00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reviloyuh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

46,903 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 17:03:20

Take Quake 3 or Unreal's multiplayer
slow all the action down to about quarter speed
set the gravity to 3%

and you've pretty much got yourself the halo multiplayer experience
I stopped playing halo after awhile because it was just to slow and easy
And reach looks just as slow

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 17:37:30

At 9/13/10 05:03 PM, naronic wrote: Take Quake 3 or Unreal's multiplayer
set the gravity to 3%

Sweet.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 17:40:27

As someone who can't stand online FPS games, and has only played the first Halo, is this work looking into?

I only ask since it's a direct prequel (I think), and I quite liked the setting of the first game, but didn't really like the look of 3.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 18:06:27

I'm such a sad twat im going to the midnight launch in just under an hour.. well fuck all else to do at near to midnight, lets play some reach!

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 18:14:02

At 9/13/10 02:54 PM, Shnam wrote: Are you retarded?

Yeah... I'm retarded.
You are a fucking tool.

This is a full new game not an overpriced expansion like ODST.

So you are admitting ODST was an overpriced expansion...
...But you don't think Bungie is doing it again? lol.

The gap from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach is much larger then L4D to L4D2.

The multiplayer is damn near identical.

Maybe read up on the game and all it has and then you won't look like a dumbass when you claim it is the same as Halo 3.

You are calling me a dumbass, when you are cumming in your pants over another overpriced expansion? lol okay.

If you weren't such a halo fanboy, you would actually comprehend what I'm saying, rather than immediately saying "NO IT ISN'T!"
Prove to me that it is not just an overpriced expansion, instead of resorting to insulting me... maybe that way someone can take you seriously.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 18:31:11

Silly Walmart! They sent me the game 1 day early :D

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 18:38:50

At 9/13/10 06:14 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: Prove to me that it is not just an overpriced expansion, instead of resorting to insulting me...

Loadouts
Armor Abilites
Firefight 2.0
Forge 2.0 (read under Halo: Reach Forge)
Forge World
Matchmaking has multiple new gamemodes: Invasion, Headhunter, Stockpile etc.
Custom Games
Armory
Campaign (Co-op)
Theater

If that's not enough content for a full game, I don't know what is.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 18:58:10

Mmm nothing like a troll for dinner.

It ain't great, but at least its edible.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 20:11:00

At 9/13/10 05:03 PM, naronic wrote: Take Quake 3 or Unreal's multiplayer
set the gravity to 3%

lol if you say so.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 20:44:33

For me I only have and hour and 10 minutes before I head to gamestop and wait around for another 2 hours to pick up my legendary edition. The wait is killing me. Passing the time playing tf2 only works for so long :P

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 21:21:54

At 9/13/10 09:31 AM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: with redone/newmaps, new weapons added, and new gametypes (different win/loss conditions).

New story, new characters, etc. That's an entirely new game, not an expansion, you dumb cunt.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 21:26:06

In all honesty without any bias, what would you rate Halo Reach on a scale from 1 to 10, and explain why you gave it that rating in detail. Is the storyline amazing, is the gameplay refined and a truley refreshing experience, is there valuable content and an endearing protagonist? Or did you just get off the multiplayer and reading this reminded you there was a Campaign, lol, no, but let's not count the multiplayer. I mean Reach as a game, not as a teabagging or CTF or Slayer experience, but in it's cinematic form? For what the game truly is, those who have procured it in your various ways, how was it?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 21:29:41

well i got the game today. soo i give it a 9.4/10 so far :D its damn addicting and fun

silly wal-mart :D

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 21:48:07

At 9/13/10 09:26 PM, Rague wrote:

You haven't played it, you don't even know what you saying, you don't even know why people want to play in the first place.

You mean people play games because they want to hear an "story with an endearing protagonist" or it aint worth it? Please. not only is shaping up to be more story heavy than the original Halos.

You sound like those pretentious little shits that gush over how games are-- no, NEED to be "endearing and artistic".

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 22:26:28

Getting it tomorrow. SO. FUCKING. EXCITED.

Anybody want to play it with me?

GT: Pie4me6

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-13 22:54:32

At 9/13/10 09:26 PM, Rague wrote: In all honesty without any bias, what would you rate Halo Reach on a scale from 1 to 10, and explain why you gave it that rating in detail. Is the storyline amazing, is the gameplay refined and a truley refreshing experience, is there valuable content and an endearing protagonist? Or did you just get off the multiplayer and reading this reminded you there was a Campaign, lol, no, but let's not count the multiplayer. I mean Reach as a game, not as a teabagging or CTF or Slayer experience, but in it's cinematic form? For what the game truly is, those who have procured it in your various ways, how was it?

I've decided I like you. I like you because you and I are almost nothing alike. In short, I've grown to value the multiplayer experience a game offers more than the singleplayer one, while you have grown to have an opposite view. It's nice to know there are different opinions out there.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 01:16:56

I won't be able to get the game until saturday.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 03:43:46

Fuck, I don't get my copy till tomorrow morning and by the time the mail arrives I'll likely have classes within an hour or two.

I hate everybody on my friends list right now.

Official Halo: Reach Thread

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 04:54:08

At 9/14/10 03:43 AM, Matt wrote: Fuck, I don't get my copy till tomorrow morning and by the time the mail arrives I'll likely have classes within an hour or two.

See me there playing Campaign on Heroic? cuz thats me.
btw, holy shit legendary edition comes with so much shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 05:18:24

At 9/13/10 09:21 PM, Punch wrote:
At 9/13/10 09:31 AM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: with redone/newmaps, new weapons added, and new gametypes (different win/loss conditions).
New story, new characters, etc. That's an entirely new game, not an expansion, you dumb cunt.

Really?
I asked how it was not considered an expansion...
Apparently you aren't familiar with DLC for any games (such as Borderlands, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect, etc.)

But whatever... I'm a dumb cunt.
That's pretty much what I get for trying to inquire about Halo in a den full of fanboys/children.

Anyway... the ONLY thing that would set Halo:Reach aside from just a DLC pack is the "new engine" which isn't even new.... if anything it should be called.... the "finally engine." They implemented it since Halo on the 360 looked the same as it did on regular xbox... and finally they realized.... oh... we programmed it like morons... lets redo it so it looks like a 360 game. Come on.... fucking textured polygons are N64 not 360.... its about time...
Graphics are all that was updated in the engine... physics remain the same, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 07:03:21

Yep you pretty much are a dumb cunt. Calling Reach anything other then a new game just makes you retarded.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 07:18:11

At 9/14/10 03:43 AM, Matt wrote:

hahaha win

You don't quit NEWGROUNDS, NEWGROUNDS quits YOU.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 07:35:35

finelly out in stores, its so awesome

Sometime, You wonder why cookies are not free from the stores but free when you got them.

*no sense i know i know*

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 08:12:09

Went to midnight launch and played with 2 other bros until 7 in the morning, in the same room on 3 xboxs

It was fuking ace

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 08:13:27

At 9/14/10 07:03 AM, Shnam wrote: Yep you pretty much are a dumb cunt. Calling Reach anything other then a new game just makes you retarded.

Did you even read this post:

At 9/13/10 06:14 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: Prove to me that it is not just an overpriced expansion, instead of resorting to insulting me... maybe that way someone can take you seriously.

...or do you just fail at reading comprehension?

Fuck you kid... all you want to do is sling around insults instead of proving me wrong.
Starting shit on the internet like a big guy, since IRL all you do is collect grease on your face to grow your pimple farm while your mommy and daddy wonder why you don't go outside more.

I have an opinion on the game, and I'm entitled to it. If you don't like it, convince me of otherwise, state why you disagree, or shut the fuck up. Acting like a 12-year old about it gets you nowhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 11:23:00

At 9/14/10 08:13 AM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: all you want to do is sling around insults instead of proving me wrong.

And all you want is for kids to get pissed off at you for not being hyped about Reach so you can look like a bad-ass when you tell them off. It's a video game sequel and if you were expecting it to revolutionize gaming then you're obviously not familiar with the medium. Developers don't break new ground with official sequels because there's too much risk. They don't want to scare off the pre-existing fan base that were already going to buy the game just to prove a point to the people who didn't give a shit in the first place.

Is that kind of shitty? Yeah, but it's a business and pretty much every company has done it since the earliest days of gaming. Besides, as much as assholes like who'll actually waste time complaining about a game on an internet forum might harp on the idea of innovation that's not what people want. That's why similar sequels that offer the same gameplay sell well, people want to relive experiences they enjoyed, not throw away 60 bucks on something completely new that they might hate. The only time that a publisher is going to put out a sequel that is radically altered from the previous games is when it stops selling, but there's still some value in the name recognition.

Besides, as far a samey games go the Halo series has probably done the most to offer players more things to do with the same tried-and-true gameplay than most others.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 11:37:28

This game makes me realise how much I suck at halo :(

May have to put off the single player-only legendary achievement until I remember how to play this damned thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 12:16:43

At 9/14/10 11:23 AM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 9/14/10 08:13 AM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: all you want to do is sling around insults instead of proving me wrong.
And all you want is for kids to get pissed off at you for not being hyped about Reach so you can look like a bad-ass when you tell them off.

riiiight.... because my original post in this thread was an inquiry... nothing more.

It's a video game sequel and if you were expecting it to revolutionize gaming then you're obviously not familiar with the medium. Developers don't break new ground with official sequels because there's too much risk. They don't want to scare off the pre-existing fan base that were already going to buy the game just to prove a point to the people who didn't give a shit in the first place.

I suppose you are right... but at the same time not completely... You see a lot of game makers, nintendo especially, who are always throwing wrenches into the gears (maybe thats why the wii sucks so much, lol) but I see your point.

Is that kind of shitty? Yeah, but it's a business and pretty much every company has done it since the earliest days of gaming. Besides, as much as assholes like who'll actually waste time complaining about a game on an internet forum might harp on the idea of innovation that's not what people want.

Now hold on just a second... wait for it...

That's why similar sequels that offer the same gameplay sell well, people want to relive experiences they enjoyed, not throw away 60 bucks on something completely new that they might hate.

There! That's exactly why I'm asking about it in this thread... and I figured I'd ask about it...
When I start getting flamed... I defend myself... that's just how I am... this was never meant to be anything more than an inquiry as to how people viewed the game in opposition to the way I view it.
When people start calling me retard, etc. its pretty dumb... But then again this is NG... and I did kind of walk into a bear den with a raw steak in my hands... but whatev.
The only time that a publisher is going to put out a sequel that is radically altered from the previous games is when it stops selling, but there's still some value in the name recognition.

Besides, as far a samey games go the Halo series has probably done the most to offer players more things to do with the same tried-and-true gameplay than most others.

Hmm... as far as FPS goes... Call of Duty failed pretty hard with their World at War, with most players returning to MW until MW:2... I used to be big into Halo.... then Modern Warfare... (Playing both at the same time kinda fucks you up) then I stopped playing XBL completely... I was looking to get into a FPS again... saw a buddy playing the beta or trial of the game or whatever... and was wondering if the opinions I had reflected actuality. Thanks for being one of the only people to respond logically without flaming like an ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 13:17:05

At 9/14/10 12:16 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote:
Smart trolling.

Seriously, you are amazing at wasting your life trolling. If you aren't, I feel bad for you,

The game itself is definitely a sequel. Everything that was broken in 3 was fixed, there's a new engine, and more than enough gametypes to have fun with. My only complaint is there's not enough maps. I went from having a shitload of maps to play on, to maybe 12. I don't even know how many were on the ODST disc....

Armor abilities add variety, inter-racial wars online are fun, and the vast improvement of the pace of the game. 1 on 1 firefights last so long, but it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to win by yourself. Those who go alone, die alone.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-14 13:27:54

At 9/14/10 01:17 PM, akmeteor wrote:
At 9/14/10 12:16 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote:
Smart trolling.
Seriously, you are amazing at wasting your life trolling. If you aren't, I feel bad for you,

Of course I'm trolling.... all day every day... that's just how I am... But I do want to know about the new halo game.

The game itself is definitely a sequel. Everything that was broken in 3 was fixed, there's a new engine, and more than enough gametypes to have fun with. My only complaint is there's not enough maps. I went from having a shitload of maps to play on, to maybe 12. I don't even know how many were on the ODST disc....

12 wouldn't be so bad if they were all new maps with maybe like 2-3 repeats battle creek -> beaver creek, blood gulch -> coagulation, etc.

Armor abilities add variety, inter-racial wars online are fun, and the vast improvement of the pace of the game. 1 on 1 firefights last so long, but it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to win by yourself. Those who go alone, die alone.

What do you mean nearly impossible... is it because of that silly invincibility ability thingy??

BBS Signature