00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

imoxifloxi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

47,157 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 05:48:07

I've worked my way up to the last level on Solo Legendary. Will hopefully complete it tomorrow and then I'll start playing multiplayer.

takes note of hologram usage tips

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 07:32:37

Just beat it solo legendary, wow... What a stressfull night that was.

Poor TV, took a very harsh verbal beating tonight. xD

Only a few more achievements to go now! :D

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 14:47:11

At 9/16/10 03:53 AM, Sekhem wrote: so decoy is pretty much the best thing ever added to halo

I was playing big team with buddies and we all used hologram. Needless to say the enemy shit brix when they saw 16 of us running at them.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 15:32:11

I have limited now
my gt is Mattuiop767
Challenge me!

btw. no one is making custom game types yet! :(

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 15:49:21

Got all of the firefight achievements in just 16 minutes.

Inb4 ranting.

Personally, I loved Firefight on ODST, I played it for HOURS with my friend whenever I was with him, but we only played it casually and for a laugh, also medium difficulty, no skulls, nothing.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 21:07:45

Just got my feet wet by doing solo Legendary on "The Package"
I got the Tank Beats Everything achievement and decided I was gonna have to beat it solo eventually.

I dread the final mission however as I was struggling on Heroic.I need more ammos.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 21:48:43

God damn, I finally beat the whole thing on Solo Legendary. Seeing that icon pop up saying 4 achievements unlocked for 335 points made me happy that it was over.

At 9/16/10 09:07 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: I dread the final mission however as I was struggling on Heroic.I need more ammos.

I played a game on the part you're talking about. It was called "hide in a corner with an energy sword and shotgun and wait for them to come to me. And then the last part before getting to the MAC gun, you need to take out 4 elites and a few grunts that are all being shielded by one of those orca sounding things. I was all ='( when I first got to that part.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-16 23:10:00

i suck largely at this game badly

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 01:31:46

At 9/16/10 09:48 PM, 36Holla wrote: And then the last part before getting to the MAC gun, you need to take out 4 elites and a few grunts that are all being shielded by one of those orca sounding things. I was all ='( when I first got to that part.

I swear I was stuck on that single last part trying to get to that stupid gun for at least an hour. Because I didnt have a DMR, just an assault rifle, and trying to take on a elite with just an assault rife WITH the extra elite sheilds caused from the floating things, shit did not go to well.

Untill later I realised in the far corner of the warehouse thingy was a ton of DMR ammo, of course I didnt find this untill about an hour in from being stuck at this part.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 02:49:14

At 9/16/10 03:32 PM, mattuiop wrote: btw. no one is making custom game types yet! :(

Speaking of Custom Game types, has anyone noticed that there's no Team Slayer?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 03:58:12

Is solo legendary really that hard I'm seeing a lot of people doing it here

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 04:05:11

At 9/17/10 02:49 AM, Hoeloe wrote:
At 9/16/10 03:32 PM, mattuiop wrote: btw. no one is making custom game types yet! :(
Speaking of Custom Game types, has anyone noticed that there's no Team Slayer?

Ya there definitely is

I CAN THE POWER!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 05:05:31

A Monument to All Your Sins - 150g

I'm going to answer all of the questions I had running through my head before attempting the second to last segment of the final mission, I guess this could be considered a guide. Sprint is always the best choice up until the last set of encounters when you can use hologram to get an easy kill on "boss" units. The last weapons cabinet you'll see before stepping out into the gauntlet area has two grenade launchers and a Magnum in it; if you're decent with the grenade launcher it might be worthwhile ditching your lowest ammo weapon for it. It's great for Jackals (blue/red shield units) and if you place your shots efficiently, you should come out way ahead in terms of ammo for your more valuable weapons (DMR/Magnum.)

I didn't use a single health pack in the final segment of the last chapter and ammo was actually never a problem. I started it off with a sextuple kill with two grenades and then used the grenade launcher to take out Jackals and/or groups of enemies. Once that ran out I just magnum'd the hell out of brutes at mid-long range and leisurely headshot each and every unit. But, don't waste Magnum or DMR ammo on shielded units. Avoid them, saving them for last when possible, simply circle strafe and shotgun, melee, or gravity hammer them to death.

The DMR didn't actually get much use until I realized I had an overabundance of "hidden" ammo (in a knocked over munitions crate behind the sniper building.) I was playing very conservatively but I still had plenty of firepower early on with just with the magnum/shotgun alone. At medium range you can easily zoom in and headshot Grunts and Jackals to save ammo on the DMR (for use on far away brutes.) Also, the sniper didn't get any use intentionally. It's priceless in the following segment, makes an otherwise annoying segment a cakewalk.

Whatever weapon you decide to use first always have a close range backup in case of rushing units. The shotgun works great, but the gravity hammer is even better. When the gravity hammer brute spawned I just switched to my shotgun and circle strafed him like a champ; checkpoints are frequent enough and it's actually not nearly as risky as it sounds. The gravity hammer was later used to two-shot all "boss" units and some wandering brutes. Keep in mind, using the gravity hammer is only a viable strategy when they're either rushing you or they're the only enemies left. The hammer I picked up came with 57 ammo and at 5 energy per swing that should be more than enough to handle the bosses/occasional problem enemies.

In the end I had over 200 DMR bullets left, 5 shotguns, 12 sniper rounds, two full magnums. After I triggered the next segment I was able to simply snipe 3 of 4 elites who all rushed to the doorway/corpses of their comrades and after they're downed you can then clean up the grunts with the DMR. I didn't even have to knock out the engineer, although it's important that you don't forget about him; you don't want the boss elite to have an even larger shield. Speaking of which, if you're at this point do yourself a favor and grab Hologram. Get the boss elite's attention and then send your hologram all the way up the staircase and slowly follow behind it. If all goes well the boss with put away his fuel rod cannon and instead pull out his sword to try and assassinate your hologram. So, let him run way far away to try and hit it, when he turns back around you should have more than enough distance to DMR him before he even becomes a threat.

At this point you're up to the MAC cannon, arguably the easiest part of this level. The biggest pain is memorizing the pattern and making sure you don't miss any shots. I cleared it in a few tries, but it took until my last couple to realize that Banshees should take priority until the Phantoms are close enough to actually start shooting. Also, as soon as you see the big blue/red circle popping up on your screen take that shot, there's no use dawdling.

tl;dr: Save the sniper rifle for the elites in the actual final phase, use magnums and grenade launchers on everything but shielded units until they're depleted. Use the shotgun as a backup weapon at all times until you get the gravity hammer which then becomes your backup weapon at all times. Always go for headshots, take a look around for "hidden" munition crates if you start to run out. There's plenty of ammo scattered around, the assault rifle is still a piece of shit.

----

Beside all that garbage, I still want to try and get 1000/1000 in the first week but I don't think I'll realistically get up to Lt. Colonel by next Tuesday. Captain probably, but not Lt. Colonel. :(

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 05:06:51

At 9/17/10 04:17 AM, Sekhem wrote: anyone know if they're doing double credit weekends or something similar to the weekend playlists on halo 3?

I certainly hope so.

Actually, I'd like weekend challenges, like the daily and weekly challenges. They'd have to replace the daily challenges though.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 07:20:32

I wish there was an 'Purchase Everything from the Armoury' achievement. I only have offline at the moment so I have nothing to work for

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 07:39:44

I keep spending all my credits on stupid armor pieces that I don't even wear just to drive up my armory completion. I should really save up for one of the armor effects. I want birthday party so bad, but then again, I don't actually want to reward somebody for killing me with that effect.

All of the armor pieces I actually want are still a long ways off in terms of rank, I suppose by the time I accumulate enough to rank up that high I'll have plenty of money to blow. AFAIK the only purpose credits serve is to buy shit so I guess I'm at least doing something right.

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 07:54:55

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20 100905033705/halo/images/b/b0/All_Known_
Helmet_Variants.jpg

shit me gungnir looks so cool

though i really want pilot or possibly eva with final add-on thing

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 12:34:02

Bitches please.

EVA [C] IS THE GODDAMN FUCKING BEST HELMET THERE AND YOU FUCKING KNOW IT

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 12:35:29

At 9/17/10 12:34 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Bitches please.

What does it matter what your helmet looks like if its spraying out electricity?

Fuck spending any credits on anything but that.
(unless of course you already have that)

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 12:39:33

At 9/17/10 12:35 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote:

What does it matter what your helmet looks like if its spraying out electricity?

Fuck spending any credits on anything but that.
(unless of course you already have that)

I believe it costs 1 credit upon reaching the required rank.

Also, THERE IS A SKULL SCRATCHED INTO YOUR FACE
Emile helmet <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 12:42:11

Just soloed it on Legendary and no alternate ending? I couldn't help but feel cheated.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 14:41:14

Wow Kat has the worst AI ever. She is trapped outside a door and I am stuck at a checkpoint where I have to fight 2 hunters and 1 elite with 3 grenades, a DMR, and a shotgun. Needless to say, this is quite frustrating.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 16:42:48

At 9/16/10 03:49 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Got all of the firefight achievements in just 16 minutes.

Same here. I don't have online so I just fucked about for ages on Firefight, before I knew it, I was getting achievements and I couldn't make sense of it as I thought you could only get it with everything on default.

I regret nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 17:29:31

At 9/17/10 08:51 AM, Sekhem wrote: which is unlocked by
this

Actually its unlocked by buying every buyable (so no waypoint) helmet item. So not exactly everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 18:16:34

At 9/17/10 07:54 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20 100905033705/halo/images/b/b0/All_Known_
Helmet_Variants.jpg

shit me gungnir looks so cool

Here's the old chartI had saved from like a month ago, it's a bit more complete.

I already know what I'm planning on buying when I get to it, but like I said before, that's still going to take ages.

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 19:39:24

What rank do you get it at?

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 20:13:11

I love my Halo 2 insignia in the party and during games in all its visual splleennddooor.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 20:15:44

So is this halo worth getting, i really don't see anything special about it at all, it looks like just another halo game, like ODST.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 23:26:20

4 missions left for solo legendary.
So far I haven't hit any choke points aside from the same ones I had on Heroic.

I completed that last area on Tip of the Spear with practically no ammo. I'm a boss.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 23:27:50

Sounds like this game is:
A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.

So it's the same as all the other Halo games right?