00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GigzMcGeezie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread

1,492 Views | 19 Replies

Black Ops is scheduled for release in November 2010 and sources indicate the game developed by Treyarch will be set in history, between World War II and present day. It is also hinted that some of the missions will take gamers to Cuba and South America which hints at a Cold War and Vietnam based game.

In true Modern Warfare style, gamers will reportedly get a chance to play as a member of the Special Air Service (SAS) in which players will be involved in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy during the 1980's.

The game is also hinted to feature the popular "zombie mode" where players will get to gun down forces of zombies which was made popular in Call of Duty: World at War.

For South African PC gamers and worldwide PC gamers alike, CoD7 is set to feature dedicated servers. Gamers across the world should put their hands together for Activision who seem to be weeding out the problems with previous titles by re-adding dedicated servers to the franchise.

"... With a scheduled release date of November 2010 the game is still in full development but undisclosed sources over at Activision have stated that "Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day". Besides this information the sources have also confirmed that some missions will take us to Cuba and South America, hinting again in the direction of a Cold War / Vietnam based game.

Also revealed was that in certain missions the players are able to play as a member of SAS (the Special Air Service), the principle special forces unit of the British Army. One of these SAS missions pitches you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980's.

It has also been confirmed that Call of Duty 7: Black Ops will feature the popular zombie mode, in which players get to shoot down hordes of zombies, a feature that could not be seen in the Infinity Ward produced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

And last but not least, dedicated servers will also be part of the new Call of Duty game, much to the delight of PC gamers across the world. After Activision fired Vince Zampella and Jason West from Infinity Ward, it seems like they are taking yet another step back from the direction they had taken with Modern Warfare 2 by re-adding dedicated servers."

Source
http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php?st ory=More-Call-of-Duty-7-Details-Revealed

Really surprised no-one has posted this information yet, it was released two days ago.

Also note Call of Duty 7

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-03-31 16:53:50

At 3/31/10 04:47 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Really surprised no-one has posted this information yet, it was released two days ago.

Personally, I don't believe that the information is true. It reads the same as the one I saw on TeK-9's website a while back. Hell, I'd go as far as calling it a copy pasta. Also, if you look on the Call of Duty website, one of Treyarch's staff (xCHEFSx) posted a thread and asked what players wanted. He also said to imagine the game was going to be set in a Vietnam War era, I think.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-03-31 17:36:10

At 3/31/10 04:53 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote:
At 3/31/10 04:47 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Really surprised no-one has posted this information yet, it was released two days ago.
Personally, I don't believe that the information is true. It reads the same as the one I saw on TeK-9's website a while back. Hell, I'd go as far as calling it a copy pasta. Also, if you look on the Call of Duty website, one of Treyarch's staff (xCHEFSx) posted a thread and asked what players wanted. He also said to imagine the game was going to be set in a Vietnam War era, I think.

Read it, he says it hints at Vietnam.

Fuckin' noobs... Seriously, you really need to read before making false assumptions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-03-31 18:13:02

At 3/31/10 05:36 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Read it, he says it hints at Vietnam.
Fuckin' noobs... Seriously, you really need to read before making false assumptions.

For the record, I did read your post. And yes, he hints at Vietnam. Now, considering the fact he had a thread up about Vietnam and Vietnam only, I would be more inclined to believe it is based in Vietnam than mixed across several historical events. That'd be a mess online. And here is the thread for you.

I know, it says unofficial, but at the same time: it's by someone who works for Treyarch so I would be more inclined to believe it, even if it says unofficial. Also, apparently Treyarch bought the rights to use music from the Vietnam time period - tracks from Jimi Hendrix and stuff. Now, I won't go all out and say with 100% certainty that the link you gave is bullshit, because it could be true. However, also: JD_2020, Treyarch's community manager, said something about how there are a lot of rumours going around, and if there is any solid information he will have it on his Twitter.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-03-31 18:55:48

Well there is always the possibility that it could all just be a hoax or something to get hopes up and then never deliver. But what you say sounds true enough and does indeed sound like it's going to be one hell of an addition to the already amazing series.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-03-31 19:15:30

At 3/31/10 06:13 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote: ...

Lawl. The word N00BzZ vs Deductive Reasoning...

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-01 01:42:34

At 3/31/10 11:06 PM, Samen wrote: I couldn't hear you over the sound of my thread being 5 months older, 5 pages longer, and already having everything you just posted here in it, and then some.%u2248%u2248%u2248

I prefer to have the correct title in my threads.

Kevin Bacon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-01 01:44:10

At 4/1/10 01:42 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:
At 3/31/10 11:06 PM, Samen wrote: I couldn't hear you over the sound of my thread being 5 months older, 5 pages longer, and already having everything you just posted here in it, and then some.%u2248%u2248%u2248
I prefer to have the correct title in my threads.

Kevin Bacon.%u2248%u2248%u2248

Bob Dole says it's still Call of Duty 7 regardless of the surtitle.
Bob Dole.

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 15:33:27

I am sooooo amped up for this game. Vietnam, here we come!

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 15:33:48

At 4/30/10 03:31 PM, mcgoth wrote: use the search bar next time

Someone hasn't been paying attention to what's going on here, and doesn't realise that the linked thread is actually locked now.

Nice try though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 16:52:07

I agree with Samen, there's a thread for this already. Doesn't fucking matter if you have the 'official' title of it or not.

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 17:07:09

At 4/30/10 04:52 PM, Fezz wrote: I agree with Samen, there's a thread for this already. Doesn't fucking matter if you have the 'official' title of it or not.

I didn't.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 18:19:38

I'm really liking the sound of Black Ops with the settings in Cuba and Vietnam and stuff.

No doubt there's going to be zombies again, which I can't wait for. Charlie zombies <3

Weird as this may sound to a lot of people, I'm happy it's being made by Treyarch. The last CoD game from IW I enjoyed was 2.

So yeah, I'm excited.

Yay

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-04-30 19:22:09

At 4/30/10 03:33 PM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 4/30/10 03:31 PM, mcgoth wrote: use the search bar next time
Someone hasn't been paying attention to what's going on here, and doesn't realise that the linked thread is actually locked now.

Nice try though.

A thread that's locked but at the end has a link to another thread created by a mod to act as the official thread.

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-05-01 03:46:26

I ain't let you die, Screw Holla!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread 2010-05-02 14:09:45

At 5/1/10 03:46 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: I ain't let you die, Screw Holla!

For the sake of having one thread, and to show you how far that attitude is going to get you, this one's done.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature