00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Represent A Country 2012 [Contest]

42,185 Views | 357 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-16 13:47:15

At 7 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: I've no idea, I was concerned throughout the contest about lack of contact from many of the entries but they bobbed up at the last minute for confirmation. I'm really hoping this will be the case here. :/

Have you tried sending out PM's? That should probably wake 'em up.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-17 05:33:50

At 15 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: I've no idea, I was concerned throughout the contest about lack of contact from many of the entries but they bobbed up at the last minute for confirmation. I'm really hoping this will be the case here. :/
Have you tried sending out PM's? That should probably wake 'em up.

I do send out newsletter emails each week, but I will send out a PM tonight! :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-17 08:36:54

Al....most...Done....

Argh. Writing Waltzes is proving very difficult indeed. Ich finde dieser Wettbewerb ist sehr interessant.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-17 15:17:50

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-17 16:35:25

Wow, some really great music going into this comp! Keep it up guys! :D

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-17 17:45:18

I know the deadline is pass due from the first post regarding the rules and whatnot.... are there any free slots open to add a track? I've not been on this site for awhile based on publishing any music but I'd love to rep a country if I may still be able to.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 08:36:32

At 14 hours ago, S-Rock wrote: I know the deadline is pass due from the first post regarding the rules and whatnot.... are there any free slots open to add a track? I've not been on this site for awhile based on publishing any music but I'd love to rep a country if I may still be able to.

It's a bit late now considering all the acts have to be submitted today :/

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 08:54:14

This message has been sent to all those still to submit their tracks. A few people who haven't submitted have been left of the list as they've kept contact so it's safe to assume they will submit tracks. Anyway...

"You haven't submitted your entry...

Hey,

Today is the final day for submitting RAC entries and we have not yet received your entry. If you don't intent to submit your entry you should have told us this sooner. We have all been working hard towards this contest and it is so rude to sign up and not inform the people concerned that you are no longer taking part. As well as the fact that your country could have gone to a prospective participant. Unless we receive your entry today you will be disqualified and as a result banned from the next contest. We appreciate being respected as I'm sure you do too.

If you do intend to submit your entry I apologise you've had to receive this and I wish you luck in the contest.

NeonProject"

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 11:43:22

At 2 hours ago, NeonProject wrote:
NeonProject"

Well,i think what you had said about the deadline most people took it as: 19th the deadline,not 18th and making the list 19th.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 12:55:21

Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 15:00:18

Here's my entry. (sorry for it having to be at the last minute)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 18:16:09

Greece is here... more or less. I'm not sure if it turned out Greek enough, but it's one of my favorite pieces. :/

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 18:46:54

Well Good luck to everyone and I hope the best Song/Beat Wins. Best as in, The most emotion filled/meaningful sound.

Keep up the great work, I've been listening to most of the entries. I gotta say so far....http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/476577 has my vote :)

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 19:14:10

Sounding good guys! Though Neon, you haven't done anything wrong, why apologise to late peops?

BAMP all up in this.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 19:21:28

At 5 minutes ago, AKACCMIOF wrote: Sounding good guys! Though Neon, you haven't done anything wrong, why apologise to late peops?

BAMP all up in this.

Don't worry, I can act a dick if I have to :) Some people have been saying they've not had enough time when the contest has been running for 3 months. :/

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 19:29:15

It's all good, 3 months is more than enough time. At least we have a challenge going now that more are coming in!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 19:54:56

Okay, so my piece is coming up to be around 4:20-4:30, as much as I'm trying to compress it as much as possible, is it really that bad, or can I keep the excess?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 20:51:12

Working on finishing this beast up. It's been a challenge working with a song that if put in one project would take up 14gigs of RAM. Any little mistake takes a lifetime to fix. It'll be up sometime tonight though.

I also mistook the deadline for tomorrow but oh well.

Damn Hollywood Brass & Strings and their 10k sample patches. I blame them.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 22:29:13

Hey guys

This is EGYPT!

I know, horrible, but it's my first go at composing.

Benny

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-18 23:59:29

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 03:49:29

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 04:28:02

So it's 3am and I'm still having trouble fixing some issues and my brain is melted. I'll finish it tomorrow. You can accept it , deny it, scold me, w/e you like.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 05:05:39

I will be checking all the entries at 3PM GMT today, any entries still entered before that time WILL be accepted as that is the checking time :) I'm so glad we've had so many last surge entries. I can't wait to hear the tracks.

Time limits do allow for 15 seconds over and under the set time limit, so if you'r struggling with that area try to keep within 15 seconds of the set limits.

Catch you all later!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 07:19:35

Nice to see that a lot of the submissions did flood in at the end.

Sorry I didn't get my research posted up on Tuesday like I said I would but I ended up being really busy and then St.Patrick's Day and the subsequent hangover meant I could only do it today. But it's done and that's all that matters.

I look forward to returning from Berlin at the end of the week and see how things progressed.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 11:31:43

At 6 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: I will be checking all the entries at 3PM GMT today, any entries still entered before that time WILL be accepted as that is the checking time :) I'm so glad we've had so many last surge entries. I can't wait to hear the tracks.

Ah, so you mean the deadline is today, rather than midnight yesterday? I've got a couple of things I'd want to cleanup then, guess I'll get to work!

Time limits do allow for 15 seconds over and under the set time limit, so if you'r struggling with that area try to keep within 15 seconds of the set limits.

Err, my song's 4:26, is that that much of a problem? I GUESS I could cut off certain segments, but I'll only do it if it's absolutely necessary.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 11:50:03

That's it guys! Everything is all set! The forms are just about to be sent off to the Juries and all the blocks have been decided... Here are the accepted entries and the blocks they are in!

Block 1
#1 LiquidOoze - Black Keys [Japan]
#2 Rahmemhotep - Ayaklanma Bok [Turkey]

Block 2
#3 Moonburn - Maurya Thunder [India]
#4 NimbleKidx - Germanic Impressions[Germany]

Block 3
#5 PeppersMoD - Ghana Campfire [Ghana]
#6 JJM - Hope [Mexico]

Block 4
#7 Airprogressive - København Goes Up! [Denmark]
#8 Samulis - Grecian Dances [Greece]

Block 5
#9 DJ Harlock - Jotunheim [Norway]
#10 ZigZag - Osiris' Faahkt [Egypt]

Block 6
#11 Adam Beilgard - What If [Ireland]
#12 CamoShark - Franc-Maçonnerie [France]

I will send everyone a PM now reminding you all that you need to vote. You will have to rank all 8 entries outside your block and those rankings will be combine with the other person rankings to make your blocks vote.
The points system has had to be changed as we are 2 entries short of the requirement for the previous points system, so now... the points given out will be 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,19,24. In each round of points 2 entries will not receive any points whilst the other 10 do, so the points will be very competitive and exciting... hopefully ^^"

11 Entries have been disqualified which is a bit upsetting, I'm heavily disappointed that many people had to be put in that position but at the same time a lot of people put so much effort in this, especially you guys and it annoys me that people can be so rude. Anyways... they're not important now. It's all about you guys!

I'm about to also send out a PM to the people who expressed interest in the skype interviews, if you haven't already try to get in quick!

Good Luck everyone, Starting Monday the results will start to be slowly unveiled. Lets support each other and give out lots of reviews and get excited over the results in this thread. You've all worked hard and you all deserve to do so well!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 12:37:02

This looks like a kool kontest. Too bad I'm fucking late for the show. When will it happen again? Hope not until next year.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 13:13:56

Turns out I was lucky enough to get a vote in due to you're good planning Neon.

Was actually a little more difficult to make the list than I thought it would have been because there's some real nice pieces. Can't imagine what it you have been like with another 10 to choose from.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 13:19:41

At 1 hour ago, NeonProject wrote:
I will send everyone a PM now reminding you all that you need to vote. You will have to rank all 8 entries outside your block and those rankings will be combine with the other person rankings to make your blocks vote.

I'm about to also send out a PM to the people who expressed interest in the skype interviews, if you haven't already try to get in quick!

Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?

I said in an e-mail I'd do an interview. Still available if you need me.

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 13:50:47

At 28 minutes ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?

I'm pretty sure he meant just 8.

There's 12 of us in total and you can't vote within your own block so that brings us down to 8/10 to choose from, because of this 2 acts will receive 0 points.