Audiophile
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 15th, 2011 @ 09:40 AM Reply

I've come to the sad conclusion that I will probably not be going to any festivals next year either. Money is just too tight for me at the moment, which whatever way you look at it is crap. It'll make it two stright years that I haven't been to a festival.

I miss the general "lets get absolutely smashed on whatever we can get are hands, listen to great music and act like a complete idiot" atmosphere of festival life.

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 08:58 AM Reply

Saw Rise Against live the other day, definitely the best concert I've been to. The support acts were fantastic as well, I've really gotten into Polar Bear Club and The Nightwatchman since, they also all came on at the same time to finish Tom Morello's set, which was amazing.

Also had my first taste of mosh pits and really enjoyed them, it's a lot of fun.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 12/6/11 11:01 AM, Travis wrote: Can't wait.

God I'm tempted to go and see them! But expenses to get to the gig would cost me near £100. And I can't find anyone who appreciates them.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 03:43 PM Reply

So last Sunday I went to see The Ocean and Textures supported by Aliases in Manchester. All 3 bands kicked major ass, and The Ocean even brought on an ex-vocalist of theirs at to play one song, as he lives in Manchester. My only problem with the gig was that Textures got a better crowd reaction, and I prefer The Ocean, and it just sucks when you want to go mental for a band but the rest of the crowd is pretty static.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Festival goers, what are your experiences with sneaking alcohol past the security?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
NothingForever
NothingForever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: Festival goers, what are your experiences with sneaking alcohol past the security?

I personally wouldn't bother. Just recently I saw people try it here at Soundwave and they all got caught one way or another.

unless of course you're cool with shoving those little travel-size bottles up your butt...

Anyway, this year has been pretty amazing for me so far in terms of gigs. Just last week I was at Soundwave 2012. I managed to catch Chimaira, The Black Dahlia Murder, Gojira, little bit of Shadows Fall, Meshuggah, bit of Trivium, Mastodon, Lamb of God, a few Slipknot songs (not a big fan, just stood there for the sake of it) and System of a Down. Overall a pretty successful day considering I was on the rail for TBDM, Meshuggah, and Mastodon.

That day of course was followed by work early Monday morning, and then Dredg, Devin Townsend Project and Meshuggah playing their sideshow (which I was on the rail for Meshuggah, again :D ).

So yeah, after that week of pure live music ass kicking, my body has decided to get sick and is forcing me to slow down and recover. Totally worth it, though.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:30 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: Festival goers, what are your experiences with sneaking alcohol past the security?

What festival is bothered about alcohol? All the festivals I've been to you can bring as much as you want, you just can have it in glass bottles. So it's a two litre bottle of Coke thats a quarter Jack Daniels a day for me at festivals (not a big drinker).

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 15 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: Festival goers, what are your experiences with sneaking alcohol past the security?

drink in your campsite.

sneak the alcohol past security in your bladder.

(Talking of festivals, rumoured reading lineup

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 15 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: Festival goers, what are your experiences with sneaking alcohol past the security?
drink in your campsite.

oh, i mean some festivals actually have gates to their campsites before the gates to the actual music areas where they search people. anyway its the secret garden party that im going to, and they seem kind of strict about it. i really don't want to resort to buying £8 pints inside the actual thing, because what the fuck.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

Rockfest 2012 was just announced!! Look forward to this all year long. They always have such a badass show every year.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
NothingForever
NothingForever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 10 hours ago, TheRipper00 wrote: Rockfest 2012 was just announced!! Look forward to this all year long. They always have such a badass show every year.

Not much there that would get me real excited, but nonetheless, it looks like it'd be a pretty fun festival.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 07:52 AM Reply

At 12 hours ago, TheRipper00 wrote: Rockfest 2012 was just announced!! Look forward to this all year long. They always have such a badass show every year.

That looks like one of the worst lineups I have ever seen. But you have fun, man.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
StationToStation
StationToStation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:00 AM Reply

My best friend is off to see Laura Marling on Saturday and next month I am catching Michael Gira at the Counterflows festival. On the off chance that a Gira fan in Scotland is reading this, you will get your tickets at The Archies, not the venue (St. Andrews In The Square).

Good month or two for folk then.

At once to profit and delight mankind,
And with the pleasing have th' instructive joined.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 9 hours ago, StationToStation wrote: My best friend is off to see Laura Marling on Saturday and next month I am catching Michael Gira at the Counterflows festival. On the off chance that a Gira fan in Scotland is reading this, you will get your tickets at The Archies, not the venue (St. Andrews In The Square).

Good month or two for folk then.

I caught laura marling last weekend in bristol, really good show, although she didn't play nearly enough of her first album (just ghosts and alas I cannot swim), which is a shame since for me it's by far her best. nor did she play the beast, the best song imo off her new album

still an awesome gig.

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, NothingForever wrote:
At 10 hours ago, TheRipper00 wrote: Rockfest 2012 was just announced!! Look forward to this all year long. They always have such a badass show every year.
Not much there that would get me real excited, but nonetheless, it looks like it'd be a pretty fun festival.

Ya its a fun festival. They don't always have great line ups but its so massive it is still a great time. I am wishing they had got Lamb Of God, but hellya and volbeat should be good. Shinedown puts on a good live show, and I would like to hear slash play live.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 2 days ago, Dromedary wrote:
At 12 hours ago, TheRipper00 wrote: Rockfest 2012 was just announced!! Look forward to this all year long. They always have such a badass show every year.
That looks like one of the worst lineups I have ever seen. But you have fun, man.

You must have heard of a maximum of one band on that line up.

Also, lmao I'm going to see Tenacious D with my sister in June at Brixton. Should be a laugh.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Snuff wrote: You must have heard of a maximum of one band on that line up.

i counted 7 i recognised, didn't like one of them. shut UP snuff you always ruin it!!!!!

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

I was supposed to go see Eluveitie last Sunday... My brother bitched out on me, because, "There wasn't enough room." We were supposed to go together.

He didn't say anything beforehand either. He's lucky I didn't buy tickets ahead like I told him I would. It was the last show on the tour, too...

I'm so fuckin' pissed.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
mia419
mia419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 2 days ago, Dromedary wrote:

i hate that my first post in this thread is a negatron but yeah that lineup looks like poop except for chevelle.
I was supposed to see DatsiK the 13th at the Roseland in Portland where I be but the 13th is a tues and i'm just getting into the hang of my new job so sad :(

but April 29th I'm going to see this metal band called The Contortionist...never heard of them but my homie is in a band (Sisyphean Conscience) that is playing with them pretty excited because all the shows i;ve been to since i've been back home are lame wannabe hip-hop shows

wish me luck!

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 9 hours ago, mia419 wrote:
wish me luck!

That picture is really hard to read.

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 12 hours ago, mia419 wrote:
i hate that my first post in this thread is a negatron but yeah that lineup looks like poop except for chevelle.

The fact that chevelle is the band you picked to be the "best" of that lineup negates your opinion entirely.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 17 hours ago, Snuff wrote:
At 9 hours ago, mia419 wrote:
wish me luck!
That picture is really hard to read.

It's a combination of the fonts and the fact the bands all have shitty names like "Sisyphean Conscience." Who the fuck calls a band that?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, mia419 wrote:
but April 29th I'm going to see this metal band called The Contortionist...never heard of them but my homie is in a band (Sisyphean Conscience) that is playing with them pretty excited because all the shows i;ve been to since i've been back home are lame wannabe hip-hop shows

wish me luck!

The Contortionist are awesome man, have fun.

Recently I went to see Protest The Hero, supported by Long Distance Calling, Blood Command, and Uneven Structure. All the bands were great (though I wasn't a big fan of Blood Command), and Uneven Structure were definitely the highlight for me, it's my second time seeing them as support and they've blew me away both times. It's a shame nobody seems to know who they are at live events even though they're album Februus is a prog metal masterpiece.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, TheRipper00 wrote:
At 12 hours ago, mia419 wrote:
The fact that chevelle is the band you picked to be the "best" of that lineup negates your opinion entirely.

That is the best band in there.

Theory of a Dead Man sucks, Trivium sucks, Five Finger Dick Suck sucks, Volbeat's ok if I remember right... Yeah, Chevelle's the best band on there.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
NothingForever
NothingForever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 18 hours ago, JaY11 wrote: Uneven Structure

These guys are great. Unfortunately I haven't seen them live due to them not coming out this way, but if they ever do I want to be there right up front to see them. Australia doesn't really have much going for them in terms of djent, except for Circles who I got to see last month after seeing Cavalera Conspiracy (free tickets, will tell that story when I get time along with my other free ticket stories).

Speaking of djent, I managed to score a bunch of signed stuff from a signing while Periphery were down here along with Tesseract. Anybody else have any cool signings stories or events?

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

There's too much negativity in this thread.

Also yes I'm just here to point out obvious facts.
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 6 hours ago, NothingForever wrote: Speaking of djent, I managed to score a bunch of signed stuff from a signing while Periphery were down here along with Tesseract. Anybody else have any cool signings stories or events?

I once got my foreskin signed by Elton John.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 6 hours ago, NothingForever wrote: Anybody else have any cool signings stories or events?

I had Between the Buried and Me sign the back of my iPod when they played here with Animals as Leaders, which has since then rubbed off B(
I also got a free shirt from their drummer.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, Oliver wrote:
I also got a free shirt from their drummer.

Oh what the fuck. Blake Richardson is my idol :(