00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

scopsilk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

47,147 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 19:19:35

Spent my credits on a new helmet and then realised I could have bought something like blue visor...

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 19:26:45

At 9/18/10 06:47 PM, warshark wrote: Everyone else seems to spend their credits as soon as they earn any.

I currently have about 62 thousand credits. I want to save up for all of the high level, cool armor. I've hardly purchased anything thus far.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 19:51:37

dam legendary on solo is freaking hard, u cant barely walk and u die :(

Sometime, You wonder why cookies are not free from the stores but free when you got them.

*no sense i know i know*

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 19:57:27

At 9/18/10 07:51 PM, locusteman wrote: dam legendary on solo is freaking hard, u cant barely walk and u die :(

Thats why you jump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 20:26:12

I just beat the campaign on normal.

Kat's, Jorge's and Six's death felt sad

but Emilie and Carter's death felt like O HAI IMA GONNA DIE NAO and then back into the actio

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 21:43:48

At 9/18/10 07:26 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 9/18/10 06:47 PM, warshark wrote: Everyone else seems to spend their credits as soon as they earn any.
I currently have about 62 thousand credits. I want to save up for all of the high level, cool armor. I've hardly purchased anything thus far.

Just buy stuff now. By the time you get to Captain then you will probably have loads of credits.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 21:52:04

At 9/18/10 09:43 PM, Shnam wrote:
At 9/18/10 07:26 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
Just buy stuff now. By the time you get to Captain then you will probably have loads of credits.

That's the thing. I don't really want any of the current stuff. I'm happy with what I'm wearing now.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 01:38:33

I'm just saving up for the blue visor which I only need about 5,000 more credits to get.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 02:01:50

Hey, I'm curious about buying the game, but there's a couple of things I'd like to know from you guys!

1. How hard is the game?
2. How much strategy is involved when playing?

I'm not trollin' either. I'd love it if you guys could explain the intricacies of this game to me because right now I know almost nothing. I'll probably buy it eventually, but your answers will help me decide when (=

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 02:09:43

I recommend playing Lone Wolf on Easy with four friends. Eventually you end up fighting dozens of zealots before you finally give in.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 04:54:51

After quite some time I managed to get the 15,000 points in Score Attack achievement. Was trying for daily challenges but I can't seem to survive an entire score attack round

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 05:54:15

Just made Sargeant, <3 Ranger Elites.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 05:56:34

At 9/19/10 02:01 AM, JingoJoe14 wrote: 1. How hard is the game?

Depends how good you are, and what difficulty you choose.

As much as you want there to be. You can choose to just charge head-on (which usually gets you killed), or you can send out decoys and take out the enemy from behind.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 05:57:51

At 9/19/10 05:54 AM, MrPercie wrote: Whats a good way to kill hunters? As im soloing ledgendary and they can be a bastard.

Shotgunning them in the back and using armor lock-up when you can is the best advise I can give.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 06:27:23

I've going to keep saving credits till I find something that's worth buying. Theres a nice looking helmet you are able to see when you get to warrant officer I may save up for. Can't remember what rank you actually need to be to buy it though.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 08:23:20

At 9/19/10 04:54 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: After quite some time I managed to get the 15,000 points in Score Attack achievement. Was trying for daily challenges but I can't seem to survive an entire score attack round

Protip: it can be gotten while playing normal firefight matchmaking.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 09:21:34

Just hit Captain rank. ("An Honor Serving")

They reveal new shoulder pads, new chest pieces, new visor colors and new helmets. I'm guessing this is going to be a trend stepping up from Warrant Officer > Captain > Major > Lt. Colonel > Colonel and so on.

I think I'm going to keep grinding out credits for now, I can't wait to get to Major rank.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 09:24:47

Bought the blue visor and am now Warrant Officer Grade 3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 09:47:11

At 9/19/10 09:24 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Bought the blue visor and am now Warrant Officer Grade 3

Wish my University would allow me to connect to LIVE, I'd be pretty high ranked right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 10:37:32

At 9/19/10 02:09 AM, Shnam wrote: I recommend playing Lone Wolf on Easy with four friends. Eventually you end up fighting dozens of zealots before you finally give in.

It's a pretty sad mission considering you know you're going to die no matter what.

I guess that can be said about the whole game too because you know Reach is going to fall. :(

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 16:25:57

At 9/19/10 09:21 AM, Matt wrote: new visor colors

What colours are they? I really want a red visor.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 16:32:24

Is anyone finding Legendary very very hard... until you use the old noob combo? I was having tons of problems in "big battle" moments before, mostly concerning running out of ammo, but then I just remembered using this and I got through most of the levels with few to no deaths. Is there some other strategy/ weapon combo that has worked well with others?

Roll Fizzlebeef

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 17:20:51

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 17:32:38

At 9/19/10 05:56 AM, Smorsh wrote:
As much as you want there to be. You can choose to just charge head-on (which usually gets you killed), or you can send out decoys and take out the enemy from behind.

I didn't think it was possible to be that un-helpful. Is there someone who knows what he's talking about that can give me better answers?

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 17:55:20

At 9/19/10 05:32 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote:
At 9/19/10 05:56 AM, Smorsh wrote:
I didn't think it was possible to be that un-helpful. Is there someone who knows what he's talking about that can give me better answers?

And I didn't think it was possible to ask such retarded questions, because when you do stupid shit like that it makes it very hard to come up with an answer.
There's difficulty settings, so of course the lower end ones will be easy, while on higher settings it's supposed to be the hardest Halo game thus far. Of course, this will vary based upon your skill level and familiarity with the franchise.
And there's only as much strategy as you put in it, like any other FPS on the goddamned market. It's obviously not some stealth sim or anything, so it's either as metered and measured or as frantic and bombastic as you so choose.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 18:11:16

I'm not talking about the Single Player. Difficulty and Strategy in terms of Player vs CPU are completely irrelevant to me.

I was asking how hard the game is versus other players and how much strategy it takes to win. If auto-aim and the slow speed of the game make it very easy to play, I'm not interested. Likewise, if the gave revolves around "grab this gun" or "sit in this spot" then I'll just stick with Quake.

I want to know how good the game is. I don't care about the space drama packaged in the game as an extra.

Official Halo: Reach Thread

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 18:14:59

DUE I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO AWESOME

Nothing in this world is to be feared, Only Understood. No matter how wealthy your kingdom is, or what are ancestry has made you, Everyone has the same amount of Potential.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 18:15:29

I just got to the mac cannon part of the last level. I ran past all the elites before it because they're simply too hard to kill (I'm on heroic) and reached the cannon and got a checkpoint. Now I'm stuck there because the elites are constantly shooting at me from behind at a distance, and if I try to kill them the phantoms just pile up at the cannon.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 19:21:41

I can honestly say I feel nothing for this game... Nothing at all.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-19 20:35:50

At 9/19/10 06:15 PM, lpfann2 wrote: i absolutely love this game

I'm so glad i went with the Xbox all those years ago. It was a hard decision back then, but games like Gears and Halo make me realize i made the right choice :D

Personally, I'm almost completely convinced that the XBOX was the wrong choice. I have to pay for online, and they're jacking up the price even more soon despite removing some of it's services. Likewise, the library of exclusive games is small, and most of the games are bland. I do not own a PS3, but I am sure I would have enjoyed it more in the long run. It's a shame, but we live with our mistakes.

I also enjoy Quake Live.