New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM Reply

At 4/16/12 01:30 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: got tickets to bloc party's reunion gig at the koko, bitches are jealous of this shit

fuck, that will be an incredible gig. i looked at tickets but they're £99 now. hopefully they'll do a bigger tour, i've been waiting for one for so long.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

Just got back from seeing Maps & Atlases, Tall Ships were the support, they were fucking awesome.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 4/17/12 06:42 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Just got back from seeing Maps & Atlases, Tall Ships were the support, they were fucking awesome.

Yeah man, I saw Tall Ships support Los Campesinos last month, they were sweet. plate tectonics + vessels r gud

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 5th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM Reply

Got accepted to steward at 2000trees festival, majorly excited, it has a fucking amazing line up this year.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 6th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

So I just got tickets to go see the Wailers (Bob Marley's band) in July, and Fat Freddy's Drop in August. I'm tempted to get tickets to an Electric Six (Gay Bar) gig nearby, they are playing their album fire, and it's pretty sick. Also for some unknown reason I may be going to see heaven 17. This summer should be fantastic in terms of music.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 14th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Rockfest was good. Trivium, Volbeat and Hellyeah were definitely the best. Volbeat killed it and Hellyeah had some badass pits.

This is how I go to the Pits. MOSH PIT COMMANDO

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 14th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Sorry for the double post but this was to amazing to not post.

Lamb Of God, Dethklok, Gojira tour dates.

August 18 KC, Mo. I will be there front and center in the pit.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 28th, 2012 @ 11:32 PM Reply

This Friday I'm going to see Garbage, The Silversun Pickups, and The Naked and Fearless in one show. I don't know the latter two newbies, but I'm going for Garbage and may as well start listening to the others. Unfortunately, I'm going alone cuz no one on facebook cared. Ah, well.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association May. 29th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 5/28/12 11:32 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Silversun Pickups,

I urge you to get into these guys, they're really good. Listen Melatonin and Lazy Eye if you do give them a try.

Also, Tenacious D in like a week, lol what am I doing.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Tenacious D were great, put on a fantastic performance, but the crowd was a pile of wank. Everyone seemed really hostile and not in the concert frame of mine, nobody really jumped around much and people generally stood about, which sucks, because that's really one of the best things about a concert.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Going to see an AC/DC tribute band this Friday called Volts. They must be quite an expensive act to have on because my pub is charging £5 entry to see them and they've almost sold out the 150 tickets. Less than 30 left apparently. First time I've had to pay for a ticket to see a band playing in a pub.

Going to be interesting to see 150 people packed in there though. They also better not run out of Guinness or I'll be mad.

They actually seem alright. Back In Black

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

For some reason I hate tribute acts, they just seem to defeat the point of being in a band, which is to make music, not copy it.

Though that opinion has it's flaws I still don't like tribute acts.

Also, Between the Buried and Me are on tour in October and they're playing in Bristol, tickets are only £15 so I'm definitely going to go see them, even I'll most likely get punch or stabbed.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 6/18/12 06:53 PM, Snuff wrote: For some reason I hate tribute acts, they just seem to defeat the point of being in a band, which is to make music, not copy it.

Tribute acts are more of a pub thing. I like being in the pub and having a band play well known songs because it's usually rock/metal in my pubs and they're free to watch, so it saves having to put money in the jukebox. Plus, if you get a tribute band who cover a bit of everything it can be a bit crap at times because their singer is more suited to some songs than others.

I don't complain though. I generally don't care what style of live band is playing in a pub, as long as there is one.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 6/18/12 06:53 PM, Snuff wrote: For some reason I hate tribute acts, they just seem to defeat the point of being in a band, which is to make music, not copy it.

Though that opinion has it's flaws I still don't like tribute acts.

I remember when I was a kid the bootleg beatles played in my local park as part of the local council's Proms In The Park events. An absolutely great time.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 05:52 AM Reply

Actually there be some good points, I take that back, it's more to do with entertainment than actually making music.

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Gojira next week. Hopefully they play all the greats from their previous albums and don't completely ignore them because of the new album.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 09:56 AM, JaY11 wrote: Gojira next week. Hopefully they play all the greats from their previous albums and don't completely ignore them because of the new album.

y'all can suck mah dick cos i'm seeing bloc party on thursday

B|

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

It's the Secret Garden Party in a week! I'm so psyched for it.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 7/11/12 07:50 PM, Dromedary wrote: It's the Secret Garden Party in a week! I'm so psyched for it.

So I went to 2000trees and guess who I met while watching The Computers? Only fucking Tony, ex guitarist of And So I Watch You From Afar.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 10:03 AM Reply

Ordered my Gaslight Anthem tickets for Brixton in October, and next month I plan on buying tickets to the Between the Buried and Me/Periphery gig in Bristol. That should be a pretty awesome gig.

October will be a good month

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:59 PM Reply

Sweet jesus secret garden party was awesome. Caravan palace are the single best band I have seen live ever, and it was overall a good few days, despite getting into a fight with a crackhead.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

god damn i'm desperate to go and see bloc party when they're in bristol. tickets are sold out, but i'll happily pay £50 for a ticket if i'm honest. i've been waiting for this for yeeeears

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 05:29 PM, Dromedary wrote: god damn i'm desperate to go and see bloc party when they're in bristol. tickets are sold out, but i'll happily pay Ã'£50 for a ticket if i'm honest. i've been waiting for this for yeeeears

You should, they were incredible at the Koko. Their old stuff is still their best but new stuff is cool too

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

Got a gig to go to this weekend but it's another small one in a pub although I must admit, I prefer that to stadium type gigs. Seen this band a good few times now and their set list rarely changes but they're just as good every time I see them. They're a cover band who do a lot of the classic rock type stuff that almost everyone can get into. They're pretty much the prefect kind of cover band that I'd want playing in a pub.

Give them a listen/watch. They're pretty good. Link.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

scored bloc party tickets for next month, and just got back from bestival

best festival of my life, no doubt about it. stevie wonder blew my mind

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

Got a pretty decent Clash tribute band playing in my town so might go along and see them tonight. Only £5 a ticket. I'm not really a fan of the Clash though but there's nout else for me to do. Should be a decent turn out though. Whenever the pub brings in these bigger bands it's usually mobbed. Last time you could barely move.

Then if I get tired of The Clash there's a metal cover band that I've seen before and they're pretty awesome so I'll just go see them. Sorted.

Another band on tomorrow night as well that I might go and see. Not sure on that yet.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Got two potential local gigs to go to this month.

First is the AC/DC tribute band that I mentioned going to see earlier on this page. They're back in town and they packed the place out last time. I was too drunk to remember anything about what they were like though, so I'll go and see them again. That's on Friday, I think. Need to remember to go and pick up a ticket.

Then next Saturday a band called The Skababs are playing. They're meant to be pretty good if you're into Ska. They packed out the place last time they played too but I wasn't there to see them. Reckon they'll be worth going to see this time. They seem like the kind of band you appreciate more after you've had a few drinks. I wouldn't really call myself a fan of ska but I'll happily listen to it if it's playing.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM Reply

my recent gigs are bloc party, who were one of the best live bands i've seen to date, and totally enormous extinct dinosaurs. teed was a pretty sick DJ, more of a club night than a gig i guess.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

My upcoming gigs:

05/11/12 - Alt-J - Electric Ballroom
20/11/12 - Passion Pit, Chad Valley, CHVRCHES - HMV Forum
20/11/12 - Purity Ring, Doldrums - Scala
15/12/12 - Electric Six - Shepherds Bush Empire
18/01/13 - Alt-J - Shepherds Bush Empire
19/01/13 - Alt-J - Shepherds Bush Empire
06/03/13 - Of Monsters and Men - Shepherds Bush Empire
09/03/13 - Sigur Rós, Blanck Mass - O2 Academy Brixton
16/05/13 - Alt-J - O2 Academy Brixton

I've got to sell my tic for either passion pit or purity ring (any takers for either?) cos I stupidly double-booked myself, and am gonna sell one of my alt-j january tics (but cant remember which one)

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 06:34 AM Reply

I haven't been to many yet...but..
03/11/07- My Chemical Romance
09/21/07- Mayhem Fest (Slipknot and Disturbed Headline)
12/17/11- Chris Cornell (My all time Favorite concert so far)
09/24/12- Stone Temple Pilots

I plan to see Chris Cornell solo again, Soundgarden, Eddie Vedder solo, Pearl Jam, and Mudhoney next year.
I took a long break from going to concerts because of school, but I'm back in the saddle. I have a bucket list of bands I want to see....but most of them broke up or the lead singer died...fuuuuuuck.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature