00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Isaacattack34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

46,905 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 15:14:32

At 9/22/10 11:40 AM, akmeteor wrote: Has anyone also run into people who lag switch? Fucking annoying when the game goes "Looking for New Host" and the game starts up with you dead.

Because every case of black screen is solely the cause of a lag switch and not just your shitty connection where you are still in black screen when everyone else isn't?

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 15:44:49

At 9/21/10 08:23 PM, Shnam wrote: I love active camo now. It takes awhile to get used to by I have like 75 assassinations because of it and I have taken down quite a few tanks on Hemorrhage. It is also pretty effective with the sniper but it is really terrible in campaign. Honestly the best AA for campaign are sprint and dropshield.

Camo is pretty usefull but the jetpack and sprint AA's are my favorite

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 16:39:36

At 9/22/10 03:14 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Because every case of black screen is solely the cause of a lag switch and not just your shitty connection where you are still in black screen when everyone else isn't?

Most likely the case. My internet connection is balls too because my xbox is bridged through my computer. I only fuck myself unless they give me host, which, believe it or not, they sometimes do, lol.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 17:33:25

The banshee, the tank, and the Battle Rifle/Needle Rifle (Same damn gun anyway) are terribly over powered. If someone has the tank in blood gulch, you could say "good game" if you're playing slayer.

Also SWAT Mode is fucking retarded.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 17:46:14

At 9/22/10 05:33 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: The banshee, the tank, and the Battle Rifle/Needle Rifle (Same damn gun anyway) are terribly over powered. If someone has the tank in blood gulch, you could say "good game" if you're playing slayer.

Also SWAT Mode is fucking retarded.

Two guys burst firing their assault rifles can take a banshee down quick. But ya tank seriously needs a nerf though. It allows one guy to buttfuck the other team by himself. Any survivors are then quickly killed by his teammates with the DMR.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-22 21:47:05

Haven't touched multiplayer yet; currently playing campaign on Legendary and it's a b***h and a half! Just beat the sixth mission and going solo on this mode is a frustrating exercise in masochism. Hunters and vehicles are a pain but the Elites are the worst. Take the agony of these guys from the previous games but give them AI that makes them leap every which way from your fire and you're officially in Hell my friends.
But I made it this far, and I'm getting my money's worth dang it (though ironically I'm borrowing my copy from a friend :P)

There is no Mercy, only DoDonPachi

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-23 13:14:16

Finished Campaign on Solo legendary today. Also got that skunked achievement as well as a killtacular using a wraith. Only 4 achievements from this game to go.

Still haven't bought any armour yet, although that JFO helmet looks dam sexy.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-23 13:19:56

At 9/22/10 03:14 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At 9/22/10 11:40 AM, akmeteor wrote: Has anyone also run into people who lag switch? Fucking annoying when the game goes "Looking for New Host" and the game starts up with you dead.
Because every case of black screen is solely the cause of a lag switch and not just your shitty connection where you are still in black screen when everyone else isn't?

Or the fact that I have a nearly flawless connection because I'm the only one one using it? The only time I've lagged in a game that bad was with my friend using a lag switch. Based on past experiences, I'm going with Lag switch.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-23 18:13:03

This game frustrates the hell out of me. More so than any other Halo has and more so than MW2 (which frustrates me a lot.) I just feel like I am not able to get better. I haven't played a console FPS in so long though, I've gotten back into PC gaming, I'm having a tough time adapting back to a controller.

I have a 1.4 KD in Competitive and a 1.3 in Arena, I thought I've been doing OK, but I got put into the damn Bronze league for Arena >:( I'm sure I'd be able to work my way up to Silver, but how the hell do you get yourself into Gold if a 1.3 KD, and I think something like a 1.6 KD with assists, isn't enough to even get you Silver? I also have 29 games played, 20 of them wins.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-23 18:14:42

At 9/23/10 06:13 PM, DirtySyko wrote:

Sadly the trick is not to play with your team with this ranking system. Just farm kills.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-23 20:45:13

I'm trying to play through the game on Legendary alone for that achievement... So far I'm on the 4th mission, each one is taking me about an hour to do.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 04:49:43

I'm trying to beat the campaign solo on Legendary and man, is it hard. It's even harder then Halo 1 but the hologram AA is really helpful. You can use it even if they're looking right at you and they still fall for it.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 04:58:20

At 9/24/10 04:49 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: I'm trying to beat the campaign solo on Legendary and man, is it hard. It's even harder then Halo 1 but the hologram AA is really helpful. You can use it even if they're looking right at you and they still fall for it.

Yeah, it's really pissing me off.

The 3rd level, the huge things, which I've forgotten the name of, I couldn't figure out how too kill them... So I just decided I would take a break and turn off my console and try later.. Once I came back, I started from one of alpha points, and once I beat it it didn't count as me beating it on Legendary so I had to beat that mission again.

The 4th mission, so far, is only semi-frustrating.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 06:44:57

I got so pissed off on Legendary Solo I just decided to play it in normal my first time round. It so much more calming and I chuckle to myself when I hear my friends still screaming about hunters and elites.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 07:11:45

So close to 1,000/1,000.

I've milked Gruntpocalypse to it's logical limit, I've done the campaign target locator trick up to gold commendations and Sniper Attack (or rather, Fuel Rod Gun Attack when I'm playing it) is slow in comparison. :(

I need another quick 50,000 cR somehow. I really don't want to go another 40-50 rounds of Score Attack.

Also it looks like I need an arena partner(s.)

Official Halo: Reach Thread

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 08:55:01

At 9/24/10 07:11 AM, Matt wrote: So close to 1,000/1,000.

I've milked Gruntpocalypse to it's logical limit, I've done the campaign target locator trick up to gold commendations and Sniper Attack (or rather, Fuel Rod Gun Attack when I'm playing it) is slow in comparison. :(

I need another quick 50,000 cR somehow. I really don't want to go another 40-50 rounds of Score Attack.

I helped :3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 09:35:54

I just bought the birthday party armor effect. It works just like the grunt birthday party skull except I can die in ANY way (instead of specifically a headshot) and everybody hears the obnoxious noise. I can't wait for all the inevitable questions next time I go into a public game.

Glorious.

13,463 of 50,000 to Lt. Colonel; 36,537 credits away from a 1,000/1,000. I could realistically grind that out before going to sleep today but I might should really stop myself for the sake of my personal "academic endeavors."

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 10:22:55

I've milked Gruntpocalypse to it's logical limit, I've done the campaign target locator trick

Err what?

Once this weekly challenge is done, i'm going to go through campaign over and over to level up.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 17:03:58

How many missions are on reach??Im on the pillars of autumn level on normal.

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-24 17:08:05

At 9/24/10 05:03 PM, possum2 wrote: How many missions are on reach??Im on the pillars of autumn level on normal.

Lol, Normal.

There are 10 levels (11 if you count the beginning cinematic), so Pillar of Autumn is the second last level in the game. The last one comes after the credits.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 08:17:42

^ He finally hit Lt. Colonel BTW
That and the achievement

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 12:17:53

I can only play the game with friends, I just cant stand it without some real social aspect.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 12:52:39

At 9/25/10 12:17 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: I can only play the game with friends, I just cant stand it without some real social aspect.

This is literally the only game I can play without friends. Any other game bores me and I turn it off if I have nobody to talk to.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 14:45:29

Man, double melee is breaking my balls!
I hope Bungie patches the game so it takes longer to melee when you come out of sprint.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 21:36:31

It turns out there is some kind of "credit limit" when going from offline to xbox live. I went the first week playing the campaign offline with no internet, and earned about 60,000 cr, but when I went online it said I had more than the maximum number of offline credits and had to lose like 30,000 or something like that. I guess it's to prevent people abusing the game's credit system offline, but still, what the hell.

Roll Fizzlebeef

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-25 23:34:36

It's been a few pages, and nobody ever answered my question about whether Reach was a good game or not. I guess it isn't. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-26 01:23:13

At 9/25/10 11:34 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: It's been a few pages, and nobody ever answered my question about whether Reach was a good game or not.

Because you rejected any bit of info that people were giving you. In the mean time you could have easily just looked up the information from a huge amount of websites and media outlets instead of being lazy about it and expecting others to do the work for you. Oh well, you can't inform them all.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-26 03:49:12

At 9/25/10 11:34 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: It's been a few pages, and nobody ever answered my question about whether Reach was a good game or not. I guess it isn't. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Because you are annoying and think games suck unless they are super hardcore competitive skill-based reflex shooters.

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-26 11:43:19

At 9/26/10 01:23 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 9/25/10 11:34 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: It's been a few pages, and nobody ever answered my question about whether Reach was a good game or not.
Because you rejected any bit of info that people were giving you. In the mean time you could have easily just looked up the information from a huge amount of websites and media outlets instead of being lazy about it and expecting others to do the work for you. Oh well, you can't inform them all.

Nobody mentioned a single aspect about what the multiplayer was like. It was ridiculous. Here's an excerpt:

"OH, the game takes as much strategy as u want! Im srs! Like, you can run up to all the brutes or take em out like sniper pros from the distance, for real!"

What did that tell me? Nothing. I've done research, and everything points me towards Reach being a -horrible- game. I was giving you guys, as Halo fans (I'm assuming?), to give me your opinion. You guys had none, so I was forced to decide based on my previous knowledge of the game.

"Reach is horrible. Reach takes little strategy to play and is incredibly simple. Reach has horrible maps. Reach's weapons are bland and uninspired. Reach has little to no positive elements."

I have looked all over, and this is what I have found time and time again. If you don't want to refute these claims (and you clearly don't), then I'll agree, I guess. I might pick up the game from the bargain bin a few months down the road if I'm still remotely interested.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-26 12:17:19

At 9/26/10 11:43 AM, JingoJoe14 wrote:
At 9/26/10 01:23 AM, 36Holla wrote:
Nobody mentioned a single aspect about what the multiplayer was like. It was ridiculous.

Go back and look at your original questions. You never asked about multiplayer. Don't act surprised that you didn't get answers on that when you never specified that it was something you wanted to know about.

What did that tell me? Nothing. I've done research, and everything points me towards Reach being a -horrible- game. I was giving you guys, as Halo fans (I'm assuming?), to give me your opinion. You guys had none, so I was forced to decide based on my previous knowledge of the game.
I have looked all over, and this is what I have found time and time again. If you don't want to refute these claims (and you clearly don't), then I'll agree, I guess. I might pick up the game from the bargain bin a few months down the road if I'm still remotely interested.

If you're comfortable with only listening to other people's opinions than having your own then by all means skip it. You're not forced to believe anything. You're choosing to blindly lean on what other people say. And you're right in the fact that I, and I assume most other people here, don't feel like justifying Reach to you because you've shown that you don't want to listen to what people have already told you. Why even bother?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature