IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 20:25:11 Reply

At 3/16/11 05:00 PM, InsaneBrutality wrote:
At 3/16/11 09:43 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: OMG! Part of the fault line gameplay trailer! So awesome, 1080p and full volume, awesomeness. Frostbite 2 is looking incredible and the game itself looks mega awesome. I'm feeling the hype and it's good.
Has anybody noticed the pieces of dirt flying when a character runs? So much detail.

They also are using a system used in the newer EA sports games that has the character automatically react to it's surroundings. Like leaning against walls, shit like that. The character movement is going to be amazing.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 21:09:15 Reply

At 3/16/11 05:00 PM, InsaneBrutality wrote: Has anybody noticed the pieces of dirt flying when a character runs? So much detail.

Have you noticed that when the sniper first shoots the chunks of building disappear as well as leaves that disappear into the ground?

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 00:23:21 Reply

At 3/16/11 09:09 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Have you noticed that when the sniper first shoots the chunks of building disappear as well as leaves that disappear into the ground?

Not until you pointed it out no. I may have noticed it if I was playing the game, but I wouldn't care considering how the majority of the world looks and how things bust apart nicely. And they're still a year away, or there abouts.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 01:34:47 Reply

I wonder if the online is going to look like that trailer, or are they going to scale the detail down a tad for online. I don't see why they would, but almost everyone has played a game where the online didn't look as "crisp" as the single player.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 04:18:13 Reply

At 3/17/11 01:34 AM, Cootie wrote: I wonder if the online is going to look like that trailer, or are they going to scale the detail down a tad for online. I don't see why they would, but almost everyone has played a game where the online didn't look as "crisp" as the single player.

Possibly. I hope the destruction looks as good as single player, even though that's just scripted.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 14:59:08 Reply

At 3/17/11 12:23 AM, sinfulwolf wrote: And they're still a year away, or there abouts.

It's coming out in quarter 4, probably at christmas time. It is less than a year left.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 15:35:59 Reply

At 3/17/11 02:59 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/17/11 12:23 AM, sinfulwolf wrote: And they're still a year away, or there abouts.
It's coming out in quarter 4, probably at christmas time. It is less than a year left.

Indeed, but seeing as we're still in the end of the first quarter, that's still three quarters of a year to go. And considering it looks pretty good so far, and they've got that much time left to polish...

Still, I'm not going to bitch about some leaves vanishing into the ground, cause that's starting to get really really picky. On the same hand I'm not really going on about dust getting kicked up from boots because I'm not going to notice it in game. Good on em for putting in the detail, but I wouldn't care if they took that bit out of multiplayer to make a smoother experience.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-17 15:47:10 Reply

At 3/17/11 03:35 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Still, I'm not going to bitch about some leaves vanishing into the ground, cause that's starting to get really really picky.

I wasn't bitching about that... so you know.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-19 15:20:43 Reply

Since I'm doing my final thesis at DICE audio-department, I've seen the game live. It looks and sounds fucking amazing... haven't gotten around to try it out yet, but hopefully will get to do that in due time.
That's about all I can say, as I'll probably get killed if I reveal anything more... :3

Other than that, the audio-team recentley received a BAFTA and some other award for the audio on BC2. These guys and girl form one of the best studios in the world, and I'm extremley fortunate to be working alongside them over the next couple of months...

The thesis have to do with convolution reverb and worldizing - two similiar soundconcepts. Hopefully they will end up directly using info and material from the thesis... I'm quite the n00b when it comes to game-audio design, so i'm learning so much every day...

but yeah, this game is likley to get pretty damn hughe... and not only in size (fucking 64multi lolwtf...)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-19 17:21:35 Reply

Haven't really been paying any attention to this game as of yet, but I just watched the two trailers that have been released so far and I have to say I'm pretty excited. I hardly even know anything about it but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this, the fact it comes out after my exams is also pretty helpful.

The only thing I don't like about the game is how leaves go through the floor, though I'm sure they'll patch that up before it's released. But if they don't, I may even not bother with it.

chevychevelle396
chevychevelle396
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-19 20:02:24 Reply

I got BC2 two weeks ago. I love it. This game is going to be the best game in the world! I hear they'll probaly release it in the fall of 2011. The destruction and realisticness of the game will be beautiful.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-20 07:36:13 Reply

At 3/19/11 08:02 PM, chevychevelle396 wrote: I got BC2 two weeks ago. I love it. This game is going to be the best game in the world! I hear they'll probaly release it in the fall of 2011. The destruction and realisticness of the game will be beautiful.

Wow, you're pretty late if you bought it now. But yeah, it's one great game, I have it too. Although I only bought it for the multiplayer. The singleplayer was kinda meh-ish, I must say, not enough story and a tad short. Multiplayer, however, rocks asses. Hopefully this is also the case for Battlefield 3.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-20 12:45:40 Reply

At 3/19/11 03:20 PM, Rucklo wrote: Since I'm doing my final thesis at DICE audio-department

I understand that you can't give out details, but can you just tell me if you have seen multiplayer?

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-20 23:15:20 Reply

At 3/19/11 05:21 PM, Snuff wrote:
The only thing I don't like about the game is how leaves go through the floor, though I'm sure they'll patch that up before it's released. But if they don't, I may even not bother with it.

Please tell me I'm misreading this... but you may not bother with the game because of some leaves clipping through the floor? Really?

Wow...

I remember when Wolfenstein 3D was hailed as a graphical hallmark, and now there's people who can't stand an almost insignificant detail being wrong.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-21 15:40:31 Reply

At 3/20/11 12:45 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/19/11 03:20 PM, Rucklo wrote: Since I'm doing my final thesis at DICE audio-department
I understand that you can't give out details, but can you just tell me if you have seen multiplayer?

I have not, at least not directly. Well that's kindof not true, but I better make sure my neck is intact and just STFU.
However, multiplayer is what DICE and BF-series is known for, so I'm pretty sure they're gonna keep up the good multiplayer-work they've been doing so good in the past...
But truth to be told, I don't know much what's going on ATM. I'm just some intern, aiming to destroy the coffee-mashine and printers. As all good interns do, I've been told... :p

I'm really excited to see the final product though... from what's been said in the media, it's a massive investment.
Next part of the trailerwill be out 30'th of march. Looking forward to seeing that! :)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-21 16:29:27 Reply

Can't wait for this. CoD is going to be a thing of the past once I get my hands on this. I would much rather play as a team then be a lone wolf like i am forced to in CoD.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-21 21:27:15 Reply

At 3/21/11 03:40 PM, Rucklo wrote: I have not, at least not directly.

Well since you're in the audio department, is the sound work orgasmic?

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-22 01:37:38 Reply

At 3/21/11 09:27 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/21/11 03:40 PM, Rucklo wrote: I have not, at least not directly.
Well since you're in the audio department, is the sound work orgasmic?

YES! ;)

Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-25 21:56:12 Reply

Battlefield 3 on consoles will feature smaller maps than its PC counterpart.

Finally a multiplatform developer that isn't letting consoles hold them back.

PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-29 19:47:11 Reply

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/03/29/
dices-gm-talks-about-the-problems-with-p rone-on-battlefield-3/

Dice said that it only included prone because of all the cry babies. They would have preferred to leave it out, and said it causes visual and balance problems.

Are you happy now?

BBS Signature
Jizzlebang
Jizzlebang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-29 20:18:17 Reply

I'm honestly really surprised that there seem to be a lot of people (in this thread) who think BF3 is in any way shape or form a sequal to the BFBC series.

Because it's not.

It's a sequal to the original series for PC.

Console Casuals everywhere..

BBS Signature
svarqk
svarqk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 00:11:38 Reply

This is AWESOME!
so much so im prob gonna need to buy a new comp :P

Always look on the bright side of life!

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 14:43:13 Reply

Third gameplay video.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 15:00:04 Reply

At 3/30/11 02:43 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Third gameplay video.

That sound, just, mmmmmmmm.

I think I might have to upgrade to max BF3 out though. :(

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 15:23:49 Reply

At 3/30/11 02:43 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Third gameplay video.

I like seeing new-ish gameplay like this, but it's really not too interesting...

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 16:56:31 Reply

Don't understand why they'd send your character in there by himself instead of an engineer, or more specifically an EOD team... but oh well. The melee combat looks rather interesting, I'm eager to see how it handles when I'm playing, rather than seeing it in a ready made demo.

Anyone remember Breakdown on the original Xbox?

Atypop
Atypop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 17:00:46 Reply

Loved bad company 2, got it last april and still play it with some friends to this day.
Definitely getting this!!!

Pm me for a pleasant conversation or for help with anything.
Thanks to JebbaL for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 17:39:08 Reply

I am wondering now if the online is going to look as good as the single player does. In BFBC 2 the destruction looked quite fake, but in this it actually looks like stuff is really blowing up. I want it... I need it.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-30 20:32:42 Reply

Only just heard about this game, the trailers that have been released look absolutely phenomenal!

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-31 15:43:31 Reply

DICE confirmed that the campaign should take about 12 hours to complete.

The graphics and realism make me wanna cum.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

BBS Signature