00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,068,495 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 20:15:29

I'm asking this to any Nile fans in here. What would be the album I should listen first by them?
Thanks mates

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 20:26:40

At 7/19/09 08:09 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: By the way you guys, Pokemon is metal.

Fuck yes it is. Pikachu is a true black metal warrior, born and raised on the grim and frostbitten moors of Pallet Town.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 20:39:48

At 7/19/09 08:26 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 7/19/09 08:09 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: By the way you guys, Pokemon is metal.
Fuck yes it is. Pikachu is a true black metal warrior, born and raised on the grim and frostbitten moors of Pallet Town.

I have a confession. I'm a serious competitive pokemon battler on ShoddyBattle and on DS Wifi. I raise serious teams, train them well and the like. but seriously, what's as metal as having little slaves that do battle with other slaves at your command? NOTHING.

Also, Duff, get Annihilation of the Wicked first.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 20:45:47

At 7/19/09 08:26 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:

Slightly relevant

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 21:01:02

At 7/19/09 08:39 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote:
At 7/19/09 08:26 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Fuck yes it is. Pikachu is a true black metal warrior, born and raised on the grim and frostbitten moors of Pallet Town.
I have a confession. I'm a serious competitive pokemon battler on ShoddyBattle and on DS Wifi. I raise serious teams, train them well and the like. but seriously, what's as metal as having little slaves that do battle with other slaves at your command? NOTHING.

Haha, awesome. I've always wanted to get into something like that, I fucking love Pokemon. Some of the Pokemon themselves are metal like the dragons and shit. What's more metal than Charizard?

Also, Duff, get Annihilation of the Wicked first.

Good album, I like Ithyphallic better though.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 21:08:52

At 7/19/09 09:01 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's more metal than Charizard?

Steelix, duh.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 21:12:03

At 7/19/09 09:08 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 7/19/09 09:01 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's more metal than Charizard?
Steelix, duh.

Oh my, it's very long and rock hard.. can I pet it? I'll let you pet my Ekans.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-19 22:54:13

You know what deserve more attention? Electric Wizard's albums that aren't Dopethrone.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 05:09:22

At 7/19/09 10:54 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: You know what deserve more attention? Electric Wizard's albums that aren't Dopethrone.

You know how I said my fav Electric Wizard album was Self titled? Well, I wrote a review on MA and gave it like 93 percent, because the only review of it gives it like 70 percent and the guy just didn't understand it, anyway, I submitted it and it never came up. Ripped off.

And yeah, I got the one after Dopethrone, and it's not crap at all.

And why is self titled my favourite when it's not as complex and doesn't have a sludgy production? Because it's their most traditional doom metal album, and it's really catchy and slow and heavy. Great shit. Witchcult Today is slightly similar, more traditional.

But the thing is, Dopethrone is a really, really good album.

And it has satan smoking a bong on the cover. Album covers usually work wonders in marketing, even in the underground. Can you say Dawn of the Black Hearts?

Also, Guitar Hero: Metallica is pretty enjoyable.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 08:53:58

At 7/19/09 06:24 PM, Dr-Roxo wrote: Do you ever look back on your past and realize that you were once even more of a douchebag than you are now?

Eh, I've always acknowledged that but if we're talking about when we first joined the Metal Hell, then my musical interests in metal has pretty much been the same, except for getting into loads more bands. The bands I mentioned back then were:

Blind Guardian - Still one of my favourite bands
DragonForce - I don't mind a small dosage of them from time to time
Dream Theater - Still one of my favourite bands
Fear Factory - Don't listen to as much, but still great
HammerFall - Same for Fear Factory
Helloween - Still one of my favourite bands
Iced Earth - Still great
Iron Maiden - Still one of my favourite bands
Megadeth - Still one of my favourite bands
Metallica - Still great considering their first few albums
Pantera - They're alright

So yeah, half of my favourite bands have been the same for 3 years now and will most likely still be my favourites in 5 years time.

Opeth is for emos

That's bullshit!

At 7/19/09 08:39 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Also, Duff, get Annihilation of the Wicked first.

I remember listening to this ages ago, but couldn't get into it. Maybe now would be a good time to give them a second chance?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 09:41:17

At 7/20/09 08:53 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/19/09 08:39 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Also, Duff, get Annihilation of the Wicked first.
I remember listening to this ages ago, but couldn't get into it. Maybe now would be a good time to give them a second chance?

Nile is a bit overwhelming before you get used to them. But.. I suggest you don't listen to the song Sarcophagus first. I did, and I hated it, and for a while, I hated Nile. Then I listened to Execration Text and liked them. But, yeah.. Annihilation of the wicked is good.

Jylmu Raouls

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:23:55

Guys i'm going to Warp Tour tomorrow with my girlfriend, I know it's embarrassing but she loves that kind of music and she got me a free ticket.

brokeNCYDE is one of the many bands playing, fucking....yes.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:24:43

At 7/20/09 05:23 PM, AniMetal wrote: Guys i'm going to Warp Tour tomorrow with my girlfriend, I know it's embarrassing but she loves that kind of music and she got me a free ticket.

brokeNCYDE is one of the many bands playing, fucking....yes.

LIAAARR!

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:32:58

At 7/19/09 06:05 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I think that instead of blaming any one person, we should blame everybody.

That's nice, but I was just making fun.

At 7/19/09 10:54 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: You know what deserve more attention? Electric Wizard's albums that aren't Dopethrone.

Aside from Dopethrone, I have Come My Fanatics, Witchcult Today and Let us Prey.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:35:23

At 7/20/09 05:24 PM, Nev wrote: LIAAARR!

List of bands, copy and pasted:

* 3OH!3
* A Day To Remember
* A Skylit Drive
* Aiden
* Alana Grace
* Alexisonfire
* All Time Low
* Another Option
* Anti-Flag
* Attack Attack
* Bad Religion
* Bayside
* Big D and the Kids Table
* Black Tide
* Breathe Carolina
* brokeNCYDE
* Chiodos
* Dance Gavin Dance
* Dear And The Headlights
* Dirty Heads
* Down With Webster
* Dr Madd Vibe Experiment
* Escape The Fate
* Gallows
* Hit The Lights
* I Set My Friends On Fire
* ice nine kills
* In This Moment
* InnerPartySystem
* Ionia
* Jeffree Star
* Jet Lag Gemini
* Kelsey And The Chaos
* KIA Kevin Says Stage
* Less Than Jake
* LIGHTS
* Longway
* Madina Lake
* Meg and Dia
* Mercy Mercedes
* Middle Finger Salute
* Millionaires
* Monty Are I
* NOFX
* P.O.S.
* Pull The Pin
* Saosin
* Say When
* Scary Kids Scaring Kids
* Senses Fail
* Shad
* Shooter Jennings
* Sing It Loud
* Streetlight Manifesto
* Switchblade Killers
* TAT
* The A.K.A.s
* The Architects
* The Devil Wears Prada
* The Maine
* The Low Anthem
* The White Tie Affair
* There For Tomorrow
* Therefore I Am
* TV/TV
* Underoath
* VersaEmerge
* Walk Off The Earth
* Westbound Train

Awesomeness. :P

In less silly news, I found a pretty great progressive stoner/sludge metal band.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:49:54

At 7/20/09 05:32 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Aside from Dopethrone, I have Come My Fanatics, Witchcult Today and Let us Prey.

Electric Wizard
Come My Fanatics
Dopethrone
Witchcult Today

At 7/20/09 05:35 PM, AniMetal wrote: List of bands, copy and pasted:

I was actually singing a brokenCYDE song. I was hoping Dent or someone would join in.

The Irrepressibles - In This Shirt
That band are amazing! Like Philip Glass meets Russell Brand (but in a good way... though that will be hard to imagine). Myspace.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:52:23

At 7/20/09 05:49 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/20/09 05:32 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Aside from Dopethrone, I have Come My Fanatics, Witchcult Today and Let us Prey.
Electric Wizard
Come My Fanatics
Dopethrone
Witchcult Today

I might as well list all the Electric Wizard I have.

Electric Wizard
Come My Fanatics
Dopethrone
We Live!
Supercoven
Let Us Prey

I was actually singing a brokenCYDE song. I was hoping Dent or someone would join in.

Hahaha I caught that.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 17:52:33

At 7/20/09 05:49 PM, Nev wrote: I was actually singing a brokenCYDE song. I was hoping Dent or someone would join in.

TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF, ON THE DANCE FLOOR!

Yeah, I knew you were. XD

Iced Earth-- Gettysburg

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 18:10:57

At 7/19/09 06:24 PM, Dr-Roxo wrote: Arch Enemy is for emos

Yeah sort of. Well I mean I guess it's not really...

Opeth is for emos

Wait a minute now, their lyrics are pretty good and My Arms Your Hearse is pretty damn good as well...

Katatonia is for emos

SAY THAT IN THE STREETS BRUH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

At 7/19/09 08:09 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Also, I've been getting back into Yearning again after months of not listening to them. That is all.

Kool

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 21:00:58

Summer Slaughter was worth the $10.50 I spent on it. Origin's guitarist was insane. Darkest Hour sucked balls, Blackguard was mediocre, and that's about. I've seen all of the other bands before over the past two years and they didn't disappoint.

Now, however, I feel like shit. I've been starving myself for most of today because I have little motivation to move around.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 21:09:51

At 7/20/09 08:20 PM, batman64 wrote: WTF?!?!
I like Opeth.
And I am not a fucking emo.

I think it's safe to say the user that said Arch Enemy, Opeth and that other third band I can't remember is an idiot.

At 7/20/09 09:00 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Summer Slaughter was worth the $10.50 I spent on it. Origin's guitarist was insane. Darkest Hour sucked balls,

No surprises there.

Blackguard was mediocre, and that's about. I've seen all of the other bands before over the past two years and they didn't disappoint.

What?! Black Guard were amazing when I saw them at paganfest.

Now, however, I feel like shit. I've been starving myself for most of today because I have little motivation to move around.

You've seen the rest of those bands? Lucky bastard, besides Black Guard I haven't seen a single band on summer slaughter tour live yet.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 21:59:23

At 7/20/09 09:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: What?! Black Guard were amazing when I saw them at paganfest.

They weren't bad, but it's a stretch to characterize them as amazing. While I was waiting on line, I was off-handedly telling someone else that I didn't really care much about Blackguard (which is true), and the next thing I knew, their guitarist was standing right there and heard what I said. It was an awkward moment.

You've seen the rest of those bands? Lucky bastard, besides Black Guard I haven't seen a single band on summer slaughter tour live yet.

This was my 4th time seeing Suffocation, 3rd time seeing Necrophagist, and 2nd time seeing Ensiferum. So yeah. I also talked to Muhammed for about 5 minutes before the show. Basically, he said he's been living in Orange County, California for the past 8 or 9 months, and that the next Necrophagist album is about 80% written and will be a concept album.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 22:18:08

At 7/20/09 09:59 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: This was my 4th time seeing Suffocation, 3rd time seeing Necrophagist, and 2nd time seeing Ensiferum. So yeah. I also talked to Muhammed for about 5 minutes before the show. Basically, he said he's been living in Orange County, California for the past 8 or 9 months, and that the next Necrophagist album is about 80% written and will be a concept album.

I really want to see Necrophagist and Ensiferum live. So do you happen to know German, or was the conversation in English?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 22:24:51

At 7/20/09 10:18 PM, jew193 wrote: I really want to see Necrophagist and Ensiferum live. So do you happen to know German, or was the conversation in English?

I know a little bit of German, but we spoke in English because he speaks English as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 22:44:00

At 7/20/09 10:24 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/20/09 10:18 PM, jew193 wrote: I really want to see Necrophagist and Ensiferum live. So do you happen to know German, or was the conversation in English?
I know a little bit of German, but we spoke in English because he speaks English as well.

Yeah, that's why I want to learn another language, because if I'm not mistaken, almost everyone in Europe knows at least 2 languages. Languages should be more important in American education. My spanish isn't bad though, so...

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 22:50:43

At 7/20/09 10:44 PM, jew193 wrote: because if I'm not mistaken, almost everyone in Europe knows at least 2 languages.

Except in the UK... WAAAHEEEYY!

Languages aren't necessary in Europe though. If they don't understand English simply shout and point and they always understand.
Innit, Brits?

... Yes, we're scum :(.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 23:16:54

At 7/20/09 10:44 PM, jew193 wrote: Yeah, that's why I want to learn another language, because if I'm not mistaken, almost everyone in Europe knows at least 2 languages. Languages should be more important in American education. My spanish isn't bad though, so...

I feel the same. There's a school in my area that does bilingual teaching (spanish/english) which is really cool, i kind of wish i went there. A ton of my friends did, and they can all speak fluent spanish.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 23:32:38

Well Carl, you speak Latin don't you? You could always converse with the Ro-, nevermind.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-20 23:45:03

At 7/20/09 11:32 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Well Carl, you speak Latin don't you? You could always converse with the Ro-, nevermind.

Shut up :(

also i don't know much Latin, our course doesn't cover much vocabulary (and the vocabulary is a bit... outdated.)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-21 01:03:18

At 7/20/09 11:16 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I feel the same. There's a school in my area that does bilingual teaching (spanish/english) which is really cool, i kind of wish i went there. A ton of my friends did, and they can all speak fluent spanish.

Yeah, I've been hanging out at my friend's house a lot, and his parents speak Spanish, and no joke, my spanish has improved hanging out with him. His dad knows some English, so I'll talk to him in Spanish and he'll talk back in English. It sounds weird to someone listening.

But also, that's why any band from a non english speaking country is amazing, because they're writing lyrics in their second or possibly third language. That's incredible