00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

18marx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

47,216 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 15:29:12

At 10/5/10 11:04 AM, warshark wrote: Not all. Theres a small group which are protecting Halsey that survive.

There was a small group that were protecting Halsey that survived.
That was bugging me.

Nearly at Grade 3. Although I havn't really played much of Reach today.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 16:22:53

I'm about 37k away from Lt. Colonel, and I have 250k+ cR at the moment. I'm making steady progression with minimal boosting. The only commendation that I've boosted so far is splash damage in campaign. I'm not boosting any more of anything because that's really lame and just ruins the game IMO.

Service Record

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 16:33:07

Reach Xbox LIVE playlists have been updated!

Our first Halo: Reach post-launch playlist update has been successfully deployed to Xbox LIVE. This update addresses a variety of issues in addition to tweaking some of the existing core gametypes and playlists.

Please note that this is just the first of many updates. Our team continues to work on improving the Reach online experience and we're always listening to your feedback and reviewing the voting and game data we get from our servers. Reach will just keep getting better! As always, we welcome your feedback in our Optimatch forum here on Bungie.net.

Also note that we have another small update happening later this month (either 10/12 or 10/19 pending final test pass) that will enable campaign matchmaking. And for everyone out there who doesn't love Infection as much as the rest of the players, don't fret, we have plans to move Infection into its own "Living Dead" playlist later this month.

Lastly, in addition to everything listed below, today's update also makes some tweaks to the betrayal system. Hopefully players will feel it's a bit more 'fair' now and it shoudl behave closer to what you're used to in Halo 3.

Here's the full changelist of everything included in today's update:

PLAYLISTS

Rumble Pit
* Added Crazy King
* Added Juggernaut
* Removed Oddball on Asylum

Team Slayer
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Classic
* Weights adjusted based on voting data

Team SWAT (New!)
* Based on existing Team Slayer SWAT offering
* Removed Hemorrhage
* Replaced Zealot with Arena Zealot map variant

Team Objective
* Added Crazy King
* Added several gametypes on Powerhouse (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Crazy King, 3 Plots)
* Removed heavy vehicles from all 4v4 Team Objective gametypes

Multi Team
* Added Rocket Race

Big Team Battle
* Added Crazy King
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Snipers from Boneyard
* Weights adjusted based on voting data

Doubles Arena
* Removed Slayer Pro for Season 2
* Removed Boardwalk

Team Arena
* Removed Slayer Pro for Season 2

MAPS

Arena Zealot (New!)
* Added a softkill zone to the space area
* Modified initial spawns so enemies cannot see each other

Zealot
* Objects can no longer be dropped into the boot_base

Asylum
* Removed multiple duplicate Headhunter score zones

Boneyard
* Changed the base object for territories from a hill marker to a flag stand
* Objects can no longer come to rest on the out of bounds cliff behind the scaffolding where the Invasion core is captured
* Players can no longer sit in the out of bounds area under the ship scaffolding

Pinnacle
* Health Packs should not respawn after 15 seconds

Hemorrhage
* Landmine removed from Red team's west cliff
* Respawn time for all Mongoose vehicles is now 45 seconds
* Scorpions replaced with Wraiths (4 minute respawn)

Paradiso
* Respawn timer for Concussion Rifle at Red base is now 30 seconds to match Concussion Rifle at Blue base

Reflection

Boardwalk

Powerhouse
* Respawn timer for all Needler weapons is now 45 seconds

GAMETYPES

Global Changes
* Slayer DMR now has motion tracker enabled
* Evade has replaced Hologram for all gametypes in which players can hold objects (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Oddball)
* Evade has replaced Dropshield for gametypes which create concentrated gameplay in specific areas (Crazy King, Territories, Oddball)
* All Classic gametypes should now include Sprint as default equipment

King of the Hill
* Teams are now always able to correctly score points
* Players standing in the hill no longer receive extra points upon returning from a host migration

Rocket Race
* Players now attached to vehicles after being on foot for 10 seconds
* Flipped vehicles will be detected to prevent players from attaching to a non-upright vehicle
* Added functionality for tracking and reporting rotations
* Fountain of Mongeese should no longer be possible (don't ask)
* Players are no longer able to jack another teams Mongoose
* Players are no longer forced into a specific role of driver or gunner
* All players start with a Rocket Launcher
* Players move at 50% speed, do significantly reduced damage and are marked with a nav icon
* Players on foot are now able to score points in Rocket Race

Juggernaut
* The Juggernaut no longer sees other players as allies upon returning from a host migration
* New clients after a host migration will no longer lose their Juggernaut status

Territories
* All teams now have separate capture timers for each territory
* Locked territories will no longer prevent players from using equipment
* The flag in the territory is now attached if the territory is a flag stand object
* Added a HUD_Widget to display contested status to players inside a territory
* The progress bar for a territory will now show as full when that territory is being contested (capture progress is saved and will appear again once the territory is no longer contested)
* Random flag clothes will no longer disappear after a round transition

Oddball
* Bombs in Hot Potato now properly report carry time
* Multiple hot potato bombs will no longer spawn in the same location
* The carry time reported stat will now always be correct after a host migration has occurred
* Players carrying the oddball during a host migration will no longer receive extra points

Stockpile
* All stockpile flags are now attached to their spawn location if it is a flag stand

Invasion
* The game score is now set per frame tick based off of the current phase
* A failsafe game end timer has been added to catch any possible bad cases of Invasion games not ending properly

Invasion: Boneyard
* The core will now reset whenever it is thrown through a shield door into a spawning location in Phase 3

Invasion (Assault) and Assault
* Added sudden death to Invasion (Assault) and Assault gametypes

Race
* Players who die before the first checkpoint will no longer spawn in a random location on the map

Fuck yeah.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 16:59:46

At 10/5/10 04:33 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Big Team Battle

Thank fuck for that. Always seemed to get spawn trapped when I was on one of the teams since the other team could get height advantage. Can't remember if it was red or blue who got the better spawning. I think it was Blue.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 17:36:02

At 10/5/10 04:59 PM, warshark wrote:

They need to remove snipers from Team slayer in the competitive playlist. Period. It fucking sucks, and it needs it's own playlist like Halo 3.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 17:52:50

At 10/5/10 05:36 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 10/5/10 04:59 PM, warshark wrote:
They need to remove snipers from Team slayer in the competitive playlist. Period. It fucking sucks, and it needs it's own playlist like Halo 3.

They's be working on it.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-05 17:58:57

Forgive me for sounding like an arrogant douchebag, but I'm now on the last mission on Legendary, and again, the last couple of missions I've done have been way too easy.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-06 11:28:05

At 10/5/10 07:27 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: If you know your Halo history, you know that all the spartans on Reach die.

Jun actually is still alive.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-06 17:47:58

Completed Legendary solo campaign. Only frustrating parts of the last mission where those overshielded Elites with the Concussion Rifles and the very last part of the mission with the MAC cannon, but other than that it was pretty simple.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-06 19:03:32

At 10/5/10 07:01 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/4/10 05:31 PM, Dromedary wrote: You die at the end of the campaign.
Did you just say that to be a douche and ruin the game for anybody that hasn't beat it yet? I mean, I'm sure most us have beat the game, but still.

Did you even watch the first cutscene? You know you're going to die from the beginning.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-07 17:27:00

20k till Major. Argh.

That is all.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-07 18:07:46

At 10/7/10 05:27 PM, warshark wrote: 20k till Major. Argh.

That is all.

I just hit Lt. Colonel.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-09 13:47:37

At 10/5/10 07:01 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/4/10 05:31 PM, Dromedary wrote: You die at the end of the campaign.
Did you just say that to be a douche and ruin the game for anybody that hasn't beat it yet? I mean, I'm sure most us have beat the game, but still.

I hoped to get some angrier responses. It's just my trolling nature. I guess I was just late to the party.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-09 14:22:45

At 10/7/10 06:07 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 10/7/10 05:27 PM, warshark wrote: 20k till Major. Argh.

That is all.
I just hit Lt. Colonel.

Fuck you. </3

Just got to Major Grade 1.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-09 15:15:40

They aren't raising the rank cap for another month or two. But your credits stack so once the cap is lifted you might level up several times. Honestly I don't mind that much because I am still working towards Major.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-09 15:24:27

Max rank lols.
Going to hopefully completely bypass Commander or more when they raise the cap.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 02:28:52

I finally got to Lt. Col. yesterday and my last 10 G in this game. Now to see if Bungie releases new content/achievements or if I should just move on.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 10:20:03

At 10/10/10 02:28 AM, Krbyfan1 wrote: I finally got to Lt. Col. yesterday and my last 10 G in this game. Now to see if Bungie releases new content/achievements or if I should just move on.

Based on Bungie's history with every Halo except for Halo 1 Xbox (before xbox live) they have released new maps and continued to support the game for at least a couple of years.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 10:32:25

Whats the best method for ranking up. I'm going through the Campaign on Legendary so no sword base farming for me?

(I'm sick of warrant officer grade 3).

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 11:06:54

At 10/10/10 10:32 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Whats the best method for ranking up. I'm going through the Campaign on Legendary so no sword base farming for me?

Get every daily challenge and play lots of gruntpocalypse.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 14:17:23

At 10/10/10 11:06 AM, zimzap wrote:
At 10/10/10 10:32 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Whats the best method for ranking up. I'm going through the Campaign on Legendary so no sword base farming for me?

Get every daily challenge and play lots of gruntpocalypse.

Time to rev up my traffic jam on wheels.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 16:30:16

At 10/10/10 10:20 AM, zimzap wrote:
At 10/10/10 02:28 AM, Krbyfan1 wrote: I finally got to Lt. Col. yesterday and my last 10 G in this game. Now to see if Bungie releases new content/achievements or if I should just move on.
Based on Bungie's history with every Halo except for Halo 1 Xbox (before xbox live) they have released new maps and continued to support the game for at least a couple of years.

And ODST. There's still online support, but I don't recall them being to big on DLC for that.

Reading through a recent update they're going to try and get community maps into the rotations which would be sweet to play on. It makes me wish I had the creativity to make these maps and the friends to play on them with.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 19:03:11

I'm getting my 360 back in 2-3 days (RRoD) but I brought Reach to my friend's house last night. We played one game of multiplayer, went to change our characters, and the game froze, and then HIS 360 got RRoD too. Reach didn't cause my 360 to freeze, I actually didn't have the game yet, but since Bungie said, and proved that they were pushing the limits of the 360, is there anything I should be careful of while playing Reach like overheating? My Xbox is in a good, non-cluttered area, but I just want to be sure. Should I lie my Xbox horizontally or stand it up vertically? I know there's a lot of questions, but I just want my Elite to last a long time before it blows out again, so thanks to any answers.

MURDOC - Thank you East525

Gamertag: PainAvalanche

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-10 21:43:58

At 10/10/10 07:03 PM, Demonator911 wrote: xbox advice for Halo Reach.

When you get your xbox back, put Reach in, but don't play it, instead (when it shows the option) press why and go to "Install Game" which will install it to your hard drive and make it load faster,run smoother and your xbox won't be as loud.

Anyways anyone have any advice on how to get a good amount of credits? cause i'm trying to get 50k creds so i can buy the blue visor, but i don't know how to really gain credits besides playing the campaign on legendary. Even then i only get anywhere from 1000-2000 CR. Also i DO NOT have XBL so don't tell me anything that has to do with online play.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 11:19:01

I've got a question; Is forge world the only map that you can play forge in or are there also other forgeable maps?

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 11:25:53

At 10/11/10 11:19 AM, thies wrote: I've got a question; Is forge world the only map that you can play forge in or are there also other forgeable maps?

You can forge in any multiplayer map. (No firefight)

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 16:34:25

At 10/11/10 11:25 AM, desert116 wrote:
At 10/11/10 11:19 AM, thies wrote: I've got a question; Is forge world the only map that you can play forge in or are there also other forgeable maps?
You can forge in any multiplayer map. (No firefight)

Yes, you can forge on any of the MP maps, but Forge World is the only one that has ALL of the forge objects. Forge World pretty much made every other map useless when it comes to forging.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 16:59:25

Forge world restricts everything you can have in the wall department to 50.

I am disappoint. Hugely.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 17:02:56

At 10/11/10 04:59 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Forge world restricts everything you can have in the wall department to 50.

I am disappoint. Hugely.

Stunt ramps under "inclines" and various objects under "decorative" make fine walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-10-11 23:43:35

At 10/10/10 04:30 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote:
At 10/10/10 10:20 AM, zimzap wrote:
And ODST. There's still online support, but I don't recall them being to big on DLC for that.

I forgot about ODST. All I did with it was play the campaign as I viewed it as a glorified DLC.

BBS Signature