New Topic Respond to this Topic
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 8/8/11 06:47 AM, Snuff wrote: Just saw Good Charlotte at the o2 Sheppard's Bush in London.

I've never seen them live although I have wanted to for a while. The last concert I went to was Korn about 4 months ago now :(. I need to get my arse to some more.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 8/8/11 06:49 AM, Decky wrote:
At 8/8/11 06:47 AM, Snuff wrote: Just saw Good Charlotte at the o2 Sheppard's Bush in London.
I've never seen them live although I have wanted to for a while.

I highly recommend them. However I believe that was the last UK venue other than V Festival, which is just filled with (other than them) shit music.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

>Go to a gig
>Sit down
>You're not in a wheelchair
>Does not compute

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 04:42 PM Reply

I saw Ted Nugent a while ago at Ridgefest. I never really listened to his music before so I can't say what songs he played except cat scratch fever. It was pretty damn good, he's still got it for being 60 something. I could have done without the crazy right wing extremist rants in between songs though.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 8/7/11 07:56 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 8/7/11 04:00 AM, AniMetal wrote: Some other "core" bands that are really good are Protest The Hero and TesseracT.
Both these links were already clicked for me B)

Good job, feel proud.

I can't really think of any other "core" bands I like, that aren't oldschool hardcore or occasionally grindcore.

At 8/8/11 04:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: >Go to a gig
>Sit down
>You're not in a wheelchair
>Does not compute

I hate sitting at shows. Even if it's calming as all fuck music, I need to stand.

I remember I saw Mastodon in a all seated venue once and somehow fell asleep. It sucked, cause I actually really liked mastodon but I was just tired from working all day before the show. hahaha

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Not going to washed out anymore, fuck these riots :(

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 8/9/11 02:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Not going to washed out anymore, fuck these riots :(

hahahahaha no stat increase for you

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 8/9/11 02:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Not going to washed out anymore, fuck these riots :(

Damn, feel for you. These riots are fucking stupid, they've spread all around the country as well. Hopefully the massive increase of police on the streets will help tonight.

Have you guys ever heard of the Midi festival? (page may be in french so get google chrome or learn to speak french) It's always seemed pretty sweet to me.. well, since 2005. It's still pretty small so it doesn't have much corporate intervening or anything, it's just music for a few days. Location is fucking cool (Aside from being in France), it's some surrealist house on top of a huge hill. The lineup is normally quite unknown, but it's got a lot of up and coming artists featuring there, from all across your rope and the states, like it had WU LYF and eygptian hip hop last year. It's also only £50 for the entire thing.

Next year I'm definitely getting on one of those new fangled sea trains and going.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 06:53 PM Reply

What exactly is going on? I haven't had access to the TV and I haven't had time to catch up on the news online.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 8/9/11 06:53 PM, AniMetal wrote:
What exactly is going on? I haven't had access to the TV and I haven't had time to catch up on the news online.

Blood in the streets!

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 8/9/11 06:53 PM, AniMetal wrote:

Lots of cities in the UK have been royally fucked by rioting. Rioting because of 'police brutality.' The definition of police brutality seems to be police retaliating against a man threatening them with a gun. Oh, he was also a drug dealer. Vigils about that four nights ago I think sparked off some riots, and now they are taken part in by people who have decided they want a new TV. Started in London, now it's spread all around the country, Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol, Brum, etc. 16 thousand police are out in force in London tonight though, so maybe that will dissuade the pricks.

BBC news is updated pretty regularly.

Anyway this thread is about music, so fuck current affairs!

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 09:33 AM Reply

I am In

I attend ROCKFEST in Kansas City every year. Also hit tons of gigs rolling through town every year ill jot down some of my favorites to se live.

Rob Zombie
Disturbed
Korn
Mudvayne
Hellyeah
Lamb Of God
Black Label Society
Sevndust
Jackal
All That Remains
Shinedown

Just to name a few. Shinedown was at Rockfest a few years ago and even though I dont regularly listen to them they blew me away with there live show.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 09:35 AM Reply

We are writing to confirm the despatch of your recent order.

The order details are as below -

1 tickets for DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 on Friday 7th October 2011

B)

Tateos
Tateos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:58 PM Reply

As of right now, I don't have any upcoming concert plans, but here's some of the people I've seen:

The Police
Neil Young (x2)
Roger Waters
The B-52's
Robert Plant (Sounded nothing like he did when he was in Led Zepplin. His new stuff bored me to tears, but it was awesome when he played a few Zepplin songs)
Incubus
No Doubt
CAKE
Semisonic (when I was very little)
Sheryl Crow (also when I was very little)

I sadly can't remember going to the last two. All of the concerts were a totally awesome experience in their own way.
Cake did some really cool stuff with the crowd
No Doubt had this really cool platform thing on the stage with them
The B-52's were just really fun in general.
Roger Waters preforming the wall was indescribably cool. He built it up and then tore it down.
Neil Young was just totally mesmerizing. He through me into a trance practically the second he started playing.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 09:35 AM, SomaGuye wrote: 1 tickets for DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 on Friday 7th October 2011
1 tickets for DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979
1 tickets

Haha, you have no friends. Now you have to meet up with us.

At 8/10/11 02:58 PM, Tateos wrote:
The B-52's

Man I'm so jealous of that, I bet they're hilarious live.

Also, we stood up from our seats, but it was still pretty crumby, though that was the only bad part of the gig.

Also, any brits ever encounter people from a site called 'WinkBall'? They go around the ques at gigs and interview you asking you where you are, where you're from, who you're seeing, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else has met them. They also ask people after the gig.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 06:38 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 8/10/11 09:35 AM, SomaGuye wrote: 1 tickets for DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 on Friday 7th October 2011
1 tickets

Who the fuck buys tickets for their friends?

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 06:51 PM, Makeshift wrote: Who the fuck buys tickets for their friends?

Some dickhead called Rory is trying to make me buy him his ticket, but I'm all nawww

I heard that Stevie Wonder will never tour again. I have no reason to live now.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 06:51 PM, Makeshift wrote: Who the fuck buys tickets for their friends?

My friend bought me my Good Charlotte ticket, and in return I payed for his Rise Against ticket, simple.

At 8/10/11 07:13 PM, Dromedary wrote: Some dickhead called Rory is trying to make me buy him his ticket, but I'm all nawww

I was about to say, I have enough money to pay for mine now, you wanna order yours ASAP and I'll do the same?

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 02:07 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 06:38 PM, Snuff wrote:
1 tickets

>implying I have not gone to several gigs on my own

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 02:47 PM Reply

I've bought tickets for friends before: usually either for a present or because they weren't in a position to order a ticket yet and they'd pay me back.

Haha

Am I the only person who thinks people who are like "Wah, I don't have anyone to go to the show with, so i'm not going" are the most annoying people ever? Go for the music, not your friends.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

First time I've done festival.
AAnd I'm a leeds early birder too!

So if you guys can help me out I need a list of food and drinks I might want to take.

Thus far I have 10 tins of Hienz Soup that I'm going to drink (because thats how I roll) and some protien shakes and whatnot. And water.

Alcohol is next so don't go confusing the two!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 04:59 PM Reply

Food for festivals:

If you can get hold of some kind of gas cooker, take supernoodles.
Other than that go for convenient shit. You can get 8 sainsbury's basic sausage rolls for a quid for example. I bought 3 litres of orange juice last time I went to reading, and I found it absolutely great to wake me up in the mornings. I also bought a bag of apples so I could kid myself that I wasn't eating 100% crap.
Bear in mind there are loads of stalls inside the festival grounds selling burgers, hot dogs, etc. They're all rip-offs, but if you're in the arena it can be a mile or more back to your tent depending on where you camp, and if you're hungry you don't wanna walk that far. I would recommend either the cheesy garlic bread (~£3), or if you're very hungry, the giant yorkshire puddings with mash, peas, sausage and gravy (~£6). Anything else is probably not worth the price.

Other than that, as far as booze goes, don't buy before you get there. At reading at least, there are lorries just outside the gates selling only a few quid markup crates of booze, and that's well worth not having to carry it from home. Also consider taking in a bottle of rum or something and then buying cola, that can work out quite well and it's a lot lighter than a case of beer.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

Joe have you bought the DFA tickets yet?

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 8/11/11 04:23 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: So if you guys can help me out I need a list of food and drinks I might want to take.

Agreed with the gas cooker point, pot noodles are delicious and nutri... yeah they're just delicious. Bring some mini bbqs, the kind that you can light in a second, because you'll want some food like hotdogs and burgers that are being sold there, but prices are always fucking ridiculous. Bring some fruit, like an apple or something, bring a box of cereal. Just take foods that you would have on a picnic, but make sure that they won't go off. Also don't worry too much about water, you can get it free in lots of places, but bring some cartons of juice or something.

At 8/11/11 08:59 PM, Snuff wrote: Joe have you bought the DFA tickets yet?

Keep it on facebook, chump

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 8/12/11 04:21 PM, Dromedary wrote: everything bbm said

lol you

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 8/12/11 08:04 PM, Snuff wrote: something stupid like always

Bah, not going to the friendly fires gig as planned. Oh well, they aren't amazing anyway. On a lighter note, the vaccines are playing a venue near me soon, so I think I'll follow the crowd and go see them.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 13th, 2011 @ 12:08 AM Reply

Been to see:

Arch Enemy, Trivium, Machine Head - $70
(support, can't remember), Foo Fighters - $100
Double Dragon, Megadeth, Slayer - $130
Whitechapel, It Dies Today, Meshuggah - $55
Metal For The Masses (Hellbringer, Norse, Anno Domini, Darker Half, Killrazer, Switchblade, Daysend, The Amenta, Mortal Sin) - $35
Mary Jane Kelly, In Trenches, Cancer Bats - $Free (won tickets)/almost with my life
The Sword, Fear Factory, Metallica - $150
Biffy Clyro, Muse - $130
(local band, can't remember), Dark Order, Infektion, Anno Domini - $15
The Havknotz, House of Pain - free (won tickets)
As Silence Breaks, TesseracT, Periphery - $55

Going to:

Kings Of Leon (support bands TBA) - $130

Total bands seen + amount spent:

38 (incl. KOL) bands - $870 spent (so far)

Also, Soundwave Revolution cancelled (not that I was going anyway), but they're going to be announcing separate shows with other bands, so I'll be adding those to the list sometime soon as well.

Never been to a festival...yet.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 13th, 2011 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 8/13/11 12:08 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

I should also add that I won tickets to see Social Distortion and The Get Up Kids, but I didn't end up going.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 13th, 2011 @ 07:18 AM Reply

I didn't know Biffy Clyro were big in the USA.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 13th, 2011 @ 07:21 AM Reply

At 8/13/11 12:08 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Been to see:

some of those prices are a fucking joke, are they all for single tickets?