00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

187,148 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-03 08:10:22

At 11/3/13 05:24 AM, Makeshift wrote:
I like console gaming over PC gaming, fuck you

I've had the same thing. I used to do PC gaming religiously, but then there was just a very very long stretch of time that I didn't have a PC good enough to play anything on, and still don't' really, and I just lost all interest. I feel like I shouldn't have bought this new PC either.

I am really excited for the new consoles, and I imagine I'll get a PS4 some time around christmas. I'm just kind of fed up with my Xbox. It has countless issues and now I can't even access LIVE anymore because they changed the terms of use and that means I need to give them my dad's like 5 year old password that he set it up with when I first got it and I wouldn't be surprised if even he couldn't remember it.

I guess it's just starting to really seem as old as it is.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-03 08:13:25

At 11/3/13 05:24 AM, Makeshift wrote: I like console gaming over PC gaming, fuck you

I feel the same way but I still struggle to get excited about any aspect of next gen consoles. Pretty much every series I like went to shit this gen and it's only going to get worse. Every new game I buy is a disappointment. Gaming in general is a disappointment.

I feel like the games industry has nothing more to offer me, but then I'm like what the fuck else am I supposed to do with my life. Gaming used to be a sort of constant influence, something to look forward to and save up for throughout the year, but I doubt that enthusiasm will ever come back. It's like an industry of pure greed and empty hype. I dunno man, shit just sucks.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-05 19:39:38

I'm dropping in to ask the regulars here a question. What do you guys think of Rev3Games? Personally I like them I just wish they had Anthony show up more often.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-05 23:29:34

Just downloaded Dark Arisen. I figure it's worth another run to see how it's expanded on vanilla.

they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong!

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-05 23:44:45

At 11/5/13 07:39 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'm dropping in to ask the regulars here a question. What do you guys think of Rev3Games? Personally I like them I just wish they had Anthony show up more often.

I've watched them for quite a while, like since way before Adam Sessler (cause I'm super cool). Max leaving was terrible, and uh, yeah. One of my favourite YouTube channels and I'm not even sure how I found them. I think it was through the DTOID Show, which is now also unfortunately gone along with Max.

Went back and looked at what their first video was... yeah now that I think about it I definitely think I started watching them when they announced the channel. This makes me better than everyone, by the way.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-06 02:41:20

At 11/5/13 11:29 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Just downloaded Dark Arisen. I figure it's worth another run to see how it's expanded on vanilla.

Dragon's Dogma is one of the best games ever.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-06 06:49:11

At 11/6/13 02:41 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/5/13 11:29 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Just downloaded Dark Arisen. I figure it's worth another run to see how it's expanded on vanilla.

Should I make space and get Dark Arisen? I've never played the regular Dragon's Dogma but heard story wise it doesn't matter.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-06 09:27:04

At 11/6/13 06:49 AM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/6/13 02:41 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Should I make space and get Dark Arisen? I've never played the regular Dragon's Dogma but heard story wise it doesn't matter.

I haven't played it. Just the regular game. It sounds like it's worth it, though. Dragon's Dogma is one of the best games I've ever played. I love it to death. I have yet to kill the dragon or progress through the Everfall, though, and both of those things seem like they're gonna be ridiculously difficult. When I was playing it last, I was just spending hours and hours grinding to level up in preparation cuz I'm right up to the part where you fight the dragon. I watched a video of it on YouTube and...Jesus...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-06 16:56:24

At 11/6/13 09:27 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I have yet to kill the dragon or progress through the Everfall

What!? Daaaym, you're in for a treat.

the part where you fight the dragon. I watched a video of it on YouTube and...Jesus...

It was very anticlimactic for me. I joined just as it was about to be destroyed (everyone online at the time contributes to its death) and didn't get more than one hit on it. Got a lot of great loot though.

Man, it has been so long since I played... wish I had a PS3 and PS+ so I could be playing Dark Arisen for free.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-07 16:20:18

Shadow Wariror Classic Redux and Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition are on sale. The total comes to $4.98. Should I buy them?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-07 20:51:31

At 11/7/13 04:20 PM, J-Rex wrote: Shadow Wariror Classic Redux and Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition are on sale. The total comes to $4.98. Should I buy them?

Actually I saw the bundle is $3.74 so if I get these games I would get that to save some dough. I'm also thinking of buying Foul Play now. Any opinions on if I should buy this stuff?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-08 02:59:59

Fucking Dark Arisen. One of my pawns died and glitched out of my party then it wanted 300k rift crystals I didn't have to get them back. This happened DEEP in BBI. I had to replace them with a shittt sorcerer that only hit 1k damage. Not very good in NG+ late BBI.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-08 07:55:26

Oh my, I'm somewhat tight on money and I'm leaning towards the XONE, but I can get a PS4 with Killzone and 1yr of PS+ for $350. That means I get Killzone and PS+ free, and save $50. Fuck, how do I turn down something like that, but then also, how do I justify the credit I'll have... shit. Goddamn fuck shit.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-08 08:01:18

At 11/6/13 04:56 PM, Makeshift wrote: It was very anticlimactic for me. I joined just as it was about to be destroyed (everyone online at the time contributes to its death) and didn't get more than one hit on it. Got a lot of great loot though.

Well, I don't have X Box Live Gold. In fact, I can't even go online with my 360 at all unless I bring it downstairs and plug it straight into the modem. I dunno, this shit looks fucking hard. I anticipate some yelling.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-09 14:53:26

I didn't buy Duke Nukem or Shadow Warrior. FTL: Faster Than Light is 50% off. Bought that immediately.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 02:06:59

At 11/10/13 01:03 AM, Shade wrote: How I got Assassin's Creed IV for free today and why I waited in line for five hours in the freezing cold.

The best part is, I got the last copy in the store and possibly the city.

Shit, I didn't hear about this. Says it's on again Monday, but I doubt they'd have anything left... I also own all those games already, so... hm.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 06:13:48

At 11/8/13 07:55 AM, Makeshift wrote: I'm leaning towards the XONE

Give your money to the poor if you hate it so much.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 09:54:07

Not sure of the best place to ask this but are there any NG groups on Steam at all??

I'm in the mood for playing some Garry's Mod games or Civ V games online but feel as though they would be a lot more fun when you're in a group of people that you sort of know!

Finding myself playing PC games a lot more now but I feel as though I need to get into a group and play with others to make them even more enjoyable!

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 13:20:21

At 11/10/13 09:54 AM, warshark wrote: Not sure of the best place to ask this but are there any NG groups on Steam at all??

I'm in the mood for playing some Garry's Mod games or Civ V games online but feel as though they would be a lot more fun when you're in a group of people that you sort of know!

Finding myself playing PC games a lot more now but I feel as though I need to get into a group and play with others to make them even more enjoyable!

There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 14:22:48

At 11/10/13 01:20 PM, J-Rex wrote: There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.

I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 14:42:52

At 11/10/13 02:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

We probably should but if you go the group you can add people from the group and play with them. I know Asandir, Jester, and Mike are in the group. As a side note Mike owns a bunch of games, 142 not counting DLC.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 16:15:13

At 11/10/13 02:42 PM, J-Rex wrote: As a side note Mike owns a bunch of games, 142 not counting DLC.

Is that a lot? I've got 251.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 17:16:18

At 11/10/13 02:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/10/13 01:20 PM, J-Rex wrote: There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.
I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

A VG related group sounds good. Haven't gone into any other forums on here in years. Just stick here in the VG thread.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 18:00:25

At 11/10/13 04:15 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is that a lot? I've got 251.

Holy Christ! I only have 35.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 18:48:16

At 11/10/13 06:00 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/10/13 04:15 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is that a lot? I've got 251.
Holy Christ! I only have 35.

163 :3

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 19:11:06

Counting down the days until PS4 launch while hammering GTA Online. Level 51 right now and I've got the $400K apartment and all but one of the cars that I wanted to get, pretty much just playing for the sake of it now.

I've got about 50 PS3 games on disc and I must have well over 50 PSN and PS3 games from off the store. PlayStation Plus literally throws games at you. It's bad enough having one pile of shame :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 19:13:52

At 11/11/13 06:48 PM, kidd25 wrote: 163 :3

Actually I only have 29. I keep some non Steam games on my account. Even on my old account which is three years old I have a small amount of Steam games.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 11:50:35

So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 12:18:47

At 11/12/13 11:50 AM, Makeshift wrote: So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...

What are your reasons for considering an XB1 anyway?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 13:19:29

At 11/12/13 12:18 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 11/12/13 11:50 AM, Makeshift wrote: So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...
What are your reasons for considering an XB1 anyway?

Mostly friends. Like the three friends I play with most and talk to on XBL are all more interested in the XONE. The friend I play with all the time is getting one for sure. Also I already have more than a year of XBL Gold, but I don't have PS+, so that's an extra $60 I would have to spend. Then there's Titanfall, Fable, and potentially Halo (not sure how I feel about the series atm). The controller is something I prefer much more over the Dualshock 4. I'm more accustomed to it and from what I've heard the XONE controller is amazing. Dualshock just doesn't feel right to me, and D4 looks terrible IMO.

One thing I'm not sure of, but think I saw is that I can't take advantage of the deal where you trade in current gen games for the next gen version for $10 because you can only upgrade X360 - XONE, and PS3 - PS4. Not sure on that one though.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature