IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-09 20:27:42 Reply

http://www.inquisitr.com/124976/all-four -battlefield-3-classes-detailed/

They have gone into detail about the classes. Nothing we didn't really already know. Assault plays the role of the medic. Engineer is about the same as always. Support class is back, with a bipod that is supposedly able to be placed anywhere, and has a new suppressing fire mechanic. Recon is about the same, although if the picture is anything to go by, the ghillie suit is gone.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-10 00:23:05 Reply

At 7/9/11 08:27 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: http://www.inquisitr.com/124976/all-four -battlefield-3-classes-detailed/

That's cool, I hope they'll have spotting on HC this time around, that was the only drawback to it in my opinion.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-10 01:07:34 Reply

At 7/9/11 08:27 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: http://www.inquisitr.com/124976/all-four -battlefield-3-classes-detailed/

They have gone into detail about the classes. Nothing we didn't really already know. Assault plays the role of the medic. Engineer is about the same as always. Support class is back, with a bipod that is supposedly able to be placed anywhere, and has a new suppressing fire mechanic. Recon is about the same, although if the picture is anything to go by, the ghillie suit is gone.

I think the snipers are going to be a pain in the ass in this game now that prone is back. It will probably be balanced by the fact that it takes them a short while to get back up from prone. If they could move around with any sort of speed in prone I will rage. It would make them to annoying and a hassle to deal with.

I never stop moving unless I am taking cover in BC2 anyways. I learned quickly that people who stand steal get their brains blown out.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-10 09:05:56 Reply

At 7/10/11 01:07 AM, Cootie wrote: I think the snipers are going to be a pain in the ass in this game now that prone is back.

DICE is taking a few precautions against snipers. For one, scope sway is back. So it won't be the point and shoot bullshit from BC2. Also, scopes will reflect light. So camping snipers will have a nice little glint of light coming from their scope, making them easy to see.

And since the ghillie suit is gone, they will be easier to see.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-10 18:00:35 Reply

At 7/10/11 09:05 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
And since the ghillie suit is gone, they will be easier to see.

Sway plus bullet drop sounds obnoxious. Which is good considering the overload of snipers in BC2 who sit back miles away and don't even help the team. When I was a sniper I actually had my scope on the objective 90% of the time. That way when they come to disarm the bomb they get capped.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 15:42:25 Reply

That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

I hope they have something a little more exciting

narf
narf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 16:12:55 Reply

At 7/11/11 03:42 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

Whats wrong with a bipod? no run an gunning lmgs. Bipod it, and gain suppressing fire points and cover your team.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-11 17:39:35 Reply

any more on the CAMPAIGN

BBS Signature
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-12 13:52:17 Reply

At 7/11/11 04:12 PM, narf wrote:
At 7/11/11 03:42 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: That bipod thing seems like the lamest excuse for a feature i've ever heard

Whats wrong with a bipod? no run an gunning lmgs. Bipod it, and gain suppressing fire points and cover your team.

I'm also guessing support people will probably be the ones who resupply ammo now, seeing as how soldier and medic have been combined, and since the medics will be handing out first aid and reviving, chances are quite good they're not going to be handing out ammo as well on top of all that.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-12 15:29:23 Reply

At 7/10/11 09:05 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Also, scopes will reflect light. So camping snipers will have a nice little glint of light coming from their scope, making them easy to see.

Really? That's a pretty cool detail, and useful as well!

the ghillie suit is gone

D:

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 13:24:26 Reply

I'm ready to play now.

Short multiplayer trailer.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 14:09:51 Reply

Considering Bad Company 2 is my most played game right now I really can't wait for Battlefield 3 and that multiplayer trailer looks pretty cool. At first I thought the subway was it's own map until I realised that you can go up to the street level as well. I think that's really cool for some reason.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 15:51:40 Reply

A war author and former SAS operative has written a book with DICE titled Battlefield 3. It will go on sale on amazon and barnes & noble later this year. He is also the war realism adviser to DICE.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:30:02 Reply

Leaked HD multiplayer montage. Get ready for epicness.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:43:49 Reply

At 7/21/11 04:30 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Leaked HD multiplayer montage. Get ready for epicness.

Looks to me like it's one of those smaller 16x16 player maps. Still looks awesome despite the smaller map. Still, I'm really more geared toward the 64x64 player maps. It's been a long time since I've played BF2 and I miss that kind of massive, large scale warfare.

BBS Signature
Gerbil
Gerbil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 16:50:50 Reply

At 7/21/11 01:24 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm ready to play now.

Short multiplayer trailer.

Its official, I'm pre-ordering. Now I just gotta find my Ps3... there's no way my pc can handle that game.

Steam | TF2BP

Sig by armorfag or whatever

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 17:13:46 Reply

I don't know why but this is the first time I am unsure which console to buy this particular game for. Any suggestions?

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Gerbil
Gerbil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 17:18:05 Reply

Well, there won't be any modding, so that kind throws PC out the window, unless that's where a majority of your chums play. And I think 360 has more of a competitive community than the Ps3 if that's what you're into.

Steam | TF2BP

BBS Signature
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 19:17:59 Reply

At 7/21/11 05:13 PM, X1SephX wrote: I don't know why but this is the first time I am unsure which console to buy this particular game for. Any suggestions?

If your computer can handle it, PC. If not, get it on the console. That's essentially the way it is with pretty much every game that goes on multiple platforms.

Setting graphics and visual performance aside, I simply prefer to aim with a mouse than a control stick. There are plenty of times when I get killed in Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the XBox 360 simply because of a control stick aiming issue. If the sensitivity is too low, people seem to run out of your aiming range or you can't turn around fast enough, but if the sensitivity is too high, precision aiming becomes a joke and seems impossible to line up your crosshairs with your target. To me, it feels impossible to get it just right with a perfect balance, whereas with a mouse, it's much more precise at a much quicker pace.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 19:22:48 Reply

I think all the movement issues in the console version of Bad Company 2 will be gone in Battlefield 3... I hope they are...

I'm purchasing on the console because my PC can't handle the game, but also because my friends will be playing on the Xbox.

Gerbil
Gerbil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 20:10:28 Reply

At 7/21/11 07:17 PM, RazorHawk wrote:
At 7/21/11 05:13 PM, X1SephX wrote:
blah

Ps3 does allow you to hook up usb keyboards and mice

Steam | TF2BP

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-21 20:43:50 Reply

At 7/21/11 07:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
I'm purchasing on the console because my PC can't handle the game, but also because my friends will be playing on the Xbox.

Same here, there was nothing quite like circling the enemy base with your friend piloting a Blackhawk and shooting everything you see.

As well as helping your friend snipe by acting as a spotter, this game with friends is probably my favorite online experience.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 05:38:44 Reply

At 7/21/11 07:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: I think all the movement issues in the console version of Bad Company 2 will be gone in Battlefield 3... I hope they are...

What issues are you talking about? I have BC2 and I haven't had any problem moving around so far I think.

This.^

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 12:46:13 Reply

At 7/22/11 05:38 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: What issues are you talking about? I have BC2 and I haven't had any problem moving around so far I think.

Not exactly issues, but most PC players complained about the console version (which makes total sense, I know). Just watch some gameplay of Bad Company 2 on PC and you can already see the difference in the movement. It's smoother and looks like it's easier to get around.

Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 17:43:30 Reply

Would this Cardbe able to max BF3? Im not quite good with video cards.

My specs:
-4gb DDR3 ram
-Phenom II x4 3.2ghz
-2 100gb HDs and a 400gb
-MSI 870-G45

Im also going to get a new power supply to use the new card.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
treedude
treedude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-22 19:49:40 Reply

Mmmm my foot fetish will finally be satisfied with this game.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

Photoshop Me!

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 09:46:02 Reply

At 7/21/11 02:09 PM, Dean wrote: Considering Bad Company 2 is my most played game right now I really can't wait for Battlefield 3

Oh, yes boyo.
I can't wait for us bc2bros to re-assemble and fuck shit up online, it's gonna be killer.

And there is no problem with movement, Makeshit.

aren't I clever?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:16:45 Reply

At 7/23/11 09:46 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
Oh, yes boyo.
I can't wait for us bc2bros to re-assemble and fuck shit up online, it's gonna be killer.

I'll be there to join you guys, and don't worry I wont sell it for drug money.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:24:51 Reply

At 7/23/11 11:16 AM, Snuff wrote: I'll be there to join you guys, and don't worry I wont sell it for drug money.

I'll have a job by then, so I'll never need to sell a game again.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-07-23 11:48:39 Reply

At 7/23/11 11:24 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I'll have a job by then, so I'll never need to sell a game again.

Then you can start building up a massive game collection to compete with mine.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature