank you all for the front page hookup. Support all art!

Score
    / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+

: also text after it with the double dot didn't seem to work, but i bet it does this time

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 12:29:17 Reply

Since we're on the topic of userpage comments, this one's pre-redesign, so i figured it would be sorted with the redesign and didn't bother reporting it at the time i first learned it happened. The exact details of how it happened might be a bit fuzzy since it was sometime last year.

Apparently, you can only check comments that are pending approval on one of your userpage posts once. Once you do, if you go to check a second or nth time, all you can see is a count for how many exist and two "ALL" buttons.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 13:09:59 Reply

it says i have 23 art submissions
but im not scouted so i only have 20
and i only have 20
nothing really major i guess

Firefox 10
Windows 7

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
LordZeebmork
LordZeebmork
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 13:28:44 Reply

It might be a good idea to force linebreaks in popups, so things like this don't happen. (I'd post that screenshot here, but I can't crop or convert it because aptitude is being terrible and uninstalling everything on my system.)

Also, are we ever getting .png support?

wolf piss

Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 13:50:57 Reply

Clicking where shown leads to an error page.
http://www.newgrounds.com/blams-and-saves
This is the URL that it links to.

Browser: Firefox 11

Redesign Bug Reporting

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
jerremyfisher
jerremyfisher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 14:14:02 Reply

I have earned medals that are not being added to my toal points. i can see the medals are unlocked and the point are there but not in my score.

im using the most recent firefox browser.
windows 7 home premium

PoopyMcButt
PoopyMcButt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 14:54:00 Reply

Newgrounds has worked just fine for me the past few days. But out of nowhere all the submission pages I go to say "Missing Plug-in"
What plugin do i need? My flash player works fine on other sites, and the ads are working. Its not auto detecting a plugin ether.

Browser: Google Chrome 17.0.963.46
OPS: Windows 7
anyone else have this issue?

Please help :l

Redesign Bug Reporting

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 14:59:05 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, PoopyMcButt wrote: Newgrounds has worked just fine for me the past few days. But out of nowhere all the submission pages I go to say "Missing Plug-in"
What plugin do i need? My flash player works fine on other sites, and the ads are working. Its not auto detecting a plugin ether.

Browser: Google Chrome 17.0.963.46
OPS: Windows 7
anyone else have this issue?

Please help :l

As far as i can tell, only Chrome users have reported having this same issue. If you have another browser installed, i recommend you use that as a workaround until the staff fix whatever isn't working between NG and Chrome.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:06:53 Reply

On the bottom navigation bar, the users nav button is not working for me. I think I heard someone mention before it didn't work, It must be an issue with Firefox.

If I try to open link in new tab, I'm being directed to this page. If I find any more bugs Ill report them to you guys.

Browser: Firefox 9.0.1

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:20:25 Reply

Awesome!

HTML buttons work again!

BBS Signature
TheRainbowZilla
TheRainbowZilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:26:21 Reply

At 19 hours ago, TheRainbowZilla wrote: Firefox 10, Windows 7.

Found another weird glitch. Sometimes, when clicking the username of someone on the BBS, the userpage doesn't load. Sometimes if you refresh it loads but other times it keeps looking like this:

Redesign Bug Reporting

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature
vinovin
vinovin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:31:01 Reply

i cant crop my user or profile icon.

internet explorer 8

i like games
my first language is not english

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:56:53 Reply

In Opera (Version 11.61, Windows 7, 64 bit) the "Delete" button on the newspost is slightly higher than the other buttons.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:57:05 Reply

At 28 minutes ago, TheRainbowZilla wrote: Found another weird glitch. Sometimes, when clicking the username of someone on the BBS, the userpage doesn't load. Sometimes if you refresh it loads but other times it keeps looking like this:

I have this problem too and I'm on Chrome. Perhaps you should tell Tom about it.

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 15:58:59 Reply

I wouldn't call it a bug, but it certainly bugs me.

On the forums, you no longer see an exact time and date when a post is made, just "xx minutes ago", and that's something I'd like to see back.

Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 16:01:20 Reply

At A few seconds ago, Spikrodd wrote: I wouldn't call it a bug, but it certainly bugs me.

On the forums, you no longer see an exact time and date when a post is made, just "xx minutes ago", and that's something I'd like to see back.

It has already been that way even a long time before the redesign. Please stick to bug reporting only, that's where this topic is for.

Pokemonpoeguygcn
Pokemonpoeguygcn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 17:01:48 Reply

I searched through the thread and nobody else has posted here about this.
Anytime I open up an art submission like this one from the Art Portal, the page will sometimes look like this.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 17:06:09 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: I searched through the thread and nobody else has posted here about this.
Anytime I open up an art submission like this one from the Art Portal, the page will sometimes look like this.

Yes, this happens for me as well sometimes. I guess this is not really a bug but a case of the CSS not loading properly.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 18:05:25 Reply

My friend and I can approve of each other's beta testing requests for projects in the project manager, but after we do that, we can't access the beta that we just approved being the tester for.

Safari, Windows 7

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

tinm23
tinm23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 18:38:02 Reply

Voting does not work in SSL viahttps://www.newgrounds.com.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 18:55:27 Reply

Got this bug yesterday while browsing the BBS on my iPod touch with the latest iOs (5.0.1)

Basically some of the text on the forums are normal, and some are itty tiny bity cant see.

On this picture you can tell, the first post is okay, while the two others are ridiculously unreadable.

Redesign Bug Reporting

JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 18:58:03 Reply

Now I have 4 awards put in the stat screen it says I have both 4 award and 2.

Now 2 of them I got as a solo project and the other 2 as part of collaborations where I was not the uploader. While I didn't upload it it's still my award.

Nakoruru has the same issue, she shares an award with me. Since she is a VA all her awards have come from that, so now she doesn't have any awards...

I hope this is a bug. If this was an intentional design choice that wouldn't be fair. Say an artist hires a programmer to code a game both of them work very hard together and both put in as much of an effort. So who gets the award is determined by who uploads... not cool.

Redesign Bug Reporting

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Redesign Bug Reporting 2012-02-09 19:25:38 Reply

Browser: Google Chrome

The text under the flash submission, while viewing all the post of a certain user, is smaller than the rest of the text. It isn't like that on any other page.

Redesign Bug Reporting