Be a Supporter!

Represent A Country 2012 [Contest]

  • 28,542 Views
  • 366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 04:28 AM Reply

So it's 3am and I'm still having trouble fixing some issues and my brain is melted. I'll finish it tomorrow. You can accept it , deny it, scold me, w/e you like.

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:05 AM Reply

I will be checking all the entries at 3PM GMT today, any entries still entered before that time WILL be accepted as that is the checking time :) I'm so glad we've had so many last surge entries. I can't wait to hear the tracks.

Time limits do allow for 15 seconds over and under the set time limit, so if you'r struggling with that area try to keep within 15 seconds of the set limits.

Catch you all later!

PeppersMoD
PeppersMoD
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:19 AM Reply

Nice to see that a lot of the submissions did flood in at the end.

Sorry I didn't get my research posted up on Tuesday like I said I would but I ended up being really busy and then St.Patrick's Day and the subsequent hangover meant I could only do it today. But it's done and that's all that matters.

I look forward to returning from Berlin at the end of the week and see how things progressed.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: I will be checking all the entries at 3PM GMT today, any entries still entered before that time WILL be accepted as that is the checking time :) I'm so glad we've had so many last surge entries. I can't wait to hear the tracks.

Ah, so you mean the deadline is today, rather than midnight yesterday? I've got a couple of things I'd want to cleanup then, guess I'll get to work!

Time limits do allow for 15 seconds over and under the set time limit, so if you'r struggling with that area try to keep within 15 seconds of the set limits.

Err, my song's 4:26, is that that much of a problem? I GUESS I could cut off certain segments, but I'll only do it if it's absolutely necessary.


Innovative works come from lateral thinking. NGADM Paring List 2013!
SoundCloud | Logical-Defiance | Facebook

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:50 AM Reply

That's it guys! Everything is all set! The forms are just about to be sent off to the Juries and all the blocks have been decided... Here are the accepted entries and the blocks they are in!

Block 1
#1 LiquidOoze - Black Keys [Japan]
#2 Rahmemhotep - Ayaklanma Bok [Turkey]

Block 2
#3 Moonburn - Maurya Thunder [India]
#4 NimbleKidx - Germanic Impressions[Germany]

Block 3
#5 PeppersMoD - Ghana Campfire [Ghana]
#6 JJM - Hope [Mexico]

Block 4
#7 Airprogressive - København Goes Up! [Denmark]
#8 Samulis - Grecian Dances [Greece]

Block 5
#9 DJ Harlock - Jotunheim [Norway]
#10 ZigZag - Osiris' Faahkt [Egypt]

Block 6
#11 Adam Beilgard - What If [Ireland]
#12 CamoShark - Franc-Maçonnerie [France]

I will send everyone a PM now reminding you all that you need to vote. You will have to rank all 8 entries outside your block and those rankings will be combine with the other person rankings to make your blocks vote.
The points system has had to be changed as we are 2 entries short of the requirement for the previous points system, so now... the points given out will be 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,19,24. In each round of points 2 entries will not receive any points whilst the other 10 do, so the points will be very competitive and exciting... hopefully ^^"

11 Entries have been disqualified which is a bit upsetting, I'm heavily disappointed that many people had to be put in that position but at the same time a lot of people put so much effort in this, especially you guys and it annoys me that people can be so rude. Anyways... they're not important now. It's all about you guys!

I'm about to also send out a PM to the people who expressed interest in the skype interviews, if you haven't already try to get in quick!

Good Luck everyone, Starting Monday the results will start to be slowly unveiled. Lets support each other and give out lots of reviews and get excited over the results in this thread. You've all worked hard and you all deserve to do so well!

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:37 PM Reply

This looks like a kool kontest. Too bad I'm fucking late for the show. When will it happen again? Hope not until next year.


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
PeppersMoD
PeppersMoD
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

Turns out I was lucky enough to get a vote in due to you're good planning Neon.

Was actually a little more difficult to make the list than I thought it would have been because there's some real nice pieces. Can't imagine what it you have been like with another 10 to choose from.

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, NeonProject wrote:
I will send everyone a PM now reminding you all that you need to vote. You will have to rank all 8 entries outside your block and those rankings will be combine with the other person rankings to make your blocks vote.

I'm about to also send out a PM to the people who expressed interest in the skype interviews, if you haven't already try to get in quick!

Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?

I said in an e-mail I'd do an interview. Still available if you need me.


...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
PeppersMoD
PeppersMoD
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 28 minutes ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?

I'm pretty sure he meant just 8.

There's 12 of us in total and you can't vote within your own block so that brings us down to 8/10 to choose from, because of this 2 acts will receive 0 points.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, PeppersMoD wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?
I'm pretty sure he meant just 8.

There's 12 of us in total and you can't vote within your own block so that brings us down to 8/10 to choose from, because of this 2 acts will receive 0 points.

Little bit of confusion here, since we have 8 votes to do, what do we do with the other two? do we just not vote for them? Is that basically say they're not worth even allotting points? or does that simply mean we'll recognize them later in a different vote?


BBS Signature
PeppersMoD
PeppersMoD
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Cross666 wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, PeppersMoD wrote:
Little bit of confusion here, since we have 8 votes to do, what do we do with the other two? do we just not vote for them? Is that basically say they're not worth even allotting points? or does that simply mean we'll recognize them later in a different vote?

Well when I replied to Neon I just didn't vote for 2 people.

It's like any competition in life not everyone is able to win so unfortunately someone is going to be at the bottom of the pile. But hey it was the taking part that counted really, right? I know I've had fun doing this competition and who's to say the 2 people I left out aren't top of your list getting full marks and vise versa.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

I knew this day woul come.. The day I have to go head to head with Booze has arrived..... MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!!


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I knew this day woul come.. The day I have to go head to head with Booze has arrived..... MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!!

You're a though one, buddy. Good luck to you and me!


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

Yes, you leave two acts out.

I think there's been a bit of mistake with what people think blocks are in general. Treat the people in your block as if they are your ally. Your vote is combined with the other person in your block, you don't compete with them, everyone competes against each other, you just present your votes a block. So if people don't like the results from your blocks vote, you take the shit as a block ;)
No participant votes will be individually revealed as I'm sure you all trust me to keep those votes anonymous and I don't want people to suffer from fall outs or have their music or time here affected negatively by this contest.

At the end sometimes we do 'Block Winner' stats just for fun, but it doesn't affect the final result in any way :)

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

Also... while I'm here...

I've just sent a few PM's to people who've said they want to take part in a chat/ interview for the podcast.
If you're interested and I haven't sent you a PM can you say here please :)

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?

Yeah, I'm happy to do one of the group chat recordings today if we get about 2/3 more people! :D

camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?
Yeah, I'm happy to do one of the group chat recordings today if we get about 2/3 more people! :D

I'm good with that if anyone else's interested!


Innovative works come from lateral thinking. NGADM Paring List 2013!
SoundCloud | Logical-Defiance | Facebook

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 30 minutes ago, camoshark wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?
Yeah, I'm happy to do one of the group chat recordings today if we get about 2/3 more people! :D
I'm good with that if anyone else's interested!

If we get one more person on board we will go ahead with the call in an hour.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.

There won't be a session today now, as we haven't been able to get enough people. Sorry :(

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 31 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.
There won't be a session today now, as we haven't been able to get enough people. Sorry :(

Bummer. What about tomorrow?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

Woah, hold on. I thought "by March 19th" meant we could submit it on the 19th. Why would you end the contest on the 18th or halfway through the 19th when it never specified either of these?


Very Nice.

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 04:52 AM Reply

It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.

At 7 hours ago, Tc572 wrote: Woah, hold on. I thought "by March 19th" meant we could submit it on the 19th. Why would you end the contest on the 18th or halfway through the 19th when it never specified either of these?
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 09:32 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.

Why couldn't you have just told us to turn it in on or before the 18th. Then there would be nothing to clarify


Very Nice.

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 43 minutes ago, Tc572 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.
Why couldn't you have just told us to turn it in on or before the 18th. Then there would be nothing to clarify

I don't understand why people didn't read the messages I sent them explaining this. It was explained from the start, and arguing about it will not help you. You failed to submit your entry before the check, the process was explained countless times and has been very set in stone from the beginning.

samulis
samulis
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 23 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Also... while I'm here...

I've just sent a few PM's to people who've said they want to take part in a chat/ interview for the podcast.
If you're interested and I haven't sent you a PM can you say here please :)

I sent a PM, but I have not gotten a response.


My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 07:27 PM Reply

Oh, for interview, hook me up at 5pm, I'll be making a Skype with username AKACCMIOF, keep stuff simples :)


Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
Nimble
Nimble
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

Guys,podcast? since when was this?


Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature