00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mihun just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

47,074 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-17 23:50:09

You are such a kidder.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 00:05:59

At 9/17/10 11:50 PM, Shnam wrote: You are such a kidder.

Who's kidding?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 00:40:27

At 9/17/10 11:27 PM, Oliver wrote: Sounds like this game is:
A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.

From what I hear it's the opposite of what you heard.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 00:46:13

At 9/18/10 12:40 AM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.

Doesn't seem to be if most people I've talked to have Solo'd legendary in less than a day. That seems pretty easy, short and disappointing to me.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 00:48:51

At 9/18/10 12:46 AM, Oliver wrote:
A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.
Doesn't seem to be if most people I've talked to have Solo'd legendary in less than a day. That seems pretty easy, short and disappointing to me.

Sounds like they are trying a little too hard, I hear the campaign is as hard as CE was.

And I heard it's pretty good storywise.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 00:50:35

At 9/18/10 12:48 AM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
And I heard it's pretty good storywise.

From what I've heard, Noble team dies. Not that good of a story if you ask me.
And if anyone thinks CE was honestly that hard, they're such a casual.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 02:37:49

At 9/18/10 12:46 AM, Oliver wrote:
A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.

As far as I've seen, only one person here has supposedly done it in less than a day and I'd like to see you try and do it in that time period. I doubt you'd be able to do it because some points of missions can take at least an hour to get past. No matter how good you are, there's no question that Solo Legendary is a challenge to complete.

Also short? Multiplayer makes up for that.

No I'd say this game is very solid overall.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 04:32:50

At 9/18/10 02:37 AM, 36Holla wrote: Also short? Multiplayer makes up for that.

No I'd say this game is very solid overall.

Agreed. Although the Multiplayer could use more maps, but I'm sure Forge World will allow for that. I've already made 2 maps, though I need to set my second one up for objective gametypes.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 04:45:08

forge is a one hard cookie to understand. if anyone can or wants to help me make a map contact. lilhanna and btw happy hunting.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 05:56:44

At 9/18/10 12:50 AM, Oliver wrote: From what I've heard, Noble team dies. Not that good of a story if you ask me.

What else did you expect?

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 06:17:48

A disappointment,
Too easy and
Too short.

So it's the same as all the other Halo games right?

Too easy? Yeah. Too short? Yeah. A disappointment? Fuck no

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 06:53:01

At 9/18/10 04:45 AM, kidd25 wrote: forge is a one hard cookie to understand. if anyone can or wants to help me make a map contact. lilhanna and btw happy hunting.

Forge isn't that difficult. Generally, you need to just use the coordinates as much as possible and keep to phased physics most of the time.

To set up a map for different gametypes, you need to open the map in forge under that gametypes name, and then you can set objects for the gametype to use them under advanced settings.

Really, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 07:33:06

I'm playing through the Campaign with my friends.
I'd probably play the multiplayer more if I knew where the weapons spawned. Does anyone know any map guides?

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 07:41:16

At 9/18/10 12:50 AM, Oliver wrote: From what I've heard, Noble team dies. Not that good of a story if you ask me.

You know they all die before the game starts, everyone knew that. It's the Fall Of Reach.

And if anyone thinks CE was honestly that hard, they're such a casual.

Try telling me that when I was 12.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 11:35:14

I really want this game. Badly. I really like Halo games, and i was going to get it first day, but oh surprise, this isn't the US or the UK, and here it's priced for about $80 USD (maybe a little less, but you get the point).
I have the money available, but I could get it later since i have to pay other things.
I dont want to miss all the fun, so, is it worth to spend this much right now or should I wait? Just looking for an advice, I knw i will enjoy it anyways.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 11:46:44

At 9/18/10 11:35 AM, enquencle wrote: I dont want to miss all the fun, so, is it worth to spend this much right now or should I wait? Just looking for an advice, I knw i will enjoy it anyways.

Buy it when it's best for you, there will be plenty of people playing it whenever you get the chance to purchase this pretty brilliant game. I haven't even played the multiplayer yet, can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 12:34:30

Just started my Legendary run, on the 3rd mission now. I forgot how annoying the enemy vehicles are, and I thought the Elites with the grenade launcher things couldn't be any more cheap :(

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 12:50:04

At 9/18/10 11:46 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Buy it when it's best for you, there will be plenty of people playing it whenever you get the chance to purchase this pretty brilliant game. I haven't even played the multiplayer yet, can't wait!

Yeah,l I know, but when I bought Halo 3 after christmas, it wasnt very pretty to see everyone with high ranks and complete campaigns..

I guess I'll buy it today, looking forward for some multiplayer with friends, maybe some matches against someone from here.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 13:02:19

At 9/18/10 12:34 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Just started my Legendary run, on the 3rd mission now. I forgot how annoying the enemy vehicles are, and I thought the Elites with the grenade launcher things couldn't be any more cheap :(

Ghosts and Revenants are the worst. The white elites are also incredibly annoying, you never come across Zealots enough to get annoyed by them. But as I've said before, it's totally worth it when you complete it. No legendary ending though, don't know why that is :(

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 13:42:10

Incase anyone was curious, here's the place you can activate the little icons that accompany your name online. Of course, most of them require that you have done something to earn it.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 14:45:10

At 9/17/10 08:15 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: So is this halo worth getting, i really don't see anything special about it at all, it looks like just another halo game, like ODST.

ODST was a heap of shit. If thats your only experience of Halo, go pick up Halo 2 (campaign), Halo 3 (for the multiplayer), and Halo Reach.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 15:00:07

Doing that space battle mission on Legendary, any tips.

I'm actually really enjoying my solo legendary run on Reach, a hell of a lot more than my normal playthrough.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 15:02:34

At 9/18/10 03:00 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Doing that space battle mission on Legendary, any tips.

Destroy as many Banshee's as fast as you can, they are the real annoyance, that and Phantoms, it's best to get rid of them straight away because 3 or 4 hits and you're knackered.

I'm actually really enjoying my solo legendary run on Reach, a hell of a lot more than my normal playthrough.

That's how I felt, it's far more engrossing when it's challenging, but I played through on normal first so I could experience the story more and focus on the storyline.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 15:13:31

At 9/18/10 03:00 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Doing that space battle mission on Legendary, any tips.

Do a barrel roll.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 15:38:27

I would play reach but my xbox decided to die on me the same day i got reach. well the morning after i got it. THing is, i got it back from repair 2 weeks ago, so i'm pissed. also i'm too angry to spell check. And i'm thinking about selling all of my xbox shit and getting a ps3. At least those are fucking reliable. THink not, i still have a ps1 that works fine. Mircrosoft obviously makes shit hardware. ( I haven't even had the xbox for over a year, try like 8 months)

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 16:59:51

I feel special with my Cortana firefight voice, when everyone else is using the default Noble 6's voice.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 17:30:03

I have barely spent any of my credits, I may buy the EVA helmet, but how am I expected to get enough credits to buy stuff like the amour effects?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 17:53:53

how do i get the flaming helmet?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 18:23:39

At 9/18/10 05:53 PM, kittehg0d wrote: how do i get the flaming helmet?

Be a pro and buy Legendary Edition.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-09-18 18:47:15

At 9/18/10 05:30 PM, JaY11 wrote: I have barely spent any of my credits, I may buy the EVA helmet, but how am I expected to get enough credits to buy stuff like the amour effects?

I havn't bought anything yet. I've yet to see anything worth buying. I think i'm the only person on my friends list that has done so. Everyone else seems to spend their credits as soon as they earn any.

Currently done 5 out of 10 missions on Solo Legendary. Although I guess it's more like 4 out of 9 since the first mission is just a cut scene.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature