New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-27 13:44:09 Reply

At 6/27/13 07:22 AM, Dean wrote: It does look like a good game and all, but my problem is that I keep comparing the price to that of Shadowrun Returns, which has a similar price tag. I'm still not 100% set on buying the new Shadowrun yet, but of the two games, it appeals more to me right now. I was considering pre-purchasing it on Steam but I'll hold off until some reviews are out.

Yeah, I'll likely be purchasing Shadowrun Returns too. It would be hard to say which game is more worth the price.

Does Scrolls use micro-transactions at all? I'd heard it does which I wasn't expecting from Mojang. Assuming it does, what are they like?

Yeah, it does. You can earn gold very quickly to buy random card packs or random singles from a specific resource type. You can also use gold to buy "premium" type items, but it would take a while of course and mostly isn't worth it. You buy "shards" as premium currency. 600 for $5. There are 6 cards which are recommended to you in the store that you can buy individually without any spontaneity for 25 - 120 shards. 120s are the rare ones. Then there's avatars you can buy... for 500.

It's sort of hard to explain because it's a bit weird. I don't think this is how it will be when the final game is released.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-28 00:27:35 Reply

Not sure if this has been brought up or discussed in the past, regardless I felt like sharing. I'm really looking forward to this little Indie title Shovel Knight.

Plays like a side scrolling action game (Megaman) and is supposedly a love letter to 8 bit games. LITTERED to the brim with secrets to find, encouraging exploration and granting replay-ability, and the music is absolutely SICK.

So excited for when this project gets released.

If anyone intends to give this a whirl, let me know!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-29 15:03:41 Reply

Does anybody know when the summer sale starts? And cs source and garrys mod or left 4 dead 2, which is a better purchase?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-29 21:07:51 Reply

At 6/29/13 03:03 PM, darkjam wrote: Does anybody know when the summer sale starts? And cs source and garrys mod or left 4 dead 2, which is a better purchase?

Wasn't there actually a year where it never happened and everyone got their hopes up for nothing? Maybe that was a christmas sale, but it did happen.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Gabe-Newell
Gabe-Newell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-30 10:17:44 Reply

At 6/29/13 03:03 PM, darkjam wrote: Does anybody know when the summer sale starts? And cs source and garrys mod or left 4 dead 2, which is a better purchase?

It will start at around the beginning of July, and here at Valve, we are hoping to start it July 4th. We usually do it on Thursdays if you haven't noticed on previous summer sales. And in my opinion, I think you should get all three, because all are really well made games that can offer a lots of hours of fun. Most people that own these games usually have at least more than 50 hours done on them. But, if you only have enough for two of those games, I would suggest either to wait for the summer sale or to buy just Counter-Strike: Source and Left 4 Dead 2.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-30 11:52:33 Reply

But, if you only have enough for two of those games, I would suggest either to wait for the summer sale or to buy just Counter-Strike: Source and Left 4 Dead 2.

I can only get two, I have 15 and cs source plus garrys mod is 15 with the bundle, while left 4 dead 2 is 15 by itself.

BBS Signature
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-06-30 23:37:31 Reply

Ergh, I'm really looking forward to the new Command & Conquer game...but it's taking EA a hell lot of time to get out beta keys...

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-05 23:13:35 Reply

Was in Cash Converters (second hand store, quite a big chain in the UK) and me and one of my friends found a copy of Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2 both platinum for the PS1. Good condition, all discs and booklets for each. Would have bought them myself if I hadn't already got Metal Gear Solid two years back (that took me until recently to play through) and didn't have my Resi 2 discs from childhood I'd have been tempted. £5 for each wasn't bad, I was tempted to get the RE2 one just for the sake of having an actual case for my 2 discs.

In the end, my friend got them both and I picked up a copy of MGS2 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the sum of £14 (4 and 10, respectively) which was pretty good considering TTT2 is about a year or so old? Anybody else have any good second hand/charity shop finds lately?

On another note, I'm a bit behind the times, what's this new profile pic Jackho?

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-06 09:36:54 Reply

At 7/5/13 11:13 PM, VoidForce wrote: Anybody else have any good second hand/charity shop finds lately?

There are no Cash Converters or CEX type stores in my town unfortunately. The only place that I was able to buy used video games, after my local GameStation closed, was Tesco and Asda but even they seem to be clearing out their pre-owned stock. I've never had a look in the charity shops either. I always feel slightly awkward browsing small stores if I end up not wanting to buy anything. Especially if I'm the only person besides the employee in the store. Can't imagine my town would have much in the way of old video games in the charity shops anyway.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-07 15:31:42 Reply

So this may come across as a random question but just wondering if theres a game that fits the following.

I'm looking for a PC game that involves some sort've managing system where you need to gather resources to build up either a building or a city or a company or a...something.

It's not so much a rts game or a game like Tropico, I just want something quirky and fun to play that involves gathering resources whilst you do something else where you play an actual game to gather resources faster or something.

I know the above is just sort've me rambling on but I was playing the open beta for "A mighty quest for epic loot" and was wondering if there's something similar out there.

Good luck reading that shit above.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-08 01:03:55 Reply

At 7/5/13 11:13 PM, VoidForce wrote:
In the end, my friend got them both and I picked up a copy of MGS2 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the sum of Ã'£14 (4 and 10, respectively) which was pretty good considering TTT2 is about a year or so old? Anybody else have any good second hand/charity shop finds lately?

On another note, I'm a bit behind the times, what's this new profile pic Jackho?

Tekken Tag Tournament was one of my first PS2 games and is still fun to this day, I consider it along with Tekken 3 to be the best of the series. The second game I played about 4-5 hours online at a friend's house and it seems to have balancing issues (the ongoing constant problem with fighters) since most people were rocking either Devil Jin, Marshall Law, spamming juggles with Hwoarang/Eddy or grapples with King/Nina. Could be talking out my ass- I'm not hardcore enough in this genre to really be able to offer an educated opinion.

Yoshimitsu was always my favorite.

Jackho's icon is from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream; an intensely satisfying PC horror game from the mid 90's. It's concept is intriguing, I suggest you read up on it and boot it up if the notion strikes your fancy.

BBS Signature
faolan212
faolan212
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-08 06:51:56 Reply

Consoles I have: SNES, N64, Game Boy (the 1st one), PS2, 2nd Gen NES, X-Box 360, 2 DS's, DSi, and an iPod 4th Gen.
Games currently playing: Medal of Honor (1998), Medal of Honor (2010), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1+2, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-08 06:57:42 Reply

At 7/8/13 06:51 AM, faolan212 wrote: 2nd Gen NES

As in one of the top loading NES consoles? Those things fetch a pretty penny.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-08 09:07:01 Reply

I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream was based on a short story of the same name. That story was one of the inspirations for Terminator. The other inspirations were the Outer Limits episodes the Man With the Glass Hand and the Soldier.

I'm still hooked on Dragon's Dogma. I still can't even do the first royal order quest, griffins bane. On the way to the Bluemoon Tower, there's a mountain valley past Hillfigure Knoll that's crawling with enemies that are too strong for me and my pawns. We can kill a lot of them, but they just keep coming. I'm not sure what level I should be before I try again. I think I'm level 37 right now, maybe 38.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-08 12:36:19 Reply

At 7/5/13 11:13 PM, VoidForce wrote: On another note, I'm a bit behind the times, what's this new profile pic Jackho?

It's from the cover of I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream, specifically of the PC game adaption from 1995. It's about a super computer named AM (I think therefore I am) who basically becomes skynet and nukes the planet, but it keeps 5 people alive to play with, giving them immortality so he can torture them forever.

In the 1967 short story it's based on (you can read it here, it's worth a few minutes of your time) AM doesn't directly interact with the characters too much, but the game fleshes out each character's background much more and has AM create a scenario for for you to play through as each of the five survivors, each one designed to subtly torture them based on their weaknesses and regrets.

It has aged and it's balls to get running on today's computers, but it's awesome and I'd love to see a remake, monkey island special edition style (or even better: telltale's walking dead style. I can dream).

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-10 11:17:03 Reply

I finished Ace Attorney: Justice for All this morning. It's an alright game but never really blew me away or anything, the last case was way too long and the writing really sucked most of the time. Everyone basically became a moron for the last case.

It's annoying when only one piece of evidence will be accepted. For example, (*spoiler*) when the assassin claims Adrian was his client and she then framed Engarde, the only right answer is to present the wine glass with her fingerprints even though she could easily have planned that, when a better answer would be Power's testimony, where he saw the assassin giving the bear figure to someone dressed in Engarde's costume immediately after the murder, there's no way that could be adrian since she only got the costume after she found the body.

I'm told this is the weakest Ace Attorney game so I'm still interested in trying another, especially if maya and franziska are in it.

fanziska is mai waifu

BBS Signature
Mistyride
Mistyride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-15 11:59:25 Reply

Consoles Owned: Xbox 360
Online Usernames: Breezesong (Minecraft)
Games Being Played: Portal, Portal 2 (second time), Disney Universe, Pokémon HeartGold

Life rests between Storm and Fire, as the two combined create the spark of Life.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-15 13:08:14 Reply

At 7/10/13 11:17 AM, Jackho wrote: I'm told this is the weakest Ace Attorney game so I'm still interested in trying another, especially if maya and franziska are in it.

I've played all three Phoenix Wright games and I also agree Justice for All is the weakest of the three. I can't remember specifics about the cases though.

Trials and Tribulations is the best one in my opinion. The first game is good too; its fifth case is probably my favourite case in the whole series.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 17:46:59 Reply

I found my copy of Portal 2! Now I can remember how the atmosphere was nothing like it was should have been.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 19:09:19 Reply

heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

I got Almace. This sword is awesome. And I finally killed that griffin. Romancing Mercedes is taking forever. How much cloudwine do I have to give this chick before she starts glowing?

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 19:15:32 Reply

At 7/16/13 07:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

I got Almace. This sword is awesome. And I finally killed that griffin. Romancing Mercedes is taking forever. How much cloudwine do I have to give this chick before she starts glowing?

What class are you?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 20:14:47 Reply

At 7/16/13 07:15 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 7/16/13 07:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

What class are you?

fighter. I was thinking of changing to assassin or mystic knight, but I'm really liking the skills I have. heavenward lash, burst strike, and steel will. My main pawn is a strider, but I think I might change her to magic archer because the skills look pretty awesome.

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 20:43:01 Reply

At 7/16/13 08:14 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/16/13 07:15 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:

What class are you?
fighter. I was thinking of changing to assassin or mystic knight, but I'm really liking the skills I have. heavenward lash, burst strike, and steel will. My main pawn is a strider, but I think I might change her to magic archer because the skills look pretty awesome.

Mystic Knight is best class. It's crazy OP and you still get most of the sword skills from fighter. Do you have dark arisen? The mace you can get there can go up to 3000 damage at full upgrade. And then you can buff your own weapon to make it even stronger. Its to the point where I can waste around 2 full health bars in one swing.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 21:51:35 Reply

Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

And no, I don't have Dark Arisen, but I intend to get it at some point.

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 21:58:41 Reply

At 7/16/13 09:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

How often do you use them though?

Are they really the staples of your guy?

My MK has Blink strike ( Dark arisen upgrade ), antler toss, and magic canon.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 22:19:13 Reply

At 7/16/13 09:58 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 7/16/13 09:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

I try to remember to use steel will as often as possible, but I do tend to forget. Heavenward lash is useful against harpies, but jumping and hitting Y does work pretty well. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Ai didn't have those skills, but I do still like them. I dunno.

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 22:28:20 Reply

At 7/16/13 10:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/16/13 09:58 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:

I try to remember to use steel will as often as possible, but I do tend to forget. Heavenward lash is useful against harpies, but jumping and hitting Y does work pretty well. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Ai didn't have those skills, but I do still like them. I dunno.

Seeing as how you can switch at any time its worth a try. Although you'd probably have to actually level up in MK because the first level or so doesn't really have any amazing skills. But its like that with every class

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 01:03:15 Reply

hmm I dunno. I'll think about it. What do you think are the most useful mystic knight skls?

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 02:20:44 Reply

Woah, fuck Almace. I just got undulant sword. Time to get some forgeries of dappled ore. It sure is lucky that I just killed a golem and got a piece. Perfect freaking timing.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 02:31:39 Reply

Oh, never mind undulant sword. I maxed it out but I leveled up silver rapier to level two and it's already better. Too bad, cuz undulant sword looks cooler.

BBS Signature