00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

31,408 Views | 308 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-11 23:42:15

At 1 day ago, JaY11 wrote: since i've been back home are lame wannabe hip-hop shows

wish me luck!
The Contortionist are awesome man, have fun.
times. It's a shame nobody seems to know who they are at live events even though they're album Februus is a prog metal masterpiece.

Thanks! i will definitely have to check out that album. Oh and to the dood that said since I thought chevelle was the best of that lame festival lineup, that my opinion is nil, you can suck my clitorus kkthanx!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-11 23:45:54

At 15 hours ago, Snuff wrote: There's too much negativity in this thread.

Also yes I'm just here to point out obvious facts.

I like your icon :)
MSTRKRFT was to DFA1979 as Yoko Ono was to The Beatles

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 04:59:00

At 14 hours ago, Oliver wrote:
At 6 hours ago, NothingForever wrote: Anybody else have any cool signings stories or events?
I had Between the Buried and Me sign the back of my iPod when they played here with Animals as Leaders, which has since then rubbed off B(
I also got a free shirt from their drummer.

The minute that I get anything signed, I refuse to use it, ever. Whether it be CD's, guitar straps, vinyl, I hardly even look at them (unless they're framed of course), because I'm scared the signatures will fade.

Nice work on the free shirt as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 13:44:04

Hmm, I'm wanting to go to see Say Anything in London, because I love them at the moment and the tickets are £13.25. Only problem is it says you have to be 18 (I have no idea why). I was just wondering what experiences people have had when getting into 18 rated gigs whilst being underage.

I understand that most of you will probably say nobody ever checks, but I want to be sure I'm not going to get there and be turned away at the door. Because that would be a lot of effort and some money wasted.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 14:50:25

Reading festival tics go on sale in twenty mins , rumours of the cure / kasabian / foo fighters headlining. should be awesome. i'm getting fidgets like I used to when I was a kid lol

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 15:28:37

At 1 hour ago, Snuff wrote: Hmm, I'm wanting to go to see Say Anything in London, because I love them at the moment and the tickets are Ã'£13.25. Only problem is it says you have to be 18 (I have no idea why). I was just wondering what experiences people have had when getting into 18 rated gigs whilst being underage.

I understand that most of you will probably say nobody ever checks, but I want to be sure I'm not going to get there and be turned away at the door. Because that would be a lot of effort and some money wasted.

You won't get in without ID, you look about 14. That isn't me trying to offend you, just being realistic. Try and borrow someone else's? It doesn't really matter too much what they look like to be honest, works either way.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 15:34:59

At 44 minutes ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Reading festival tics go on sale in twenty mins , rumours of the cure / kasabian / foo fighters headlining. should be awesome. i'm getting fidgets like I used to when I was a kid lol

So, err.... latitude anybody?

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 17:14:19

Hmm... I don't really know any 18 year olds that look anything like me that would let me take their ID to London.

I'm sure I'll catch them at some point, it seems a little odd that it's an 18 when Rise Against, who probably have the same amount of swearing, as far as I know.

Also, the Gaslight Anthem only have one tour date for the UK and it sold out in like 2 days so now I'm incredibly sad. At least I get a new album soon though.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-12 21:08:30

At 5 hours ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 44 minutes ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Reading festival tics go on sale in twenty mins , rumours of the cure / kasabian / foo fighters headlining. should be awesome. i'm getting fidgets like I used to when I was a kid lol

Didn't get tickets man?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-15 16:52:26

Woo, secret garden party tickets!

Little dragon are playing, I love them so much.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-15 17:32:54

At 2 days ago, Dromedary wrote:
Didn't get tickets man?

ummm no, it's more that reading is utter shite this year.l just like every year since 2008 (2009 was aight i guess).

going to latitude this year instead. it's gonna be tight

also going to see los campesinos in camden in a weeks time or so

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-15 19:27:08

At 1 hour ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2 days ago, Dromedary wrote:
Didn't get tickets man?
ummm no, it's more that reading is utter shite this year.

Just checked it out, there's a few gems in there, but on the whole it looks pretty wank, and not worth the price they're asking.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-16 02:18:27

On the 9th of August, I'm going to see Iron Maiden and Coheed & Cambria. I also am able to go see Tenacious D in a nearby city and later, Garbage. I hope.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-16 09:33:00

Because Leo said it would be shit I figured it would actually be pretty good and I was right. Gaslight Anthem, At The Drive-In, Enter Shikari (as long as they stay away from Common Dreads).

Also tickets for Tenacious D came. I still have no idea why I'm going to see them.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-16 19:40:25

Just last week me and some mates went to this underage music festival by the name of GoodLife. It was mainly mainstream crap like tinie tempah, havana brown, skrillex etc etc, but me and my mates were going off at the club stage where MaRLo and Kid Kaos were performing.

Kid Kaos and MaRLo were easily the best parts of the entire festival, besides 360, who was still only average live. Skrillex was absolutely horrible live, i hated his music before, but it was just atrocious live, twas a shame.

Me and my mates are planning on going to alot of different festivals this year, Main one being Brake out 2012 or something, can barely remember the names of them. Should be a good year along the lines of gigs and music festivals.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-17 17:01:14

I added another show to my list. I just found out the day before the presale, so I only had several hours to inform friends on facebook if anyone wanted to go; no one did. I got my ticket anyway with a decent seat, though if I got it the second if became avalable, I could've gotten a better one. FOREVER ALONE. I'm only going for Garbage, but I checked out the others on iTunes and they sound fine. Good thing the city they're playing in is nearby.

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-27 13:39:25

Oh my god I need to go to Bestival. It's the sickest lineup I have EVER seen.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-27 18:52:33

Seeing This Will Destroy You on the 5th of April, Pelican on the 7th, and Russian Circles on the 30th. What a top month for post-music B)

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-29 23:50:21

Just bought a ticket to Bestival cause all my uni mates are gonna go, theres at least a few decent bands I wanna see e.g New Order, Sigur Ros, MF Doom etc.

Should be fun times.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-30 07:05:47

It's cool that they got Stevie Wonder but that line-up was so shit. The only band I really know any songs of are Gallows and I hardly listen to them at all.

Also Patrick on the Line-up page it said that 'Doom' were playing, not MF Doom. I'm probably being retarded but Idk you might have misread or something.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-30 07:39:24

At 3/30/12 07:05 AM, Snuff wrote: Also Patrick on the Line-up page it said that 'Doom' were playing, not MF Doom. I'm probably being retarded but Idk you might have misread or something.

Doom is MF Doom you narb.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-30 09:00:42

At 3/30/12 07:39 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 3/30/12 07:05 AM, Snuff wrote: Also Patrick on the Line-up page it said that 'Doom' were playing, not MF Doom. I'm probably being retarded but Idk you might have misread or something.
Doom is MF Doom you narb.

Exactly what I meant when I said I was probably being retarded.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-30 17:19:15

At 3/30/12 09:00 AM, Snuff wrote: Exactly what I meant when I said I was probably being retarded.

Guh, you're frickin retarded.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-31 16:39:07

rory just because you're uncool as fuck don't drag us cool people down

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-03-31 19:18:23

Fuck. Sorry guys.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-04-15 08:35:25

wooooooo

going to bestival

wooooooo

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-04-15 13:45:42

At 4/15/12 08:35 AM, Dromedary wrote: wooooooo

going to bestival
wooooooo

Fuck now Bestivals ruined.

Im going to see Maps and Atlases on Tuesday, huzzah.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-04-15 18:07:00

Last Tuesday I went to go see a Lacuna Coil show. I thought that it was sold out and it was a long drive just for myself (2.5 hours) but I decided to go on that day. The ticket was only 25 bucks and there was a signing session a couple hours beforehand. Unfortunately, they were 20 minutes late, so they cancelled the band pictures, but I still got them to sign a couple posters, shake hands with one of them, and exchanged "thanks" with a some of them. They acknowledged my existence :DDDDD

Before they played, there were a few opening acts, including: Darksun, Ashentide, and Otherwise. All unsigned newbies, but were very good. The next day, I drew everything that happened in a comic strip style. I'll scan it and upload soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-04-16 13:30:18

got tickets to bloc party's reunion gig at the koko, bitches are jealous of this shit

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-04-17 07:12:17

At 4/16/12 01:30 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: got tickets to bloc party's reunion gig at the koko, bitches are jealous of this shit

fuck, that will be an incredible gig. i looked at tickets but they're £99 now. hopefully they'll do a bigger tour, i've been waiting for one for so long.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature