00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Cod Modern Warfare Clan

146,337 Views | 2,376 Replies

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 08:26:24

At 11/8/09 07:50 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Just a question, do you have surround sound? Because that would be another thing to make your set-up complete!

I do indeed! Can't have the awesome set up without the surround sound ;)

At 11/8/09 08:05 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: When the leaderboards reset, how long do think it will take for someone to get to Lv 70 + Prestige 10?
My bet is 2 weeks.

I dunno. There are some people that obey CoD like it was their religion, so i'll say pretty fast. I on the other hand, work 10 hours a day, so I won't get to play as much as you kids. I'll probably be left behind pretty quick :(

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 10:06:30

I hate everyone that has it right now

I'm about to go to the closest game store to me and pre order it. If I see it in the back or something I'll just ask if I can have it.

Wish me luck!

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 10:14:43

Well.. the game does OFFICIALLY come out November 10th. But a lot of stores have already received the game and have began selling it. I was playing Xbox yesterday and about 5 people that were in my XBL Party were playing MW2 (their status said that). It's usually stores such as GameStop who release the game earlier then it's official release. Anyhow, I was reading a post of one of the IW Developers on Infinity Ward's forum, and he said that if you do get a LEGIT COPY of the game early, you're allowed to play it as much as you like, though IW asks that you don't spoil it for others. Anyways that's what he said. But we know everyone is spoiling the game for everyone anyways.

1 day and 16 hours left before MW2's Official Release! :D

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 10:59:45

At 11/8/09 10:14 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: Anyhow, I was reading a post of one of the IW Developers on Infinity Ward's forum, and he said that if you do get a LEGIT COPY of the game early, you're allowed to play it as much as you like, though IW asks that you don't spoil it for others.

Then i see no reason why they would reset the stats :/

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 13:10:03

At 11/8/09 10:59 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Then i see no reason why they would reset the stats :/

Cause its only fair for the people who's local stores aren't giving it away before they're meant to.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 15:34:01

At 11/8/09 02:02 PM, Lizzardis wrote: And don't forget, it wouldn't be fair on those who play on-line. They will get ripped to shreds by those who are already level 40 and won't be able to level up quickly. A stat reset will at least make things fair.

Even if they do do that, in another day or two, they'll be right back in the same situation, cos people are gonna level up fast again, so it'll be the same for people that get it 2 or 3 days after it comes out :/

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 15:37:44

At 11/7/09 11:08 AM, Life-Stream wrote: hmm, whats this on my desk?

Oh snap, son.

I'm totally late with this post, I know. I did indeed receive my copy of Modern Warfare 2 yesterday.
It is awesome.
Playing the Campaign on Veteran mode because I'm fucking hardcore. I set myself the challenge of trying to score 100% accuracy in The Pit (training course at the beginning of the game) and scored 114% using the M9 pistol.

I've got 17% of the trophies so far. Playing campaign missions in Veteran mode awards extra trophies. I've also unlocked trophies for doing things like killing two enemies with one bullet, killing a man with a riot shield, getting through a particular arena without alerting anyone or killing anyone, and knifing a man who has no idea you're there with ninja skills.

They've already released an update in response to some of the missions that people would find offensive. When you play the game for the first time you'll receive a warning regarding some of the content. You'll then be given the option to skip these sections of the game. You won't be penalised for doing so. If you don't want to know what the mission involves, scroll beyond the section in stars.

You are a CIA double agent who has been put into Makarov's terrorist group to monitor their activities. The armed group mercilessly kill every civilian in sight in the airport lobby (you aren't required to join in). Later on, the airport's security forces and armed police turn up. I played Veteran and the only way I was able to progress was to kill them however, so you'll be expected to do the same. If you would be upset by this, then I advise you not to play. You can also skip this mission in the Pause menu.

I've given the multiplayer a go, and it's very intense. There's a wide variety of maps available from the beginning, and you unlock game modes as you go through the ranks. I'm not playing it too much though as they intend to reset all multiplayer statistics once the game is officially out to stop people from getting a headstart. I'm dismayed, I'm mostly getting negative scores sadly. I must be playing with CoD 4 veterans or something. :(

Regarding Clans, my prediction of being able to choose a clan name and emblem was incorrect. You still go to the Barracks to choose your clan tag. What pops up when you kill someone is like a calling card. It has your name and clan tag, and you get to choose your own 'title' and emblem from a list. You can unlock titles and emblems as you advance in rank and complete challenges and gain accolades.

A lot of people have already got their hands on a copy, I'm currently ranked in the top 30,000. This is a nice warm up for me though for someone who has never played much of CoD4, and I'm looking forward to the 10th of November and all the new players it brings, which might give me a better idea of where I place.

Hold tight ladies and gentlemen, just a couple more days to go!

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 15:59:38

Yeah, it's 2 more days. I can't wait :)
I'm really happy to see this game coming out. It reminds me all the good time I've had playing with Oxymaniac and TheUnknownVoice when the game first came out. Then I got to meet guys like Ripper and KillswitchBob.

Great memories! I hope we get all this fun again.

At 11/8/09 01:10 PM, Nev wrote:
At 11/8/09 10:59 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Then i see no reason why they would reset the stats :/
Cause its only fair for the people who's local stores aren't giving it away before they're meant to.

I really thought it was quite obvious... Why are you even asking Life-Stream...?

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:05:55

Mission: Pre Order. SUCCESS!

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:07:13

At 11/8/09 03:59 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I really thought it was quite obvious... Why are you even asking Life-Stream...?

Then what's the point of the shops even selling it before hand then? That's like saying 'I'll give you $100, and you can spend it, but in 2 days you have to give me it back'.

And like i said, in a day or two after it comes out, it'll be the exact same situation.

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:09:04

At 11/8/09 03:34 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Even if they do do that, in another day or two, they'll be right back in the same situation, cos people are gonna level up fast again, so it'll be the same for people that get it 2 or 3 days after it comes out :/

Thats irrelevant.
It'll be annoying for the people that have already put the effort in, but they shouldn't have the game yet. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed a headstart in terms of perks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:16:39

At 11/8/09 04:09 PM, Nev wrote: Thats irrelevant.
It'll be annoying for the people that have already put the effort in, but they shouldn't have the game yet. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed a headstart in terms of perks.

It's not that we shouldn't have the game yet, it's the shops that shouldn't be selling it yet. If the official date was the 10th of Nov, then the shops shouldn't be ALLOWED to sell it before. If they are selling it to people that have pre-ordered it, it's the shops fault. We haven't done anything wrong in buying it.

Cos if someone said to you that you could have it a few days early, what would you say? 'No thanks, i think i'll wait untill the 10th so i don't have an advantage over other people'. ????

PLUS you can't really call it a head start. For somone that buys the game on the 15th, the people that have had it since the official date (10th) will have a head start. It's a never ending cycle......

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:26:25

At 11/8/09 04:07 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/8/09 03:59 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I really thought it was quite obvious... Why are you even asking Life-Stream...?
Then what's the point of the shops even selling it before hand then? That's like saying 'I'll give you $100, and you can spend it, but in 2 days you have to give me it back'.

And like i said, in a day or two after it comes out, it'll be the exact same situation.

What are you talking about?
The game's making was probably over a month or two ago. They were making the games and starting to distribute the product to sellers. And sellers probably had the obligation to wait until November 10th to start selling it. It's not InfinityWard's fault if sellers did not respect the rules. And you are not giving back the product in two days...

You example would be more relevant if you would have said... I give you $100, you buy what you want but in two days you will loose all you bought and get the $100 back.

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:29:28

At 11/8/09 04:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: Mission: Pre Order. SUCCESS!

Do you collect it instore? Seems a little late to have it delivered to your door in time.

btw around 26 hours until release, bitches!

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:32:49

At 11/8/09 04:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: It's not that we shouldn't have the game yet, it's the shops that shouldn't be selling it yet. If the official date was the 10th of Nov, then the shops shouldn't be ALLOWED to sell it before.

Indeed they shouldn't.
But they have. And because of that people are getting advantages that people whos local stores are obeying the set release date aren't.

Cos if someone said to you that you could have it a few days early, what would you say? 'No thanks, i think i'll wait untill the 10th so i don't have an advantage over other people'. ????

I would happily take the game, but I wouldn't bitch if I got my stats reset because I'd jumped the gun, because the issue of fairness is so blatantly obvious in this situation.

PLUS you can't really call it a head start. For somone that buys the game on the 15th, the people that have had it since the official date (10th) will have a head start. It's a never ending cycle......

That's different though. Those people were either too slow to get the game before it sold out, or they didn't pre-order it, or they weren't bothered, etc. It's not the same as not being able to get it because its not been released yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:35:15

Independent stores had MW2 in stock, they sold it early, since November 4.
GameStop responded to this by telling Activision, which let them sell it since Friday.

Now, pre-orderers since before Today can pick up a copy at GameStop. Im getting mine tomorrow.
I don't feel as bad, since I'll be doing the campaign, then hop online for a bit, then do some more campaign.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:35:15

At 11/8/09 04:26 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: The game's making was probably over a month or two ago. They were making the games and starting to distribute the product to sellers. And sellers probably had the obligation to wait until November 10th to start selling it. It's not InfinityWard's fault if sellers did not respect the rules.

Listen, i don't want to argue with anyone. All i'm saying is it's not our fault that the shops are selling it before it's official date.

If they're gonna reset the data, then that's that. All those that have leveled up alot will have to do it again. Personally I'm not too bothered as i've only played the online mode a few hours.

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:37:17

At 11/8/09 04:35 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Listen, i don't want to argue with anyone. All i'm saying is it's not our fault that the shops are selling it before it's official date.

No one is claiming its your fault. We're all acknowledging that its the shops fault. We're arguing the issue of fairness. Surely you can understand the argument?

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:39:33

Shops sold early. You buy. Play online is no problem. But stats are being reset for official launch.

Is that hard to understand?

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:41:23

At 11/8/09 04:39 PM, scetch00 wrote: .........
Shops sold early. You buy. Play online is no problem. But stats are being reset for official launch.

Its not a question of understanding whats happening. Its a case of agreeing with the decision.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:43:11

At 11/8/09 04:41 PM, Nev wrote:
At 11/8/09 04:39 PM, scetch00 wrote: .........

Its not a question of understanding whats happening. Its a case of agreeing with the decision.

Well if you understand it, what's to disagree about? It's nobodies fault that we wanted the game. They sold it to us.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:48:57

Apparently Sainsbury's sold it early, well, a couple of stores did. Also, word is that Supermarkets are going to sell it for £26 - see picture below, taken by an employee at a Supermarket.

Personally I'm not annoyed that a few people are getting it early, I look forward to getting it on release so that we can ALL play it together online.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:49:14

At 11/8/09 04:37 PM, Nev wrote: No one is claiming its your fault. We're all acknowledging that its the shops fault. We're arguing the issue of fairness. Surely you can understand the argument?

Ofcourse i understand. But i was just saying it's going to be the same situation after it comes out, whether i be because people couldn't buy it or didn't want to buy it the first day.

Anyway, lets just forget that and move on?

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:49:22

At 11/8/09 04:29 PM, Jack wrote:
At 11/8/09 04:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: Mission: Pre Order. SUCCESS!
Do you collect it instore? Seems a little late to have it delivered to your door in time.

Yeah, I went to FutureShop to preorder and I'll be getting it Tuesday ... possibly Wednesday :(

Also,
It's not like they're resetting achievements/trophies or game saves for campaign.
At least you actually get to play the game.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 16:52:47

At 11/8/09 04:48 PM, Jack wrote: Apparently Sainsbury's sold it early, well, a couple of stores did. Also, word is that Supermarkets are going to sell it for £26 - see picture below, taken by an employee at a Supermarket.

Guess I'll stop in at a few supermarkets before heading to GAME then. Might be able to keep hold of CoD4 that way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 19:16:18

FourZeroTwo:

ANY store selling #MW2 early is in violation of street date. There are no "special permissions". That said, we won't punish players for it.

Source: http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/55 38718391

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 19:53:24

Guys, this may be a noobish question but anyhow..

I was looking around today for an HDTV and saw a few 720p and 1080p tv's. Now what came to my shock was that I saw a 720p Samsung Tv at $500 and it looked beautiful. The picture was amazing, high quality compared to the 1080p tv's. Aren't 1080p tv's suppose to be better than 720p? Well I did some research on the internet and I couldn't find any video or site that compared 720p and 1080p and made me think that I should get a more expensive tv that would be 1080p compared to that Samsung.

I never had an HDTV before. I have like 3 of those big cube televisions which are huge and weigh a ton. But anyhow, enough about that. I'm hoping I can get an HDTV before MW2 is officially out. So that when I pickup my pre-ordered copy of the game, the quality of MW2 will amaze me.

So if someone could answer me on whether 720p is worse/better than 1080p. That would be much appreciated.

I did some shopping at Futureshop, Dumoulin, Lasource, etc. (Canadian Stores)

I do believe this is the Samsung T.V: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.a spx?language=en-CA&product=1610262&categ ory=LCDTelevisions&catalog=Online&tab=1#
more

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 20:00:01

1080p is a higher quality resolution than 720p.

MW2 is standard 720p and can be upscaled to 1080.

That T-V is great. Most games aren't in 1080p so you aren't missing much.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-08 20:30:21

Also, unless you go 42+ inches on a T-V, you won't notice a difference between 720p and 1080p.

BBS Signature

Response to The Cod Modern Warfare Clan 2009-11-09 11:06:27

Alright I am on the Borderline of being really pissed off.

About a Month ago... Gamestop was sold out of Presales, and was every other Gameing store I checked. So I was renting a Blu-ray at Block Buster and I asked them is they could Pre-Order the Prestige Edition or just the Standard. The Manager told me they could do Prestige and it was in there system. So I did a Happy dance and proceeded to Preorder.

Yesterday, Went in to drop a movie off and asked them if they would be doing a Midnight Release. They said yes and recognized me because I was only one of two people to Order the Prestige Edition. They said ya the are doing a Midnight release. Then the Manager looks at me and says "I don't think we are getting the Prestige Editions though."

I then calmly asked him " What the fuck did you say good sir."

He says that the Head office or some shit wont let them have them and he is not sure if they will be getting them or not. So i told him since I was giving them my Business and have had this ordered for over a Month and a half that I expect a Phone call as soon as the Shipment arrives. So that I can know if I need to get a Refund and Take my business elsewhere.

Needless to say this is going to suck monkey balls. If I dont get the Prestaige Edition today I might not get the Game until I CAN get it.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature