00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

133,270 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-01 23:49:06

At 7/1/11 07:03 PM, Cootie wrote: Yup, it is just a "day-one access" kind of thing from what I take. People who pre-order will get it from the start while people who don't will have to level up and work for it the old fashioned way.

Originally the pack had three exclusive items and a one day one access item. Due to the boycott EA announced that those who don't pre order will get the items in the pack "at a later date" while pre orders get it from day one.

So yeah, I'm gonna buy it now.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-03 22:35:42

At 6/27/11 11:24 AM, naronic wrote: ^ all examples that we've reached a forte for realism in games

Oh cool, another red herring that proves you point in exactly zero ways. I bet you guys think that the rifle and machine gun fire is realistic too. Here's something from someone who has heard the stuff first hand, those weapons in game sound nothing like what the stuff sounds like in real life.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-04 00:06:08

At 7/3/11 10:35 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote:
At 6/27/11 11:24 AM, naronic wrote: ^ all examples that we've reached a forte for realism in games
Oh cool, another red herring that proves you point in exactly zero ways. I bet you guys think that the rifle and machine gun fire is realistic too. Here's something from someone who has heard the stuff first hand, those weapons in game sound nothing like what the stuff sounds like in real life.

It wouldn't be too cool if every gun made an insanely loud CRACK every time you fired it. I only fired the AR-15 on semi-auto so I couldn't imagine what an automatic would sound like. Probably break your speakers.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-04 20:16:01

At 7/4/11 02:09 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 7/3/11 10:35 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote:
Well, reaching the actually levels of combat would probably be damaging to your hearing. I fire my parents .357 magnum revolver all the time and I don't think that would be a pleasant sound for most people to hear over and over again.

You all misinterpet me. Its not about decibel levels. A mama deuce does not make a high pitched pock pock pock sound as it fires. It makes a thundering boom boom boom sound. Another thing, what happens when a 125mm mortar is fired? That shit recoils and let's off a small shockwave that rattles all the lose dirt and dust in the immediate vicinity. What happens in a videogame? LOL boom.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-10 00:23:05

At 7/9/11 08:27 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: http://www.inquisitr.com/124976/all-four -battlefield-3-classes-detailed/

That's cool, I hope they'll have spotting on HC this time around, that was the only drawback to it in my opinion.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 15:42:25

That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

I hope they have something a little more exciting

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 16:12:55

At 7/11/11 03:42 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

Whats wrong with a bipod? no run an gunning lmgs. Bipod it, and gain suppressing fire points and cover your team.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 17:39:35

any more on the CAMPAIGN

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-12 13:52:17

At 7/11/11 04:12 PM, narf wrote:
At 7/11/11 03:42 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

Whats wrong with a bipod? no run an gunning lmgs. Bipod it, and gain suppressing fire points and cover your team.

I'm also guessing support people will probably be the ones who resupply ammo now, seeing as how soldier and medic have been combined, and since the medics will be handing out first aid and reviving, chances are quite good they're not going to be handing out ammo as well on top of all that.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-12 15:29:23

At 7/10/11 09:05 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Also, scopes will reflect light. So camping snipers will have a nice little glint of light coming from their scope, making them easy to see.

Really? That's a pretty cool detail, and useful as well!

the ghillie suit is gone

D:

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 13:24:26

I'm ready to play now.

Short multiplayer trailer.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 14:09:51

Considering Bad Company 2 is my most played game right now I really can't wait for Battlefield 3 and that multiplayer trailer looks pretty cool. At first I thought the subway was it's own map until I realised that you can go up to the street level as well. I think that's really cool for some reason.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:30:02

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:43:49

At 7/21/11 04:30 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Leaked HD multiplayer montage. Get ready for epicness.

Looks to me like it's one of those smaller 16x16 player maps. Still looks awesome despite the smaller map. Still, I'm really more geared toward the 64x64 player maps. It's been a long time since I've played BF2 and I miss that kind of massive, large scale warfare.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:50:50

At 7/21/11 01:24 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm ready to play now.

Short multiplayer trailer.

Its official, I'm pre-ordering. Now I just gotta find my Ps3... there's no way my pc can handle that game.

Steam | TF2BP

Sig by armorfag or whatever

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 17:13:46

I don't know why but this is the first time I am unsure which console to buy this particular game for. Any suggestions?

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 17:18:05

Well, there won't be any modding, so that kind throws PC out the window, unless that's where a majority of your chums play. And I think 360 has more of a competitive community than the Ps3 if that's what you're into.

Steam | TF2BP

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 19:17:59

At 7/21/11 05:13 PM, X1SephX wrote: I don't know why but this is the first time I am unsure which console to buy this particular game for. Any suggestions?

If your computer can handle it, PC. If not, get it on the console. That's essentially the way it is with pretty much every game that goes on multiple platforms.

Setting graphics and visual performance aside, I simply prefer to aim with a mouse than a control stick. There are plenty of times when I get killed in Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the XBox 360 simply because of a control stick aiming issue. If the sensitivity is too low, people seem to run out of your aiming range or you can't turn around fast enough, but if the sensitivity is too high, precision aiming becomes a joke and seems impossible to line up your crosshairs with your target. To me, it feels impossible to get it just right with a perfect balance, whereas with a mouse, it's much more precise at a much quicker pace.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 19:22:48

I think all the movement issues in the console version of Bad Company 2 will be gone in Battlefield 3... I hope they are...

I'm purchasing on the console because my PC can't handle the game, but also because my friends will be playing on the Xbox.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 20:10:28

At 7/21/11 07:17 PM, RazorHawk wrote:
At 7/21/11 05:13 PM, X1SephX wrote:
blah

Ps3 does allow you to hook up usb keyboards and mice

Steam | TF2BP

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 20:43:50

At 7/21/11 07:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
I'm purchasing on the console because my PC can't handle the game, but also because my friends will be playing on the Xbox.

Same here, there was nothing quite like circling the enemy base with your friend piloting a Blackhawk and shooting everything you see.

As well as helping your friend snipe by acting as a spotter, this game with friends is probably my favorite online experience.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 05:38:44

At 7/21/11 07:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: I think all the movement issues in the console version of Bad Company 2 will be gone in Battlefield 3... I hope they are...

What issues are you talking about? I have BC2 and I haven't had any problem moving around so far I think.

This.^

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 12:46:13

At 7/22/11 05:38 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: What issues are you talking about? I have BC2 and I haven't had any problem moving around so far I think.

Not exactly issues, but most PC players complained about the console version (which makes total sense, I know). Just watch some gameplay of Bad Company 2 on PC and you can already see the difference in the movement. It's smoother and looks like it's easier to get around.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 17:43:30

Would this Cardbe able to max BF3? Im not quite good with video cards.

My specs:
-4gb DDR3 ram
-Phenom II x4 3.2ghz
-2 100gb HDs and a 400gb
-MSI 870-G45

Im also going to get a new power supply to use the new card.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 19:49:40

Mmmm my foot fetish will finally be satisfied with this game.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

Photoshop Me!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 09:46:02

At 7/21/11 02:09 PM, Dean wrote: Considering Bad Company 2 is my most played game right now I really can't wait for Battlefield 3

Oh, yes boyo.
I can't wait for us bc2bros to re-assemble and fuck shit up online, it's gonna be killer.

And there is no problem with movement, Makeshit.

aren't I clever?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:16:45

At 7/23/11 09:46 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
Oh, yes boyo.
I can't wait for us bc2bros to re-assemble and fuck shit up online, it's gonna be killer.

I'll be there to join you guys, and don't worry I wont sell it for drug money.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:24:51

At 7/23/11 11:16 AM, Snuff wrote: I'll be there to join you guys, and don't worry I wont sell it for drug money.

I'll have a job by then, so I'll never need to sell a game again.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:48:39

At 7/23/11 11:24 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I'll have a job by then, so I'll never need to sell a game again.

Then you can start building up a massive game collection to compete with mine.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 12:15:55

At 7/23/11 11:48 AM, Dean wrote: Then you can start building up a massive game collection to compete with mine.

I have wanted to do that for so long.

BBS Signature