New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Battlefield 3 will be upon us before we realize it and the first batch of info is being released shortly. The game is being developed under DICE's new Frostbite 2.0 engine with the beta being released on October 12, 2011. You will have access if you purchased the Limited Edition or Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor.

The premier trailer will be released tomorrow, February 4, 2011 and Gameinformer has announced Battlefield 3 as their March Cover.

For the latest news and unofficial forums, visit EnterBF3 ... Or stay right here.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

HeavyMetalGuy
HeavyMetalGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:22 PM Reply

*jizz*

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Son of a bitch. Just as I get bad company 2, they come out with a third one.

If they learned from their few and far between mistakes in Bad Company 2, this may be the best game to date.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 2/3/11 08:38 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Son of a bitch. Just as I get bad company 2, they come out with a third one.

It'll probably be released in March of 2012. You've still got a while.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 12:23 AM Reply

I love the series and as people know I have been playing Bad Company 2 almost every day. There were VERY few mistakes in Bad Company 2, so I can't wait to see how good this game is.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 03:19 AM Reply

Here's hoping it's more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company 2. Bad Company 2 was fun and all but I haven't got as much enjoyment out of the Battlefield series as what I did from Vietnam, #2 and 2142. Original PC versions were always the best but here's hoping #3 doesn't disappoint.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:05 AM Reply

Forgot about this, should be good.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:23 AM Reply

Will there be *gasp* regeneration?

BBS Signature
funnyhomeboy
funnyhomeboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:40 AM Reply

That sucks, I bought a used Special Edition at Gamestop, only to realize that (DURR) it was used previously. Oh well, I mean, I'll get the 3rd one, since the 2nd one hooked me from the get go.

I still don't see why CoD fans don't like this game. Is it the fact that it actually takes 2-3 seconds to swing a knife or that you can't go prone and spawncamp to get thousands of points? Anyways, one thing I think I'd like to see improved is more maps and game choices. I shouldn't have to pay 1600 MS points just to det a few more maps and another mode of game.

Rush was and will still be a classic. I never get tired of it, and the destructable environments makes every game something new.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:54 AM Reply

At 2/4/11 06:40 AM, funnyhomeboy wrote: I still don't see why CoD fans don't like this game.

Well I play Call of Duty, but I also enjoy Battlefield. I do prefer Battlefield though.

So it turns out this game is slated for an Autumn 2011 release which is just incredible. I was thinking with the beta being in October, the game wouldn't be available until early the next year and would go along with Bad Company 2's release of early March.

Here's the early teaser trailer. It's not much to look at.

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 07:24 AM Reply

At 2/3/11 09:06 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/3/11 08:38 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Son of a bitch. Just as I get bad company 2, they come out with a third one.

It releases Fall 2011 (this year). I hope the jets are in the console (xbox 360) version, or I ain't buying it.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 2/4/11 07:24 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 2/3/11 09:06 PM, Makeshift wrote:
It releases Fall 2011 (this year).

I know. I mentioned this in the post right above yours.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 09:07 AM Reply

Watched the trailer. The only thing I got out of it was the release date.

All it was, was grainy real life battlefield footage, filtered and put behind the title.

I am actually wondering what the story line will be, or if it will be multiplayer-only. Since it is called Battlefield 3, and not bad company 3, I assume they are done with the bad company story.

It is bitter sweet for me though. I will not be able to afford to shell out $60+ at release time. I will have to wait for a immature COD fan that get's fed up with it to return it after a week and get it at a used price. The only reason I got BC2 new and with a VIP code, was because it had almost been out for a year.

At 2/4/11 06:40 AM, funnyhomeboy wrote: I still don't see why CoD fans don't like this game.

I tried getting a few of my friends that play COD to play bad company 2. They hated it.

Their argument was:

1. Too much recoil makes it harder to shoot
2. Maps are big
3. Bullet drop makes it harder to kill
4. Cover gets destroyed
5. Vehicles are annoying

Pretty much they just named off everything that makes battlefield awesome. They said that all they want is a small map where you kill everything in sight, and don't have to worry about teamwork.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 11:00 AM Reply

The (I'm guessing not final) box art. Still looks pretty cool :D
Also can't wait for this, I'm still playing BC2 now :D

A Thread for Battlefield 3

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 2/4/11 09:07 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Watched the trailer. The only thing I got out of it was the release date.

It did show the possibility of jets and if you think a little outside the box, you'll notice they're in what looks like a skyscraper. It could mean BF3 will have skyscrapers, which I think could be awesome. You can see a skyscrapers being destroyed on the Gameinformer cover.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 11:26 AM Reply

"This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign - all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now."

That is what was written on the official website.

From what I heard, the frostbite 2 engine is the best thing since sliced bread. I can't wait until it comes out, and I hope they put out an open beta.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 2/4/11 11:26 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: co-op campaign

Awesome

return of jets

Awesome

prone

Damn. Snipers are going to have a huge advantage.

64-player multiplayer (on PC)

Makes me want to upgrade my PC and get it for that.

For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now."

So I noticed Game Informer subscriptions are cheap...

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

I looked at EA's preorder page for battlefield 3.

It said $50. Since getting a PS3, this is the first time I've actually been caught up with the current gen of systems, so I don't really know the procedure. Is the pre-order price higher, lower, or the same as if you got it off the shelf after it came out.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 11:56 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: It said $50. Since getting a PS3, this is the first time I've actually been caught up with the current gen of systems, so I don't really know the procedure. Is the pre-order price higher, lower, or the same as if you got it off the shelf after it came out.

When you preorder the game you get it at the same price, it's just being reserved for you.

$50 is cheap though, even at a US price. Games are usually $59.99 at release in US, and $69.99 in Canada. I'm sure that $50 price is for US, so it's still $10 cheaper than usual.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 12:07 PM Reply

Never played battlefield series before, but from what i've heard its really team orientated, and a bit more realistic. I'll probably buy this, I'm just hoping my friends are tired enough of CoD to do the same.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 01:08 PM Reply

I am fine with every change except that addition of prone. The fuck guys? This is just going to make being a camping sniper fuck even easier. I thought that they should add wind to make sniping even harder. That way everyone who isn't actually good at sniping would fuck off and be a class that is useful to the game.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 01:08 PM, Cootie wrote: I thought that they should add wind to make sniping even harder. That way everyone who isn't actually good at sniping would fuck off and be a class that is useful to the game.

Are you suggesting they make it impossible to snipe without knowledge of ballistics? I like it.

Tell them to add bullet drift and the effect of the rotation of the earth.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 01:14 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 2/4/11 01:08 PM, Cootie wrote: I thought that they should add wind to make sniping even harder. That way everyone who isn't actually good at sniping would fuck off and be a class that is useful to the game.
Are you suggesting they make it impossible to snipe without knowledge of ballistics? I like it.

Tell them to add bullet drift and the effect of the rotation of the earth.

Well, I don't know all about that. But, wind would be a welcome change as it would encourage people to get a little close to the action. Get closer, or miss and not get a single kill the entire game.

I hate when snipers don't help take or disarm the objectives because they are miles away on the map.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 02:15 PM Reply

Trailer sucked, but I'm very excited anyway.
With a better, even more destructable engine, 64 players and Jets, this will be a day one buy for me.

The sad part is that Modern Warfare 3 will outsell it 2:1

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 02:04 PM, Cootie wrote: I hate when snipers don't help take or disarm the objectives because they are miles away on the map.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. We don't know for sure if it is going to have rush.

And if it does, who knows what the objectives may be. It could be a whole building, in which case snipers would be able to call strikes on. That is, if they can call strikes. In battlefield 2: modern combat, it was the medic/support guys that called mortar strikes.

I don't think we can speculate things yet, since we have seen no gameplay. There is no telling what it has in store.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 02:04 PM, Cootie wrote: I hate when snipers don't help take or disarm the objectives because they are miles away on the map.

Well, it's kind of their job to stay back and provide covering fire. So you can't get too mad at them, unless there's just piles sitting back.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 02:43 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Well, it's kind of their job to stay back and provide covering fire. So you can't get too mad at them, unless there's just piles sitting back.

Yeah. I hate when I start to cover an objective as a sniper, and a pile forms.

I will be the only one there. I cover the objective, spot, call mortar strikes, then it's time to move up. I look behind me, and 4 other guys have formed a sniper mob behind me.

BBS Signature
samwd1717
samwd1717
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 03:21 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
I will be the only one there. I cover the objective, spot, call mortar strikes, then it's time to move up. I look behind me, and 4 other guys have formed a sniper mob behind me.

its the human shield effect

the more people there are ina given spot more players will join in so if one of them dies, its easy for the others to identify and flee unlike being miles apart with npo idea where there teammates are

I jsut want bigger maps and some fucking choppers and im happy with it

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 03:53 PM Reply

I see they still have the same dark blue and orange theme from BC2. Seems a little odd considering it isn't the same title. But anyway, I always liked that sort of theme, so I'm not complaining.

I'll definitely be getting this game as soon as I can, I love BC2 so this game should live up to my expectations.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 02:43 PM, Makeshift wrote:

Yeah, but most miss and are far too far away to be accurate and effective. I would be fine with snipers coming back and being able to go prone as long as the 12x scope doesn't come back. They just sit back the whole match trying to get "leet headshots" while missing half the time.

BBS Signature